Wed. 12/1 @ Bulls - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby lavenderAC on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:04 pm

GameCockMD wrote:I just read like 5 of the last 18 pages and not ONE person touched on the real issue...

We just didn't hit shots...we had open shots...we took open shots...we missed open shots...

You can't expect to win every game if your PG doesn't do anything but jack up 3's...

You can't expect to win if Kobe has to create all of his shots...create shots for everybody else (the PG's job), and play good DEFENSE...

You can't be a jump shooting team if your team shoots under 35%...

You can't expect to win every game on the 3 pt shot unless you have at least 3 people who shoot 40% or better from 3...

We are going to be worse than LAC w/o another playmaker...

We are going to be worse than SAC w/o developing some chemistry...

And we DEFINATELY will be worse than PHO if LO or Mihm doesn't pull his head out of his butt...

So yes...we will win some games...but w/o some major changes at PG, we won't be a threat to any team (good or bad) as evidenced tonight...

You guys think I'm crazy for talking about PG so much but look how much better PHO is after they picked up NASH!!!

There is not 1 good team in the NBA that doesn't have a good PG...

And we never established a post game...we are a doughnut...this team must run b/c it is not setup for HALFCOURT OFFENSE!!!! Kobe going 1-on-1 does not equal a set play...

FIND A GOOD POINT GUARD OR FORFEIT THE REST OF THE SEASON...DON'T BET ON THE PLAYOFFS...DON'T EXPECT TO BLOWOUT ANY TEAM...DON'T PLAN ON ENJOYING THIS SEASON...

Too bad they decided to dumped GP, eh? A good PG is hard to find. Look at Suns now that they have Nash or Cleveland since they had Mcinnes, and Houston right now without a decent PG.
lavenderAC

Postby leftymo on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:09 pm

lavenderAC wrote:
GameCockMD wrote:I just read like 5 of the last 18 pages and not ONE person touched on the real issue...

We just didn't hit shots...we had open shots...we took open shots...we missed open shots...

You can't expect to win every game if your PG doesn't do anything but jack up 3's...

You can't expect to win if Kobe has to create all of his shots...create shots for everybody else (the PG's job), and play good DEFENSE...

You can't expect to win every game on the 3 pt shot unless you have at least 3 people who shoot 40% or better from 3...

And we DEFINATELY will be worse than PHO if LO or Mihm doesn't pull his head out of his butt...

So yes...we will win some games...but w/o some major changes at PG, we won't be a threat to any team (good or bad) as evidenced tonight...

You guys think I'm crazy for talking about PG so much but look how much better PHO is after they picked up NASH!!!

And we never established a post game...we are a doughnut...this team must run b/c it is not setup for HALFCOURT OFFENSE!!!! Kobe going 1-on-1 does not equal a set play...

FIND A GOOD POINT GUARD OR FORFEIT THE REST OF THE SEASON...DON'T BET ON THE PLAYOFFS...DON'T EXPECT TO BLOWOUT ANY TEAM...DON'T PLAN ON ENJOYING THIS SEASON...

Too bad they decided to dumped GP, eh? A good PG is hard to find. Look at Suns now that they have Nash or Cleveland since they had Mcinnes, and Houston right now without a decent PG.

Well, they made that deal for two reasons. 1) to acquire players that will be around for the next few years and 2) to get a young bigman in chris mihm.

They obviously downgraded at the PG position...
leftymo

Postby lavenderAC on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:22 pm

leftymo wrote:
lavenderAC wrote:

Well, they made that deal for two reasons. 1) to acquire players that will be around for the next few years and 2) to get a young bigman in chris mihm.

They obviously downgraded at the PG position...

I am impressed with Mihm and I think he has a chance to be a very good player. But right now, they seriously need a decent PG. Atkin and Brown obviously sux at it. Its frustrating to see Brown running to the hoop EVERY single play. What is up with that kid? They need a PG to handle the ball and find easy shots. Kobe should NOT constantly have the ball in his hand. The reason why Kobe always have to create his own shots and work hard for it is because he is always the one to initiate everything. Whether finding the open man or take it himself. The lakers need to have a PG to handle the ball on the court and make plays for Kobe.
lavenderAC

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:40 pm

damn, another laker lost during back-to-back games...
i enjoyed most of the game tho.. except the final 3 minutes.. or 2..
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby lakerfool on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:46 pm

purple_and_gold_fever wrote:damn, another laker lost during back-to-back games...

enjoying the panic from all these guys purple???

It's just comedy :man10:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:48 pm

lakerfool wrote:
purple_and_gold_fever wrote:damn, another laker lost during back-to-back games...

:man10: .. no.. cuz it was a close game, and it was fun to watch how the lakers came back and almost won the game... :man11:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby lakerfool on Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:55 pm

purple_and_gold_fever wrote:
lakerfool wrote:

:man10: .. no.. cuz it was a close game, and it was fun to watch how the lakers came back and almost won the game... :man11:

take a look at the Lakers Discussion board...it's amazing...

We got a 9-7 record, and people are calling us garbage...where's Guru to shut them up when you need him!
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby ZenMaster4President on Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:03 pm

Do it yourself, lakerfool :man1:

I am personally getting pretty tired of leftymo's so called realistic view.
( no offense ). I tend not to post much lately exactly because of this - to much controversy to discuss - i'm getting too old for that
:man11:

I want to remind you something:

this a REBUILDING year and unless we go 30 - 52 or some other figure below .500 it will be a succesfull season by me. This is a learning process for a very young young team where everybody, starting from the leader, has a target on their back for different reasons. And the team as the whole has it too, cause its LAKERS. So chill and stop getting histerical.
You all act as if Mihm and Atkins were supposed to be Kareem and Magic and it didn't pan out. Enjoy the positives - there are crucifido and realdbneal who'll help you with that.
Pau Gasol yesterday morning when asked about Dwight Howard: "I haven't called. Calls are expensive."
ZenMaster4President

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:06 pm

lakerfool wrote:
lakerfool wrote:

We got a 9-7 record, and people are calling us garbage...where's Guru to shut them up when you need him!

i know... :bang:
i think we're doin ok for a team that is still rebuilding...

go lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby LakeShizow on Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:08 pm

lakerfool wrote:
lakerfool wrote:

I don't think this is panic at all. It's just disgust. I don't think most people here are throwing in the towel. Regardless of a decent 9-7 record, watching us launch 3's all day long is not the type of Laker game I like to watch. The "live and die" by the 3's type of offense is not the way to go for a "growing" team. Lakers have yet to address/demonstrate that they are aware of the late starts in running the offense (causing forced shots). Lakers have digressed from sharp passing/cutting to basket/execution they've been working early on and seem to have resorted to pick and pop 3's (50%) of time and Kobe penetrate, pick up two or three defenders with him, and dish for a chucky 3 attempt (other 50% of time).
LakeShizow

Postby Supastas on Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:48 pm

I kind of wonder how it would be if we lost the Milwaukee game and won this game. I don't think people would be overreacting like this. The result is the same 1-1. As much as I am dispointed with this loss, the win in Milwakee makes it a little easier to take. In the thread where we predicted the record in the second ten games I predicted 7-3 and thinking they might lose one on this road trip. Nothing's changed, I'll stick with the 7-3 prediction giving us a 12-8 record after 20. So far we're 4-2 with the next three of four being home games and the road game @Clippers.

Golden State
Phoenix
@L.A. Clippers
Orlando

I think we can still go 3-1 over these next four and make that 7-3 goal.
Last edited by Supastas on Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Supastas

Postby leftymo on Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:04 am

ZenMaster4President wrote:Do it yourself, lakerfool :man1:

I am personally getting pretty tired of leftymo's so called realistic view.
( no offense ). I tend not to post much lately exactly because of this - to much controversy to discuss - i'm getting too old for that
:man11:

I want to remind you something:

this a REBUILDING year and unless we go 30 - 52 or some other figure below .500 it will be a succesfull season by me. This is a learning process for a very young young team where everybody, starting from the leader, has a target on their back for different reasons. And the team as the whole has it too, cause its LAKERS. So chill and stop getting histerical.
You all act as if Mihm and Atkins were supposed to be Kareem and Magic and it didn't pan out. Enjoy the positives - there are crucifido and realdbneal who'll help you with that.

I think its a mindset. If we truly are rebuilding, then I want them to go 30-52, heck I want them to do worse. You need good players to rebuild. And what other way to get a top tier draft pick. How do you think San Antonio got so good? Tim Duncan didn't come with the 28th pick in the draft. Same goes for Shaq, Garnett, etc...

Obviously you can see by my frustration, its 2 am here in the east coast, and I'm still furious about this loss. I want them to win, my mindset was, this team has the talent depth and veterans to make a strong playoff push. With Karl Malone it could be the #3 seed in the west. Add a coach that has more championships than any other NBA coach in the league, along with bringing along the starting front court from a #4 seed last year, and you can see why a 10th seed performance after a month into the season is disappointing.

So, maybe I should expect less. They are rebuilding. But if they truly are rebuilding, then why even bother playing Vlade? Why even bother signing Malone? They should activate Sasha immediately. The last thing I want to see is, two years from now, having sasha making silly mistakes b/c he didn't get the PT when the Lakers were sorry (now).

Right now we'd have the 10-11th pick in the draft. If the team is truly rebuilding, then we should get a high draft pick. What's wrong with that?

And why hire Rudy T? Especially now? It should be someone more like Del Harris, and then when its time to take it to the next level, get Rudy T.
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:07 am

lakerfool wrote:
lakerfool wrote:

If the 10th seed in the west isn't garbage, I'd hate to think of what the other 9 teams are... the greatest ever?
leftymo

Postby gill on Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:15 am

lakerfool wrote:
lakerfool wrote:

I don't think this is panic. This is more frustration and I don't blame anyone who's pissed off right now. You expect them to win against the lowly Bulls, a team that's 1-10 before they played tonight. Then you couple with the fact that the Lakers had more versatile players than those guys and see them fall?

That's what's unacceptable. I could accept this loss if it was against the top elite teams like the Spurs or ... but my god, this is the Bulls!!! Panic or not, people have the right to be pissed off and criticize the team.
gill

Postby kobe6962 on Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:42 am

gill wrote:
lakerfool wrote:
lakerfool wrote:

I don't think this is panic. This is more frustration and I don't blame anyone who's pissed off right now. You expect them to win against the lowly Bulls, a team that's 1-10 before they played tonight. Then you couple with the fact that the Lakers had more versatile players than those guys and see them fall?

That's what's unacceptable. I could accept this loss if it was against the top elite teams like the Spurs or ... but my god, this is the Bulls!!! Panic or not, people have the right to be pissed off and criticize the team.

DAMN RIGHT!! There is nothing positive to losing to the Bulls nothing positive at all. Just a crock of [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]
Officially done with ClubLakers. Its too much of a freaking circus for my taste. I wont ever be back and all of you can shove it.

No matter how many times a certain person sends me a message I am done so keep begging I am not coming back you know who you are!
kobe6962

Postby Shaq Fan on Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:42 pm

WOW what happened to the LA Bryants?

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Real Deal on Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:09 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:WOW what happened to the LA Bryants?

Something similar to what happened with the Miami Haslems against the Raptors.
Real Deal

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:57 pm

they got caught stealing the cookie from the cookie jar...
Last edited by purple_and_gold_fever on Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby Showtime.Revival.05 on Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:27 pm

the heat lost to the raptors even when shaq played well...now thats depth
Showtime.Revival.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby leftymo on Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:40 pm

gill wrote:
lakerfool wrote:
lakerfool wrote:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

As if people are supposed to be happy or dismiss laker losses. Some of us are sore losers, we don't like to lose...at anything. And it probably says more about me, when i can't sleep after laker defeats, that I spend an additional 4 hours on message boards venting and expressing my frustration at an inexcusable loss. If this was a road game on a back to back against San Antonio... That's a no brainer... if they win that's something to get really excited about, but a loss is almost certain if not inevitable.

But the bulls... i mean, if there was ONE back to back set this year that the Lakers COULD sweep, it was that one!

I don't watch Lakers basketball as entertainment, and if they win i cheer, and if they lose, i still cheer and don't care. I do care... live & die with this team...
leftymo

Postby TalkieWalkie on Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:17 am

Believe me man... I get so stressed out when I think about losses like this that I just find it better to NOT DWELL ON IT.

Lefty... what if the players were like you and they dwell on this loss? How good would that do for them.

I agree with all your frustrations cause the fact is I am just as frustrated as you. But in the interests of keeping good spirit, I am not gonna dwell on it. This isn't the first time the Lakers lost to a team like the Bulls and it won't be the last by any stretch... but the thing we have to learn is GAMES LIKE THIS HAPPEN...and we will have to get used to it. No one here thinks otherwise. Its just some of us would rather forget about it. If I was Jerry Buss or Mitch Cupchek, then yea... maybe I would be running around and pulling my hair out cause this is my job and my money. But I am a FAN... and fans can only pull their hair out so much.

I am not saying you should quit your venting about it.. cause thats your thing... but please understand if some of us other Laker fans don't wanna beat our brains in over bad losses.

The fact is the game was the Lakers to lose and loseing to the Bulls doesn't all of the sudden make them a bad team. They did afterall beat the Bucks the night before, we are without toughness in the middle with Grant out. Its understandable. The REASON WE LOST was Tyson Chandler and Eddie Curry combining 28 points and 28 rebounds on us... Every bad team has a good game... and every good team has a bad game. This was their good game and our bad game.

What this loss exposes is the LACK OF INSIDE PLAY. Chandler came out and surprised a depleted Laker front-court.

Cook, Caron, Atkin, and Mhim didnt step up... you could see the looks in all their faces from the tipoff.. it was a SLOW GAME... no fast breaks.

See I can go on and on about how and why we lost... it just doesn't help. You get yourself really upset... you can only go so far ya know?

I guess you like feeling upset so if you are comfortable with venting it on us, thats fine by me.

P.S.: You mentioned in another thread that it was the first time I have givien you a compliment.

Well FRANKLY I have only been on this site for a month... I haven't really talked to you before but I do read your posts and agree with ALL OF THEM cause you got all the facts straight...accurate and legit.

Just forgive me if I don't like to dwell on the losses...
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday