Wed. 12/1 @ Bulls - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:47 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:We just gave up too many open shots...i dunno how many times I said that in this topic. Chucky you suck on defense. Go hang out with kobe and learn some d. either that or we should atleat give Sasha some minutes..he cant be worse than what we got.

i agree on the open shots....also too many 2nd/3rd chances, no def TO and.....selfishness =\
Karl11-Caron1

Postby methodnred on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:47 pm

I don't know why Rudy doesnt see this

the problem with this team is playing Odom at PF

he is supposed to be the big 2nd option and only took like 6 shots tonite

bring caron off the bench try to get grant healthy to start at PF
methodnred

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:48 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:Why is Lamar taking 6 shots? He has to know that he has to carry the load! Not a big@§§ lazy man who just stays on court! He has to take 15 shots! He is hiding himself behind Kobe and sucks! Never does anything offensively! :mad1:

He's too soft of a player... not a #1 option, and not all that good when it comes to "taking over" or demanding the ball.

I mean he might as well be Slava out there...

Tyson ate him up tonight...
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby lakerfool on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:48 pm

leftymo wrote:I think its time this team takes some criticism after a month into the season.

They've been inconsistent and average at best.

Every win followed with a loss.

Growth is building on good wins, and they have LOST every single game in which they would show or prove a growth or sign of improvement.

I mean, you can almost predict which games they'll win and lose.

Sorry.

This team deserves to be bashed...

And the fingers should start at Rudy T.

He must think this is Houston, where nobody cares.... WRONG.

WE LOST JUST ONE GAME, AND WE ARE STILL ABOVE .500!!!

COMMON...
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:51 pm

its not the one game im mad about it, its the fact we lost to the bulls.
MarkMadsen

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:52 pm

I said this in one preseason game: These things will happen. We could lose to a weak team but we also upset some strong teams. As things stand, we are not an elite team (this takes time to build) but we could be decent this year. BELIEVE!
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Karl11-Caron1 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:52 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:its not the one game im mad about it, its the fact we lost to the bulls.

yes i agree...thats wats in the back of my head of all this frustration
Karl11-Caron1

Postby Raposao on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:54 pm

hey this lakers have got some skills you know you have to be pretty special to lose to the bulls
Raposao

Postby LakRfAn on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:55 pm

leftymo wrote:
KB8 till infinity wrote:Why is Lamar taking 6 shots? He has to know that he has to carry the load! Not a big@§§ lazy man who just stays on court! He has to take 15 shots! He is hiding himself behind Kobe and sucks! Never does anything offensively! :mad1:

He's too soft of a player... not a #1 option, and not all that good when it comes to "taking over" or demanding the ball.

I mean he might as well be Slava out there...

Tyson ate him up tonight...

Slava?!

ouch... that's rough!

has slava ever even had a double digit rebounds game in his career?

listen... no reason to bash lamar... he is what he is

if you saw him during the olympics where he got major minutes, it was obvious that he is not a guy who wants to put up lots of shots.

BUT... Rudy has to do something drastic to get Lamar more involved in the game. Even when Kobe is on the bench Lamar doesn't try to take over offensively. There's got to be something he can do to get more involved. Run iso's for him at the top of the key every 3 minutes... He's a talented player for god's sake
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby LukeWalton on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:56 pm

man this pissed me off. The BUlls :bang: i mean were not a clear cut playoff team. Were gonna have to battle to get a good seed and losing to the BUlls just doesnt help. We have to be able to beat this kind of teams.
LukeWalton

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:57 pm

If we utilize Odom like they did last year in the Heat, well get the most out of him. Right now, Rudy isnt really taking much control of this team...the ball is always in kobe's hands.
MarkMadsen

Postby hZm on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:58 pm

This game was horrible... that's all im gonna say. :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
hZm

Postby lakerfool on Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:58 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:If we utilize Odom like they did last year in the Heat, well get the most out of him. Right now, Rudy isnt really taking much control of this team...the ball is always in kobe's hands.

Do you seriously want Atkins to be our playmaker?
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:00 pm

lakerfool wrote:
leftymo wrote:I think its time this team takes some criticism after a month into the season.

Growth is building on good wins, and they have LOST every single game in which they would show or prove a growth or sign of improvement.

Sorry.

COMMON...

We've lost 7 games and most of them to teams better than us, or teams that are not better than us.

They're an AVERAGE team right now. What are you smoking? I suggest you stop.

They play the warriors next, and that's a LOSABLE game... and the home game against Phoenix? Do you expect the Lakers to beat ANYBODY decent at home this year?

Or are they going to go 0- infinity against teams like Phoenix, Seattle, San Antonio, Minnesota, and Sacramento at home?
leftymo

Postby LK87 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:01 pm

lakerfool wrote:

Sorry.

COMMON...

once we lose a game, someone is gonna say "it's just ONE game", we are 9-7 now!!!!! SEVEN games already!!!

Odom is able to have 20/9/5, but look at what he got right now...something is wrong!1....
Last edited by LK87 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
keep ur heads up lakers, im so proud of being a lakers fan
LK87

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:02 pm

Do you seriously want Atkins to be our playmaker?

no. My point was Odom should handle the ball and let kobe play off the ball. If we do that maybe well get something going. Right now were so freaking turnoverish and predictable with everything we do.
MarkMadsen

Postby GCMD on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:06 pm

I just read like 5 of the last 18 pages and not ONE person touched on the real issue...

We just didn't hit shots...we had open shots...we took open shots...we missed open shots...

You can't expect to win every game if your PG doesn't do anything but jack up 3's...

You can't expect to win if Kobe has to create all of his shots...create shots for everybody else (the PG's job), and play good DEFENSE...

You can't be a jump shooting team if your team shoots under 35%...

