Tues. 1/1 - Lakers vs 76ers - Predictions & Comments

Re: Tues. 1/1 - Lakers vs 76ers - Predictions & Comments

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Ariza3 wrote:
trodgers wrote:Lakers minus Kobe:
23-55 FGs, 2-16 threes, 15-23 FTs

I'll take Kobe calling his number when they're playing like that.

that's misleading bc a lot of the offensive struggles were due to lack of ball movement. When Kobe is making a effort to NOT pass the ball and chuck bad shots up then it's gunna hurt the team.

Kobe wasn't the only one not moving it, but he moved it the least relative to total touches. And no excuses for 0 assists when Nash was in double figures.
JGC

Postby Lqv2015 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:04 pm

I want to punch the coach Dave Miller in the mouth right now. I can't stand the way he talks. :boxing1:
LAKERS-4-LIFE
Lqv2015

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:06 pm

trodgers wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

that's misleading bc a lot of the offensive struggles were due to lack of ball movement. When Kobe is making a effort to NOT pass the ball and chuck bad shots up then it's gunna hurt the team.

This is plain and simple: bulls***. And you know it. The team sucked offensively right form the get-go, and no one was complaining in the first half about Kobe's "lack of ball movement." That's because it's a fabrication. A post hoc quick explanation.

Oh no. That's bulls***! Kobe had like one play where he tried to make a play for someone else. Otherwise it was a shot attempt. Kobe wasn't the only one not moving it.... no one outside of Nash did much moving of the ball.
JGC

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm

Kobe could have passed more, but there's a good reason why Nash had more assists than Kobe did. Even if they'd passed the same number of times. Who was going to hit the shots on Kobe's passes?

Nash's assists:
Hill
Kobe
Kobe
Meeks
Kobe
MWP
Kobe
Kobe
Kobe
MWP

Notice any pattern?
twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:11 pm

JGC wrote:
trodgers wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

This is plain and simple: bulls***. And you know it. The team sucked offensively right form the get-go, and no one was complaining in the first half about Kobe's "lack of ball movement." That's because it's a fabrication. A post hoc quick explanation.

Oh no. That's bulls***! Kobe had like one play where he tried to make a play for someone else. Otherwise it was a shot attempt. Kobe wasn't the only one not moving it.... no one outside of Nash did much moving of the ball.

So the offensive struggles were due to a lack of ball movement (that was Kobe's fault)? Why weren't there complaints about it early on? Why was Kobe hitting shots? Why was Hill hitting shots? Why did Nash hit shots?

If Kobe's shots were so bad, why did he shoot so well?
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:12 pm

In brief, this is a great game to look beyond the high FGA, low (zero) Assist number from Kobe. That's not why we lost.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:18 pm

trodgers wrote:
JGC wrote:
trodgers wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

So the offensive struggles were due to a lack of ball movement (that was Kobe's fault)? Why weren't there complaints about it early on? Why was Kobe hitting shots? Why was Hill hitting shots? Why did Nash hit shots?

If Kobe's shots were so bad, why did he shoot so well?

Yes. Not all Kobe's fault but 0 assists from a guard is inexcusable.

I complained about it early. I always complain when there is no ball movement. Thats my #1 gripe all the time. Only Nash was dishing and setting up guys.

Kobe hit a lot of shots off passes from Nash and ISO. He never really made a real play for anyone at any time in the game.

Are you really saying your interpretation of the game is that we moved the ball really well as a team, executed well, just didnt knock down shots? We looked awful all game long IMO.
JGC

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:20 pm

trodgers wrote:In brief, this is a great game to look beyond the high FGA, low (zero) Assist number from Kobe. That's not why we lost.

Yeah we could have won in spite of it, sure.

Doesn't mean it didnt factor in though. No one should blame Kobe 100% for this one but he didnt really trust his teammates at all.
JGC

Postby trodgers on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:28 pm

JGC, I don't think we moved it well. Good evidence is the low TO and poor shooting %. I actually read this game as precisely one of those games where Kobe saw his teammates weren't hitting and made the appropriate adjustments.

On offense:
Nash's job is to get the ball to players to score. He did a good job.
Kobe's job is to score. He did a good job.
The other three starters were awful offensively.

It's almost always unfair to say "this is the one reason we lost," so I won't do that. But your bigs can't combine for that many touches and that few points.

Gasol: 21 Possessions
12 FGA
4 Draws foul
4 Assists
1 TO
Produces 19 points on 21 possessions

Howard: 13 Possessions
7 FGA
5 Draws Foul
0 Assists
1 TO
Produces 7 points on 13 possessions

Kobe: 36 possessions
29 FGA
4 Draws foul
0 Assists
3 TO
Produces 36 points on 36 possessions

None of those numbers are good, but you can see which was the best of the bunch.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby CarFlagChris on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:31 pm

trodgers wrote:Kobe could have passed more, but there's a good reason why Nash had more assists than Kobe did. Even if they'd passed the same number of times. Who was going to hit the shots on Kobe's passes?

Not D. Howard or P. Gasol.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
CarFlagChris

Postby CarFlagChris on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:33 pm

trodgers wrote:JGC, I don't think we moved it well. Good evidence is the low TO and poor shooting %. I actually read this game as precisely one of those games where Kobe saw his teammates weren't hitting and made the appropriate adjustments.

On offense:
Nash's job is to get the ball to players to score. He did a good job.
Kobe's job is to score. He did a good job.
The other three starters were awful offensively.

It's almost always unfair to say "this is the one reason we lost," so I won't do that. But your bigs can't combine for that many touches and that few points.

Gasol: 21 Possessions
12 FGA
4 Draws foul
4 Assists
1 TO
Produces 19 points on 21 possessions

Howard: 13 Possessions
7 FGA
5 Draws Foul
0 Assists
1 TO
Produces 7 points on 13 possessions

Kobe: 36 possessions
29 FGA
4 Draws foul
0 Assists
3 TO
Produces 36 points on 36 possessions

None of those numbers are good, but you can see which was the best of the bunch.

Incredible, excellent analysis.
This suggests the inability to stop Holiday and suffering a big run in the 3rd lost the game, not the offense.
WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!! WE WANT PHIL!!
CarFlagChris

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight