Tue. 11/2 vs. Nuggets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby JSM on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:36 pm

Here is what I don't understand about what Chuck and Kenny were rambling about. Chuck said we are small, ok...we are still without two of our big men (Slava and Vlade). He said Lakers, Nuggets, and Suns will have trouble against these "big teams." What big teams are there? Rockets, Spurs, and Heat...those are all iffy. I mean that's not the style any more. Then Kenny was saying that we will have problems being an energy team 82 games this season. Again, they need to realize that once we get chemistry, by Jan. at the latest. We will be one of the deepest teams in the NBA. And again, we are so deep, that we can afford to be a high octain team, we have so many parts and minutes to spread around. Luke, Sasha, Vlade, and Slava didn't play, due to coach's decision or injuries...add them, and you add a lot of depth.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby GuRu on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:36 pm

realdealbneal wrote:Charles Barkley is my third favorite player behind Kobe and Jordan...but his criticism makes me :hurl:

and there goes my respect fot you......

:man12:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby gill on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:37 pm

Dre Naismith wrote:Charles Barkley was asked by Ernie what were his thoughts on the leadership Kobe showed tonight: "He's like OJ Simpson now, he has to walk a straight line. So of course he's doing that stuff, this is a guy that ran off Phil and Shaq!"

Somehow I just knew that he would twist Kobe's performance into something negative. Sooner or later charles and everybody else who has something to say WILL give Kobe his due respect!

OJ Simpson?!? :mad1: :disagree:

Charles can say whatever the hell he wants and it wouldn't have no merit whatsoever. He's just upset he's in his 40s, have grown fat, and above all has never won a championship. I'm surprised Magic didn't stick a couple of donuts in his mouth to shut him up.

Man, I'm just ssoooooooo dying to watch the Lakers prove every critic wrong this year. And winning the opener tonight, I think that's a damn good sign.
Last edited by gill on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gill

Postby Real Deal on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:37 pm

Hey Guru, I remember both of us saying that Atkins would perform better against the stronger guards than Tierre would. I say it takes time...I can see Tierre getting better and possibly starting, who knows...but right now, experience and better passing skills > a slashing PG.
Real Deal

Postby nosebleedbum on Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:47 pm

still dissapointed?

HELL YES. 35 minutes and he still can wear his uniform for the next game. Common now if you can't sweat playing basketball then you haven't put enough effort in. Sure atkins did a few things better like shoot the ball but he looks like he's still in cruise control.

Brown impressed me more in his 13 minutes. He broke down Boykins a few times. That ain't easy. Atkins couldn't do it. he couldn't even break down Miller. Brown had a few too many turnovers but overall it's a good first game. Brown had 4 asst in 13 minutes. Don't you think getting 2 stinking assists out of your starting PG is pretty weak?

Magic and k. smith said that this team is built for hustle and scratch and claw type of play. The only people who played tonight who didn't get after people were atkins and rush. Maybe that's just their personality. To me that doesn't fit this year's style of play. Atkins and rush in the triangle would work out but not now.
nosebleedbum

My take

Postby GreatShot on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:00 am

I have been a huge laker fan all my life and I picked the lakers to lose by 10+ tonight. I thought they wouldn't be ready to play as a team yet. I was wrong as we all saw.

Chris Mihm:
My MVP for the game for one reason. Rebounding, rebounding, rebounding! The lakers are going to be soft in the middle all year no matter how well Chris Mihm plays but if you can get 25 rebounds between Odom and Mihm night in and night out pencil the lakers in as the #2 seed behind the timberwolves.

Brian Cook:
This guy is for real! The reason Chris Mihm gets 23 is as much because of Cook as it is Kobe. Cook spreads the floor a la Dirk Nowtizki. No I am not saying he is the next Dirk, but what he brings to the lakers posts players is invaluable when it comes to spacing. This guy will average 8.5 ppg, 4.5 rbs coming off the bench.

Kobe:
The most remarkable thing about Kobe tonight was not his block or shooting 14/15 for the line. Kobe played this game like Michael Jordan, he let his teamates work around him early on and played to his strengths based on necessity.

Most Important play of the game:
Voshon Lenard tearing his achillies. The direct result is that now the nuggets REALLY need a streaky SG who can hit the three and they might as well pick up a SF in any deal they make to backup Melo. [insert SF's name here] and Rush are on there way to Denver not sure what we get in return but Nene would be a dream come true for this team (No I didn't think about this trade for more then two seconds, but Rush is a great option for Denver and the lakers have the Fowards to spare).

Outlook for the Nuggets: 50 wins could be generous, there will be no spacing for the Denver big men.

Well thats make take I'm sure I could say more but this is what jumped out at me.
GreatShot

Postby ChainLink on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:02 am

Impressive game. Kobe played good of course, but Mihm and Cook especially surprised me. And that block, damn! Andre Miller looked like Reggie Miller on that play (yes that's a Tayshaun reference :man12: )

Good kickoff for the season, 2 good games on TNT, thank goodness the season is back! :jam2:

btw, someone asked why the Houston at Detroit game was on first; it's the tradition that the Champs always get the opening game of the new season, they tip off the season with the championship banner raising.
ChainLink
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby Cleansed on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:08 am

Im appalled that Chuck would make reference to OJ andKobe Bryant in the same breath on National Television.

I had very little respect for chuck as a analyst prior to tonight but he will forever be tainted from here on out.

Its one thing to criticize K8's game or personality. Its completely another to , in the midst of personal frustration at your own failed prognostication , compare a talented player who the league is trying to promote with figure most people associate with MURDER. If chuck were working for any company with balls and integrity they would ask him to exit stage left. But i forgot...the fat man is funny. He makes little children smile.

Absolutely low blow. L-O-W blow. If he would have excluded OJ it would have been different .
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby Cleansed on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:13 am

Was Magic there when chuck said that?
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
Cleansed

Postby noname on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:17 am

does anyone have videos
noname
Good Call Stats Team

Postby LakeShizow on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:25 am

Shaq Fan wrote:Yeah, its Kobe's time, but he can't do it all himself........all Kobe wants is to be like MJ, he doesn't care about a championship.....all he wants are the player award(MVP/scoring leader).

I will say KObe may go off for 40 but the Lakers still won't win

:nono5:
LakeShizow

Postby Eazym187 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:29 am

Lakerz!!! :jam2:
Eazym187

Postby Unemployed on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:57 am

Suntzu wrote:Was Magic there when chuck said that?

Yeah! And he didn't do anything about it! All he did was smile and laugh! Come on Magic!
"It's an honor to wear the Yellow and Gold"
-Lamar Odom
Unemployed

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:58 am

Who cares about TNT's analysts...

By the way, someone told me on AIM they mentioned Kobe recieved "Mixed reactions" from the crowd. Did TNT say this?
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Cleansed on Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:08 am

Im curious.......i noticed empty seats. Did people leave early or did the elections put a damper on the turnout?
Cleansed

Postby Propulsion on Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:38 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Who cares about TNT's analysts...

By the way, someone told me on AIM they mentioned Kobe recieved "Mixed reactions" from the crowd. Did TNT say this?

yeah TNT said it
Propulsion

Postby Furious D on Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:53 am

I didnt catch most of the game but from what I did see they really kicked butt. I like the help defense and up tempo offense. Really a lot to look forward to this season.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Re: My take

Postby dj vitus on Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:11 am

GreatShot wrote:I have been a huge laker fan all my life and I picked the lakers to lose by 10+ tonight. I thought they wouldn't be ready to play as a team yet. I was wrong as we all saw.

Chris Mihm:
My MVP for the game for one reason. Rebounding, rebounding, rebounding! The lakers are going to be soft in the middle all year no matter how well Chris Mihm plays but if you can get 25 rebounds between Odom and Mihm night in and night out pencil the lakers in as the #2 seed behind the timberwolves.

Brian Cook:
This guy is for real! The reason Chris Mihm gets 23 is as much because of Cook as it is Kobe. Cook spreads the floor a la Dirk Nowtizki. No I am not saying he is the next Dirk, but what he brings to the lakers posts players is invaluable when it comes to spacing. This guy will average 8.5 ppg, 4.5 rbs coming off the bench.

Kobe:
The most remarkable thing about Kobe tonight was not his block or shooting 14/15 for the line. Kobe played this game like Michael Jordan, he let his teamates work around him early on and played to his strengths based on necessity.

Most Important play of the game:
Voshon Lenard tearing his achillies. The direct result is that now the nuggets REALLY need a streaky SG who can hit the three and they might as well pick up a SF in any deal they make to backup Melo. [insert SF's name here] and Rush are on there way to Denver not sure what we get in return but Nene would be a dream come true for this team (No I didn't think about this trade for more then two seconds, but Rush is a great option for Denver and the lakers have the Fowards to spare).

Outlook for the Nuggets: 50 wins could be generous, there will be no spacing for the Denver big men.

Well thats make take I'm sure I could say more but this is what jumped out at me.

Welcome to the board.. and great take on the Lakers. I'm very high on Chris Mihm, and also happy that Brian Cook is more confident than ever about his game.
dj vitus

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:16 am

Lakers won this game because Kobe was unselfish + he scored 25 points and Mihm suprosed Nuggets with great effort.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby shoe on Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:23 pm

Great game all around!!!

Gotta stop lettin them get offensive rebounds though :jam2:
shoe

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:08 pm

propulsiondj wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Who cares about TNT's analysts...

yeah TNT said it

You have to be kidding me!!!

:disagree: Kobe Bryant got a standing ovation, everyone was cheering for him when he was introduced, louder than ever If I recall correctly...
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby keyindabox on Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:22 pm

Kobe's block was SICK :jam2:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:41 pm

it was :jam2:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby keyindabox on Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:43 pm

purple_and_gold_fever wrote:it was :jam2:

DAMN STRAIGHT SUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKAAAAAAA :jam2:

:man10:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:44 pm

keyindabox wrote:
purple_and_gold_fever wrote:it was :jam2:

DAMN STRAIGHT SUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKAAAAAAA :jam2:

:man10:

:man3: .... oh well :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
purple_and_gold_fever

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight