Wed. 12/28 vs. Griz - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:51 am

WE DESERVED TO LOSE!!!! That was the most pathetic game I've ever seen. One thing is for sure. The only consistant thing about this team is they consistantly know how to lose games they have in hand and should have won.

I have a few questions?

1. Why is Kobe in love with his jumper. He shoots it too much & does not go to the basket enough!

2. Cook has been shooting so well as of late. Why no playing time? How does Von Wafer get to play & Cook does not?

3. Lamar Odom - NEEDS TO BE TRADED before no one wants him anymore because he is worthless & will not amount to anything on this team. Use him to get Artest or go to another team even & get us a point guard who can defend & hit open shots & a decent power forward, like a Kenyon Martin.

4. Hate me if you want to. But Smush or Sasha has to go. I"m tired of seeing point guards get layups & consistantly burn us

I HATE IT WHEN I"M RIGHT> THE DOWNFALL HAS BEGUN!!!!!!
Lakerfantilidie

Postby Lakers1 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 am

i cried...[Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] YOU lRefs
okay wrote:I would throw Shaq in the fire as well. Maybe he could burn a calorie or two.

VerbalMilk wrote:
What would it take to get Joe Johnson?

Jesus.
Lakers1

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:54 am

This is the 4th game in a row that a PG has torched us.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby MrAdam on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:06 am

Jsm,
I disagree with you about Kwame, we already know he can't score the basketball. I will say that Kwame has played VERY well on the defensive end. He hustles and works hard at covering screen and rolls. Plus his rebounding is solid I think that's what LA brought him here for more than anything else.

Lamar is a problem. He actually tried to assert himelf in this game with no results. He is very timid and when he does attack the basket he finishes too soft at the rim. So relying on him as a second scorer is a wasted exercise, he can't get it done.

In the end, as I said earlier, Kobe lost this game. The Lakers were doing fine until the third when he began jacking up those shots. I'm just sick with him right now. 3 straight losses? The defense isn't the problem, it's the lack of ball movement on offense thanks to Kobe's selfishness.

I'm going to sleep!

Adam
MrAdam

Postby JSM on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:20 am

MrAdam wrote:Jsm,
I disagree with you about Kwame, we already know he can't score the basketball. I will say that Kwame has played VERY well on the defensive end. He hustles and works hard at covering screen and rolls. Plus his rebounding is solid I think that's what LA brought him here for more than anything else.

Good D against who? Gasol? Miller? Who? Stats say other wise.

And as far as rebounds, yeah...he's the next Rodman with rebounding. which is exactly why he only averages 5.9 rebounds in an average of 25 minutes a night. :man3: Kobe can get us that many rebounds.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby farhan810 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:28 am

Oh, man. No, Kobe did not lose this game by himself. You can't forget he did have a pair of consecutive threes and a few clutch shots to keep the Lakers in the game. Just please don't go on blaming any individual player. The team lost it together. No one really played a single lick of defense and their offense was horrendous beyond the first half.
Last edited by farhan810 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
WE BELIEVE.
farhan810

Postby KB24 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:28 am

jsm0331 wrote:I got another question...what the blue hell was Kwame's problem?

ZERO....yes ZERO points.

Beside stupidity his problem was 6-6, 214 lbs. and took every shot.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby lakerfool on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:35 am

If Odom shoots and misses, he's a traitor, should be traded

If Kobe shoots and misses, oh it's because Odom wasn't open for a better shot

Double standards are COMICAL baby :man10:
I SUPPORT THE WHOLE LAKER TEAM NOT JUST CERTAIN PLAYERS: (pm to join) slimjim, Realm of Shadows, KareemTheGreat33, Bballgirl85, DMK, strategos, Kobe#2, Kob3eight, jellyroll49, LALShowtime, Genius GZA, Shooter871, Juronimo
lakerfool

Postby DHL on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:38 am

OMG B-Scott (cl user) is on LakersLine

He was talking about the same old things that he talks about.. again

DWade and LeBron is better blah blah blah

I notice that he never calls in after a win . . .
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:40 am

KOBE DESERVES ALL THE CREDIT FOR TONIGHTS LOSS

I'm a big time Kobe fan. All year I have seen every game. He shoots too many jumpers. For a guy that has the ability to get to the basket at will & break the defense down at will............he settles for too many jumpers.

Kobe is the superstar & leader of this team. If he can't understand, what having a team in the penalty means, guys in foul trouble, a player tossed. All the advantages..........yet.........let me jack up another 30 footer........regardless of having no help at times, no one else being assertive................If he goes to the hole, he gets fouled or creates opportunities for others. This was dumb basketball tonight. I expect more out of our superstar. His basketball IQ has been questionable at times this year. Kobe is not above the rest of the team. He also makes mistakes, and he needs to own up to the fact that his leadership & basketball Iq has been off at times this year & it has cost us some games. No one person lost this tonight, but as true laker fans we have to own up to the fact that at times our superstar is not playing smart basketball. Thus it has cost us some games.

This may get locked. But it is the truth.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby farhan810 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:43 am

DIEHARDLAKER wrote:OMG B-Scott (cl user) is on LakersLine

:man4:

That's just sad.
WE BELIEVE.
farhan810

Postby bumrusherer on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:44 am

Kobe kind of angered me tonight.

i, for one, LOVE aggressive play, but he was that to a fault today. The fact that he had to get a cheap shot on Mike Miller, tells me that his mind wasnt on the game after he got that cut on his head.

Sasha going under a screen when we're down by 3 and Damon has the ball. That was kind of strange.

i dont like having to wait 4 days between laker games, but we really need these 4 days to re-group and get everything settled again.
bumrusherer

Postby Lakerfantilidie on Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:54 am

Do you think maybe just maybe if the rumor mill is true. The 3 team deal is to go down this week. Deavean is rumored to be going to Indy, Croshere is going to Toronto, Artest & Rose here. Toronto is to recieve another player from us. Do you think the other player is Cook? He didn't play tonight. He's been playing well as of late. Is it possible maybe trade goes down tomorrow. 3 days to work these guys in to the system before the next game? Just a thought..............I think the rumor is true.
Lakerfantilidie

Postby catlyke72 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:01 am

Don't know about the trade but I do know that Cook had the flu tonight from what was said on the pre-game show.
catlyke72

Postby shoe on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:02 am

WTF

this loss is ALL on Kobe....

37 SHOTS!!!

who the hell takes 37 shots in a game

and he was ice cold

13-37!!!

and he kept launching them too

What happened to this team...we were on a roll and now kobes back to his 35 shots a game routine and we're blowing double digit leads again,,,
shoe

Postby trmiv on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:03 am

Something has to be up with Cook. The guy was 15-22 from the field in his last three games, and doesn't even crack the lineup this game when the team could have used some offense. Either Phil went senile, or Cook is being traded. Just doesn't make sense.

Also, what's up with Sasha being in the game so long in crunch time? I was waiting....and waiting....and waiting.....for Phil to stick Smush back in.
trmiv

Postby KB24 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:04 am

hmmm

Why we lost? It was a collective blackout. Blaming only Kobe is damn exeggerated. Dude still has 45,/,4 and 2 steals 1 block and only 2 TOs. He was terrible but he can´t be the ONLY reason we lost.

OK I want to say something to everyone.

Kobe:
All it took was a little mind game from Mike Miller to make sure Kobe does everything possible to lose this game. How? Kobe wanted to prove he is the baddest and like almost everytime failed. He COMPLTELY ignored ALL teammates after 18 minutes. He was a selfish ballhog that killed the team. the guy simply makes terrible decisions down the stretch. period. 3rd straight game we had the chance to win at the end and third straight time we failed to do it because neither Kobe nor anybody else could stepp up. He had a hot stretch in the thrid in which he made 3 threes (3rd quarter) and a surge (late in overtime) but 24 misses is not just a bunch. When you take half of the teams shots you gotta do better than hitting 13 of em specially at home.
I want to see how much patience I have with him. He is hard to watch and I never thought I would want to bench him during the game because he hurts the team more than he helps. His missed FT, his clanks, his flagrant late in the game, his defense and most important his critical TO in overtime were killing us down the stretch.
I want to add he is the only guy that goes out as a warrior and fights to the bitter end even if he sucks. Its not ONLY him doing way too much, nobody else is interested to do anything.

Lamar:
Trade him for Artest damn it. The guy has no balls. He had 4 points and no assists after the first quarter. Thats bullcrap, period He just had a 3 and a FT in the last 3 quarters at home. He is never going to do what we need and we need scoring and defense more than we need Lamars rebounds and assists right now, you can be patient and think this time he will step up but the track record speaks volumes. He can step up but I don´t need someone who steps up 5 times a season, I need someone who can step up 50 times. He is great in a team that is already very good without him. I might add it was hard to do anything offensively with Kobes domination of the ball.

Luke
He is a TERRIBLE defender. Damn his reach ins and silly TOs make me wanna punch Jax and Crapcup for resigning him. he was the only guy from the bench that scored so some props for this game but over the season he is a waste of basketball IQ.

Mihm
was awesome when he played untill the last shot. he was banged up but came back and 15/11 on 7-12 shooting is really good. You can´t expect more, he also kept Gasol from doing damage untill late in the game.

Smush
What a turnaround. Where is the exciting hustler who gets the steals, runs the transition and throws it down hard. he missed a WIDE WIDE open finger roll and missed a dunk. And his defense was abysmal for the 4th consecutive game. Time to realize he is breaking down really bad. His lateral slowness is beyond obvious. He is more and more playing like the guy that got cut regularly. Lets hope he can pick up the slack, otherwise there is no chance we make the playoffs if PGs burn us like that every night.

Kwame:
Hustled, was active but played bad defense and had terrible TOs down the stretch. I was just freezed. He didn´t get any touches because he was constantly ignored.

Gump
played a great game on both ends. Dude hustled, made some great shots but missed his last 2 that were in the crunch.

Sasha
Thank you Sasha. You came in gave up 2 big threes to Stoudemire in the last minute and made the Memphis comeback possible specially with your 5 fouls that resulted in 6 FTs for reach ins.

OK all in all things I want to add why we lost
-4 defensive 3 seconds (4 MADE FTs) by Memphis. Are our bigmen (specially Kwame) that dumb? Hard to believe but ya.

-Kobe´s flagrant foul late in the game just because Miller got into his head early in the game and Kobe can lose you ANY game if someone gets into his head.

-The perimeter defense.
Specially on Eddie Jones and Stoudemire was ONCE AGAIN ridiculous- That way you don´t win a bottle of Coke.

3rd quarter
we score 13 points.
NO BASKET WAS MADE FROM THE 2 POINT AREA. Can you believe it?
we made 4 three pointers and a FT in an entire quarter. Kobe was way too perimeter happy in the period and the rest sucked. At this point I must add when Kobe hadn´t started to take all the shots, the rest couldn´t hit a shot untill the 5th minute when Lamar made a 3. After that Kobe took ALL shots of the quarter and scored all the other points. (10) but once again we broke down in the 3rd. Gimme a break, it was pathetic and simply disgusting.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby Lakers2001wow!! on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:14 am

Untouchable wrote:LOL..WHAT AN EMBARRASING LOST..SAD, SAD, SAD, SAD, SAD...

Lakers2001wow!!

Postby KB24 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:23 am

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Untouchable you were just touched.

KB24
Site Admin

Postby KB24 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:25 am

Right after the game I intend to go to the Lakers Discussion forum :scurred:

KB24
Site Admin

Postby High IQ on Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:02 am

damnit :bang: 3 in a row baby
High IQ

Postby lizlakers31 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:54 am

halekulani wrote:mihm should have finished. ugh.

but kobe should have had some restraining order or something. i think phil should shock kobe with a remote or something everytime he forces a shot up.

Hey, at lest he tried.
We lost this one as a team.
Proud Member of Team FARMAR!!!
lizlakers31

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:56 am

lizlakers31 wrote:
halekulani wrote:mihm should have finished. ugh.

but kobe should have had some restraining order or something. i think phil should shock kobe with a remote or something everytime he forces a shot up.

Hey, at lest he tried.
We lost this one as a team.

At first I was ready to kill Mihm for missing a 3 footer but after seeing the replay, he was HACKED!
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:57 am

farhan810 wrote:
DIEHARDLAKER wrote:OMG B-Scott (cl user) is on LakersLine

:man4:

That's just sad.

H.A.T.E.R.
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby B-Scott on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:02 am

Kobe throws away more close games then any superstar in the NBA. I have LEAGUE PASS i dont see any other top 10 players who flat out throw away more games as him. Leading by 7 with 4 minutes left MEMPHS IN THE PENALTY

1 Kobe...25 footer

2 kobe...20 footer

3 Kobe..HEEEEEEEEEEEEY...give me the ball...22 footer

been saying this since last yr in close games. we have a game under control,and other team is in the penalty. Kobe takes 25 footers. Why?.....Attack and get to the free throw line. Attack and kick to george who is on fire

Right now all Kobe is is a streaky jump shooter who looks great when hot. Bad when cold. Doesnt recognize when teammates are hot OR when his team is in the penalty and there up by 7 or 8 points......LOW B-BALL IQ....loses close games
B-Scott

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday