Tue. 10/12 vs. Sonics - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Real Deal on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:57 pm

TheAnswerIsAi3 wrote:
LK87 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
LK87 wrote:1 min to go???????????????
More like 17 secs
:bang:
so high score for kobe, but we lose??? why ?...

Read what you just said and you'll know why the Lakers lost :man12:

Don't put the blame on Kobe already. We didn't have half of our roster...three potential starters...and those three are good rebounders also. Then there's no Walton, and Rush left...so that's why the Lakers lost.

Anyways, it'll take a couple more practices and games with everyone healthy...then we'll be dangerous.
Real Deal

Postby noname on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:58 pm

seeing as this is the pre-season and the team is new lets try to take the good thinks like the way mihm and brown played well
noname
Good Call Stats Team

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:58 pm

80-87, Kobe 35 pts!
Next time we will win!!!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby noxcel on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:58 pm

Lateralus wrote:
noxcel wrote:I am pissed at Odom, he did not came to play and was pissed at others, thats bad for the team :disagree:

Well if you actually watched his game, he wasn't able to get in an effective position to play his natural game.

so?
noxcel

Postby Lateralus on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm

Yeah we shouldn't be angry with the Lakers about this game but still be concerned about all the problems that occurred. That's what the preseason is for.
Lateralus

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm

Brown is definitely on the team. Man, is that Cook a fouling machine or what? We really need Grant, Caron and Divac back to stablize the team. Hopefully, Divac and Grant can anchor the rebound department because we could not even grab any rebound against the Supersonics. I can't imagine if we play a team with actual size down low. It's going to be ugly. Lamar needs to pick up his game. He looks like the Clipper Lamar out there. I think he should stop working out before the game...that's no good and probably throws his shots off.
jimbo327

Postby Guest on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm

after mihm's performance, SHAQ who?

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm

dayum that alley-oop was absolutely SIIIIIIIIICK :bow:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby noname on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:59 pm

noxcel wrote:
Lateralus wrote:
noxcel wrote:I am pissed at Odom, he did not came to play and was pissed at others, thats bad for the team :disagree:

Well if you actually watched his game, he wasn't able to get in an effective position to play his natural game.

so?

ure hopeless
noname
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Lateralus on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:00 pm

noxcel wrote:
Lateralus wrote:

so?

Read your own post. You make it sound as if Odom didn't care about the game which obviously wasn't the case.
Lateralus

Postby KB24 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:00 pm

Guys its good that we lost! Now Rudy and the players know they have much to do! If we had won who knows what happend! Pre-season is made to find out the mistakes, adjust your offense your defense and start to build chemistry! You can´t find chemistry in one game! It is important to work hard and Rudy knows what to do!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:00 pm

No way should you be able to play 41 minutes in a pre-season game. I thought that was a bad move. Risking injuries, and less playing time for the players who need playing time to try to make the cut.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby jimbo327 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:01 pm

Damn, we shot 51% and still lost. Sonics only shot like 43%. We must of had a lot of turnovers.
jimbo327

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:02 pm

jimbo327 wrote:Damn, we shot 51% and still lost. Sonics only shot like 43%. We must of had a lot of turnovers.
You are correct. 20 turnovers. Pre-season jitters.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Ring It Up on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:03 pm

noxcel wrote:
Lateralus wrote:

so?

You know for once I actually agree with you. He was touted as being so versatile. So everywhere should be his natural game.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby KB24 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:05 pm

We are unhappy but think of the kings!
They lost by 20 in Arco arena! Bibby sucked and they played ugly! They have to take care! Brown is maybe the s´teal of the year!
Cook the MVP :jam2: :jam2:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby noxcel on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:06 pm

Kobe and Slava the only people with 10+ points, thats bad.
noxcel

Postby crucifido on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:08 pm

Why some of you guys were so high on Sasha I don't know.

The guy played the same sloppy game tonight that he did in summer league. I just don't see what he has to offer this team. Brown played mediocre and he won't have trouble snagging that back-up PG spot. All in all, the Lakers are in need of a point guard. I like Atkins and what he can do, but he always has and still has more of a solid back-up PG feel to me.

Good game though. For the first pre-season game there were some really positive signs. Mihm was most "Mihmpressive" (sorry had to say it) but then again I've always thought that with a consistent staff, team and system behind him he will turn out to be a great acquisition.

Disappointed to see that Medvedenko still looks confused on defense and doesn't seem top be showing much aggression for rebounds. A guy his size has got to have some kind of inside game and in the three years he's been here now, I have yet to see him even attempt to develop one. Cook was also a disappointment to me. Granted, I know it's a pre-season game and I certainly wouldn't make or break a player based on one game, but Cook and Medvedenko have had a good summer to work on some things and it seems as ifg neither of them did any work at all.

Kobe, was in mid-season form and after he gets comfortable letting his teammates take a chunk of the offense his season will defintiely be memorable.

Odom was obviously struggling with an entirely new system, but I fully expect him to adapt by the season's opener. His defense was stellar.

Not bad for a hobbled team without two (counting Karl 3) ogf it's main cogs in the lineup.

Man I'm so happy to see basketball back on... feels like home again.
Last edited by crucifido on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:09 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:No way should you be able to play 41 minutes in a pre-season game. I thought that was a bad move. Risking injuries, and less playing time for the players who need playing time to try to make the cut.

well the only other SG we have is kareem and he sprained his ankle...dont know how much of a choice he had (and i doubt he wanted to sit anyway)
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby pimpachu2001 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:10 pm

Well, well, well....

I was impressed over-all with Mihm - his shot blocking was really something, plus he moved very quickly. Tierre Brown is really trying to make the team, and I wouldn't be surprised if he succeeds; heck, he looked better than Atkins by a mile.

Can we say grab a damn rebound?? Odom was trying to get it done, but what was up with every one else? The Lakers should really watch some tape of the Showtime Lakes to try and get a feel for the "team" rebound; cuz I was really missing Divac and Grant for a while there.

Defense needs to definitley stay tight - the first half was great, the second... blah.

One last, sad criticism: I was really hoping to see Kobe really make the rest of his team better - get 'em open shots, move effectivley without the ball, not hold on to it for too long - but it just seemed like the Kobe from the 2002-2003 season. We'll see if he can make good on his promise to elevate the rest of the team.

Lots, and I mean lots, of work ahead.
pimpachu2001

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:11 pm

Great post crucifido-- "mihm-pressive" got me cracking up-- maybe i'll use it for the front page :man12: :man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:11 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:No way should you be able to play 41 minutes in a pre-season game. I thought that was a bad move. Risking injuries, and less playing time for the players who need playing time to try to make the cut.

well the only other SG we have is kareem and he sprained his ankle...dont know how much of a choice he had (and i doubt he wanted to sit anyway)

It's pre-season...like guru said, he should've played 20 minutes max. there are other guys who could've played for him. that bobbit guy didn't plat that much, or nate johnson and chucky atkins.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby crucifido on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:13 pm

Thanks BDG - I said about a 100 times (due to my mass consumtion of caffeine today more than likely) making myself giggle and my wife just roll her eyes.

Feel free to use it - just don't tell my wife you did, she's already frightened of me using all year.

:man13:
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Unemployed on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:14 pm

Yeah, it is just pre-season so calm down! Other than the lost, Chris Mihm impressed me, if he could be that defensive minded player throughout the season that GP trade isn't looking bad
"It's an honor to wear the Yellow and Gold"
-Lamar Odom
Unemployed

Postby RHCP on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:15 pm

crucifido wrote:Why some of you guys were so high on Sasha I don't know.

The guy played the same sloppy game tonight that he did in summer league. I just don't see what he has to offer this team.

LOL dude! He has never played an NBA game in his life he moved to this country a couple months ago and he is still pretty skinny. Once he gets in shape, gets used to other players and gets used to the pace of the NBA he will be solid, truse me.
RHCP
2nd Cousin of Cherokee Parks

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight