Wed. 11/17 vs. Clippers Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby IpracticeKobeMoves on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:52 am

it's going to be a fun game to watch... corey and kobe... lamar and elton... kaman against mihm? insane insane!!! hopefully it's a close game and the lakers pull it out and win the game... the clips are undoubtedly much improved this year so i hope the lakers don't take them too lightly

eat sleep watch lakers.
IpracticeKobeMoves

Postby Neener on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:54 am

Realm of Shadows wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Yeah, some of the people here are down right haters

*Raises hand* Yes I hate the C"li"ppers, why they haven't been booted from L.A is beyond me.

Its so funny how we have the greatest franchise in LA and also the worst in all sports. I was disappointed when the Clippers got a new contract from Staples. They really need to move to a different city.

GO LAKERS!!!
Neener

Postby KB24 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:08 am

For me there is one important question! Who is going to defend Jaric! He had 25/7/8 against Alston because this guy is small! What about the diet? He will be burned!5-11" to 6-7"! I think in this game its time to let Butler defending Jaric! Kobe defending Maggette! Simmons is easyer to defend than Jaric! I think Butler is going to have a big night!

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Cleansed on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:09 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Suntzu wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Suntzu wrote:Lets hope Chucky has some vet tricks up his sleeve and Lamar can contain Elton.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

I want to argue. I want to fight. But logic tells me you might be right.

Ill still wager that Chucky will cause some disruption in the Rook's game and LO will give Brand something to work with ...even if its just due to motivation via playing his old team. If he tanks in his assignment then so be it. Bring on Grant and Mihm.

None the less..i think LO gave TD some problems here and there (quickness , etc.) so i expect Brand to be solid but a notch below his usual self...which is 2 notches below TD (barely). The counter argument is one could say Brand is more of a banger than TD and will wear LO out. Id counter and say LO will force Brand out a touch and tire him out with his quickness. I expect EB to lose the board battle as well.

Lakers win regardless

I'm confused. Who are you arguing with: me or yourself? :man3: :man11:

What can i say...my LA heart is torn. I supported the Clips when they were losing (even against the Lakers because i knew deep down they would lose) and now that they have a legitimate chance of WINNING.....im really trying to find their weakness.

None the less i stand by my last post. Lakers win..regardless of all said.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby shizZ on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:33 pm

KB8 till infinity wrote:For me there is one important question! Who is going to defend Jaric! He had 25/7/8 against Alston because this guy is small! What about the diet? He will be burned!5-11" to 6-7"! I think in this game its time to let Butler defending Jaric! Kobe defending Maggette! Simmons is easyer to defend than Jaric! I think Butler is going to have a big night!

People are tottaly over rating the clips win against the raptors last night, i watched most of the game, and turned it off in disgust.. if the lakers play well, they will WIN
shizZ

Postby Shaq Fan on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:35 pm

IS KOBE PLAYING TONIGHT???

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby Real Deal on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:37 pm

Image Image
Los Angeles Clippers (5-3) @ Los Angeles Lakers (4-4)

Previous Games:
Raptors @ Clippers 101-89 W
Lakers @ Rockets 84-79 W

Projected Starting Lineups
CLIPPERS
(Mike Dunleavy Sr.)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Marko Jaric, Corey Maggette, Bobby Simmons, Elton Brand, Chris Wilcox)
VS
LAKERS
(Rudy Tomjanovich)
ImageImageImageImageImage
(Chucky Atkins, Kobe Bryant, Caron Butler, Lamar Odom, Chris Mihm)

Factors off the Bench
ImageImage
(Rick Brunson, Brian Grant)

Game MVPs
ImageImage
(Corey Maggette, Lamar Odom)

Brandon's Analysis
The Clippers are doing surprisingly well this season, while the Lakers are struggling on the defensive end, and are doing everything possible to avoid careless turnovers.

The big question mark for the Lakers is Kobe Bryant, who has been using an electro-stimulator and many treatments for his left foot, after being diagnosed with plantar fasciitis a few games back. Expect Bryant to play less minutes tonight, while Odom attempts to carry the load for the first time this season.

With Kobe off the floor, Rudy T will have to make a big decision as to who will play the two guard...which will more than likely be Caron Butler, moving Odom down to SF and giving Brian Grant more playing time tonight against Brand. If the Clippers feed the ball into Brand, with Maggette's penetrations, this could be a long night for the Lakers.

On the defensive end, the Clippers will have to contain Odom, who will more than likely take advantage of Simmons. For the Lakers, Mihm will have to body Wilcox and keep the paint closed tonight (for Brand and Maggette also) for the Lakers to come away with the victory. Rebounding, on both sides of the ball, should play a huge factor in this game.

Brandon's Prediction
If Kobe plays 35 minutes and shoots over 45%, the Lakers should barely escape with a win. However, if Kareem Rush comes in for Kobe for half of the game, expect a low shooting percentage for the Lakers as a team, and the Clippers pull away with a 9-point victory.
Real Deal

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 17, 2004 3:20 pm

Here's an article in the Times about the in city rivalry.
LA Times: Great! Just what everyone around here always wanted:

A real city series.

It might not be as much fun as going deep into the playoffs, but, in case you missed it, this is a new era. The Lakers aren't quite as good anymore, and the Clippers aren't quite as bad.

You remember when Kobe Bryant said that the rivalries with the Kings and Spurs were over?

Well, this one's heating up.

"I don't know what the outcome is going to be," Clipper Coach Mike Dunleavy said Tuesday, "but I think we'll match up with them better with Shaquille gone."

Of course, most people preferred the old way, when this was a Laker town, the season didn't really start until April 15 and the "city series" was a figment of reporters' imagination, and then only if they needed an angle.

There was a lot of feeling but no rivalry. The Lakers were barely aware of the Clippers' existence, except during their four annual meetings when the Lakers showed them who was who, as when Shaquille O'Neal went for 61 against them in 2000 because, he said, they didn't give him enough tickets.

The Clippers would have loved to make it a rivalry, but they lost 27 of the 32 games in the Shaq-Kobe era.

The Lakers once won 16 in succession, going almost four years — March 3, 1997, to Jan. 7, 2001 — without losing to the Clippers.

Counting their interim guys, the Clippers had five coaches in the Shaq-Kobe era, and three of them came and went without beating the Lakers.

Chris Ford was here for two seasons — well, a lockout-shortened one and a Donald T. Sterling-shortened one — and was 0-7. His replacement, Jim Todd, was 0-1. Dennis Johnson, who replaced Alvin Gentry, was 0-2.

The Clippers' high point of the Shaq-Kobe era was 1996-97, when Bill Fitch was 2-2. After that, Fitch was known in the Clipper front office as "the Laker Slayer."

From the arrival of Shaq and Kobe in 1996 to O'Neal's departure, the Lakers were more celebrated every season. Meanwhile, the Clippers brought in a dozen exciting young players but managed to stay the Clippers.

There's no truth to the rumor that the FBI was using the Clippers for its witness-protection program, but it still wasn't easy being one of them.

"I think when you decided to be on the Lakers, you realize it's going to be a circus over there," said Eric Piatkowski, the longest-tenured Clipper of them all, after finally leaving last season.

"You're on the Lakers, you're in Los Angeles, you have Shaq and Kobe….

"You get numb to it, especially living in L.A. It's a different world. A lot of those guys love that spotlight. Guys on that team want to be movie stars. Guys want to be rappers. They love the spotlight. It doesn't seem to affect them at all."

Or, at least, it took a long time to affect them. When the Lakers finally blew up, the pieces went everywhere.

Last summer, Bryant almost — but not quite — became a Clipper.

For months, we were looking at — and some of the principals were dreaming about — the mother of all city series: Kobe and the Clippers vs. Shaq and the Lakers.

Bryant was interested in the Clippers, and everyone knew it. Laker General Manager Mitch Kupchak and Dunleavy, who were good friends from their Laker days together in the early '90s, even joked about it.

Kupchak would ask what the deal was. Dunleavy would say, on July 1, our arms are going to be wide open and we're just hoping he runs into them.

In July, Bryant said he intended to become a Clipper, but Jerry Buss headed him off at the pass.

We can only speculate on what would have happened if Bryant had gone to the Clippers, with their better, bigger, younger supporting cast.

It would have been disorienting, to say the least, with local fans forced to reconsider their loyalties. Many would have stayed with the Lakers, if only out of habit and to protect their seat locations.

Even so, the Clippers would have picked up several thousand season-ticket holders before they could print up new prices, with the newcomers delighted to learn they could buy two from the Clippers for the price of one for the Lakers. Kobe and an exciting young team, at a discount!

Anyway, a new chapter starts tonight.

"Oh, yeah, without a doubt, we're looking forward to it," Elton Brand said. "We've got similar records…. It's been very one-sided, but we think we have a team that matches up well with them."

Said Dunleavy: "There are no bonus points for us. Of course, there's going to be a buzz around town, but the rest of the league doesn't care if we beat the Lakers or not."

And, for a change, no one knows how it's going to turn out.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby TalkieWalkie on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:01 pm

I think this game is more important than anyone of us wants it to be. This is a crossroads game for the city of L.A. that will dictate a pace for the rest of the season:

Is this the rising of one sun and the setting of another?
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby G|B|G|B on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:17 pm

:jam2: go lakers :jam2:
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:18 pm

Well I'm going to a Halo 2 LAN party today, hopefully I won't miss much of the game.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:27 pm

kobe mite not play..[url]http://www.nba.com/games/20041117/LACLAL/preview.html

Lakers' superstar Kobe Bryant may have to sit out the contest with plantar fasciitis in his left foot.
[/url]

Postby scottiep1013 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:29 pm

I think he's gonna try to play. And play off how he's feeling.
scottiep1013

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:34 pm

great

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:35 pm

:man5: I wanted Kobe to play.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:36 pm

you know kobe is gonna strap up and play...... :jam2:
MarkMadsen

Postby MarkMadsen on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:38 pm

oh yea , anyone know if slava is gonna play tonight? I just wanna to see Slava shut down Brand with his incredible defense.
MarkMadsen

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:42 pm

MarkMadsen wrote:oh yea , anyone know if slava is gonna play tonight? I just wanna to see Slava shut down Brand with his incredible defense.

Being Slava's #1 fan, I doubt Brand has a chance.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Real Deal on Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:07 pm

Kobe will play.
Real Deal

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:21 pm

lets go lakers!!!!!! :jam2: :jam2:
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby GuyverX on Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:46 pm

Oh crap! Slava's going to shut down Brand. He may even break Brand's ankles with a killer crossover even AI would be jealous of. :panic2:

What do you guys think...Slava with 27/14 5 assists, 3 blocks and 2 steals? :wow:

Seriously, if the Clippers play like they've been playing over the last 7 games, the Lakers will have their hands full. And if Kobe isn't going to be himself tonight, Clippers will win.
GuyverX

Postby Triumph Jelani on Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:13 pm

The Clippers may be too physical for the Lakers. If Livingston abuses Chucky, Imma :man6:
Triumph Jelani

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:48 pm

I've got my tickets for tonight :man1:

I'm going to leave in about 15 minutes.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:54 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:I've got my tickets for tonight :man1:

I'm going to leave in about 15 minutes.

You lucky S.O.B.

Have a great time, root for the Lakers as loud as you can, and if given the chance...kick George.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby yanix on Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:41 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:no, its called ESPNand it rules :jam2: :jam2:

Shaq Fan aka dumbass mofo :bang:
yanix

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday