7:30 pm
TV: TV: KCAL, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20031223/LALGSW/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20031223/LALGSW/boxscore.html

Lakers - 98
Warriors - 107

Lakers Grounded by Warriors
Kobe Bryant had 23 points and Shaquille O'Neal scored 21, but the Lakers fell behind early and lost 107-98 to the Warriors on Tuesday. Gary Payton handed out a season-high 13 assists for Los Angeles, which plays the Rockets on Thursday.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Shaq Fan on Sun Dec 21, 2003 1:00 pm

I say:

Lakers: 103

Warriors: 87

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Shobe on Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:27 pm

Wow, you getting way ahead of yourself. But anyway, unfortunately I think the Lakers will lose this one. They always have trouble winning in GS.

Lakers 90
GS 99.
Shobe

Postby BDG on Sun Dec 21, 2003 6:18 pm

Lakers 110
Warriors 104

Close one but we'll prevail.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:31 pm

Lakers 113
Warriors 94

For some reason I feel the words BLOWOUT dangling in my mind
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby murcielago62 on Sun Dec 21, 2003 9:45 pm

Lakers get a big lead...and keep it :jam2:. Lakers win 110-98. I wanna see more of Walton.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby @ on Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:53 am

THEY WILL WEAR THE RETRO UNIFORMS.... :wow: :yikes:

WE MUST WIN !!!

LAKERS 108
GS 99
@

Postby vonzipper86 on Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:23 am

i'm predicting...

Lakers 104

Warriors 98
-This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwlhcnoljnM
Showtime in Action
vonzipper86

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:23 am

Ok sorry guys but i feel tha lakers will not win this game...we ALWAYS lose in golden state for some reason, and speedy claxton is goin to kill us i have a feeling...and jason richardson will have a big game...and dampier is gonna somehow outplay shaq....

109-105 warriors win

(reverse psychology)
FabFourLakers

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:36 pm

Lakers 105, Warriors 95. If the Mavs can win in L.A., we can win in Oakland or wherever the heck G.S.'s home arena is.
lakerzrule

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:46 pm

anyone besides me find it a bit odd that we play the Warriors right after we play the Suns, and the last time we played the Warriors it was the game after we played the Suns. Sorry, I just discover that when I while I was working on the player matchups for this game
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:42 pm

These games without Malone are going to be difficult for us, because he gives us a lot of our momentum and is a big inside presence for us, but if our bench steps up like it did against the Suns, then we will be able to win these few games without him.

Also, what exactly were the Warriors thinking when they released Parks, now they only have 3 big men (Robinson, Murphy, and Dampier), that means that Murphy will have to play A LOT & some at center. This problem is because Popeye, Foyle, & Eschmeyer are all injured. Can they make it any easier for Shaq if they tried.

Ok, now for the player matchups...I am going with a little variation in format, I have pics of the player instead of the name (tell me which yall like better)

Image vs. Image: Nick has had some good games against us in the past, hopefully Payton can do something about this though with his solid D. Both guys are flashy, running point guards who can pass and score. It should be fun watching the former Laker pg against the current. I expect Payton to limit Nick''s shots and force him to not be able to play his style of ball. Payton on the other hand, shouldn't have much problems penetrating to the basket because the Warriors won't have much in there, he will get some open looks at the basket, and plenty of assists (some being alley-oops) to the big fella.

Image vs. Image: J-Rich is a fast guard that likes to get out on the break, hopefully we won't allow him to get any highlight worthy dunks against us. The good news is he relies a lot on his inside game, and isn't really a good shooter, so if Kobe sticks with him, he shouldn't be a threat to us. He doesn't force a lot of contact when he tries to go to the basket, so we shouldn't get into much foul trouble contesting his shots. He isn't a good defender, so Kobe should have a relatively easy night. Kobe can penetrate, pull up and shoot or whatever he wants without much opposition from Richardson. Kobe wins this matchup, hands down.

Image vs. Image: George played well for us against the Suns and that's when Marion was guarding him, he also did a good job of defending Marion, and didn't let him go off on us. So if he doesn't leave Dunleavy and let him knock down wide open treys, then we should be fine. Jr. relies a lot on his outside shooting, so George takes that away, and he's not a factor in this game. Dunleavy also isn't a great defender, so George should be able to get his typical amount of shots, and should be able to shake this Mike off and put up a decent amount of points for us.

Image vs. Image: This game is key for Slava, he has to prove he can come through again and provide a solid performance in Malone's absence. Last time he started, he had a good night on offense and defense, he needs this again. It would be nice if Slava could give us some points (12 or so), but I would much rather him play solid D and not score at all. Cliffy ain't going to get a career night against us or anything, but if not guarded he will have a solid game (25+). Slava can't just stay inside, because Robinson will shoot behind the arc, from mid-range, and up close...so Slava has to play him close. If Slava can give us some defense against him, then sure Cliff will still score, Slava ain't that good, but his production will be limited to the teens, and he will get tired and not as useful.

Image vs. Image: Last time Shaq let Dampier have way to good of a game against us, that will not happen this time. Shaq will punish them, if he doesn't then there has to be something wrong. This matchup isn't even a challenge. Shaq will score, back down, rebound, and get alley-oops at will...and if you are going to tell me Dampier is going to stop him, then you must be crazy. Shaq will shut him down this time, not allowing him to get anything resembling an open basket. If Dampier has more than 6 or 8 points then I will be very surprised. Matchup goes to Shaq, no question about it.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:00 pm

for those nightly matchups...where do you get those pictures? Those pictures look old...don't even look like they're from nba.com even....and I like picture format better, in all actuality
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Laker brain on Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:32 am

I think its going to be Shaq and Kobe to have big games, about 50 point between them. I look for shaq to have a strong breakout game that he is due to have

Lakers 113
Golden State101

And thats the bottom line!!!
Todays minimum is yesterdays maximum!
Laker brain

Postby vonzipper86 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:01 am

yeah and we get to see them in those sweet Throwback jerseys!!!
-This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwlhcnoljnM
Showtime in Action
vonzipper86

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:28 am

jsm u stated that j-rich is NOT a good shooter? u are definelty wrong about that, he can stroke it, and he always hits his shots against tha LAKERS, he TORCHES us each time we play them...and robinson will also torch us...

u also noted they only have 3 big men(cliff, murphy and dampier)...but they actually have 4...and BRIAN CARDINAL is definetly tha sleeper of this game...WATCH OUT for this guy, and now that we dont have malone, this guy might torch us off tha bench, hes like another mark madsen only he gets more points than u woudl think...im jus worried about speedy claxton...hes VERY dangerous on offense...he torches tha lakers all tha time jus like boykins did last year....do NOT underestimate this warriors team...if we needed malone in one of these 3 games he is gonna miss, it would DEFINETLY be tonight's game...well lets jus hope kobe and shaq come up big for us
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:39 am

FabFourLakers wrote:jsm u stated that j-rich is NOT a good shooter? u are definelty wrong about that, he can stroke it, and he always hits his shots against tha LAKERS, he TORCHES us each time we play them...and robinson will also torch us...

u also noted they only have 3 big men(cliff, murphy and dampier)...but they actually have 4...and BRIAN CARDINAL is definetly tha sleeper of this game...WATCH OUT for this guy, and now that we dont have malone, this guy might torch us off tha bench, hes like another mark madsen only he gets more points than u woudl think...im jus worried about speedy claxton...hes VERY dangerous on offense...he torches tha lakers all tha time jus like boykins did last year....do NOT underestimate this warriors team...if we needed malone in one of these 3 games he is gonna miss, it would DEFINETLY be tonight's game...well lets jus hope kobe and shaq come up big for us

Jason Richardson can actually shoot...think of a game similar to Quentin Richardson...funny that they're both Richardsons...problem is that Jason needs to improve his mid-range game, he's above average in three point shooting and of course we all know how we loves to attack the basket....great dunker too, although not the best of the lot at the defensive end.

Yes, and Fabfour, there's got to Brian Cardinal to watch out...10 points off the bench and shooting 52% FGs and 88% FTs that is just awesome for a guy I've always thought to be a scrub...but he plays with heart, although he can't do much other than shoot because he is so freaking slow....we need to outrun him and that looks easy.

Troy Murphy is back, just to let you know, and it wouldn't be surprising, jsm, to see Murphy start in place of Uncle Cliffy for tonight's game...he's been playing off the bench for 2-3 games now and I think that he's much better than Clifford, not to say younger....he rebounds way better, not even sure if Cliff can board, but when GS needs a veteran presence and someone who can make an impact shooting and defending, then they can go to Cliff off the bench. Don't expect big games from either of them though, even though the Malone-Robinson matchup has been fraternized due to Scott Williams' mean streak.

Nick Van Exel would like to bring it to his former teams, as I was just watching "Beyond the Glory" starring Exel, I saw his ferocity and he was really angry at being traded to a scrub team like Denver from the Lakers...now he can easily get his revenge and pour in 30 points and 10 assists.....and even worse yet, he's capable of getting those numbers. And we need to finish this game off...Exel will get a lot of screens to shoot so we need to beware of that and Payton needs to use his savvy to finish Exel off....ward the ball off him at crunch time, even yet, Lakers, don't even go to crunch time.

Mickael Pietrus will not play much but he's a cool player....I expect to see him make a defensive shield against Kobe if he plays...as a matter of fact he may play due to defense.

Don't let Erick Dampier fool you, Shaq---he's sort of underrated yet noticed this season and he may have another double-double, and he's a good shotblocker, so Shaq should get him in foul trouble early...they don't ahve Adonal Foyle back yet.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby magicmoment on Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:52 pm

who will start the game for malone?
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:06 pm

magicmoment wrote:who will start the game for malone?

Slava most likely. I don't see why he wouldn't start Slava...

Also, we're all forgetting that the Lakers are wearing their throwbacks tonight!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:09 pm

Lakers:

Warriors:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakerzrule on Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:28 pm

So both teams are wearing their throwbacks? I'd better not confuse the two then, Golden State's uniforms look almost like our gold ones! :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:40 pm

I can't wait to see what Brian Cook brings for us once he plays....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Throw-it-down on Tue Dec 23, 2003 6:06 pm

someone tell me wher i can listen to the game(link please)
Throw-it-down

Postby whats golden on Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:01 pm

Throw-it-down wrote:someone tell me wher i can listen to the game(link please)

Yeah me too, I don't get to see the games in Australia.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby wongy on Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:06 pm

:bang: Can someone please give us an update on the game- PLEASE!! We don't get their road games in Hawaii unless it's on TNT or ESPN...
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday