Save Mart Center
7:30 pm
TV: KCAL
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 105
Kings - 80

Lakers Cruise Past Kings
Caron Butler poured in 18 points to lead the Lakers to a 105-80 preseason victory over the Kings Tuesday night in Fresno, Ca. Chris Mihm and Brian Cook scored 17 points each for L.A., which hosts Golden State on Thursday.

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:53 pm

Lakers will win! Kobe will have terrific night!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby crucifido on Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:53 pm

As long as everyone keeps communicating and improving as with the game against the Warriors, I predict a fun season for everyone who is sticking with our Lakers.

The improvement of Sasha and Cook was great to see. That along with Mihm showing up like he can and Kobe scoring and directing traffic, everything will keep developing well.

Win or loss, it doesn't matter (pre-season and all) as long as the team keeps coming together.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby RHCP on Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:12 pm

Well this will be different. A Lakers vs. Kings matchup, but only one of the same faces that sparked the hatred(Fox, Shaq, etc.).
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

Postby crucifido on Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:13 pm

I still don't hate them any less.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby MarkMadsen on Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:15 pm

I think Lakers will pull it out IF they work on their D. If not, there gonna get manhadled by the Kings offense.
MarkMadsen

Postby BDG on Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:11 am

This will be a good preview to see how we'll match up against the West's elite. I hope we bring our A game.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Real Deal on Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:29 am

Well...

First off, sure...we need to work on our defense, and the Kings' offense will hurt us if we don't. However, the same goes for Sacramento. Their defense isn't the best, either...and they've been together for a while now.

Also, a problem I'm sure I'll see is this one guy...Greg Ostertag. Mihm would eat him alive...and so would nearly every center in the league. Depending on how long Brad Miller is in the game, the Lakers may tear into the Kings.

As far as the other positions go, I think Odom should be starting at PF here, and Butler at SF because his perimeter defense will affect Peja's role against the Lakers. We all know Peja loves to shoot, but he can't create his shot...so if Caron sticks with him on the perimeter, Odom can worry more about crashing the boards against Bluthenthal and Webber (if C-Webb even plays).

Kobe...we all know he'll destroy Christie on both sides of the court...but my biggest worry comes from the PG position, with Mike Bibby and Bobby Jackson. I'm hoping Rudy T gives the start to Brown, and then plays Bobbitt in this game, because Bobbitt is bigger and stronger than Bibby, to keep him from driving and penetrating.

The Lakers should take this game, with Kobe attacking the hoop much more than the last two games.
Real Deal

Postby G|B|G|B on Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:28 pm

i want to see sasha take on bibby
=)
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby Triumph Jelani on Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:53 pm

i bet you that pick n roll wont be effective now
Triumph Jelani

Postby dj vitus on Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:34 pm

i thought osterfag broke his hand or something...
dj vitus

Postby LukeWalton on Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:48 pm

itll be nice to c how MIhm matches up with Brad Miller. Last gms i cant even rememebr who were his opposng C :man10: I think our defense will be tested here. Im excited to c Peja vs Odom. I wanna c Odom posting him up.
LukeWalton

Postby Furious D on Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:18 pm

G|B|G|B wrote:i want to see sasha take on bibby
=)

Yeah me too. It'll be interesting to see how Sasha can handle the better PG's in the west.

Miller vs. Mihm is also gonna be a good matchup. I can see those two really going at it in the post. Too bad Vlade is out tomorrow.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Laker brain on Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:25 pm

I see this game as a close game... it will be competitive.
I think Kobe has to have a monster game and Odom has to play better or the lakers will lose... Bibby and Bobby Jackson will tear up any of our PG's, In order for the lakers to win they have to play good defense and some good half court ball. I don't think you wanna run with the Kings. I think it will be 101-100 Lakers.
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby KB24 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:43 am

I hope Sasha and Tierre will get minutes to prove themselves against Bibby and B-Jax! Then i would like the matchup between Peja and Butler and Odom against Webber! It will be interesting too to see Mihm competing with Millar

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:41 am

In this game, I wanna see, how worth is Brian Grant?!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby lofton_wu on Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:37 am

I hope Odom can score double-digit on Webber!!And more exiciting Kobe plays!!GO LAKERS!! :jam2:
lofton_wu

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:19 am

Forgive me for saying this, but unless the Lakers can get it together offensively and keep up on defense and rebounds, we may not have a chance. The Queens have been together for a long time and have already got their offensive/defensive plays on lock, and we on the other hand are still in the process of learning our plays. So unless we get everything crisp, it'll be tough. I still hope we pull out a win, or at least a good fight. We'll just have to see what happens tonight! And I for one am becoming a big Vujacic fan, so hopefully he can drain those jumpers like he did against GS. He just seemed so poised and in control for a rookie. GO LAKESHOW!
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Triumph Jelani on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:44 am

Lakers4Ever wrote:Forgive me for saying this, but unless the Lakers can get it together offensively and keep up on defense and rebounds, we may not have a chance. The Queens have been together for a long time and have already got their offensive/defensive plays on lock, and we on the other hand are still in the process of learning our plays. So unless we get everything crisp, it'll be tough. I still hope we pull out a win, or at least a good fight. We'll just have to see what happens tonight! And I for one am becoming a big Vujacic fan, so hopefully he can drain those jumpers like he did against GS. He just seemed so poised and in control for a rookie. GO LAKESHOW!

Yeah he's a rookie but Sasha has been playing internationally, which is a far cry from college ball. sorta like the gap between Gasol and his competition. I think his strength & conditioning is the key to him becoming a star.
Triumph Jelani

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Oct 19, 2004 10:59 am

Triumph Jelani wrote:
Lakers4Ever wrote:Forgive me for saying this, but unless the Lakers can get it together offensively and keep up on defense and rebounds, we may not have a chance. The Queens have been together for a long time and have already got their offensive/defensive plays on lock, and we on the other hand are still in the process of learning our plays. So unless we get everything crisp, it'll be tough. I still hope we pull out a win, or at least a good fight. We'll just have to see what happens tonight! And I for one am becoming a big Vujacic fan, so hopefully he can drain those jumpers like he did against GS. He just seemed so poised and in control for a rookie. GO LAKESHOW!

Yeah he's a rookie but Sasha has been playing internationally, which is a far cry from college ball. sorta like the gap between Gasol and his competition. I think his strength & conditioning is the key to him becoming a star.

I agree with you completely. His strength and conditioning will be key. I know he's still a far way from being a star, but in comparison to Kobe's, Sasha's attitude towards the game is just the way Kobe's was when he was a rookie. Not afraid to take shots and never wanting to lose. I'm not saying he could be just like Kobe, I'm just saying I like the way his attitude is towards the game and it may help him in becoming a good player. All in all, he will be a good rookie to watch throughout the season just as long as he gets the playing time he deserves.
Lakers4Ever

Postby DIESEL on Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:38 pm

We must win this game to prove that we can beat the elite of west ...........

Lakers 90
Kings 85

Kobe: 30 pts 4 rebs 6 asis.
Lamar: 15pts 7 rebs
Mihm: 10 pts 9 rebs 5 blks.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :jam2:
KOBE BRYANT = MVP
DIESEL

Postby HitEmUp on Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:58 pm

everyday before a laker game i get nervous and excited...i cant wait!!! :jam2: :bow:

:ball1: :beer:
HitEmUp

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:49 pm

lets go lakers!!!!! :ball1: :jam2: :smash:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Lala on Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:09 pm

Bobbitt is going to have a good game...Mark my words! He'll add that spark off the bench and burn Bibby up...Lawd knows that boy needs some color anyways!!
:mad1:
Lala

Postby Lakers4Ever on Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:16 pm

makaveli_8 wrote:everyday before a laker game i get nervous and excited...i cant wait!!! :jam2: :bow:

:ball1: :beer:

You're not the only one. GO LAKERS!! :jam2:
Lakers4Ever

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday