Tues. 12/4 - Lakers @ Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Re: Tues. 12/4 - Lakers @ Rockets - Predictions & Comments

Postby mister anakin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Finwë wrote:
mister anakin wrote:This lost is on Kobe... :bang: :bang: :bang:

No it's not. But hey, you can't even realize it's "loss" and not "lost".

This loss is on D'Antoni. Even before hack-a-dwight he was costing us the game. He left one of the most horrible units out there for too much time in the 4th and let the Rockets cut into the lead, gain momentum & rythm. Then he put the starters back, and failed to sub Howard out when they started fouling. It was evident to all of us he was going to kill our chances and yet he stuck with that weak choker (who btw has no business being the prima donna that he is).
The hack-a-dwight hurt us BAD. It takes rythm away from our guys, kills our offense and takes away every bit of momentum we had.
Then Kobe forced a shot, that was pretty awful, but I liked the drive to the basket, and I thought he was fouled (no call). He hit a clutch 3 also, then missed another one.

To me it was clearly & mainly D'Antoni's fault. I ****ing hate Howard for missing FTs, but it's on D'Antoni for not taking him out. Kobe wasn't good, but he was NOT the main culprit. Stop being so myopic.

Why do you have to force plays ans ISO-everything when your teammates are having a strong game? That's right, you dont.

I'm also upset with MDA, it's pretty clear that his reluctance on keeping D12 during 4th q will continue keeping us to win. But Kobe, as our most experienced and inteligent player, should be able to choose better when to play as a facilitator and when to play Kobe-ball. That's what I'm saying.

About your first remark, it should be pretty obvious that English isn't my first language. So, take it easy, little genius, just take it easy...
Last edited by mister anakin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mister anakin

Postby odom1year on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:58 pm

Actuallu Hill is -11 on the court. Worst among lakers.
odom1year

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:09 pm

mister anakin wrote:
Finwë wrote:
mister anakin wrote:This lost is on Kobe... :bang: :bang: :bang:

No it's not. But hey, you can't even realize it's "loss" and not "lost".

This loss is on D'Antoni. Even before hack-a-dwight he was costing us the game. He left one of the most horrible units out there for too much time in the 4th and let the Rockets cut into the lead, gain momentum & rythm. Then he put the starters back, and failed to sub Howard out when they started fouling. It was evident to all of us he was going to kill our chances and yet he stuck with that weak choker (who btw has no business being the prima donna that he is).
The hack-a-dwight hurt us BAD. It takes rythm away from our guys, kills our offense and takes away every bit of momentum we had.
Then Kobe forced a shot, that was pretty awful, but I liked the drive to the basket, and I thought he was fouled (no call). He hit a clutch 3 also, then missed another one.

To me it was clearly & mainly D'Antoni's fault. I ****ing hate Howard for missing FTs, but it's on D'Antoni for not taking him out. Kobe wasn't good, but he was NOT the main culprit. Stop being so myopic.

Why do you have to force plays ans ISO-everything when your teammates are having a strong game? That's right, you dont.

I'm also upset with MDA, it's pretty clear that his reluctance on keeping D12 during 4th q will continue keeping us to win. But Kobe, as our most experienced and inteligent player, should be able to choose better when to play as a facilitator and when to play Kobe-ball. That's what I'm saying.

About your first remark, it should be pretty obvious that English isn't my first language. So, take it easy, little genius, just take it easy...

Sorry if I offended you.. English isn't my first language either though :man1:

Regardless, your original statement was false.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:14 pm

I don't know who this loss is on. I think we may need to actually beat a good team like okc, in order to TRULY get this ship turned around. I'm circling that game on my calender.
King of Clutch

Postby XXIV on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:30 pm

I watched the first half and we were up by double digits, I leave to attend a field trip and when I returned I see we lost by two. What happened?
XXIV

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:41 pm

kobe ball
bad defense
hack-a-dwight
dwight building a second gym with bricked free throws
more bad defense
more kobe ball

loss.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 am

Yet Kobe, who had a great look at that last 3, makes it....most if not all that bad stuff goes away from tonight.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:56 am

Yet Kobe, who had a great look at that last 3, makes it....most if not all that bad stuff goes away from tonight.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby mister anakin on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:59 am

Finwë wrote: Sorry if I offended you.. English isn't my first language either though :man1:
Regardless, your original statement was false.

Not a problem.

But let´s talk about MDA for a moment. As I said before, I´m also upset, since he seems to be a little too stubborn to deal with all that hack-a-dwight cr@p.

You wrote about that horrible unit he kept on the floor during 4th. I partially agree, it´s obvious not our strong choice, but don´t you think that, to be able to know better what his players can or can´t do, he does have to do some kinds of experiments? I mean, isn´t it necessary to try some different options for rotation outside practice conditions? Let´s face it, he wasn´t with us during pre-season/training camp and that´s probably a huge part of the problem.

I know, we´re loosing games, that´s a big deal. But perhaps that´s a necessary step into building a stronger and more competitive team. It´s also possible that we would still be loossing games with PJ on board.

About yesterday, I liked that MDA gave some burn to Earl Clark. I also enjoyd LALs rotation during the first half. He even has kept Kobe on bench during a long period and gave Hill strong minutes (even though he hates him).

Don´t get me wrong, I HATE loosing and I´m very disappointed with all that mess that we´re seeing. But, despite all of that, and even though PJ was clearly a better choice, I still think we´re on the right track with MDA. He just NEED to do something about Dwight´s FTs. Geez.

What do you think?
mister anakin

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday