Tue. 1/25 vs. Sonics - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:54 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:Why does the freakin coach give up so early? Didn´t he see McGrady or wtf... Every time we are back by double digits the freakin TomDUMBovic gives up 4-5 minutes before the end of the game. :man4: :man2:
he didn give up he just felt get the players out b4 they get injured n we never really came back

Have you forgotten when he gave up after 3 quarters against the spurs? I mean I didn´t felt like we can come back but its a mentality question. Rudy wanted to rest his players for the next game because of a back to back but giving up after 3 isn´t the right mentality. I can give up you too but the mentor shouldn´t.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby BDG on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:54 pm

Luke Walton was the only player that played well tonight. The only player that showed heart in the 2nd half as well.

19 pts in 18 mins?!

The rest played like garbage. No defense at all.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:56 pm

ragecorps wrote:good job luke, 19 pts in 19 mins :man11:
:jam2: He has deserved it and I hope his value rise and we hopefully trade him.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:58 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Luke Walton was the only player that played well tonight. The only player that showed heart in the 2nd half as well.

19 pts in 18 mins?!

The rest played like garbage. No defense at all.

Odom was 19/13/8 and thats GREAT. He didn´t defend Radmanovic but he has a good overall game. He disappeared in the 3rd but anybody else disappeared too.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:58 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:
PurpleNGold1 wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:Why does the freakin coach give up so early? Didn´t he see McGrady or wtf... Every time we are back by double digits the freakin TomDUMBovic gives up 4-5 minutes before the end of the game. :man4: :man2:
he didn give up he just felt get the players out b4 they get injured n we never really came back

Have you forgotten when he gave up after 3 quarters against the spurs? I mean I didn´t felt like we can come back but its a mentality question. Rudy wanted to rest his players for the next game because of a back to back but giving up after 3 isn´t the right mentality. I can give up you too but the mentor shouldn´t.
well that game was a kill since da 1st qtr i give a damm i woulda gave up 2
PurpleNGold1

Postby KB24 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:03 am

The only thing that bothers me is to be outhustled at Staples Center. How can the 2nd worst rebounding team get 20 offensive rebounds. On the other side ONLY perimeter shots against maybe the weakest interior defense. Nobody cutting and taking the freakin ball to the hole. We played UGlY on both ends of the floor. Butler played like a scrub. He should be benched to feel the competition. Its not going to be like that when he plays like garbage. JJ and Walton should get more minutes to show Butler what the case is.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby UCLAbadfish on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:13 am

UNACCEPTABLE. Aside from the first quarter this was the most difficult game of the season for me to watch. Guys had 3 days off and don't show any hustle whatsoever. Heres a thought: REBOUND THE DAMN BALL. TRY BOXING OUT. Oh yeah and another thing... when a guy is shooting 3s like Vlad was tonight, maybe it would be a good idea to not leave him open so many times. If guys aren't trying hard enough, sit their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] on the bench. This team needs to seriously examine their mental toughness.
UCLAbadfish

Postby dynasty4kobe on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:29 am

We are back to our first initial problemL Rebounding.

And to think that we have some many players capable of grabbing 10 boards on a given night: Lamar, Mihm, Grant, Caron, Jumaine . . . Why can't we throw that line-up out onto the floor (substituting in Atkins for Jumaine/Caron).

"Then when we do get back on top, [bandwagoners] are going to want to jump back on and we're going to tell them there's no more room."
-Kobe Bryant, March 28, 2005, 32-37

"I Survived 2005" Club
dynasty4kobe, DarthRekal, In The Key
dynasty4kobe

Postby LukeWalton on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:32 am

Can I hear a PT for LUke???????????? :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

I knew Luke had it in him. After this game im confident hes getting more PT.He played amazing in every asset of the game
LukeWalton

Postby Propulsion on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:34 am

LukeWalton wrote:Can I hear a PT for LUke???????????? :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

I knew Luke had it in him. After this game im confident hes getting more PT.He played amazing in every asset of the game

I remember when you used to have that Luke Walton avatar. Everybody thought that you were him lol.
Propulsion

Postby magicmoment on Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:52 am

at the beginning of the game, i thought it was going to work out just fine and that it wudn't be THAT hard of a game to play. but after the end of the 2nd quarter, i kind of knew that it wasnt going our way.. and well, if u check the scoreboard..haha. u know....

but for me, the Player of the Game has to be:
LUKE WALTON! haha.. just in my world. Luke did AWESOME!!!!!
*c'mon rudy, play the guy!* hehe..
:bow: to LUKE for a good game!
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:44 am

KB8 till infinity wrote:The only thing that bothers me is to be outhustled at Staples Center. How can the 2nd worst rebounding team get 20 offensive rebounds. On the other side ONLY perimeter shots against maybe the weakest interior defense. Nobody cutting and taking the freakin ball to the hole. We played UGlY on both ends of the floor. Butler played like a scrub. He should be benched to feel the competition. Its not going to be like that when he plays like garbage. JJ and Walton should get more minutes to show Butler what the case is.

I just watched the first half..Mihm was benched so I know what will happen. I know he's no Hakeem but I think he's got the advantage over the Sonics centers or Radmanovic inside... but in typical Tomjanovich fashion, Rudy matched up to the dictates of Mcmillan.. BOBO!

Rudy just can't coach period.
KareemTheGreat33

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:20 am

I think main reason of this loose is poor rebounding! They had 20 offensive rebs + they took 93 :man4: shots!!!
Why we can't break 2 game winning streak to 3 games!? :man5:
OK, let's see how Lakers will play vs. Clippers.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby lakb8 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:24 am

:disagree:

Future star from Canada.
lakb8

Postby lakb8 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:24 am

lakb8 wrote::disagree:
(at loss)

Future star from Canada.
lakb8

Postby KB24 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:27 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:The only thing that bothers me is to be outhustled at Staples Center. How can the 2nd worst rebounding team get 20 offensive rebounds. On the other side ONLY perimeter shots against maybe the weakest interior defense. Nobody cutting and taking the freakin ball to the hole. We played UGlY on both ends of the floor. Butler played like a scrub. He should be benched to feel the competition. Its not going to be like that when he plays like garbage. JJ and Walton should get more minutes to show Butler what the case is.

I just watched the first half..Mihm was benched so I know what will happen. I know he's no Hakeem but I think he's got the advantage over the Sonics centers or Radmanovic inside... but in typical Tomjanovich fashion, Rudy matched up to the dictates of Mcmillan.. BOBO!

Rudy just can't coach period.

The problem is Rudy prefers small ball and at the time any team plays without a C Rudy takes Cook out. He has to play HIS game and play Mihm instead of going with Cook. I still wait to see Odom Mihm and Grant on the floor for even a second. Damn this man (rudy) is out of reach or I would have destroyed his freakin face.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby strikemode14 on Wed Jan 26, 2005 9:54 am

I didn't get to see the game but, I wasn't too surprised we lost this game. By the score it looked like we didn't fair too much differently then we did when Kobe was in the lineup.
Strikemode14 is the greatest.

http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

]
strikemode14
Forum Manager

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday