Postby I Support #8 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:26 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:Lakers vs. Kings
Tuesday, Oct. 19
Save Mart Center
7:30 pm
TV: KCAL
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330

Post all your comments here...

>> Think you have what it takes to predict this game's outcome? Play Good Call: hosted by BDG!

Heads up guys.. it's advertised that this game will be broadcast on NBATV for those of us that have it. Of course, the same was done for the Lakers/Sonics game, but we shall see what happens. It's scheduled for 10:30 PM EST time here for me. Let's just keep our fingers crossed this time!
I Support #8

re

Postby Xepa on Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:41 pm

Remember guys the queens beat the rockets..... i have my faith in LA but my mind is betting on SAC. I hope i'm wrong but if that's so i'm so screwed in good call lol.

Team FARMAR.
alleon86, The Bynum Supremacy, Barnstable, Massacre, nicehair911, melo061, Chicano, Kwame's Cake, lizlakers31, KobeBryant583, popo, C-mac 4.35, dj vitus, M4mb4 24
Xepa

Postby DJM19 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:08 pm

meh, anything can happen in preseason. Its so random cause you dont know who will play a lot and who wont. Whos sitting out...
DJM19

Postby Crono0801 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:20 pm

I think Atkins is gonna play the pg the most today. He didn't play all that much vs the sonics or the warriors. I think we will probably see alot of him today. I hope we get to see Sasha play again.
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby HitEmUp on Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:27 pm

i think brown will prob go in too, cuz he didnt play last game
HitEmUp

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:32 pm

Injury Update

Luke, Slava, and Rush won't play tonight for the Lakers

Christie and Ostertag won't be playing for the Kings, because of injuries.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Furious D on Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:39 pm

BobbsGirl wrote:Bobbitt is going to have a good game...Mark my words! He'll add that spark off the bench and burn Bibby up...Lawd knows that boy needs some color anyways!!
:mad1:

I have a lot of faith in Bobbitt too. But tonight is Brown's turn to play so dont expect much from Tony tonight. :announce:
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Crono0801 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:38 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

they used James' head instead of the hockey pucks :man10: :man10: :man10:
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby G|B|G|B on Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:51 pm

Crono0801 wrote::man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

they used James' head instead of the hockey pucks :man10: :man10: :man10:

ya i noticed
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:57 pm

Chucky Atkins and Tierre Brown vs Mike Bibby and Bobby Jackson: This is going to be our point guards' hardest matchups yet. Bibby is a very strong PG, compared to Atkins, he is the second coming of Arnold. Bobby Jackson is one of the best point guards in the NBA, and going against Brown, Sasha, and Bobbitt won't be much of a challenge for him. I think we should use Bobbitt as much as possible, against Bibby, because he is one of our more bulkier guards. He has a two guard's body, which could come in handy against Bibby, especially if you want to stop his inside game. I think we will use Brown tonight, because he can get some things initiated for us with his passing and quickness. I Rudy is rotating games where he uses Sasha and where he uses Brown, if I am right, then tonight is Brown's night. I would prefer it, if we used Brown against Jackson, I think we would get the best results out of him, if we went this route.

Kobe Bryant vs Kevin Martin: Kobe will play a minimum of 30 minutes, the rest will go to Butler, Jones, and perhaps Bobbitt. I think Kobe is going to welcome Martin into the NBA tonight. Having a rookie on our best player, not something I would recommend. T-Mac didn't give him a proper introduction to the NBA, so Kobe must fulfill his duty as a NBA veteran. He must school the kid, dunk on him, and break his ankles. Martin is a good rookie, but it ends there, because he is just a rookie. He won't be able to stop Kobe or Caron, while they will be holding his production to a minimum. Christie will sit out tonight, because he has an injured foot, meaning Kobe will get to go all out. I would expect that the Kings have a lineup of Bibby and Jackson in the game at some point, because Devean will only be able to take so much, before he puts Bibby on Kobe. Kobe can move both of them around, with his additional strength. With Martin on him, he will just shoot on him all night, with Bibby, he might try to get him post game going. Look for Kobe to have a solid game on both ends. He will have a lot of energy on offense tonight, since he can kick his D down a gear.

Lamar Odom vs Peja Stojakovic: The most unhappy, best shooter in the game against the player that is struggling to find his spot on his new team. We all know that Lamar is going to be the second option, but I think we all are wondering when he is going to show us that Odom. Because right now, he wouldn't be the 7th option, his shot isn't falling and the only thing going for him is his defense. And D is just what we need against Peja. He has enjoyed lighting us up like a Christmas tree in the past, when George was guarding him. Now we have a legitimate player against him, Odom has long arms, and can alter a lot of Peja's shots. Peja isn't a defender, which is good for us. Maybe tonight will be the game where Odom can get something going, break out, and get something going as a Laker. We have the advantage in the SF matchup, because we have a Caron Butler that is ready to go. The athletic backup, logged in 17 minutes as a starter against the Warriors. He will be going against Bluthenthal, who has been playing quite well for the Kings. It should make for a good matchup, Caron is the more athletic of the two and with Rudy as coach, his willingness to fit into this Laker system, and his added muscle over the summer...Butler will win most matchups against backup forwards and two guards.

Brian Grant vs Chris Webber: I think and hope that Grant is up to starting tonight. He saw 15 minutes Sunday and should be up for more minutes, now. We need a banger to go against C-Webb and I would much rather have Odom on Peja than Webber, because he can stop Peja much easier. Grant will have no trouble guarding the shell of a former all star. Webber has just lost a step or two, when he was injured, and hasn't got them back. Grant is a bigger, bulkier player, and is also much more aggressive than the present day Webber. The best thing that Webber could do for the Kings is not call a timeout, if he can avoid doing this, I think they will be happy with his performance tonight. Cook will likely see 20+ minutes again tonight, since Slava is out. He won't have much of a problem with Ford. Ford is a lot bigger than Cook, by about 50 pounds, so that means that Cook won't be able to do much in the paint, and most of Alton's points will come from the point. Cook needs to hit his jumpers tonight and get out in the open court, which shouldn't be too hard to do against the much slower opponent. Lamar will probably play some at the PF tonight, too, but it would be best if he was on Peja, because that's where the mismatch is.

Chris Mihm vs Brad Miller: We all wanted to see Vlade's first game against his former team, but due to injuries, we will have to wait until 11/26 to see Vlade play against his former team. Instead, we get to see Mihm vs Miller. We finally get to see what Mihm can do against a real big man in the West. We have seen him have to very good first games, but those were against extremely weak frontcourts, for a Western team, at least. Both are athletic big men that can score and rebound, and can both play both positions in the frontcourt. This should be a good matchup, to say the least. Miller is an all star player, so I think we know who will win this one, but it's good for Mihm to get in some real competition and a taste for what it's like in the West, before the season rolls around. Unfortunately for us, we are going to be thin again at the center position, so Grant will likely see some time here, as will Nwankwo. But the Kings are also without one of their big men, Greg Ostertag will sit out this game, because of a hand injury. Meaning Parada and Smith will be their backup centers, good news for Grant and Nwankwo. I think that Grant could do some damage against Miller, since Grant is a physical player that's not afraid of contact.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:05 pm

My man Sasha's got charisma! :jam2:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Kasumi on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:09 pm

All right, I'm here. Go Lakers!
ImageImage

You can now find me over at www.LakersBall.com
Kasumi
ClubSpurs.com Administrator

Postby G|B|G|B on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:11 pm

wow !!!!
odom!!!
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:11 pm

ODOM with the FACIAL on Miller!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:16 pm

Did they draft Kevin Martin just because he looks like Doug Christie?
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:17 pm

mini k-mart actually was a good pick...but he does look too much like christie

carons got a nice jumper going, good d on peja but that fadeaway was unstoppable
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:18 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Did they draft Kevin Martin just because he looks like Doug Christie?
:man10:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GT1 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:20 pm

I guess this is how games will be all year, close games, don't expect many blowouts like last year.

I'm so use to it that I forget sometimes, I expect a blow out then I see it's not the same Lakers, lol. I love these Lakers more though, seems like more team work and faster pace.

I love how Kobe lets Odom and Atkins create plays, while Kobe is running off of pics and getting rebounds. :jam2:
GT1

Postby lakerfool on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:20 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Did they draft Kevin Martin just because he looks like Doug Christie?

Actually i think Kevin Martin could turn out to become a very good player in this league..i liked what little i saw of him

WHAT TIME DOES THE GAME START?
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:20 pm

lakerfool wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:

Actually i think Kevin Martin could turn out to become a very good player in this league..i liked what little i saw of him

WHAT TIME DOES THE GAME START?

games on dude
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby GuRu on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:21 pm

can i get an update...starting line-up???
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:22 pm

GuRu wrote:can i get an update...starting line-up???

Lakers 18
Kings 19

4:10

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby RHCP on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:23 pm

Caron looks sharp!
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:23 pm

Chris Atkins is showing his point guard skills. I love how this Laker team all has great ball handlers and can create stuff on their own.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:24 pm

im loving the run and gun
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight