Wed. 11/17 vs. Clippers Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:27 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Mihm is due for another good game.... 20 pts. 10 reb. 5 blks... C'mon Chris prove me right!!!

The way Wilcox/Brand are playing? It won't happen tomorow.

Yeah..

Did he score 20, 10, and 5? No. Did I say he would suck? No. Did I say with the way Wilcox and Brand are playing (currently) it wouldn't happen.

Good job..

Clippers had nothing to lose with this game, but I'm very disappointed in Corey Maggette and their lack of intensity.

Those are my own predicted numbers.. Mihm had a good game against Brand/Wilcox. End of story.

Mihm did have a great game, next time just don't go assuming things you thought I said:

You were the one who wrote Mihm would do nothing in this game because of Brand and Wilcox

End of story.
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:30 pm

Yes! Lakers won! :bow:
Kobe played very good 23 points and 11 assists!
KOBE 4 MVP!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby Supastas on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:30 pm

Great game by the Lakers! It's amazing how Kobe can really rack up those assists when guys are hitting their shots! The only knock is that he was leaving Corey Maggette open from the perimeter all night, and he burned him with those quick 7 points in a row. I really don't understand that, it seems he baits guys to take shots from the perimeter, and actually it worked on Maggette who took a lot shots he didn't want to, but sometimes it really burns him. Other then that it was a great all-around game by Kobe, the type that even the critics would have trouble finding fault in.

Chucky Atkins played great tonight, and actually seemed to get what he wanted from his last interview, to make some plays when the Lakers have a nice lead. It certainly worked out well for him tonight! Luke Walton finally came in and looked like the Luke that got people excited about him last season. Brian Grant continues to be solid, and Caron Butler got a sneaky quiet 15 points. Chris Mihm was great early with 15 pts mostly in the first quarter. Only Lamar couldn't really get it going, but still had a decent 11 pts 6 reb outing. Hopefully the Lakers will take this kind of team effort into Phoenix Friday, and get an important W against a division rival!
Last edited by Supastas on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supastas

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:31 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Mihm is due for another good game.... 20 pts. 10 reb. 5 blks... C'mon Chris prove me right!!!

Yeah..

Did he score 20, 10, and 5? No. Did I say he would suck? No. Did I say with the way Wilcox and Brand are playing (currently) it wouldn't happen.

Good job..

Clippers had nothing to lose with this game, but I'm very disappointed in Corey Maggette and their lack of intensity.

Those are my own predicted numbers.. Mihm had a good game against Brand/Wilcox. End of story.

Mihm did have a great game, next time just don't go assuming things you thought I said:

You were the one who wrote Mihm would do nothing in this game because of Brand and Wilcox

End of story.

Until the next Clipper-Laker that is..
KareemTheGreat33

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:33 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:

Yeah..

Good job..

End of story.

Both teams should be fully healthy by then.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:36 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:

Yeah..

Good job..

End of story.

Both teams should be fully healthy by then.

Hopefully...I want this to be a true crosstown rivalry (my cousin is a Clipper's fan, too. Here in the Philippines since the 88 with Manning :man4: a very rare thing anywhere..)
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:02 am

haha...if you closely watch the video of the atkins-kobe oop, you can see they both traveled.... :man10: :man10: :man10: ....nice dunk though....

Postby Kb8theGreat on Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:29 am

Check the sig...the no name who was guarding kobe got put on a poster.
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:31 am

RHCP wrote:I was at the game baby! I saw LD2k on the big monitor and I went crazy after that alley oop

You saw me? Are you sure it was me? I didn't see me haha!
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Furious D on Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:34 am

That was good game. Lakers really broke out in the 4th totally dominating the Clips. Heres some stats.

Lakers - 51% FG, 5/16 3pt, 20/24 FT, 7 off. rebounds, 37 rebounds, 24 assists, 14 TO, 11 steals, 8 blocks, 15 fouls

Clippers - 41% FG, 4/12 3pt, 9/11 FT, 16 off. rebounds, 40 rebounds, 23 assists, 16 TO, 7 steals, 3 blocks, 23 fouls

The Lakers lost in the rebounding department but made up for it with their defense holding the Clippers to only 41% shooting. They were clearly the more agressive team by being fouled 23 times and shooting 24 free throws.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby gill on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:46 am

I just saw the highlights... that was a sick dunk... I think the ball didn't even touch the floor during that transition.

AND LUKE NEEDS MORE PLAYING TIME INSTEAD OF COOK!!!
gill

Postby GuRu on Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:29 am

wow...someone is bitter about a Clipper loss... :man1:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby yanix on Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:38 am

that play with kobe and chucky was sick!!! the ball didnt even touch the floor!! :jam2:
yanix

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 18, 2004 11:13 am

yanix wrote:that play with kobe and chucky was sick!!! the ball didnt even touch the floor!! :jam2:

I can't recall the last time a fast break was done from a rebound from the oppositions basket, and then, without the ball touching the floor, ending up in a sick alley oop like that.

That was one of the sickest Alley Oops ever!
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby yanix on Thu Nov 18, 2004 1:02 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
yanix wrote:that play with kobe and chucky was sick!!! the ball didnt even touch the floor!! :jam2:

I can't recall the last time a fast break was done from a rebound from the oppositions basket, and then, without the ball touching the floor, ending up in a sick alley oop like that.

exactly!! i never seen that play in the nba before. at first i never thought it was possible but then kobe and chucky proved me wrong! :jam2:
yanix

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:03 pm

GuRu wrote:wow...someone is bitter about a Clipper loss... :man1:

Of course I am. They played like last year. This wasn't the same Clipper team blowing out opponents and holding their team to 40% and shooting above 50%. Corey Maggette went back to his oldself instead of getting his team mates involved all season, and Marko Jaric had terrific games and went 1-7 last night.

Regardless of all that crap, Lakers won and that's all that matters. I'm looking forward to December 7th when both teams should have their full roster.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:10 am

yanix wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

exactly!! i never seen that play in the nba before. at first i never thought it was possible but then kobe and chucky proved me wrong! :jam2:

Going up and down the court without bouncing the ball on the floor is a coaches drill. Coaches dream for plays like that, it was just beautiful!
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby TalkieWalkie on Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:18 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
GuRu wrote:wow...someone is bitter about a Clipper loss... :man1:

Regardless of all that crap, Lakers won and that's all that matters. I'm looking forward to December 7th when both teams should have their full roster.

FINALLY you give the LAKERS credit for the win instead of drinking that "We beat ourselves" or "Corey sabotaged us" koolade....

:pd:
If on the morrow of the revolution, the masses of the people have only phrases at their service, if they do not recognize, by clear and blinding facts, that the situation has been transformed to their advantage, if the overthrow ends only in a change of persons and forumlae, nothing will have been acheived. -Peter Kropotkin
TalkieWalkie

Postby GuyverX on Fri Nov 19, 2004 1:47 pm

Lakers played well agains the Clippers. And I was right...if Kobe played like Kobe (which he did) the Lakers would win. I was expecting the Clippers to play the same way they played the last 5 games or so, but I guess they just felt too much pressure to beat the Lakers. I have no idea what happened to Maggette. He just turned into the old Maggette overnight...only 3 free throw attempts for him. That pretty much says it all. Brand looked like he was dragging his foot the whole game and Stu pointed it out in the play by play.

I just wished the Clippers had played like they did the night before, but the Lakers played well and took advantage of their open shots. I was depressed as hell, but the Lakers earned the win.
GuyverX

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight