Tue. 10/12 vs. Sonics - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Crono0801 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:16 pm

I wanted to see Sasha get more playing time. I really want to see what hes about. we really didn't get to see much of him
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby crucifido on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:16 pm

Once I found out Mihm was coming I was highly in favor of the trade. He's a sleeper player and always has been.

He's a blocking demon (in college mostly) in the defensive middle and has a nice little jump hook that can pull some centers out of rebounding position. He's a guy that's been in search of a home and I think he may have found one here.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby crucifido on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:18 pm

Like I said before I won't make or break a guy based on one game (especially pre-season) however, he had the same foolish play in the summer league as he did tonight.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:19 pm

We need to improve our crashing of the boards though... I don't know the stats, but we DEFINITELY got out-rebounded tonight by a big margin. At least if seemed like that.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby DJM19 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:21 pm

well, we also dont have divac, grant, and caron out there, and they will get rebounds
DJM19

Postby crucifido on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:21 pm

Grant, Malone and Vlade should shore up the boards a bit for the Lakers. Mihm can rebound too, just seems to have the early season timing problems right now. That will come quickly with him though.

But rebounding will be an Achilles heel this year. That can be overcome with determination though (ie- Barkley was only 6'6").

But yer right, ball handling and rebounding are two very raw spots right now.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:22 pm

crucifido wrote:Grant, Malone and Vlade should shore up the boards a bit for the Lakers.

But rebounding will be an Achilles heel this year. That can be overcome with determination though (ie- Barkley was only 6'6").

But yer right, ball handling and rebounding are two very raw spots right now.
We agree again, crucifido-- what a surprise :man12: :man10:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby crucifido on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:23 pm

Seems to happen a lot during the year. :man11:
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Crono0801 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:24 pm

damn we really need someone to penetrate.

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:25 pm

Crono0801 wrote:damn we really need someone to penetrate.
Exactly. I think Kobe was so hot from the perimeter that we didn't really get inside tonight.

I have a feeling we'll penetrate better next game.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:25 pm

yea...brown hasnt quite honed the skill of dishing it off the drive...he tried to go up against the 7 footers in the paint too often
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby kobe6962 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:29 pm

It's only preseason but I seen the highlights for some reason we didnt get here in Chicago on NBATV. But good ol JSM gave me the link to listen to the game. But for the most part I am impressed with Mihm and as Crucifido said he was mihmpressive LOL!!! But the only problem was the rebounding but I think with the injuries that was expected. Also Odom didnt do so well offensively but done well defensively from what I heard.. But I think once this team jell they will be okay. Watch out for Mihm he will be a sleeper... This team will be okay remember last years Lakers team went 3-5 in the preseason.. So dont put too much stock into the preseason at all... They just need to cut down on the turnovers and for godsakes guard that three point line we seem to have trouble with that!!
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:32 pm

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:

yea...brown hasnt quite honed the skill of dishing it off the drive...he tried to go up against the 7 footers in the paint too often
I thought Brown played awesome for his minutes:

7 points, 5 assists in 19 minutes

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby dynasty4kobe on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:34 pm

First Pre-season Gmae Impressions:

Chris Mihm looked great on defensive. I heard he has a nice hook shot, but as long as he can block those shots to set up the break, it's all good. The only thing I didn't like was that he was stiff on the boards and not good at the passing game.

Kobe is good at basketball.

Tierre Brown is so far the leading canidate to make the team (1 game I know). 7 points and 5 assists is great. He even used Kobe's pump fake move.

PROS: Looked good defensively at the start, which opened up our offense. Odom has great court vision with back to the basket, just wasn't his night when it came to shots.

CONS: Rebounding was terrible, but Grant would really help us out there.
dynasty4kobe

Postby ejax06 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:39 pm

did any record the game on a vcr? if so, please let me know how i can get a copy of the tape.

thanks
ejax06

Postby Crono0801 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:41 pm

I was actually disappointed in Odom. but yeah its pre-season and his first game here. I was disappointed in Kobe too, he did great scoring but thats it. He didn't get anyone else involved for nada.

it looked like our new people struggled to score alot too.

man I wish Sasha wouldv'e played more :man5: :man10:

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby S.R.05 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:44 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:

he did play very well, im just saying he needs to hone the skill of dishing off the drive...everything else was great from him...he left daniels in the dust on a couple crossovers :jam2:
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby BDG on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:48 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:

he did play very well, im just saying he needs to hone the skill of dishing off the drive...everything else was great from him...he left daniels in the dust on a couple crossovers :jam2:
Agreed then :man1:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby crucifido on Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:06 pm

Brown's been in the NBA so I expect a certain amount of skills from him. But honestly, he played mediocre. The Lakers are mighty thin at the point and any effective play there looks good for the m,oment. Hopefully that position can strengthen either through the guys we currently have getting comfortable or by dealing one of the many small forwards the Lakers hav e for a true point.

We'll see, it was only one game and all in all things went well.
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Furious D on Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:15 pm

Brown certainly has taken the lead for the backup PG role. I gotta give it up to him. He's got the handles and the shot. As for the rebounding I wouldnt be too worried. A lot of our main guys sat out the game tonight. I believe that once this team gets settled in with each other they will be a rebounding machine.

Defense was terrible tonight. Guys were out of place leaving their man open for the jumpshot. No help at all. You can bet theyre going to be working hard on their defensive rotations. That is what I would concentrate more on if I were Rudy.

Oh man the injuries! And so early in the season! Why the hell was Rush playing tonight if his foot was still aching. If the rest of the role players sat out then shouldve he sat out as well. I hate to say it but maybe starting workouts early have hurt the Lakers more than it has helped them.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Phat$haq on Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:27 pm

Crono0801 wrote:I was disappointed in Kobe too, he did great scoring but thats it. He didn't get anyone else involved for nada.

Well Kobe had 3 assists so I would say nada is an exaggeration. But i think he does need to get others involved. I am sure that will come when he gets used to all the new players and their tendencies.
Phat$haq

Postby Kobe The Best on Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:32 pm

Kobe did get players to get involved they just couldn't hit Shots..
Kobe The Best

Postby klavier84 on Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:45 pm

since this is clublakers and by this time everyone has said everything that needed to be said, I'm going to say something that's on my mind...

was it just me or was it FRIGGIN weird watching our Lakers out there without shaq? Kobe looked sooo lonely out there... something wasn't right.

Odom isn't the offensive threat that everyone thinks he is. I doubt he'll be able to produce 20 a game in game out... I hope we find someone that CAN support Kobe. Hmph.
klavier84

Postby Realm of Shadows on Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:46 pm

klavier84 wrote:since this is clublakers and by this time everyone has said everything that needed to be said, I'm going to say something that's on my mind...

was it just me or was it FRIGGIN weird watching our Lakers out there without shaq? Kobe looked sooo lonely out there... something wasn't right.

Odom isn't the offensive threat that everyone thinks he is. I doubt he'll be able to produce 20 a game in game out... I hope we find someone that CAN support Kobe. Hmph.

:bow: But Kobe looked better than I expected without MDE.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby remixed on Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:48 pm

klavier84 wrote:since this is clublakers and by this time everyone has said everything that needed to be said, I'm going to say something that's on my mind...

well we're judging him on one game, im sure things'll turn around for odom. we definitely know he is capable of being an offensive threat on the floor.
remixed

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday