Wed. 1/11 @ Blazers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby KB24 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:14 am

B-Scott wrote:i agree kobe isnt to blame. Im just frustrated. Kobe does need to attack the basket,though when we are in the penalty. Thats a weakness he has to improve.i

He has been way too trigger happy from downtown lately but 13-29 shots is not a horrible percentage. I mean the guy has scored 40+in 5 straight games now. He is certainly not the reason we lose

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:15 am

bumrusherer wrote:
nameant wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:This is one of reason why Kobe isnt better than MJ. Could you imagine MJ launching up three after three after three? And he wasnt hitting?

we needed the 3. period. MJ had guys like Kukoc and Kerr that were great shooters. Kobe has Sasha and Smush around him. We had no defense, so only chance we would win would be Kobe hitting them.
On the other hand MJ would have lost a game like the Clipper game couple of days back.

...have to disagree. the blazers were out of fouls very early. we had about 6 min. left and were down by like 8-10 and kobe was jacking up 3's. he should have drove to the rack

Kobe go's to the line..makes 2...then the blazers go the other way and make 2.

how do you get back in the game like that?
We weren't getting enough stops to be able to have a situation where 2's would be enough

no man, it's all kobe's fault. 100%.

oh, ofcourse

Im not blaming kobe at all. he shouldnt have had to even play the 4th quarter had our D done its job. we should have had an easy W. Portland didnt score every time. If they did, they would have won by 15-20 cause we had a lot of misses down the stretch. it wouldnt have been matching 2 for 2. (almost, but not quite, our D did suck). Im just acknowledging that jacking up 3's is not smart, especially when you cant rely on your D to get a stop.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby B-Scott on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:15 am

KB8@CL wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:This is one of reason why Kobe isnt better than MJ. Could you imagine MJ launching up three after three after three? And he wasnt hitting?

we needed the 3. period. MJ had guys like Kukoc and Kerr that were great shooters. Kobe has Sasha and Smush around him. We had no defense, so only chance we would win would be Kobe hitting them.
On the other hand MJ would have lost a game like the Clipper game couple of days back.

...have to disagree. the blazers were out of fouls very early. we had about 6 min. left and were down by like 8-10 and kobe was jacking up 3's. he should have drove to the rack

to drive you need someone to oepn a lane. When you play a Mihm and Odom front court against Theo Rattliff and Randolph you suck. Kobe was defended really well. People act like Portland allowed him to do anything. What was bothering me was Blake and his defense and Ruben also played really physical. I´m the last one who wants Kobe to jack up 3s but in this case I can live with it, which doesn´t mean I like it by any means. some act like if we played steady we would have won. Not a chance. we needed wonder to win this game and it became obvious in the 3rd. We needed a surge, somehow a run and IMO the only way we could have won this game was Kobe shooting threes and maybe hitting him. He tried to win a lost game and he failed. Nothing I would go mad for because the game was lost anyway even without Kobe´s threes. You should talk to Sasha who has 4-5 reach in fouls every night (at least 3 in the penalty) because he gets raped by any guard left and right. Really nobody beside Kobe on this can hit a shot when we need it. Its all Kobe and nobody. Jax also sucked like I said. His subs were horrible and he refused to take them out and bring in Kwame and Bynum.

Good point. They were clogging up the lanes. The perimietr guys could not make outside shots.

Lamar was 6-8. Maybe we should abondone the triangle a little,and post him up. We dont give him enough post up chances. he was 6-8 from the field. get him more shots out the post.
B-Scott

Postby B-Scott on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:15 am

KB8@CL wrote:
Punk-101 wrote:
KB8@CL wrote:

to drive you need someone to oepn a lane. When you play a Mihm and Odom front court against Theo Rattliff and Randolph you suck. Kobe was defended really well. People act like Portland allowed him to do anything. What was bothering me was Blake and his defense and Ruben also played really physical. I´m the last one who wants Kobe to jack up 3s but in this case I can live with it, which doesn´t mean I like it by any means. some act like if we played steady we would have won. Not a chance. we needed wonder to win this game and it became obvious in the 3rd. We needed a surge, somehow a run and IMO the only way we could have won this game was Kobe shooting threes and maybe hitting him. He tried to win a lost game and he failed. Nothing I would go mad for because the game was lost anyway even without Kobe´s threes. You should talk to Sasha who has 4-5 reach in fouls every night (at least 3 in the penalty) because he gets raped by any guard left and right. Really nobody beside Kobe on this can hit a shot when we need it. Its all Kobe and nobody. Jax also sucked like I said. His subs were horrible and he refused to take them out and bring in Kwame and Bynum.

Good point. They were clogging up the lanes. The perimietr guys could not make outside shots.

Lamar was 6-8. Maybe we should abondone the triangle a little,and post him up. We dont give him enough post up chances. he was 6-8 from the field. get him more shots out the post.
B-Scott

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:21 am

B-Scott wrote:

Lamar was alright tonight, he should have been used in the post more. He just didnt play any defense.

Thats the only thing that bothers me with him.
bumrusherer

Postby nameant on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:22 am

bumrusherer wrote:
B-Scott wrote:

Lamar was alright tonight, he should have been used in the post more. He just didnt play any defense.

didnt work the boards like he usually does either.
nameant

Postby magicmoment on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:24 am

i was disappointed..
i could believe that we lost to the 2nd to the last team in the NBA. sure the Blazers had a good game, but i expected our team to play better. Kobe did a good job. another 40+ pt game... LO did alright and Mihm did ok too.. Cook did well.. and Smush... but our team seemed "dead" tonight.. no life! no energy! and most importantly... NO DEFENSE! :bang: what happend! they better win tomorrow!

interesting how we lose to the crappy teams yet win to the better teams.
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby KB24 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:26 am

If I had to make 1 guy responsible for the loss it would be Sasha.
Everybody sucked on defense but Sasha was absolutely the most horrible guy on the floor IMO.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby magicmoment on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:29 am

KB8@CL wrote:If I had to make 1 guy responsible for the loss it would be Sasha.
Everybody sucked on defense but Sasha was absolutely the most horrible guy on the floor IMO.

ill have to agree with u on that.. but u cant blame the WHOLE loss on Sasha.. our overall D was horrible... but Sasha was on the frikken floor for a loooooooong time and yet we got no production from him at all...
Last edited by magicmoment on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Fix your hair Sasha. Gotta look pretty now" - Stu Lantz
"Lakers play for Championships" ~Lamar Odom
"I just missed some bunnies." ~Kobe on Game1 [NBA Finals]

Estamos Aquí!

add my fansite:
http://www.myspace.com/sashavujacic18
magicmoment

Postby Lakerfan36 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:34 am

The lakers sucked tonight. Lets blame sasha
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby B-Scott on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:34 am

nameant wrote:
bumrusherer wrote:
B-Scott wrote:

didnt work the boards like he usually does either.

True. Im beginning to warm up to Lamar for artest. I just want jeff foster also. I hear the clippers are close to getting artest. At LG,they are talking about Ron is supposed to meet with the clippers soon.
B-Scott

Postby Showtime is Magic on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:41 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:

blaming the amazing kobe seems more common :man1: :man1:
Image Image
Showtime is Magic

Postby xx_crozz_xx on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:48 am

I don;t want to blame Kobe for playing most of the time away from the basket...We all knows that we have 82 regular games and we are only 35 games, more than half more to come...

There is a high posibilitythat he got injured if he always attacking the ring everytime at this earlier part of the season, we are stil in the playoff spot at the moment...

How many times the defender hack him when he try to go to the basket for a lay up or a dunk...He is a receppient of a flagrant fouls many times. The main objective right now is to make the playoff and once we go to the play off, I'm 100% sure Kobe will play more agrssively and attacking the basket more..

our target is to make the play off.. not to get the number 1 seed...We have to understand that we must keep Kobe away from injury. That's the main reason why he is doing his work at the moment away from the basket, and he can still get his number(ave,34pg)..

If he got injured coz of agrssive play attacking the basket,, Our dreams of making to the playoff will remain as a dream.....Patience Laker Fans...Lets look forward to the play off and you will see Kobe attacking the Basket..That's for sure.......PEACE..I'm a Lakers Forever Fan...... :mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi: :mhihi: Support KOBE for better n for worse :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
xx_crozz_xx

Postby KB24 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:51 am

magicmoment wrote:

ill have to agree with u on that.. but u cant blame the WHOLE loss on Sasha.. our overall D was horrible... but Sasha was on the frikken floor for a loooooooong time and et we got no production from him at all...

Like I said the entire team was horrible. agree with you

KB24
Site Admin

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:08 am

MarkMadsen wrote:im worried about this game. Blazers havent been winning lately but they have playing hard. Zach Randolp is always tough to guard. And Ruben is gonna be extra prepared for Kobe.

We just have to not underrate them coming in. Dont play to their level.

:mhihi:
MarkMadsen

Postby kolka on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:07 am

sick_irony wrote:

well Kobe had an off night from the 3 point range but the thing is MJ didn't have to shoot that many 3's because he had other options and one of them being pippen. Odom is no pippen, and BTW i believe Jordan had some off nights too but people don't think so for some reason.... everybody only remembers his clutch plays and his dunks but nobody remembers a Jordan off night and after Kobe retires nobody will remember a Kobe off night.

I will. i will remember it forever.
«Basketball is sharing» Phil Jackson
kolka

Postby kolka on Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:18 am

Lakerfan36 wrote:

Tex Winter! He is the reason why Lakers lost. :man10:
«Basketball is sharing» Phil Jackson
kolka

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:02 am

sick_irony wrote:

well Kobe had an off night from the 3 point range but the thing is MJ didn't have to shoot that many 3's because he had other options and one of them being pippen. Odom is no pippen, and BTW i believe Jordan had some off nights too but people don't think so for some reason.... everybody only remembers his clutch plays and his dunks but nobody remembers a Jordan off night and after Kobe retires nobody will remember a Kobe off night.

the detroit series will stay burned in my mind forever
bumrusherer

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:30 am

I think this was a must win game, but Blazers were pretty hot shootin the ball - over 50%.
I think that was main loss reason.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:33 am

Post game press conference: http://www.nba.com/media/blazers/nate1_11.mp3

Got it from blazers website
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby KB24 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:53 am

"Obviously when they're not going in, then it's time to stop," Jackson said. "We kept going."

Jackson said that about the team keep shooting 3s (4-21)

KB24
Site Admin

Postby kwamejoke on Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:41 am

kolka wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:

Tex Winter! He is the reason why Lakers lost. :man10:

:man4:
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:10 am

KB8@CL wrote:"Obviously when they're not going in, then it's time to stop," Jackson said. "We kept going."

Jackson said that about the team keep shooting 3s (4-21)

Yeah, we shot horrible from behind the arc.

:hurl:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight