Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:52 pm

kray28 wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:
alexthegreat wrote:Kobe :bow: . Time for the defectors to come back home


Posting up almost under the rim with Kevin "what is this defense you speak of?" Martin guarding you is not the same as jacking up contested threes over the likes of Lee and a help defender. If he wants to take as many shots as he's been taking, he needs to take BETTER shots which is exactly what he's doing right now.


6'9" Chase Buddinger was trying to guard Kobe actually.


Unless Budinger changed his jersey to #12 and put on some makeup, Martin was guarding Bryant on the sequence I was referring to right under the rim. Budinger ain't 6'9" either.
Last edited by bruddahmanmatt on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12220
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm

Kobe Bryant on Bynum's game: "There's plenty more to come."
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11638
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby Legendary on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
I said you dodged the questions I asked, but way to take what I said out of context because you're at a loss for words.

:man12:

Exactly how many games would the Lakers need to lose before you'd propose a change?

:man10: :man10: :man10:

If Bryant wants to continue to take shots, he needs to take smarter ones i.e. get deeper post position as opposed to jacking up ugly, contested threes. His decision making and shot selection have been downright nasty up until the 4th quarter of tonight's game.


Of course he needs to take smarter shots...but that doesn't counteract the fact that you jumped into a conversation on the side of someone who said this was Bynum's team, and then you decided to jump in with your "logic."

But, maybe I should just go ahead and coronate Drew's 6 games in the way you have? Or should I post some more laughie faces the way you did? Nevermind...It's not worth my time.
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby dj vitus on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm

nameant wrote:
abeer3 wrote:kinda pathetic that houston was fouling to try and ruin the tacos.


Not the first team to do it. When fans are chanting "WE WANT TACOS" it can piss off competitive players. I can't blame them.

How much are those tacos anyway??
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
User avatar
dj vitus

 
Posts: 9410
Joined: Sun May 02, 2004 6:59 pm
Location: Walnut, CA by way of Laaaas Vegas!

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby jamabile on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:53 pm

"If he can stay healthy, he's a monster," Kobe Bryant. We all know that as fans. Health isn't something he can control, but I do believe if he stays healthy this year, this team can exceed expectations.
jamabile

 

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Legendary wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:
I said you dodged the questions I asked, but way to take what I said out of context because you're at a loss for words.

:man12:

Exactly how many games would the Lakers need to lose before you'd propose a change?

:man10: :man10: :man10:

If Bryant wants to continue to take shots, he needs to take smarter ones i.e. get deeper post position as opposed to jacking up ugly, contested threes. His decision making and shot selection have been downright nasty up until the 4th quarter of tonight's game.


Of course he needs to take smarter shots...but that doesn't counteract the fact that you jumped into a conversation on the side of someone who said this was Bynum's team, and then you decided to jump in with your "logic."

But, maybe I should just go ahead and coronate Drew's 6 games in the way you have? Or should I post some more laughie faces the way you did? Nevermind...It's not worth my time.


FWIW, your blatant exaggeration and talks of coronation only serve to further kill whatever credibility you may have had. You can't get mad at us for not taking you seriously when you attempt to turn any sort of debate you're losing into a joke thread. To quote something you told me earlier, "I thought you were better than that?"

:man12:
Last edited by bruddahmanmatt on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12220
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby revgen on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:56 pm

kray28 wrote:Drew slumped shoulders, walking back, sucking wind......yeah this is his team.


:man3:
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21718
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:59 pm

Love Drew's attitude. Great performance, but it's over with and done and they need to do it again against the Warriors.

:jam2:

I also appreciate Bryant taking smarter shots down the stretch. Aside from the fact that he almost ruined tacos with some bad threes, posting up Martin, Lowry and Budinger was/is much smarter than trying to jack up deep threes with hands up his nose.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

 
Posts: 12220
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:02 pm

I like Kobe's comments about Andrew there's no bad blood between these two, maybe some big brother little brother frustration but that's expected. I love to see them get along, the better the chemistry, the better the team's winning chances. I think we can shock some people going into the later part of the season.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby Legendary on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:02 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:
Legendary wrote:
bruddahmanmatt wrote:
I said you dodged the questions I asked, but way to take what I said out of context because you're at a loss for words.

:man12:

Exactly how many games would the Lakers need to lose before you'd propose a change?

:man10: :man10: :man10:

If Bryant wants to continue to take shots, he needs to take smarter ones i.e. get deeper post position as opposed to jacking up ugly, contested threes. His decision making and shot selection have been downright nasty up until the 4th quarter of tonight's game.


Of course he needs to take smarter shots...but that doesn't counteract the fact that you jumped into a conversation on the side of someone who said this was Bynum's team, and then you decided to jump in with your "logic."

But, maybe I should just go ahead and coronate Drew's 6 games in the way you have? Or should I post some more laughie faces the way you did? Nevermind...It's not worth my time.


FWIW, your blatant exaggeration and talks of coronation only server to further kill whatever credibility you may have had. You can't get mad at us for not taking you seriously when you attempt to turn any sort of debate your losing into a joke thread. To quote something you told me earlier, "I thought you were better than that?"

:man12:


Yes, and the joke is on you, as I recited where you ignorantly came into this conversation...as premature as it was.

I like how you say "us"..as if you have a platoon of supporters behind your opinion. Your empty hyperbole is indeed comical...

And here's where I post emoticons laughing.... :man10: :man10: :man10:


I need to go to sleep..lol
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby kobe_mamba on Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 pm

really encouraging interviews by Kobe and Bynum at the end, i think they'll be fine :jam2:
ESPN/ABC Commentator, GSW Coach and NBA Legend Mark Jackson on Kobe Bryant
'No disrespect to Kyra Sedgwick, but damn he is The Closer'
'Mamma, there goes that man'
User avatar
kobe_mamba

 
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:07 am

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby laker911 on Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:16 am

bruddahmanmatt wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that he not only plays to win, but he plays to win AND garner individual accolades/statistics/recognition, and every now and again, the latter becomes a detriment to the former.

STFU already.
User avatar
laker911

 
Posts: 2213
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:31 pm
Location: many places

Re: Tues. 1/3 - Lakers vs Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby Dfishman on Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:22 am

Can someone PLEASE make a .gif of Bynum throwing the ball into Murphy's face?
User avatar
Dfishman

 
Posts: 473
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:43 pm

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.