Wed. 11/17 vs. Clippers Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:16 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:But none the less, great post!

Seriously... these two teams are similar in alot of ways (on paper).

sure buddy...

Look at the chart you posted, you're telling me the Lakers aren't close for the most part?
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby GuyverX on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:17 am

From what I've seen of both teams, the Clippers look like the better team so far. Their confidence after pretty much blowing out the Raptors, and coming back from a 23 point deficit on the road against Chicago to win will carry over. Kobe is not in perfect condition either...Clippers have the edge and should win this game.
GuyverX

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:19 am

GuyverX wrote:From what I've seen of both teams, the Clippers look like the better team so far. Their confidence after pretty much blowing out the Raptors, and coming back from a 23 point deficit on the road against Chicago to win will carry over. Kobe is not in perfect condition either...Clippers have the edge and should win this game.

I agree.

Unless Odom AND Butler show up big, the Lakers will lose this one.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:20 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:But none the less, great post!

Seriously... these two teams are similar in alot of ways (on paper).

sure buddy...

Look at the chart you posted, you're telling me the Lakers aren't close for the most part?

In only a few categories, the Clippers are ahead of for the most part.

If you don't want me to go my stats, then what can I go by? I guess mentioning being the only team to beat the Sonics and blowing them out doesn't matter because it's a stat? How about going into double ot with the pistons or coming back from 24 points down to win the game. or beating a great raptors team and lead as much as 26 or beat an even better pacers team by 30+? or players who usually come off the bench are averaging 15+ ppg and 5+ rpg? 2 starters not even playing yet. all those stats aren't worth mentioning?
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:43 am

GuyverX wrote:From what I've seen of both teams, the Clippers look like the better team so far. Their confidence after pretty much blowing out the Raptors, and coming back from a 23 point deficit on the road against Chicago to win will carry over. Kobe is not in perfect condition either...Clippers have the edge and should win this game.

I agree.

Lamar is bent on payback!!! :man1:

He'll have an inspired game tommorow...
Last edited by KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
KareemTheGreat33

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:45 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:

I agree.

Lamar is vent on payback!!! :man1:

Payback for what?
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:48 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:

I agree.

Payback for what?

For the comments against his person by Elgin when they did not match the Heat offer...
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Cleansed on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:49 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Suntzu wrote:Lets hope Chucky has some vet tricks up his sleeve and Lamar can contain Elton.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

I want to argue. I want to fight. But logic tells me you might be right.

Ill still wager that Chucky will cause some disruption in the Rook's game and LO will give Brand something to work with ...even if its just due to motivation via playing his old team. If he tanks in his assignment then so be it. Bring on Grant and Mihm.

None the less..i think LO gave TD some problems here and there (quickness , etc.) so i expect Brand to be solid but a notch below his usual self...which is 2 notches below TD (barely). The counter argument is one could say Brand is more of abanger than TD and will wear LO out. Id counter and say LO will force Brand out a touch adtire him out withhs quickness. I expect EB to lose the board battle as well.

Lakers win regardless
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:50 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:

I agree.

Payback for what?

For the comments against his person by Elgin when they did not match the Heat offer...

lol, nice payback. comments that were totally true and it's lamars own fault.. thanks lamar for screwing us.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:51 am

Suntzu wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Suntzu wrote:Lets hope Chucky has some vet tricks up his sleeve and Lamar can contain Elton.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

I want to argue. I want to fight. But logic tells me you might be right.

Ill still wager that Chucky will cause some disruption in the Rook's game and LO will give Brand something to work with ...even if its just due to motivation via playing his old team. If he tanks in his assignment then so be it. Bring on Grant and Mihm.

None the less..i think LO gave TD some problems here and there (quickness , etc.) so i expect Brand to be solid but a notch below his usual self...which is 2 notches below TD (barely). The counter argument is one could say Brand is more of abanger than TD and will wear LO out. Id counter and say LO will force Brand out a touch adtire him out withhs quickness. I expect EB to lose the board battle as well.

Lakers win regardless

I'm confused. Who are you arguing with: me or yourself? :man3: :man11:
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:02 am

:man10:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:03 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:lol, nice payback. comments that were totally true and it's lamars own fault.. thanks lamar for screwing us.

Well, Baylor's comments were unnecessary and hurtful againts a player they were gonna let go, anyway.

I know Lamar made some mistakes and obviously learned from them... This is the game that he'll show the Clips that they made a big mistake in not giving him the chance to stay (not that he wanted to :man1: )..
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:05 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:lol, nice payback. comments that were totally true and it's lamars own fault.. thanks lamar for screwing us.

Well, Baylor's comments were unnecessary and hurtful againts a player they were gonna let go, anyway.

I know Lamar made some mistakes and obviously learned from them... This is the game that he'll show the Clips that they made a big mistake in not giving him the chance to stay (not that he wanted to :man1: )..

:lo:
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:07 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:

unnecessary and hurtful? you have no idea what it's like going through what lamar did to the clippers. think about it, would you think its unnecessary and hurtful if lamar was your star player, and he's "injured" all the time and he gets suspended for his drugs and you're counting on him to lead your team? what kind of leadership is that. that is unnecessary and hurtful. lamar scrotom is scum.

i can't even believe im hearing this how the clippers were wrong, and lamar odom is right. seriously dont talk if you dont know the situation and you're the one on the short end of the stick. that was the best move in clippers history to get rid of that cancer.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby GuyverX on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:20 am

Odom's comments about the Clippers in the Miami papers were uncalled for...but then again, Elgin Baylor probably shouldn't have aired the dirty laundry publicly either (character issues).

The fact of the matter is, at the time, Lamar wasn't worth the money Miami paid him. He was injury-prone and unproven. It wasn't until after the Clippers let him go did he turn into a better rebounder and an improved player overall. The Clips didn't think he deserved the money he was asking for and they gave him a 2 or 3 year deal...definitely not the money Miami gave him. Would Odom have his break out year has the Clippers re-signed him? Probably not. I think he needed the change of scenery and some added motivation to play better.

I don't think either side handled it properly, but nevertheless, Odom is just a memory in Clipperland.
GuyverX

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:36 am

GuyverX wrote:Odom's comments about the Clippers in the Miami papers were uncalled for...but then again, Elgin Baylor probably shouldn't have aired the dirty laundry publicly either (character issues).

The fact of the matter is, at the time, Lamar wasn't worth the money Miami paid him. He was injury-prone and unproven. It wasn't until after the Clippers let him go did he turn into a better rebounder and an improved player overall. The Clips didn't think he deserved the money he was asking for and they gave him a 2 or 3 year deal...definitely not the money Miami gave him. Would Odom have his break out year has the Clippers re-signed him? Probably not. I think he needed the change of scenery and some added motivation to play better.

I don't think either side handled it properly, but nevertheless, Odom is just a memory in Clipperland.

Some man, you're from CT right? Great response, but I don't think Elgin aired the dirty laundry in public at all. Lamar Odom brought it on himself and its his fault that the public knows about his problem, not Elgin's. You should post here more.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Neener on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:48 am

I'm sure Lamar was happy to get away from the worst franchise in all of sports...
Neener

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:51 am

Elton Brand on the Clippers' attitude this season:
“We have a big attitude change [this season]. We feel we can win every night and we’ve thought differently about ourselves since day one.�
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:51 am

Neener wrote:I'm sure Lamar was happy to get away from the worst franchise in all of sports...

sad..can't even admit what lamar odom did with the clippers was wrong.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby GuyverX on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:51 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
Some man, you're from CT right? Great response, but I don't think Elgin aired the dirty laundry in public at all. Lamar Odom brought it on himself and its his fault that the public knows about his problem, not Elgin's. You should post here more.

Yeah, one in the same. :jam2: Who do you post as on CT, Gwhiz?

Odom just added to the uncertainty of the Clipper franchise. If he needs to use the the cirumstances by which he left the organization to motivate himself, then so be it. But it goes both ways; he initiated that bitter break up. The Clippers should be as motivated to beat Odom as he is to beat them.
Last edited by GuyverX on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
GuyverX

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:52 am

GuyverX wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:

Yeah, one in the same. :jam2: Who do you post as on CT, Gwhiz?

Odom just added to the uncertainty of the Clipper franchise. If he needs to use the the cirumstances by which he left the organization to motivate himself, then so be it. But it goes both ways; he initiated that bitter-sweet break up. The Clippers should be as motivated to beat Odom as he is to beat them.

I post at GWHiZ, I only posted a few times I believe. Post here more often man, have you seen my Clippers thread in NBA Discussion?
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby GuyverX on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:57 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:I post at GWHiZ, I only posted a few times I believe. Post here more often man, have you seen my Clippers thread in NBA Discussion?

Yeah, I knew I've seen that name somewhere. I've been reading this forum for a while. Glad to see the Clippers have a supporter on a Lakers board of all places. :beer: I know I've seen Dragan post here a lot too.
GuyverX

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:58 am

GuyverX wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:I post at GWHiZ, I only posted a few times I believe. Post here more often man, have you seen my Clippers thread in NBA Discussion?

Yeah, I knew I've seen that name somewhere. I've been reading this forum for a while. Glad to see the Clippers have a supporter on a Lakers board of all places. :beer:

Yeah, some of the people here are down right haters but it's not that bad. There are a few Laker fans here who don't mind the Clippers and actually watch some of the games like LukeWalton, KB8, RadronOmega, or Showtime. Anyway I'm going to bed, can't wait for tomorrow's game.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:03 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Yeah, some of the people here are down right haters

*Raises hand* Yes I hate the C"li"ppers, why they haven't been booted from L.A is beyond me.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby unpossibl1 on Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:33 am

This is gonna be a tough game...imagine if Kobe had gone to the Clips this summer....they would be title contenders! Should be interesting to see Caron/Maggette and Odom/Brand...it all is going to come down to which Laker team shows up and which Clipper team shows up :man1:
unpossibl1

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday