Wed. 12/1 @ Bulls - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:38 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:I DONT GET IT, ONCE KOBE HIST A BIG SHOT, HE TAKES ANOTHER 5, PROBABLY HITTING 1 OF THEM....THEN AFTER MISSING 4 IN A ROW HE THEN REALIZES PASS WHEN ITS TOO LATE HE TRIES TO DO TOO MUCH SOMETIMES GOD IM SO MAD

Eh. You guys are ridiculous. Sure, he has missed plenty of shots this year. He's injured...and it's the kind of injury that's going to plague him for a long stretch. If he weren't on the court, the team would probably win about 30 percent of their games. The guy has 10 assists, he has passed plenty, just lay off.

I guess he has to take the heat because he's the only big name on the team. It's a shame...

ok then tell me this, why do u hit a big shot then take another 50 instead of playing normally? whys he keep forcing things? he holds the ball at the wing for 3/5 of the shot clock then tries to do the rest himself. why not run the plays normally? and no where in that paragraph did i say it was kobes fault we lost, referring to whats implied from what u said in the end. as i've said plenty of times in this board, its kobes fault we win and sometimes its his fault we lose.

we've had plenty of discussion on the topic of his injury, why not sit out a couple times...i mean we ARE "rebuilding" so why not rebuild YOURSELF for the future? ok so he plays now gets really hurt and then once we have a championship contending team, he has to sit out b/c he put too much pressure in that foot....
Last edited by Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby LakRfAn on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:38 pm

Ring It Up wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:i bet rudy is pulling his hair out

Maybe Rudy should have said something.

How do you know he didn't?
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:38 pm

Mathius wrote:I blame this loss 100% on Kobe Bryant for playing like a jackass..

You know, late in this game, the other lakers weren't even on the freakin court.

So while kobe is playing like a jackass, he's the only one playing.

Butler, Atkins, Cook, and the rest of them were still in Milwaukee tonight...

pitiful performance.

I don't think this team is going anywhere this year...

Marginal playoff team, at best.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:39 pm

Well we chocked! Everybody sucked after the 76-74 lead!
Damn we are really loosers against Chicago :mad1:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:39 pm

LakRfAn wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:

Well if they kept chuckin em up, tells me he didnt.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:40 pm

Kobe needs some blame....crucial turnover in the end(backcourt violation), tried a contested 3 pointer when we tied...c'mon i thought we learned from our mistakes. :bang:
MarkMadsen

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:40 pm

LakRfAn wrote:This has to be the worst performance by this new Lakers squad

30 3s?!

When was the last time the Lakers attempted 30 3s?

They had the Bulls in the penalty with the game tied and 5 minutes to go and they didn't go to the basket the rest of the game

unbelieveable

i bet rudy is pulling his hair out

That's called, "I'm too freakin lazy and tired from a 90 mile road trip and will just kick it out here in 3 point land."

If anyone thinks this is ok, then you've got a lot more patience than I do...

B/c its not ok.

This team will hover around .500 all year at this pace.

Just like Lee Hamilton says... they're a 42-40 team... sad.

Someone's head has to roll if they're a 42 win team.
leftymo

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:40 pm

Its a team which played the night before against a well rested team, even if its the Bulls.. 1-1 on this road trip.. I'll take it.
KareemTheGreat33

Postby EJeremyst123 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:40 pm

i blame this loss on deng, he came in and shut down a hot kobe :man4:
EJeremyst123

Postby trodgers on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:41 pm

XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:ok then tell me this, why do u hit a big shot then take another 50 instead of playing normally? whys he keep forcing things? he holds the ball at the wing for 3/5 of the shot clock then tries to do the rest himself. why not run the plays normally? and no where in that paragraph did i say it was kobes fault we lost, referring to whats implied from what u said in the end.

we've had plenty of discussion on the topic of his injury, why not sit out a couple times...i mean we ARE "rebuilding" so why not rebuild YOURSELF for the future? ok so he plays now gets really hurt and then once we have a championship contending team, he has to sit out b/c he put too much pressure in that foot....

Well, he didn't take 50 shots in the game, not even half of that number. Who's going to get the job done? Last night it was Cook, great. There's no one consistent player to step up and not even as a team can we always get someone else to step up. It's unfortunate, it's frustrating, but don't blame Kobe for all of the Lakers' problems.

I wonder if he should sit out...I'm not an expert on the ailment but I understand that days of rest do very little to alleviate the problem. I think we're talking like a month or more off for complete recovery...and by that time, the Lakers' chances of making the playoffs would be roughly shot.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:41 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Its a team which played the night before against a well rested team, even if its the Bulls.. 1-1 on this road trip.. I'll take it.

I guess you'll also take 42-40 this year...
leftymo

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:41 pm

We are pretty much the boston celtics 2-3 years ago when Walker Welsh and Pirece took 50 threes and lost every second game!

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Eazym187 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:41 pm

:bang:
Eazym187

Postby LakRfAn on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:41 pm

Ring It Up wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:

i don't want to get into a protracted argument about this, but to assume that when a coach tells a team to do something they automatically do it and if they don't that's proof he didn't tell them is asinine
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:41 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Its a team which played the night before against a well rested team, even if its the Bulls.. 1-1 on this road trip.. I'll take it.

c'mon thats no excuse for everytime we go into a situation like this. Bulls are the worst team in the leastern confrence...we should of have beat them either way.
MarkMadsen

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:42 pm

Unacceptable. The 1-10 Bulls, well now 2-10. The Lakers should be able to beat them with their hands tied behind their back.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Guest on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:42 pm

kobe has a good stats tonight, but he fails again in final minutes.

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:44 pm

LakRfAn wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:

i don't want to get into a protracted argument about this, but to assume that when a coach tells a team to do something they automatically do it and if they don't that's proof he didn't tell them is asinine

If you say so. If the coach said dont take three and Kobe allowed it to happen what kinda of leader is that? So IMHO Rudy didnt say stop shooting threes.
Ring It Up

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:44 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:
XxAzNJoKeRxX wrote:ok then tell me this, why do u hit a big shot then take another 50 instead of playing normally? whys he keep forcing things? he holds the ball at the wing for 3/5 of the shot clock then tries to do the rest himself. why not run the plays normally? and no where in that paragraph did i say it was kobes fault we lost, referring to whats implied from what u said in the end.

Well, he didn't take 50 shots in the game, not even half of that number. Who's going to get the job done? Last night it was Cook, great. There's no one consistent player to step up and not even as a team can we always get someone else to step up. It's unfortunate, it's frustrating, but don't blame Kobe for all of the Lakers' problems.

I wonder if he should sit out...I'm not an expert on the ailment but I understand that days of rest do very little to alleviate the problem. I think we're talking like a month or more off for complete recovery...and by that time, the Lakers' chances of making the playoffs would be roughly shot.

ok then dont bring up the point about his injury. and its called exxageration when i say 50 shots pers game...did u think i was actually being literal? whos gonna get the job done? basketball isn't a individual sport, im sorry, the team needs to get it done. im not blaming kobe for all the problems im saying he does too much sometimes, once u hit a big shot dont keep going and jackin up a buncha crap and turn the game into a 1v1.
Karl11-Caron1

Postby KB24 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:44 pm

Why is Lamar taking 6 shots? He has to know that he has to carry the load! Not a big@§§ lazy man who just stays on court! He has to take 15 shots! He is hiding himself behind Kobe and sucks! Never does anything offensively! :mad1:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby UCLAbadfish on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:44 pm

Mathius wrote:I blame this loss 100% on Kobe Bryant for playing like a jackass..

brilliant. :man7:
UCLAbadfish

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:45 pm

We just gave up too many open shots...i dunno how many times I said that in this topic. Chucky you suck on defense. Go hang out with kobe and learn some d. either that or we should atleat give Sasha some minutes..he cant be worse than what we got.
MarkMadsen

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:46 pm

I think its time this team takes some criticism after a month into the season.

They've been inconsistent and average at best.

Every win followed with a loss.

Growth is building on good wins, and they have LOST every single game in which they would show or prove a growth or sign of improvement.

I mean, you can almost predict which games they'll win and lose.

Sorry.

This team deserves to be bashed...

And the fingers should start at Rudy T.

He must think this is Houston, where nobody cares.... WRONG.
leftymo

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:46 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:Why is Lamar taking 6 shots? He has to know that he has to carry the load! Not a big@§§ lazy man who just stays on court! He has to take 15 shots! He is hiding himself behind Kobe and sucks! Never does anything offensively! :mad1:

he did rebound pretty well tonite tho...
Karl11-Caron1

Postby LakRfAn on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:46 pm

leftymo wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:This has to be the worst performance by this new Lakers squad

30 3s?!

When was the last time the Lakers attempted 30 3s?

They had the Bulls in the penalty with the game tied and 5 minutes to go and they didn't go to the basket the rest of the game

unbelieveable

i bet rudy is pulling his hair out

That's called, "I'm too freakin lazy and tired from a 90 mile road trip and will just kick it out here in 3 point land."

If anyone thinks this is ok, then you've got a lot more patience than I do...

B/c its not ok.

This team will hover around .500 all year at this pace.

Just like Lee Hamilton says... they're a 42-40 team... sad.

Someone's head has to roll if they're a 42 win team.

I agree that it's laziness and a lack of desire. It drives me nuts to see professionals play like the guys I yell at when I'm playing pickup games

Set some picks! Cut! Take the ball to the freakin basket!!!

argh...

i disagree with you on the 42-40 thing... kobe won't let that happen. They will be 6-10 games over 500

but yeah, a marginal playoff team at best unless they really change their bball mentality
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight