Tue. 11/18 @ Pistons - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:12 pm

shaqpak34 wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:OMG....BREAKING NEW...BREAKING NEWS....KOBE JUST MADE A 20 POINTER.....LAKERS UP 116-106

what f'in game areu talkin about u watchin reruns of last year or osmething??!?!

lol

LOL.......im just playin around....but BOY am I [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know I'll have trouble sleeping tonight!!!!!!
LakersChamps04

Postby LakersPride on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:13 pm

i think it was meant as a joke

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
LakersPride

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:14 pm

LakersPride wrote:i think it was meant as a joke

hahaha ya i know.. i was just jokin back

its all good :jam2:
shaqpak34

Postby JSM on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:14 pm

Shaq and Malone 20 each
Kobe 19 points
Payton 15 points

Kobe shot 4-14, he has to shoot better
Rush should go on the IR immediately...I don't want to hear this Russell stuff any more, look at Rush's poor performance

Rush-2 fouls, 0-3 shooting, in 9 minutes
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby LakersPride on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:15 pm

The fab four did their jobs, but our bench is crap!!!

LakersPride

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:17 pm

shaq and devean played onl thirty

if shaq hadnt gotten in foul trouble in the first quarter, this woulda been a WHOLE different game

devean was lighting it up, he shot 4-8...he shoulda stayed in

kobe shot horribly 4-14, he got a billion freethrows tho (11-11) for 19 points in all

payton and malone played well
malone had 20

payton had 15

RUSH played only 9 minutes but those were CLUTCH minutes

he shoulda played garbage time
shaqpak34

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:18 pm

Grant had a solid game

seven points four rebounds and two assists in 22 minutes

but he shot 3-9 and DID NOT fulfill his role

he shouldnt score, he needs to rebound and play D

if this was an ideal game his stats should be like

7 rebounds, 2 blocks, and four points or osmehting

not 7 points 4 rebounds and 2 assists
shaqpak34

Postby LakersPride on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:19 pm

God Damit, we should all sign a petition and send it to KCAL to say that we want the games shown live.

I sent a complaint email, and they told me that they have been doing it for 27 year and have gotten good ratings, so they arent going to change it now.

KCAL SUCKS!!!

LakersPride

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:20 pm

Here is my analysis of the game:

1 - Kobe struggled way too much....shooting 4-14 is not gonna cut it...if he made atleast 50% of his shots...it wouldve been a different story.

2 - Coaching was questionable....why have KRush in at such a crucial time...we needed Fish or George at such clutch time....they've proved they're clutch over and over again!!!!

3 - Detroit had 16 turnovers and we only had 8.....we SHOULD'VE taken advantage of their mistakes and converted on those TO's.

4 - Defense is also questionable....letting people get layups late in the 4th is a killer.....we can't allow that [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]!!!!!!

5 - WE NEED TO MAKE THOSE CHIP SHOTS....malone missed a lay up on several occasions...we can't be having that.

6 - Shaq picking up those 3 fouls early on hurt us also....that is partly due to dribble penetration...which forces shaq to foul
LakersChamps04

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:20 pm

REBOUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they out rebounded us 27-46

shaq was our highest with 10, and then second was malone with only five

we had 9 offensive rebounds to their 14

Ben wallace had 15, williamson had 8, and okur had 7

that adds up to 30

just those THREE players outrebounded our WHOLE FRIGGIN TEAM!
shaqpak34

Postby Vasashi17 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:22 pm

You can kiss 73 wins good bye....it ain't happening this year for sure now
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:22 pm

if chick was here, he would DEFINATELY shout at them and their poor rebounding and defensive skills

gosh this stinks, we HAVENT been playin at our potential

PHILS GOTTA STOP PAINTBALLING AND START PRACTICIN BASKETBALL
shaqpak34

Postby shaqpak34 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:23 pm

Vasashi17 wrote:You can kiss 73 wins good bye....it ain't happening this year for sure now

man...if we can just click, and kobe gets back into shape and gets triple doubles like he did last year

73 wont be too far off
shaqpak34

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:25 pm

73 wins is not a realistic goal.....morelike 79!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!HEHEHE :jam2:
LakersChamps04

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:29 pm

and not only that, but the Piss-tons shot 57% from the field...talk about no D, although we played some at the third but we let them maintain their hot shooting at the 4th....PATHETIC...I didn't catch up with the game but based on you guy's comments, it doesn't seem like Kareem Rush is getting the job done...well, at least Phil has faith with him, and the Shaw development temporary assistant doesn't seem to working as of yet...hes been bricking jumpers for us last year and this year, all I hope is that he improves...0-3, 2 fouls...offensive and D-fensive woes there...I noticed that our field goal percentage kept dropping over time, from like 51% to 46% at the end of the game. Man, I bet the whole team is pissed for letting an EASY GAME fall like that. I mean, come on, Corliss Williamson and Bob Sura controlling the offense of this game...lol...and Hamilton bounced back from his slump last game. One thing I keep praising: Rebounds, rebounds...they outrebounded us every quarter....and considering that last year they were the league's worst rebounding team, what happened? Has Prince and Okur made the difference? Shaq was certainly in foul trouble (one of Larry Brown's big major offensive and defensive adjustments on him) but Malone can't be the only one rebounding for us. Big Ben had 16? What is going on...we've got to rebound, turnovers and shooting were acceptable, but not defense...we kept sending them to the line, and it looks like Rush was there when all the crummy plays were made for us..the bench has got to step it up, Fisher's at a slump and we can't wait for the safe haven of Slava and Ricky Fox to help our intensity. We've got to win now...the Lakers better beat Memphis tomorrow, otherwise this is pathetic....8-3 now, still tops in the league, but we better not hold our ground....yet
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:47 pm

don't you mean the Knicks
JSM

Postby mo' betta blue on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:52 pm

I agree with LakersPride. KCAL sucks! I hate delayed games. I stopped watching any tape delay games. It's too anti climactic especially if you know the score. I didnt bother to watch this game but I can tell by the stats that it was a horrible game.
Defensive minded Pistons scored over 100 points-could it be the Lakers played the "Lazy Man's Defense?" hmmm.....
Rebounds for Lakers (26) and Pistons (47)- could it be the Lakers were outhustled? hmmm....
Overall, they played "Standing Around" basketball where four Lakers watch the fifth Laker shoot the ball and the other four Lakers don't rebound or hustle for loose balls. Players play basketball, not watch the game like the fans on the seats.
Lesson learned from this game: Rebound,rebound,rebound! Defense,defense,defense!
Let's hope for a better effort against the Knicks!
mo' betta blue

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:57 pm

The Colorado Rockies of the NBA strike again. Horrible game, Kobe never even got the ball. The Pistons made every shot they took and when they missed they got the offensive rebounds.

It's complete bs. This team is way, way overrated. I'm fed up, I don't trust this team at all. Losing is not acceptable, this is not the Cavs or Nuggets.

You can't play defense on Mehmet Okur or Bob Sura? get the hell out of here..

Postby Guest on Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:59 pm

I don't care if it's the 11th game of the season or not, if you can't win on the road then it's obvious were lal getting our hopes up for nothing..

I don't care who's on the roster either, they've lost my trust. My god, double teaming Okur?? Shaq's stupid chippies rarely go in.

Screw this. Jack Daniels here I come..

Postby Kobe834 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:03 pm

:mad1: KCAL!!!!!!
Kobe834

Postby 4Rings on Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:03 pm

Calm down Posto, you still have 71 more games where you can throw back a few. I knew we were done when Shaq picked up those early fouls. He was on his way to a big game but he committed some stupid fouls there. Kobe's stroke just wasn't there tonight and I thought I saw him dragging his right leg a bit. I hate delayed games too because you are always tempted to look at ESPN or NBA.com for the score. Although sometimes it's good because if I know they lost, I won't waste my time watching it. I hope the Knicks game isn't delayed tomorrow.
If we are all thinking alike, then nobody is thinking!
4Rings

Postby LakersChamps04 on Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:08 pm

"Jack Daniels here I come".........................LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2:
LakersChamps04

Postby kingjsun on Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:14 pm

i miss rick
Buckle up! This off season is going to be some ride...
kingjsun

Postby BDG on Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:15 pm

After watching this game, Shaq played absolutely TERRIBLE! He forced WAY too many shots and they should have moved the ball around more. Although he was in foul trouble, he played sorry defense on Mehmet Okur. Malone was hitting all his shots and should have gotten the ball more along with Kobe.

Our defense was terrible and I didn't see the logic in benching Devean George in the 4th and having Kareem Rush's weak defense allow Bobby Sura to look like a superstar. Kobe was the only guy out there that was actually working hard and playing good defense.

We need to work together a LOT more on defense and it's a shame we let up 106 points to the PISTONS!

Don't expect too many highlights; this one was ugly.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Tue Nov 18, 2003 8:31 pm

interesting fact about tonight... O'Neal passed George Gervin for 25th on NBA's career scoring list with 20,709 points. David Robinson is next at 20,790
JSM

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight