5:00 pm
TV: KCAL 6:00pm, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20040106/LALMIN/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20040106/LALMIN/boxscore.html

Lakers - 90
Timberwolves - 106

First Quarter Dooms Lakers
Kobe Bryant scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, but the Lakers trailed by 15 after one quarter and lost 106-90 in Minnesota on Tuesday. Kareem Rush and Brian Cook both scored 16 points off the bench for Los Angeles, which played without the injured Shaquille O'Neal for the second straight game.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm

Unless Kobe & Payton have a monster game, we're gonna lose this one.

Lakers 98
T'Wolves 112
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:07 pm

we will be able to contain Cassell & Spree, and Wally is injured...but KG will have a field day with us. I expect a loss unless Kobe matches whatever KG does point for point, or outplays him by scoring 50+ points

We will get to see our old friend Madsen
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby rydjorker121 on Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:25 pm

HELLO MAd Dog...here boy, catch a bone... :scream: :toilet3:

yes, this game is expected to be a loss unless we put up a real challenge to Kevin Garnett's gang of wolf pups...Payton needs to bring his A game and everyone needs to step up...

Lakers 89
Wolves 104

If we step up:

Lakers 109
Wolves 1-4
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:07 pm

the scary thing is...we let Brand get 30 points & 15 rebounds. Now just imagine what KG is going to do to us. I am predicting a career high for KG. He will get around 45 points and 20+ rebounds.

It's going to be a bad loss

Lakers 90
T-Wolves 107
JSM

Postby PiEdIe on Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:51 am

jsm0331 wrote:the scary thing is...we let Brand get 30 points & 15 rebounds. Now just imagine what KG is going to do to us. I am predicting a career high for KG. He will get around 45 points and 20+ rebounds.

It's going to be a bad loss

Lakers 90
T-Wolves 107

lol, he wont get 45 and 20... have at least a little trust.

we're playing at home against them? lakers havent lossed 3 in a row in a while.

if shaq plays we might win, if he doesnt and kobe doesnt get 40 and someone else 20 we will lose.

I aint even gonna make a bigger prediction because then I would have to s ay the lakers might lose
PiEdIe

Postby BDG on Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:47 pm

Kobe 35 pts, Garnett 30.

Lakers lose like I said. Let's be honest here. I'll be amazed and impressed if we pull off a win.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:14 pm

If Shaq plays, W, if not, a L. I wanna see those idiots who keep thinking we should trade Shaq, we didn't have him a whole game and lose to the Sonics. We lost to the Crappers!! Who by the way had the ref's handing them the game. :mad1: :mad1:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:41 pm

The Lakers have a tough schedule ahead and are missing two key players. Even so, they can beat Minnesota. However, Kobe will need more help, the team cannot rely on him alone to carry them. Gary must score more, and Slava, Derek, Bryon, and even the rookies will have to put in more as well. We can't worry about the refs, some calls will inevitably go in the home team's favor. Our defense must also be better. Perhaps our pattern of losing games we're supposed to win and winning games we're supposed to lose will hold. In that case, we'll be fine, but even if the Lakers lose, I'll be happy if they give it 100%. Of course, if they do that, we should come away with a W. :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby JSM on Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:45 pm

looks like we will be without Shaq for at least 2 more games
http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6214
JSM

Postby shaqpak34 on Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:42 pm

i hav a feelin kobe gona have a big game...he seems pisseed, i think he gon make sure we win....

i say he gets anotha 40 point night, but containin KG will be KEY
shaqpak34

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:41 pm

we will not win this game

there is no way in hell we will win...

and we will also lose to denver

lakers cannot win without shaq and malone

nuff said

unless PAYTON steps up...we can win...

but i relly believe we're gonna get KILLED
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:48 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:we will not win this game

there is no way in hell we will win...

and we will also lose to denver

lakers cannot win without shaq and malone

nuff said

unless PAYTON steps up...we can win...

but i relly believe we're gonna get KILLED

is that reverse psychology...?
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby lakerman34 on Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:57 am

i personally would appreciate seeing shaq play hurt for a change. he continually sits out 5 and 10 games with [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] injuries, just like kobe said in his rant before the season. if the mailman was playing i'd say let shaq sit, but we can't afford to fall 3-4 games behind the kings and spurs or we'll end up with an impossible playoff scenario like we had last season.

tonight i think we'll be ok as long as devean and payton show up at all to help kobe. you guys are right in saying that medvedenko will get killed by garnett, but so would pretty much anyone else. as long as slava scores we'll be fine.
lakerman34

Postby ShaqAttaq on Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:23 am

It's gonna be a hard night!!!
Shaquille O'Neal: "Me shooting 40 percent at the foul line is just God's way of
saying nobody's perfect."
ShaqAttaq

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:52 am

itz gona be a W for the lakesho :jam2:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby JSM on Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:00 pm

Injury Report:
Lakers- Shaq, Malone, and Fox
T-Wolves- Olowokandi, Szczerbiak, and Hudson

Both of the teams are without big parts of their team, our injured guys are a play a bigger part of our team though. I doubt we will won this game, unless everyone on the Lakers play the best basketball of their life. I do expect to see some good defense on our part, since Phil spent extra time on it in practice.

Payton/Cassell: Former teammates going head to head. I think Payton will win this matchup, because he will know what makes Cassell tick and how to stop him, since he played with him. Also Cassell is going to get tired, because he has to play almost this entire game, because they have no one to back him up, they can put Hoiberg or Hassell in for him for a little amount of time, but that wouldn't be too effective against Payton. So, Payton has to run so he can get Cassell tired fairly early on. Payton has to look to score more tonight, but not by forcing the shot, he need to take it to the hoop as often as possible and not shoot as many jumpers. He needs to play good defense too, because Cassell is their second leading scorer, and if he can be stopped, then we will have a lot better chance of winning this game. Look for Payton to get a lot of easy buckets when Cassell goes out.

Kobe/Spree:
their third option going against our first option. For us to win, Kobe has to have another big game, preferablly 40+ points. Kobe can not relax on the defensive end, because if Spree gets going, then it is hard to stop him. This should be a fun matchup to watch, both will be looking to score whenever they get the chance. We need an aggressive Kobe for the entire game, if Kobe can prevent Spree from scoring and getting to the basket a lot and Payton stops Cassell, then their only option is KG and he can't score all their points.

George/Hoiberg & Hassell: Hopefully we will have George for more than a few minutes tonight, so he can actually provide us with some kind of help (anything is better than 0-7 against the Clipps). George actually gets some easy defensive matchups for once, (Hoiberg & Hassell only average a total of 12 points combined). So, he should be able to be a big factor for us in this game. He is much bigger and stronger than both of these guys, which will allow him to get easy rebounds on them, back them down, shoot over them, and alter their shot due to his height and size advantage on D. We need a big game from George, something he should be able to give us tonight.

Slava/KG:
this is where we are going to get killed. Slava is no contest for KG, none of our big men are. Slava won't be able to give us any offense or defense against KG. KG will outrebound him, will block any shots Slava puts up, definitely out score him, and all around out play him. It won't be Slava's finest hour. Expect a huge game from KG, perhaps one of the best games of his career.

Grant/Johnson, Miller, & Madsen: this matchup is pretty equal and might even favor us. Johnson is just as old as Horace, Miller is slow and fat, and Madsen is just a whole lot of energy. None of the T-Wolves are scoring threats, so that makes it easier for us on defense, and none of them are very good defenders either. So if Grant could have a decent shooting night, then that would also be a big help for us.
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:37 pm

the game is underway and Payton is looking better

T-Wolves 8
Lakers 4
9:11 left in the 1st

Payton-all 4 of the Lakers points
JSM

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:51 pm

we're going to get owned, if we loose to the F* clips, then we have a problem.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:52 pm

what the hell....sam already has 15? :man7:

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:54 pm

Lakermagic wrote:we're going to get owned, if we loose to the F* clips, then we have a problem.

HAVE SOME FAITH

iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby Realm of Shadows on Tue Jan 06, 2004 5:58 pm

Oh yea, Shaq isn't playing, where are all the "trade Shaq" people? Look at where we are without him, Malone may be injured but we got the glove, but without MDE, its just not working. We can't pull this off, no Shaq, or no Kobe and Glove, its a L. Then against crazier things have happened.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby JSM on Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:08 pm

unless Kobe gets hot and quick, then this game is going to get out of hand, or the other guys who are playing terrible (almost everyone but Kobe, Payton, & Rush) could step it up and make shots

Lakers 32
T-Wolces 44

7 left in the 2nd
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:09 pm

is Payton not playing defense or something, Cassell has 19 points
JSM

Postby JSM on Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:12 pm

Lakers 34
T-Wolves 46