You can't expect to win every game on the 3 pt shot unless you have at least 3 people who shoot 40% or better from 3...

We are going to be worse than LAC w/o another playmaker...

We are going to be worse than SAC w/o developing some chemistry...

And we DEFINATELY will be worse than PHO if LO or Mihm doesn't pull his head out of his butt...

So yes...we will win some games...but w/o some major changes at PG, we won't be a threat to any team (good or bad) as evidenced tonight...

You guys think I'm crazy for talking about PG so much but look how much better PHO is after they picked up NASH!!!

There is not 1 good team in the NBA that doesn't have a good PG...

And we never established a post game...we are a doughnut...this team must run b/c it is not setup for HALFCOURT OFFENSE!!!! Kobe going 1-on-1 does not equal a set play...

FIND A GOOD POINT GUARD OR FORFEIT THE REST OF THE SEASON...DON'T BET ON THE PLAYOFFS...DON'T EXPECT TO BLOWOUT ANY TEAM...DON'T PLAN ON ENJOYING THIS SEASON...
Last edited by GCMD on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:07 pm

FOR ALL THOSE OK WITH THIS LOSS...

Let me put it in english so you understand how EVERY game matters and they matter TREMENDOUSLY!!!

The Lakers with this loss just fell to the 10th seed in the west. That means we're on the outside looking in.

But its only one game you say...

Last year, the two teams that missed the playoffs from the west, missed by 1 and 2 games respectively.

Only 1 or 2 games is EXACTLY what differentiates the playoffs from missing the playoffs this year.

And the Lakers have PROVEN that they are AVERAGE, a MARINGAL team AT BEST!!!!

So get your head out of your.... and criticize the team b/c they deserve it.

Wins are clearly hard to come by for this team, they're lucky to win games...especially against teams clearly superior to them.

:man7: :man7: :man7:
:man2: :man2: :man2:
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:12 pm

How about this?

There are only 4 other teams worse than us right now...

The Lakers are the 5th worst team in the conference...

Is that hitting the nail on the head yet?
leftymo

Postby nbafan on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:13 pm

^ agreed.. the lakers can't afford to lose games that are supposed to be the easy part of their schedule.. any win against a superior team is a lucky win and are going to come "here and there".. if they are to make the playoffs, they need these wins.. otherwise they'll be around .500, which will not be enough to make the playoffs.. book it.

too many TOs, too many threes and no defense will get you a loss every time. when Kobe was attacking the basket and getting them in foul trouble early in the fourth quarter, I thought they would see what's working and go with it.. instead, they jack up threes.. Kobe played awesome for 3 and sucked it up during the 4th.. 3-10 on threes.. not good, not good at all.

inexcusable, embarrasing loss.
nbafan

Postby gill on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:14 pm

This loss is inexcusable no matter how many ways you guys put it. This is the damn Bulls... with the amount of talent we have on our team? I'm ashamed right now. I don't care if it's just regular season, but how can we expect to be successful if we don't beat the teams we're supposed to beat?

I'm very disappointed. This is downright inexcusable. :mad1: :mad1:
gill

Postby GCMD on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:22 pm

leftymo wrote:FOR ALL THOSE OK WITH THIS LOSS...

Let me put it in english so you understand how EVERY game matters and they matter TREMENDOUSLY!!!

The Lakers with this loss just fell to the 10th seed in the west. That means we're on the outside looking in.

But its only one game you say...

Last year, the two teams that missed the playoffs from the west, missed by 1 and 2 games respectively.

Only 1 or 2 games is EXACTLY what differentiates the playoffs from missing the playoffs this year.

And the Lakers have PROVEN that they are AVERAGE, a MARINGAL team AT BEST!!!!

So get your head out of your.... and criticize the team b/c they deserve it.

Wins are clearly hard to come by for this team, they're lucky to win games...especially against teams clearly superior to them.

:man7: :man7: :man7:
:man2: :man2: :man2:

This team is not setup for what they are being told to do...no knock on Rudy...just I think somebody has to step up and admit that changes need to be made...

But I'm with you...LA has talent but if you take Kobe away, LAL are less talented than LAC!!!!!!

Atkins vs. Jaric
Kobe
Caron vs. Simmons
LO vs. Brand
Mihm vs. Wilcox

I'm sorry but based on current performance, LAC wins all but one matchup.

The most frustrating thing about it is just imagine if they just switched the PGs

Jaric vs Atkins
Kobe
Caron vs Simmons
LO vs Brand
Mihm vs Wilcox

I don't know about anybody else but I think that would make a huge difference.

But tonights performance was very indicative of LA's game...the shots just didn't fall tonight...
Feel free to ignore anything I say...

GCMD

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:23 pm

we can criticize as much as we want is not gonna change the fact that we lost we can only hope we win n make the playoffs if we do we do if we dont we dont im not gonna kill myself over it yes i love the lakers but ders nothing we can do unless u wanna waste time
PurpleNGold1

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:27 pm

PurpleNGold1 wrote:we can criticize as much as we want is not gonna change the fact that we lost we can only hope we win n make the playoffs if we do we do if we dont we dont im not gonna kill myself over it yes i love the lakers but ders nothing we can do unless u wanna waste time

Exactly... at the very least they should make the playoffs. And this western conference is EXTREMELY competitive. I mean its early but later in the year, these losses will come back to bite us in the you know what...

I mean, how much longer do we have to go before changes are made?

If they're 2-3 games above .500 by the end of December, is that ok?

I said they should be 17-10 by the end of December... It's a realistic goal against mostly inferior opponents and winnable games. Anything less will require changes.

I also think, giving Rudy T five years was too many.
leftymo

Postby PurpleNGold1 on Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:45 pm

If they're 2-3 games above .500 by the end of December, is that ok?
that be very dissapointing
PurpleNGold1

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday