Tue. 11/29 @ Spurs - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby UKUGA on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:13 pm

gin wrote:this is hilarious. Look at yall. This is Odom's first really good aggresive game and a bad game for Kobe.

What about the rest of the season where Odom has given Kobe little to no help??

This 1 game erases all of that. :man3:

You're missing the point, Gin.

It's not just about Odom, it's about recognizing anyone that has a hot hand, especially when you are ice cold, or getting hacked all the time and not getting any calls.

Odom was playing well, and you've gotta feed that.
Michael Finley was guarding Odom.
Bruce Bowen was guarding Kobe.
Who had the advantage?
Kobe missed shots on what? The last 6 possessions.
Odom only got the ball on offensive rebounds on the last 3 possessions, and scored twice.

And, don't act like this is the first time this has happened.

When nothing else is going right, Kobe has to be the guy to step up. He's the start, he makes $20 million, he's entitled.

But, when there are clearly other options, AND you're ice cold, then you've gotta recognize the other options.

Read "Sacred Hoops" by Phil Jackson.

Kobe should memorize it.
UKUGA

Postby mulisha on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:13 pm

kwamejoke wrote:odom showed he is superstar tonight. Please keep it.

I'd save that comment until he can play like this regularly.
mulisha

Postby purplengoldjonez on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:14 pm

for the night he did, but we need to see that kind of performance out of him 3 out of 4 games instead 1 out of 4 games.
What is 17,505
purplengoldjonez

Postby UKUGA on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:15 pm

purplengoldjonez wrote:

for the night he did, but we need to see that kind of performance out of him 3 out of 4 games instead 1 out of 4 games.

7/8
UKUGA

great effort

Postby Showtime is Magic on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:18 pm

Great effort by the Lakers tonight, very happy with Sasha, Bynum and Odom. Kobe just couldn't get going with the bad call

THAT STRIP BY SASHA WAS ALL BALL :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:
Last edited by Showtime is Magic on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

great effort

Postby Showtime is Magic on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:18 pm

double post
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby Altitude on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:20 pm

Total_Package, you always say Kobe wants to keep trying to get on Sportscenter.... but he gets on there either way...

If he does good, they show good highlights

If he does bad, they start hatin on him

I'm still suprised Lakers only by 6pts tho :freak2:
Altitude

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:20 pm

odoms game is good 5 feet from the basket and that is where he should play. That is why i dont understand why he shoots jumpers....

Amazing how bowen rode kobe all night.

Good news at least kobe attacked a lot, bad news he should have gotten 10 more calls, no love from refs.

I dont understand why when kobe is gaurded by a good player why he doesn't try to get 2 quick fouls on them and plague that player with foul trouble the whole night.... thats what i would do if i were kobe...
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby Startrex on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:23 pm

I really think that Kobe DID NOT recognize the hot shootings from Sasha and Odom in the final minutes. His job should have been penetrating and kicking the balls out. :disagree:

Alright Kobe. Let this game be a good lesson. Nobody we'd give a strong fight anyway. At least Lakers now know that whenever Odom is aggressive, he'd make excellent contribution.

NOW ANY MORE ODOM TRADE TALKS? SHHHHHH!
JUST WAIT UNTIL BOTH ARE CONSISTENT!
Purple and 24K Gold
Startrex

Postby SOAD on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:25 pm

So now that Vlade isn't a player has the floppy torch been passed down to Manu?
SIXTEEN
SOAD
Club-Dodgers.com Admin

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:28 pm

Startrex wrote:I really think that Kobe DID NOT recognize the hot shootings from Sasha and Odom in the final minutes. His job should have been penetrating and kicking the balls out. :disagree:

Alright Kobe. Let this game be a good lesson. Nobody we'd give a strong fight anyway. At least Lakers now know that whenever Odom is aggressive, he'd make excellent contribution.

NOW ANY MORE ODOM TRADE TALKS? SHHHHHH!
JUST WAIT UNTIL BOTH ARE CONSISTENT!

I agree, LA needs to learn the lessons from this game and move forwards towards Utah. Not many thought we would have a chance to even be in this game, so their confidence should be up. Lamar needs to play like this ALL the time realising that he can get his share of attempts even with Kobe putting up 30+.
Daloyalfan18

Postby hZm on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:28 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
4) Officiating. Terrible. Just terrible tonight. When you get nailed every time you drive in, it messes with your mindstate and gameplan. The game just wasn't called fairly tonight.

Another great Spur-Atic Screwjob.

Anyone remember this...?
http://rapidshare.de/files/1110877/Spur ... _.mp4.html
hZm

Postby slimjim on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:30 pm

kobe is the reason we lost this game.. (anyone who argues otherwise is a blind kobe fan)

kobe has such a bad mentality... prove everyone wrong....

i bet before the game he thinks to himself.... i have to prove to the world that b bowen is a bad defender... and when it comes game time... he just keeps shooting all these rediculous shots no matter what % he is shooting them at

why can't kobe realize after 1 or 2 quarters that hey.... odom is having a good offensive game... while I am getting shut down by bowen...I should just suck it up and stop shooting unless i get a nice open look...

i'm not a kobe hater but god damn it... its kinda pissing

he says he started to trust his team mates (which I think is bs)... i think he is simply selfish.
any non selfish player would have passed, but nope.. kobe jacks up 30+ shots.
feel free to quote me if you think i am wrong.
slimjim

Postby halekulani on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:34 pm

in my books this game goes down as a W for the lakers. bad bad officiating on kobe all game + the crucial foul they called on sascha which was BS.

nice to see lamar step up, but i'm not too pleased with the low assists. i'm incredibly pleased with bynum's effort. he's completely disproving everything i thought about him at the spl
halekulani

Postby okay on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:36 pm

Lamar doesn't need 25 points every night but with Kobe's abysmal performance, it had to happen.

Hopefully he has figured it out.
okay

Postby LukeWalton on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:36 pm

-Odom was being aggresive and I LOVED IT..I bet he has been reading CL. I loved how he played today. Attacking the basket. If he plays like this we could beat alot of teams. However I still dont think he should be shooting Anything past Mid-Range.

-BYnum.. :bow: This kid is special. That blk on Parker was nasty. The dunk attempt on DUncan got me on my feet. He's asking for the ball in the pt. and looking pretty damn good. He still needs to learn how to get better positioning hes way too high.

-Sasha..Giving him props. That 4pt play was sick. His confidence is growing. he was the hot hand in our comeback.

IN the final minutes Kobe once again started jacking up desperation shots. Not giving up the ball to hot hands (Sasha/Odom). Kinda pissed me off.
LukeWalton

Postby slimjim on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:42 pm

odom should not be facilitator... he does not have a consistant outside jumper( which is important for the facilitator)

he is our best rebounder but he is always on the perimetre because he is setting other ppl up.(we need odom in the paint all the time.... he is our only legitimate size)

he played great this game because he was not looking to set other ppl up. he was looking to attack, rebound, attack, rebound.

its' time to give the facilitator role to someone else.
slimjim

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:44 pm

Kobe didnt' lose the game for us. what are you guys saying, why do you have to blame every loss on someone.

He had 4 steals, no other player had more than 1 on either team.

so what if he was 9/33 bowen was riding ( fouling and getting away ) with it the whole game. Bowen has a dirty move were he puts his elbow on his hips and sticks just his palm out as ppl drive by and he impedes he did that every time.

Kobe recognized that bowens fouls on jumper werent' being called so he took in in were he still go no calls. of the 22 shots kobe missed 12 of those were fouls. thats all i have to say.

If you didnt' see this game and live overseas dont comment becuase you didnt' see bowen foul kobe on every jumper, drive.
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

Postby halekulani on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:48 pm

slimjim wrote:odom should not be facilitator... he does not have a consistant outside jumper( which is important for the facilitator)

he is our best rebounder but he is always on the perimetre because he is setting other ppl up.(we need odom in the paint all the time.... he is our only legitimate size)

he played great this game because he was not looking to set other ppl up. he was looking to attack, rebound, attack, rebound.

its' time to give the facilitator role to someone else.

word.
halekulani

Postby halekulani on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:50 pm

slimjim wrote:kobe is the reason we lost this game.. (anyone who argues otherwise is a blind kobe fan)

kobe has such a bad mentality... prove everyone wrong....

no, it's a scorer's mentality. just because AI/kobe/tmac/or redd miss shots consecutively shouldn't alter their thoughts or give them doubts about taking another one.

did you even see the game? kobe got hacked all night in the paint. send him to the line a few times and that game is ours.
halekulani

Postby Nintendo#1 on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:51 pm

man i was so mad at the refs this game! the didn't give kobe any calls this game we might have won! :disagree: :disagree: :soapbox: :man2:
Nintendo#1

Postby halekulani on Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:57 pm

btw what was up with all the mismatches on ginobili?

odom then sascha? you're giving this dude free layups
halekulani

Postby OCHO on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:03 pm

okay wrote:Lamar doesn't need 25 points every night but with Kobe's abysmal performance, it had to happen.

Hopefully he has figured it out.

hopefully kobe figures it out too
OCHO

Postby Cody on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:47 pm

I couldn't watch this game. Looks like my man Sasha had a good game. Someone mentioned a 4-point play... did he get fouled shooting from the trey or something?

Lamar seemed to have a great game. That inconsistent sonofableep.:man12:

Kobe is retarded. 30+ shots AGAIN and makes only 9. He played bad last year, if he plays bad this year then everyone will know that he is nothing without Shaq.

Someone, okay or someone, gimme a good recap please? :man13: How did Kobe do defensively? Was Bowen getting away with fouls? Did Kobe try to get his teammates involved? Sasha making smart decisions?
Cody

Postby MarkMadsen on Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:54 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:despite our recent game, I think well show up more in this game. Its Phil vs Pop again. I dont think we'll win, but we'll play hard till the end. Itll be a close game. :man1:

booya, i called it. :jam2:
MarkMadsen

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday