Tues. 11/20 - Lakers vs Nets - Predictions & Comments

Re: Tues. 11/20 - Lakers vs Nets - Predictions & Comments

Postby Aonex on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Didn't see that play when Kobe got fouled when we were a point up, was that a legit foul by Humphries when he was fading away?
In the real world, the day Steph awoke at 9 a.m. to begin his Ustream show, Kobe Bryant probably awoke at the same time, even if it was 6 a.m. in California, and lifted weights.
Aonex

Postby Unknowndevil on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Lakers back to top 8 in Western Conference
Unknowndevil

Postby revgen on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:06 pm

Tough win. Glad we glad we got it.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:08 pm

I dunno what to make of this game....we played pretty terrible, we missed a whole bunch of threes, and got lucky these guys didnt hit some wide open 3s...but we some how gutted one out...and played some nice D in the last few minutes of the game....I'll take it. The Nets are a quality opponent, probably a top 3 team in the east right now (that's not saying much really)...but still, beating a quality opponent withs ome pretty good players is a move in the right direction. The spurs game still hurts right now, as we'd be 7-4 right now if we won it, but ill take what we can get. We've won 5 of our last 6 games. Mike Who?

I am a little concerned about the minutes though....and we really neeed to find Meeks more opportunities.
FabFourLakers

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Great win! Missed a bunch of free-throws but we pulled through :jam2:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Finwë wrote:Awful game for us in some ways, but I'll gladly take the W.

I know the nets are feeling how we felt against the spurs a few games ago. We stole this from them.came together down the stretch though.
King of Clutch

Postby GabKoost on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:35 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:I dunno what to make of this game....we played pretty terrible, we missed a whole bunch of threes, and got lucky these guys didnt hit some wide open 3s...but we some how gutted one out...and played some nice D in the last few minutes of the game....

Well while we had no control over the game (constant lead changes) there also was some positive things.

You say we got lucky the Nets didn't hit some pen 3s? So what about us? We missed a bunch of them. Morris hit 2 when the whistle was already gone. MWP was UNDER average in this department.

Howard was wayyyyy under is average at the free throw line. Had he been 50% and we would have won this game by 10 points.

Resuming, even with the Nets having 2 players hitting almost every perimeter and long shot in Joe Johsnon and Brook Lopez , and with us sucking from range, we managed to win, Even being killed at the FT trow line because of Howard, we managed to win. Even with Kobe getting 3 fouls early on the game and having to play safe in D, we managed to keep them under 90 points. Even with Nash in the bench we pulled some plays from Morris and Duhon.

Oh! And i almost forgot that we had a new coach on the bench for the first time.

All this and we beat the Nets,

NOT BAD!
GabKoost

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:41 pm

I liked what I saw from the defense in the second half. We held them to 33 points in that second half. kobe was kobe, although not down the stretch. Came through with late free throws, but didn't look relaxed and forced it a bit in the 4th. We won't win a game with him playing like that against a contender. He looked very tired. Thats why the minutes have me worried for the stars. Especially kobe in the 4th. Something needs to be done. And its kobe's fault too. Refused to come out in the 1st with 2 fouls. Would've been fresh in the 4th if he did. Someone needs to grow some balls and make sure kobe gets rest early on...
King of Clutch

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday