Wed. 1/11 @ Blazers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby kwamejoke on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:42 pm

Stop the 40-pt streak as soon as possible !!!!!!
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:44 pm

kwamejoke wrote:Stop the 40-pt streak as soon as possible !!!!!!

How about stop the "F-it" three as Guru predicted would hurt us at one point or another.

I was pleased with Odom and Mihm tonight. We still need to find consistent scoring though. Blazers played over their heads, you have to give it up to them hitting shots.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby c.Lin on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:45 pm

That was one of the worst defensive performances I have ever seen. EVER. I'm pissed. I have nothing more to say.
c.Lin

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:46 pm

yea that inferior backcourts get against us. lets hope tonight was it.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby bumrusherer on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:46 pm

that didnt hurt us.

giving up 89 points thru 3 quarters? that hurt us.
bumrusherer

Postby Showtime is Magic on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:47 pm

inconsistent- displaying a lack of consistency; "inconsistent statements cannot both be true at the same time"; "inconsistent with the roadmap" "The Lakers are inconsistent"

Trade- the commercial exchange (buying and selling on domestic or international markets) of goods and services; "Venice was an important center of trade with the East"; "they are accused of conspiring to constrain trade" "The Lakers trade Lamar Odom and get Ron Artest"
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby nameant on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:47 pm

i know kobe took too many 3's. but our bigs were outplayed and out-rebounded. that's what hurt us big time. too many offensive boards for them. too many easy put-back layups. :disagree:
nameant

Postby KB24 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:51 pm

Ring It Up wrote:This is one of reason why Kobe isnt better than MJ. Could you imagine MJ launching up three after three after three? And he wasnt hitting?

we needed the 3. period. MJ had guys like Kukoc and Kerr that were great shooters. Kobe has Sasha and Smush around him. We had no defense, so only chance we would win would be Kobe hitting them.
On the other hand MJ would have lost a game like the Clipper game couple of days back.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby nameant on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:53 pm

no adjustments made. hey we need rebounding, we're getting killed on the glass. how about we play bynum? oh wait, no let's not do that. that would make some kind of sense. let's just rely on cook to get boards as our backup big.
nameant

Postby KB24 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:53 pm

nameant wrote:i know kobe took too many 3's. but our bigs were outplayed and out-rebounded. that's what hurt us big time. too many offensive boards for them. too many easy put-back layups. :disagree:

Our bigs didn´t get playing time. Jax prefered to play Smush, Sasha, Kobe, Lamar and Cook. thats where you wonder "does he care about defense and rebounding? obviously he doesn´t cuz that was the 3rd quarter where they pulled away

KB24
Site Admin

Postby xx_crozz_xx on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:54 pm

guys...I think it's time for mitch to sign a more defensive player..
we can score more points from a good defense? like what we did against Dallas......If we are very poor in defensive end, we became prostrated and it will affect our offense....

Another eye opener lost game...Offense is not our problem to win games, everybody aside from Kobe can score if we play good defense and from that we can score easily....

Mitch what are you waiting for...are you waiting for another performance like this b4 you make a move to get a defensive player??

Kobe can score more points if theres somebody who can help him to defend perimeter player. I think the end part of the game his gas tank is almost empty after playing against 2 , 3 defender then come down to defend against opponent scorer......Peace...lets move on & look forward to the next game.....

Bye guys..nice to be here in CL...
xx_crozz_xx

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:54 pm

KB8@CL wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:This is one of reason why Kobe isnt better than MJ. Could you imagine MJ launching up three after three after three? And he wasnt hitting?

we needed the 3. period. MJ had guys like Kukoc and Kerr that were great shooters. Kobe has Sasha and Smush around him. We had no defense, so only chance we would win would be Kobe hitting them.
On the other hand MJ would have lost a game like the Clipper game couple of days back.

...have to disagree. the blazers were out of fouls very early. we had about 6 min. left and were down by like 8-10 and kobe was jacking up 3's. he should have drove to the rack
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby Punk-101 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:56 pm

xx_crozz_xx wrote:guys...I think it's time for mitch to sign a more defensive player..
we can score more points from a good defense? like what we did against Dallas......If we are very poor in defensive end, we became prostrated and it will affect our offense....

Another eye opener lost game...Offense is not our problem to win games, everybody aside from Kobe can score if we play good defense and from that we can score easily....

Mitch what are you waiting for...are you waiting for another performance like this b4 you make a move to get a defensive player??

Kobe can score more points if theres somebody who can help him to defend perimeter player. I think the end part of the game his gas tank is almost empty after playing against 2 , 3 defender then come down to defend against opponent scorer......Peace...lets move on & look forward to the next game.....

Bye guys..nice to be here in CL...

welcome to CL
true, we do need better defenders, but tonight was not about defensive capabilities. Its not like our guys did their best and we still lost. They have played much better physical and mental D than this
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby B-Scott on Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:59 pm

were in the penalty. Down by 7. Kobe 25 footers. DUMB BASKETBALL

I agree our D was horrible tonight. Rebunding was horrible. But in that 4th quarter we were in the penalty at like the 6 minute mark. Kobe 25 footer...30 footer. Attack the basket,get to the rim. Free throws. This is why kobe loses so many close games.

Andrew bynum needs to start over Kwame.
B-Scott

Postby B-Scott on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:02 am

if you attack the basket,when a team is in the penalty,you give your team a higher percentage of chance to come back. You stay at the free throw line.
B-Scott

Postby nameant on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:02 am

B-Scott get over it man. i know it's a tough loss. a terrible loss. but this game was lost 100% on the defensive side. has nothing to do with the shots kobe took late. the blazers average like 87 points a game. it's not like everytime kobe missed a 3 the blazers automatically got 2 points. we played terrible defense. terrible rebounding. you act as if we had the game in hand but kobe started jacking up 3's and lost us the game. the blazers had control throughout most of the game..b/c our lack of defense.
nameant

Postby sick_irony on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:03 am

well Kobe had an off night from the 3 point range but the thing is MJ didn't have to shoot that many 3's because he had other options and one of them being pippen. Odom is no pippen, and BTW i believe Jordan had some off nights too but people don't think so for some reason.... everybody only remembers his clutch plays and his dunks but nobody remembers a Jordan off night and after Kobe retires nobody will remember a Kobe off night.
sick_irony

Postby nameant on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:05 am

sick_irony wrote:

well Kobe had an off night from the 3 point range but the thing is MJ didn't have to shoot that many 3's because he had other options and one of them being pippen. Odom is no pippen, and BTW i believe Jordan had some off nights too but people don't think so for some reason.... everybody only remembers his clutch plays and his dunks but nobody remembers a Jordan off night and after Kobe retires nobody will remember a Kobe off night.

that's b/c most people know what they hear or what they saw in highlights. most didnt get to see jordan play live. they just pretend like they did. i'm not singling anyone out, but just the way they talk...you can tell.
nameant

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:05 am

Punk-101 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

...have to disagree. the blazers were out of fouls very early. we had about 6 min. left and were down by like 8-10 and kobe was jacking up 3's. he should have drove to the rack

Kobe go's to the line..makes 2...then the blazers go the other way and make 2.

how do you get back in the game like that?
We weren't getting enough stops to be able to have a situation where 2's would be enough
bumrusherer

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:08 am

B-Scott wrote:if you attack the basket,when a team is in the penalty,you give your team a higher percentage of chance to come back. You stay at the free throw line.

you're dave from longbeach on the radio right now?

but anyway like i said before..we just werent getting enough stops, so eventually we'd have lost either way.
bumrusherer

Postby nameant on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:08 am

bumrusherer wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

We weren't getting enough stops to be able to have a situation where 2's would be enough

no man, it's all kobe's fault. 100%.
nameant

Postby KB24 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:09 am

Punk-101 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

to drive you need someone to oepn a lane. When you play a Mihm and Odom front court against Theo Rattliff and Randolph you suck. Kobe was defended really well. People act like Portland allowed him to do anything. What was bothering me was Blake and his defense and Ruben also played really physical. I´m the last one who wants Kobe to jack up 3s but in this case I can live with it, which doesn´t mean I like it by any means. some act like if we played steady we would have won. Not a chance. we needed wonder to win this game and it became obvious in the 3rd. We needed a surge, somehow a run and IMO the only way we could have won this game was Kobe shooting threes and maybe hitting him. He tried to win a lost game and he failed. Nothing I would go mad for because the game was lost anyway even without Kobe´s threes. You should talk to Sasha who has 4-5 reach in fouls every night (at least 3 in the penalty) because he gets raped by any guard left and right. Really nobody beside Kobe on this can hit a shot when we need it. Its all Kobe and nobody. Jax also sucked like I said. His subs were horrible and he refused to take them out and bring in Kwame and Bynum.
Last edited by KB24 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:10 am

bumrusherer wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

I 100% agree. our defense, and lack of rebounding cost us the game. Im not blaming kobe at all. Had he not jacked up those 3's, we probably would have still lost....but i think our chances of winning GREATLY improve in hindsight.

-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:10 am

nameant wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

no man, it's all kobe's fault. 100%.

oh, ofcourse
bumrusherer

Postby B-Scott on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:11 am

i agree kobe isnt to blame. Im just frustrated. Kobe does need to attack the basket,though when we are in the penalty. Thats a weakness he has to improve.i
B-Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight