Wed. 12/14 @ Grizzlies - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby nameant on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:10 pm

kwame = 10 points 6 rebounds 50% FG 2 steals and 1 block (that he didnt get credit for)
nameant

Postby BGil on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:11 pm

Put in Wafer and let him go to work on Dahtay Jones. Everytime he makes a play I think about Wafer.
BGil

Postby GCMD on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:11 pm

Adding Artest to this mix would be deadly...
GCMD

Postby SKKG on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:12 pm

k0pr0phage wrote:a) we don't have too many bigs...we have 3.5
b) it's hard to have too many bigs in the NBA 6 who can't play anything other than the 4/5 MIGHT be too many
c) forget Artest

Look what happened that "half-big" played the 4 full time instead of half time.
SKKG

Postby Kobe#2 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:12 pm

GameCockMD wrote:Adding Artest to this mix would be deadly...

As long as we keep Kobe and Odom of course.
Kobe#2

Postby lilkhmerkid4u on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:12 pm

Have our starters been sitting out the whole 4th qtr?
lilkhmerkid4u

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:12 pm

Offensive foul on George... Griz ball..

Timeout. With 4:15 left in the game. Lakers lead the grizzlies by 21 pts 88-67.

miller misses the 3 ...rebound by kwame... fouled... Kwame to the line.

Kwame good on the 1st...and misses the 2nd (9 pts. 6 rebounds tonight for kwame)

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Total_Package on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:13 pm

Total_Package wrote:
SKKG wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:why are we talking about trading ppl in this thread? THEERES A GAME PPL! and its 73 to 52 entering the 4th...UNBELIEVABLE quarter by the lakers...held the grizzlies to jus 15 pts while scoring 28 of their own....5-1 road trip? who woudla thot/ I DID...all of you can go back and check the threads...i remember the "what if lakers go 0-6" thread....and im gonna win my 20 bucks from my clipper fan friend and a WHOLE lot of pride out of this...becuz i BELIEVED in my team...i BELIEVED in them all along...i KNEW this 6 game road trip was kind of a make or break situation...we weree 7-9 before this road trip...and now we might be 2 games over .500 after this 6 game road trip...oh and 5 of the 6 teams on this road trip had WINNING records...talk about IMPRESSIVE...we must follow this road trip up with some HOME wins tho...we got washington, houston and dallas....but lets close this game out! WE NEED THAT KILLER INSTINCT!

You gotta be able to identify the reason we're winning. And Kwame, while he has been a contributor, has not been the main reason. And believe it or not, we have a problem of too many bigs right now. We have to trade one of them for a high-caliber SF eventually, and Artest is as good as any.

Although Artest is better then Odom by miles, Odom fits in much better with the triangle offense. If anything, we should be looking for a point guard or powerfoward that can play great defense. Who knows, that might be Kwame by 2007. Isnt Chauncy Billups a FA in 2007? I believe Ben Wallace is one aswell
Sorry for quoting myself SKKG, but one of the reasons why Ron Artest wouldnt fit in the triangle is because he dosent have a passing IQ. Just look at the way he plays. He dosent make his teamates better. However, he could play defense though. We cant have Kobe run the triangle, he will get tired too quick and will turnaround the ball to much.
Let Odom do the work
FAQs:
Caron Butler totally owns Kwame Brown
You guys need to stop acting like if Brown>Butler.
Butler was the better offensive player. Kwame is just a bench player averaging 21mins/6pts/6rebs per game on solid defense.
If a PG wanted to, he could box out Kwame...
Total_Package

Postby trodgers on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:13 pm

SKKG wrote:
k0pr0phage wrote:a) we don't have too many bigs...we have 3.5
b) it's hard to have too many bigs in the NBA 6 who can't play anything other than the 4/5 MIGHT be too many
c) forget Artest

Look what happened that "half-big" played the 4 full time instead of half time.

That half big is Bynum.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby lakerican on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:13 pm

And believe it or not, we have a problem of too many bigs right now. We have to trade one of them for a high-caliber SF eventually, and Artest is as good as any.

he,he, that's really funny. Too much bigs??!!!! Who, where???

for you info, Mihm , right now has a bad back and kwame has a funky hammy, Bynum has, what about 16 games of pro ball and Cook is ... wel being still a good Cook, that's all. And remember LO is our playmaker... ups, sorry Initiator.
lakerican

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:14 pm

profit.... for 2. lakers 91-69 3 mins left..

late call on kwame... foul. Griz ball. timeout. 2:38 remaining.. lakers up 22 pts

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby LakRfAn on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:14 pm

Clips coming back... 9 pt game
:man6:
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:15 pm

lilkhmerkid4u wrote:Have our starters been sitting out the whole 4th qtr?

Yes... pretty much. :man12:

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Cody on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:15 pm

LakRfAn wrote:Odom is effective at the 4 offensively, not defensively.

I would think that seeing Melvin Ely & Mike Sweetney dominating us inside when Kwame was out would make you realize his value...

I'm really starting to question your bball iq skkg

He doesn't have any... and on that topic I can't believe some of the shiz he says.
Cody

Postby Nezter on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:15 pm

I LOVE this game =)

hmmm I should say I LOVE the lakers ! I really hope they can keep this going couse the next few games have dallas and memphis coming up again

if we can win on friday that will be really great!!! then sunday is houston and if we can get that one as well then wow the lakers have to be playing great and can't have anymore excuses of this team doesn't have this player or that player and thats why they are winning
Nezter

Postby SKKG on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:15 pm

I would think that seeing Melvin Ely & Mike Sweetney dominating us inside when Kwame was out would make you realize his value...

My IQ is fine. Instead I would not hesitate to question all of you people's IQ, because quite frankly, none of you have been able to show any evidence(other than Ely, which I have refuted easily) as to why Odom is a SF, while the evidence for Odom as PF keeps mounting up.
SKKG

Postby Cody on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:17 pm

SKKG wrote:
Cody wrote:
SKKG wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:why are we talking about trading ppl in this thread? THEERES A GAME PPL! and its 73 to 52 entering the 4th...UNBELIEVABLE quarter by the lakers...held the grizzlies to jus 15 pts while scoring 28 of their own....5-1 road trip? who woudla thot/ I DID...all of you can go back and check the threads...i remember the "what if lakers go 0-6" thread....and im gonna win my 20 bucks from my clipper fan friend and a WHOLE lot of pride out of this...becuz i BELIEVED in my team...i BELIEVED in them all along...i KNEW this 6 game road trip was kind of a make or break situation...we weree 7-9 before this road trip...and now we might be 2 games over .500 after this 6 game road trip...oh and 5 of the 6 teams on this road trip had WINNING records...talk about IMPRESSIVE...we must follow this road trip up with some HOME wins tho...we got washington, houston and dallas....but lets close this game out! WE NEED THAT KILLER INSTINCT!

You gotta be able to identify the reason we're winning. And Kwame, while he has been a contributor, has not been the main reason. And believe it or not, we have a problem of too many bigs right now. We have to trade one of them for a high-caliber SF eventually, and Artest is as good as any.

wtf? You don't know what you're talking about. We already have too many SF's. With the way Lamar is playing lately you wanna trade him? ofmg. Lamar just tonight is playing better than Artest has in his whole career. He's only taken 6 shots but he's made 5 of them.

Go back and read this entire thread. It's proven after this game that Odom is a PF. Trade Kwame, have Artest lock down Miller, and we might have had a blowout in the first quarter.

Uhh, if you're implying that we could trade Kwame and George + other scrubs for Artest than you're crazy. Would never happen and I wouldn't trade LO at this point.

While I agree that having Artest instead of Kwame this game would make us even more dominant... you can't be serious with some of these posts you make.
Cody

Postby LakRfAn on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:17 pm

SKKG wrote:

My IQ is fine. Instead I would not hesitate to question all of you people's IQ, because quite frankly, none of you have been able to show any evidence(other than Ely, which I have refuted easily) as to why Odom is a SF, while the evidence for Odom as PF keeps mounting up.

You're right... Odom does a fine job guarding low post players. :bang:
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby SKKG on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:18 pm

Cody wrote:

He doesn't have any... and on that topic I can't believe some of the shiz he says.

How about try refuting some of that "shiz?"(and I haven't conceded that the jump pass is bad fundamental, unless your premise is that Kobe is also stupid.)
SKKG

Postby Total_Package on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:18 pm

Forget about Ron Artest
You guys are forgetting there is going to be alot of players that could help this team in 2007
FAQs:
Butler was the better offensive player. Kwame is just a bench player averaging 21mins/6pts/6rebs per game on solid defense.
Total_Package

Postby Total_Package on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:19 pm

Nice block Bynum!
FAQs:
Total_Package

Postby SKKG on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:21 pm

LakRfAn wrote:
SKKG wrote:

You're right... Odom does a fine job guarding low post players. :bang:

Is that your best shot(which is basically a repeat of the "Ely argument")? Well let me see how many counters I could think of. One, defense isn't just about post D. Two, Odom got torched by Wally. Three, Odom's offense more than compensates any defensive defienciency, if at all, that he has, at PF.
SKKG

Postby kwamejoke on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:21 pm

Total_Package wrote:Nice block Bynum!

:bow:
Mitch is the General Murder of lakers.

Caron > kwame BUT caron + chucky < kwame !
kwamejoke

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:21 pm

91-69 lakers... 2 minutes left...

jones.. and 1.. fouled by green... 91-72

green nice 2 pt jumper... 93-72 lakers

missed by grizz....lakers board

profit on the miss.. griz board

Jones misses, out of bounds on lakers. long jumper for griz good..

93-74 lakers .... green misses turnaround... block by bynum!!!! score by griz on 2nd try.

93-76 lakers.. foul on griz.. walton to the line...misses 1st..misses 2n..dd tunrover on griz! lakers ball.

bynum fouled downlow... to the line! they keep calling him "BYRUM"

Makes 1st, miisses 2nd... 94-76...

Burks scores a layup and 1... 94-79 lakers...

Game over... lakers win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby ragecorps on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:21 pm

awesome game :jam2:
ragecorps

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday