Tue. 10/18 vs. Wizards - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby KB24 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:32 am

What concerned me was 27 pts from GA...thats their startin PG...does anyone know if GA was guarded by Kobe or Smush? If he was guarded by Kobe then we're in trouble...if guarded by smush...then that is expected

Same here. Arenas didn´t play that much. And he was shooting the lights up. If Kobe guarded him than we are in real trouble.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:47 am

another concern is 40 minutes and 38 minutes from Kobe and Kwame, respectively...and we barely beat this team? I mean the only starter for us that didnt play THAT much was Mihm...does anyone know if the Wizards starters were playing against us in the 4th and OT?
FabFourLakers

Postby farhan810 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:49 am

FabFourLakers wrote:damn kwame 6/10 from the field and 7/9 from the line...19 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assists...not bad at all...

im liking smush parker's numbers more and more...11 pts, 3 rebs, 4 assists, 2 blocks!!!

Devean George....huge surprise...10 of 12, 22 points...who woulda thot? Maybe he coudl be our 6th man?

Kobe was Kobe, 28-4-5-3...respectable numbers

Odom with 12-8-6...would have liked to see him shoot a lil more than 5 shots tho
Mihm...i dunno 16 minutes and 5 fouls? Thats a bit scary but thank god its preseason

What concerned me was 27 pts from GA...thats their startin PG...does anyone know if GA was guarded by Kobe or Smush? If he was guarded by Kobe then we're in trouble...if guarded by smush...then that is expected...

Man, Odom must have been working out on his long-range shot or something. If only he could always shoot threes as well as he did today. :man1:

It seems like it was a very good game by the Lakers. Considering Mihm was a non-factor in this game, we can only imagine how the game would have gone if he had also played well.
WE BELIEVE.
farhan810

Postby Furious D on Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:11 am

FabFourLakers wrote:damn kwame 6/10 from the field and 7/9 from the line...19 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assists...not bad at all...

im liking smush parker's numbers more and more...11 pts, 3 rebs, 4 assists, 2 blocks!!!

Devean George....huge surprise...10 of 12, 22 points...who woulda thot? Maybe he coudl be our 6th man?

Kobe was Kobe, 28-4-5-3...respectable numbers

Odom with 12-8-6...would have liked to see him shoot a lil more than 5 shots tho

Mihm...i dunno 16 minutes and 5 fouls? Thats a bit scary but thank god its preseason

What concerned me was 27 pts from GA...thats their startin PG...does anyone know if GA was guarded by Kobe or Smush? If he was guarded by Kobe then we're in trouble...if guarded by smush...then that is expected...
I was at the game. Smush guarded Arenas most of the time.

Kwame was awesome! The guy is legit. Odom was in foul trouble most of the time so his game was limited. Devean was the surprise of the night! The guy was on fire. Phil put him in towards the end of the 4th and in OT. Kobe was just Kobe. Clutch as always with tight D on the other end. Caron and AD couldnt stop him. Overall the team played well. Some of the new guys like Kwame and Smush seemed lost in the triangle at times. Theres plenty of time to fix that. I really liked what i saw tonight.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby Frank The Tank on Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:25 am

Hey guys, since I was at the game I figured I would give a short rundown of what I saw for those who are interested.

First off this was an improvement over the Hawaii games for the Lakers and they have made some progress. The defense still needs lots of work but they did come up with some key stops at the end of the game that resulted in the late fourth quarter comeback that pushed the game to overtime. On the offensive side of the ball they looked a lil lost in the triangle, but they looked good when they were able to get out in transition. Sorry if thats too general but im trying to keep it short so I can get to bed.

individual player observations:

Mihm- Terrible game for Chris. Was in constant foul trouble just like last year. He looked weak definsively and on the boards and he was totally lost and unable to find the open man on offense.

Kwame- Unlike Mihm he showed lots of improvement. Still learning the triangle but he made up for it with some REALLY athletic plays including a nasty dunk that was probobly the offensive highlight of the game. Also at the end of the game he SKY'd to pull down a VERY important rebound ( i got the play on video with my digital camera). I was very impressed with him through the whole game, he picked up all the slack from Mihms crap performance.

George- I think someone stole D.G.'s jersey before the game because that didnt look like the dude I know. This guy played GREAT. He was making everything he tossed up. Played so good that JJ had a hard time getting off the bench. I wish you guys could have seen this, I dunno what to say about it im speechless, im still in shock. Good job Dev.

Kobe- Awsome as always. MUCH better D then last year. He looked fast, he created t.o.'s. Love watching him play off the ball, thats gonna help him a lot. I think this year is gonna be the best Kobe we have ever seen.

Parker- ok game. Seemed to have some trouble passing, (deflections and turn overs). Lots better then Chucky on D. He did play better then I expected but he needs to work on knocking down his open shots.

Mckie- practically invisible. I dont think he made any real impact in the game.

Lamar- solid game from lamar but nothing outstanding. He looked good at SF and didnt have any problems bringing the ball up court or with his handles. Made some nice passes but as always I think he needs to be more aggressive.

Sorry guys I would go into more detail but im tired. I also have pics that i'll try to post in the next day or so.
Frank The Tank

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:11 am

I am happy we won..But I dont like how JJ didnt play much. Also Odom had a good alround game but still besides Deven no one else on our bench did that well. Bynum still didnt play...and I hope that changes soon. Also I think Mckie should play more because were going to need him. Just my thoughts because again this is only preseason.

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby Triumph Jelani on Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:07 am

FabFourLakers wrote:damn kwame 6/10 from the field and 7/9 from the line...19 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assists

KG who
Triumph Jelani

Postby Startrex on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:08 am

mandingo wrote:
EQualizer wrote:how come parada doesnt show up on box score??

anyone know how he did?

Parada: 5 minutes 1-1 FG 2 Pts 1 Reb 1 Stl 2 Blks

:jam2: nice return for the miutes he played!
Purple and 24K Gold
Startrex

Postby RJ on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:21 am

It was... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :man13: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :mhihi: :mhihi:

Kobe looks smaller in-person, haha.

As for the game, man, what a way to lose my game-going virginity!! :jam2: :man10: It was very fun... I was about 6 rows up... Sat next to theese two 20-something year-olds. Kwame looked much better out there.

As for the game:

They were battling it out most of the first quarter until the ending minute or two when the Wizards satarted getting some uncontested lay-ups because Mihm had already picked up 3 fouls.

Second quarter, Gilbert started turning it on. Caron hit a few shots and Chucky hit one or two as well. Kobe played for like half of this quarter.

Third, Kobe starts to light it up. He overpowers Daniels, Arenas, etc. every time down. He is a lot faster this year, and man, it's crazy watching him in real life is all I can say! About halfway through, Phil takes all the starters out... We commence chanting "Kobe, Kobe, Kobe..." near the end of the 3rd and throughout most of the 4th.

4th quarter, about 6 minutes left, all the starters come back in. Kobe ignites a great comeback run, and Kwame comes through in the clutch. Kobe missed a shot with about 10 seconds and Kwame skies, and I mean SKIES (He jumped way too early and still managed to snag it! :jam2: ) for a crucial rebound. He gets fouled on the shot, and makes 'em both. Score, 99-99.

Final 0.7 seconds, some Wixard tries a fade-away over Kobe that just grazes the rim.... OVERTIME!!

Overtime, Kobe coninues to light it up, scoring about 4 points in the opening two sequences, and the Lakers go on a 6-0 run. The Wizards never recover, as the Laker players turn up the intensity on D (we were chanting Defense every time down the court... We = all the people in the arena!!). Smush did a decent job on the Wizards PG, and Kobe was heckling this punk who was trying to actually guard him... Kobe and the guy (harvey or something), both received techs. Kwame hits a FT and misses the other (I think). The Wizards catch the ball and immediately call a T-O. 1.7 Seconds left... 1.7 seconds, the Wizards taking out. They pass the ball in (to Chucky, I think), but Kobe intercwepts the pass and dribbles out the clock.

Phenomenal game to be watching live!! It got sooooooooooooooo loud!!! :jam2: :bow: :bow: Sorry, no pics... :mad1: :disagree: :bang: :man5: Camera was broken... But I got a hat and a foam finger, haha!! :jam2:
[PSN ID: RJN]

{CLK} One team. One Clan.
RJ, No Scope, Nissan, CrazyLikeCatfish, LD2K, Helljumper, TXLAKERFAN
PM me to join.
RJ

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:44 am

^ Yeah, that game was amazing... Damn, I didn't had any acesss to watch that game and it was very entertaining... :bang:
George had 22 pts in 24 minutes, WOW! Gump v.2 has born! :man1: :man13: :man9:
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Startrex on Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:14 am

$6m/year PG vs. Peanuts/year PG

A. Daniels, 33m, 3-6 fg, 1-1 3pt, 2-2 ft, 2 rb, 3ast, 1 to, 0 stl, 0 blk, 9 pts
Smush Parker, 33m, 4-10 fg, 0-4 3pt, 3-4 ft, 3 rb, 4ast, 2 to, 1 stl, 2 blk, 11 pts

"Peanuts" pg is not taht bad at all. :man9:
I know it's preseason. but... seems like Parker has a feel for triangle which confirmed the high praise from Rambis who said Smush understood triangle better outside Kobe! :man4:

I hope he'd turn out to be a pleasant surprise!
Based on the stats, he shot 4-6 (66.7%) from 2 pt range. Which was very impressive.
Purple and 24K Gold
Startrex

Postby Triumph Jelani on Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:17 am

Startrex wrote:$6m/year PG vs. Peanuts/year PG

A. Daniels, 33m, 3-6 fg, 1-1 3pt, 2-2 ft, 2 rb, 3ast, 1 to, 0 stl, 0 blk, 9 pts
Smush Parker, 33m, 4-10 fg, 0-4 3pt, 3-4 ft, 3 rb, 4ast, 2 to, 1 stl, 2 blk, 11 pts

"Peanuts" pg is not taht bad at all. :man9:
I know it's preseason. but... seems like Parker has a feel for triangle which confirmed the high praise from Rambis who said Smush understood triangle better outside Kobe! :man4:

I hope he'd turn out to be a pleasant surprise!

oh hell yeah, i'll take that.
Triumph Jelani

Postby 8kobe0mvp on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:03 am

Triumph Jelani wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:damn kwame 6/10 from the field and 7/9 from the line...19 pts, 7 rebs, 4 assists

KG who

kevin gill ?
8kobe0mvp

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:39 am

FabFourLakers wrote:Devean George....huge surprise...10 of 12, 22 points...who woulda thot? Maybe he coudl be our 6th man?

Keep in mind this is only the preseason and ONE game. Devean has done this numerous times, then the next couple games, falls flat. I wouldn't quite jump the gun just yet. I'd give him more games to prove his consistency first.
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby LoyalLakerfan44 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:03 am

FabFourLakers wrote:another concern is 40 minutes and 38 minutes from Kobe and Kwame, respectively...and we barely beat this team? I mean the only starter for us that didnt play THAT much was Mihm...does anyone know if the Wizards starters were playing against us in the 4th and OT?

Well like others and myself have been saying for a long time the team simply does not have enough fire power. We got some good numbers out of George last night, but is that going to happen every night? Of course not, George has not turned into Gervin over night he is still a role player. Overall that bench looks hideous and the sisters of mercy could whip them anytime.
They need to get Spree bad attitude or not. They are going to need a third scorer because guys like Mihm can't stay on the floor for more than two quarters per game. Kobe, Kwame, Odom have to play big minutes and have to stay out of foul trouble or the game is lost. There's just no room for mistakes on this team. Why does Mitch and Co put the team in such a tight situation. My God penny pinching when people are paying mucho $$$ for nose bleed seats. Come on we want a better product.
Pre-season or not the weakneses are glaring at us right in the face, and they have to be addressed quickly.
Phil will bring this team quite a few more wins because he's a great coach, but I think he needs a little bit better personel.
LoyalLakerfan44

Postby LakerInsider2006 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:28 am

For all of those that got on me for saying trade mihm only because it is a pre-season game, you need to wake up. You think he is automatically going to get better? The Pre-season is where you work on your game. I've seen 3 games with NO improvement from Mihm. NONE. Pre-season or not, he is just as terrible as last year with no sight of improvement. He told the papers he KNEW and UNDERSTOOD what he needed to do to stay out of foul trouble, yet he did the exact opposite in the gme. You crazy fans don't know what you're talking about half of the time.

And I don't know why anyone is celebrating last nights victory. We sucked. We should've lost by 15. Did you see how many free throws we gave up last night? 43! Thank god the Wizards only made 28. If it would've been any other team, we would've been blown out giving up that many free throws. There needs to be some changes in terms of how quick we rotate and when the help comes. And for God's sake, if you're going to foul...foul hard enough so that the guy doesn't get the bucket.

Kobe showed that when challenged, people can take his head out of the game. Kwame showed that when motivated he can be superb. Anyone else want to challenge me when I told you DG was one of the most athletic players on our team and way better than you guys were giving him credit for? Lamar showed exponential improvement. His distribution skils were simply amazing last night...and he's going to get even better. Once he learns when to score, he's going to be a nightmare. Smush, Parada, and Green all impressed me. Too bad Conroy got cut.

I think we need to improve the full court pressure this pre-season. Drill it into Mihm's head that he needs to just rebound, and work on the timing offensively and defensively. Also, Mckie showed great footwork and has a great stroke. My .02.
LakerInsider2006

Postby LoyalLakerfan44 on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:32 am

LakerInsider2006 wrote:For all of those that got on me for saying trade mihm only because it is a pre-season game, you need to wake up. You think he is automatically going to get better? The Pre-season is where you work on your game. I've seen 3 games with NO improvement from Mihm. NONE. Pre-season or not, he is just as terrible as last year with no sight of improvement. He told the papers he KNEW and UNDERSTOOD what he needed to do to stay out of foul trouble, yet he did the exact opposite in the gme. You crazy fans don't know what you're talking about half of the time.

And I don't know why anyone is celebrating last nights victory. We sucked. We should've lost by 15. Did you see how many free throws we gave up last night? 43! Thank god the Wizards only made 28. If it would've been any other team, we would've been blown out giving up that many free throws. There needs to be some changes in terms of how quick we rotate and when the help comes. And for God's sake, if you're going to foul...foul hard enough so that the guy doesn't get the bucket.

Kobe showed that when challenged, people can take his head out of the game. Kwame showed that when motivated he can be superb. Anyone else want to challenge me when I told you DG was one of the most athletic players on our team and way better than you guys were giving him credit for? Lamar showed exponential improvement. His distribution skils were simply amazing last night...and he's going to get even better. Once he learns when to score, he's going to be a nightmare. Smush, Parada, and Green all impressed me. Too bad Conroy got cut.

I think we need to improve the full court pressure this pre-season. Drill it into Mihm's head that he needs to just rebound, and work on the timing offensively and defensively. Also, Mckie showed great footwork and has a great stroke. My .02.

:bow:

Great post man, I've been saying the same thing. Besides why would the Lakers go after Curry if they thought Mihm was solid? They're fingers are crossed for Bynum.
LoyalLakerfan44

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:41 am

Does anyone know if any the Wizards starters played in the second half of the 4th and OT. I got to listen to OT on the radio and I did hear the names of none the Wizards starters. Can someone confirm?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Satan on Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:50 am

Dang Devan... I had Kwame as the top scorer for my good call and he screwed it all up... can't even count on him to suck consistantly.
Peter - "But then Jesus, what religion should our family be?"
Jesus - "Six of one, they're all complete crap."
Satan

Postby okay on Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:59 pm

Ring It Up wrote:Does anyone know if any the Wizards starters played in the second half of the 4th and OT. I got to listen to OT on the radio and I did hear the names of none the Wizards starters. Can someone confirm?

For OT, there were no Wizard starters.
okay

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:20 pm

okay wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:Does anyone know if any the Wizards starters played in the second half of the 4th and OT. I got to listen to OT on the radio and I did hear the names of none the Wizards starters. Can someone confirm?

damn are u serious? yea we shouldnt be happy about this win...this was an EASTERN CONFERENCE TEAM!
FabFourLakers

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:33 pm

okay wrote:

What about the 4th?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby okay on Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:53 pm

Ring It Up wrote:
okay wrote:

What about the 4th?

Can't remember, but I think he took Arenas and Jamison out at the end. Maybe not.
okay

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight