Wed. 4/14 @ Blazers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Wed. 4/14 @ Blazers - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:47 pm

Lakers @ Portland
Wednesday, Apr. 14
7:00 pm
TV: KCAL, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos | Highlights (Must See)

Lakers - 105
Trail Blazers - 104

Trey Bien! Lakers Take Pacific Title
Kobe Bryant's fadeaway 3-pointer as time expired in double OT lifted the Lakers to a thrilling 105-104 win in Portland on Wednesday night, catapulting L.A. past Sacramento for the Pacific Division title and the No. 2 spot in the West. The Lakers host Houston at 7:30 p.m. Saturday (ESPN). Karl Malone left the game just before halftime with a severely sprained right ankle.

Post your comments here...

Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LAL Bling on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:52 am

Here's hoping that Sacramento loses when we win. :man1:
LAL Bling

Postby bmac148 on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:54 am

Even though it would be nice to see the lakers beat the Blazers tonight and see the Kings lose to the warriors as well :jam2: they can beat memphis or dallas in the playoffs easily. So they beat them, then they would play the winner of the Minnesota- Denver game- THEY CAN BEAT EITHER OF THOSE TEAMS! :man1: They have had trouble with the Spurs and the Queens this year and would probably rather play Minnesota (They havn't made it past the first round anyways for like 7 years) Poor KG :man6:
N E WAYS- GO LAKERS, GO WARRIORS!

Tonights Prediction
Lakers 98 Portland 96

Kobe: 38 points- 7 rebounds- 7 assists :kobe1:
Shaq: 25 points- 13 rebounds :shaq1:

IT WILL BE A CLOSE ONE BUT THEY CAN DO IT! :pd:

-bmac
bmac148

Postby MsEsquivel on Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:10 am

I will go out on a limb and say that this game will go into OT and the Lakers will win it 113-111. I only say this because the Lakers defense leaves little to be desired.
MsEsquivel

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Apr 14, 2004 8:52 am

Last Regular season game, lets payback the blazers for last time. I want shaq to have a big game and for karl to cut down on turnovers.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby bmac148 on Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:29 am

I dont think Karl has played that sloppy. Actually, i think that shaq has played pretty sloppy lately. He has had some turnovers and its almost like he is playing kind of soft. He needs to start dunking the ball more.
But still, payback would be great for how they embarased us in the staples center. This game could go into overtime, and in that case, the Lakers will get the W. :mhihi:

-bmac
bmac148

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:49 am

The Lakers will be coming off a back-to-back and this is a road game against a Blazers team that didn't make the playoffs and will be playing with pride, so I think it'll be tough. But Sac might lose to GS, so maybe the team will actually play with some motivation and win convincingly. I'm still worried about the D. Derek Anderson, Damon, Zach, and Shareef must be kept in check. But if Kobe and Shaq play like they did last night (doubtful, but you never know) and the rest of the Lakers give enough support, it SHOULD be a win. I hope. :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:57 pm

I have a question for everyone. Since the Blazers are out of the playoffs what do you think they will do tonight, come out not caring about this game and just rolling over or come out figuring they have nothing to lose and really try to make sure the lakers stay in the 4th seed?

I'm thinking since this is the first time in 21 years that the Blazers haven't made the playoffs they're going to be feeling pretty down on themselves. This might be a blow out game for the lakers. I'm thinking maybe even a 20+ point victory.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby futurefelonKobe on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:28 pm

The Lakers better play some D if they expect to stay in the game tonihght. The Blazers will blow them out if they don't pick up the intensity on D. Hopefully, they'll play another sloppy half-hearted game though so the Kings won't even have to win to get the 2 seed. :man1:
futurefelonKobe

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:38 pm

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:I have a question for everyone. Since the Blazers are out of the playoffs what do you think they will do tonight, come out not caring about this game and just rolling over or come out figuring they have nothing to lose and really try to make sure the lakers stay in the 4th seed?

I'm thinking since this is the first time in 21 years that the Blazers haven't made the playoffs they're going to be feeling pretty down on themselves. This might be a blow out game for the lakers. I'm thinking maybe even a 20+ point victory.

I have to disagree. The Blazers will be mad they lost the 8th seed and will try to take it out on the Lakers. If they don't play D again it will be a big loss to end the season, so the Lakers better come to play.
lakerzrule

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:48 pm

futurefelonKobe wrote:The Lakers better play some D if they expect to stay in the game tonihght. The Blazers will blow them out if they don't pick up the intensity on D. Hopefully, they'll play another sloppy half-hearted game though so the Kings won't even have to win to get the 2 seed. :man1:

By the way, the rules for sig is 468 across and 60 down. You should change it cuz rules are rules.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby dlivneh on Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:27 pm

i think we will lose the game :bang:
dlivneh

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:42 pm

we need an early blowout, so our stars can gets some rest for the playoffs.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:44 pm

Blazers Injury Report

Omar Cook: Injury Status: Quadriceps; I-L

Vladimir Stepania: Injury Status: Knee; I-L

Travis Outlaw:
Injury Status: Knee; I-L
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:54 pm

lakerzrule wrote:
SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:I have a question for everyone. Since the Blazers are out of the playoffs what do you think they will do tonight, come out not caring about this game and just rolling over or come out figuring they have nothing to lose and really try to make sure the lakers stay in the 4th seed?

I have to disagree. The Blazers will be mad they lost the 8th seed and will try to take it out on the Lakers. If they don't play D again it will be a big loss to end the season, so the Lakers better come to play.

I don't know man, the Blazers might just figure that this season is already over and may want to start thinking about next season. I mean, why risk injury by playing hard when it doesn't mean anything anyways. Win or lose the Blazers are out of the playoffs so why risk anyone important getting hurt?
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Apr 14, 2004 3:04 pm

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
lakerzrule wrote:

I don't know man, the Blazers might just figure that this season is already over and may want to start thinking about next season. I mean, why risk injury by playing hard when it doesn't mean anything anyways. Win or lose the Blazers are out of the playoffs so why risk anyone important getting hurt?

Look at Golden State yesterday. They didn't make the post-season, had no chance but gave the Lakers a run for their money. Portland isn't fond of L.A and would love to help them get a lower seeding. Hopefully they fail. :man9:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed Apr 14, 2004 4:09 pm

Yeah thats true. No matter what happens it should be a really good game.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby G|B|G|B on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:18 pm

spurs loosing right now =)
so if they lose and Lakers win, Lakers go to 3rd seed
^_^
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby Dragan on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:19 pm

I honestly think Warriors have good chance of beating the Kings. Meaning our game at Portland is mutch more important than most people realise.
Dragan

Postby G|B|G|B on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:21 pm

yup
G|B|G|B

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:44 pm

did yalL notice how the warriors were so persistent in keeping the game alive against the lakers? that really piss'd me off. they were down by like 7 or so with less than 24 secs to go, and they kept fouling. i waz like damn people, let it go! i just hope the blazers wont do the same :disagree:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby G|B|G|B on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:47 pm

LTV IS ON!
G|B|G|B

Postby G|B|G|B on Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:48 pm

did anyone record that intro!
that was nice!
G|B|G|B

Postby G|B|G|B on Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:31 pm

6-2 Lakers loosing