Wed. 12/14 @ Grizzlies - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:22 pm

ahh...the score is misleading...this was definitely a blow out victory tho...

94-79 lakers win

unbelievable....and 20 bucks for me!

where the haters at now? where the 0-6 ppl at?

yea thats right...BELIEVE

3 straight home games...time to put this season into full swing....
User avatar
FabFourLakers

 
Posts: 11752
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2003 2:47 pm
Location: Irvine, CA

Postby Cody on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:22 pm

LakRfAn wrote:
SKKG wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:Odom is effective at the 4 offensively, not defensively.

I would think that seeing Melvin Ely & Mike Sweetney dominating us inside when Kwame was out would make you realize his value...

I'm really starting to question your bball iq skkg


My IQ is fine. Instead I would not hesitate to question all of you people's IQ, because quite frankly, none of you have been able to show any evidence(other than Ely, which I have refuted easily) as to why Odom is a SF, while the evidence for Odom as PF keeps mounting up.


You're right... Odom does a fine job guarding low post players. :bang:


:man10: :man10: :bow:

All he ever says is "well why don't you come and refute me then??" when in reality we always do over and over.

Did you even read my last post on your Von Wafer thread SKKG? I told you that Kobe jumping before he passes is stupid and if you've noticed he hasn't been doing that as much now.

This must be like your first year learning Basketball man. You suck big time with your logic.
Image
User avatar
Cody

 
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:02 pm

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:23 pm

geah!!!!

12-10 los angeles lakers!!!!

won 6 of our last 7! including 5 of 6 on the road!!!!
:mhihi: :bow:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18883
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby lakerican on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:24 pm

Why everybody thinks we have to give half our team for Ron Artest,

Remember this, something comparable to DG and Slava will get this dude. nothing more...

BTW, some statement for our guys!! :man1:
User avatar
lakerican

 
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:52 pm

Postby Cody on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:24 pm

DMK wrote:geah!!!!

12-10 los angeles lakers!!!!

won 6 of our last 7! including 5 of 6 on the road!!!!
:mhihi: :bow:


Hell yes!!! :bow:
Image
User avatar
Cody

 
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:02 pm

Postby SKKG on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:25 pm

Cody wrote:
SKKG wrote:
Cody wrote:
SKKG wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:why are we talking about trading ppl in this thread? THEERES A GAME PPL! and its 73 to 52 entering the 4th...UNBELIEVABLE quarter by the lakers...held the grizzlies to jus 15 pts while scoring 28 of their own....5-1 road trip? who woudla thot/ I DID...all of you can go back and check the threads...i remember the "what if lakers go 0-6" thread....and im gonna win my 20 bucks from my clipper fan friend and a WHOLE lot of pride out of this...becuz i BELIEVED in my team...i BELIEVED in them all along...i KNEW this 6 game road trip was kind of a make or break situation...we weree 7-9 before this road trip...and now we might be 2 games over .500 after this 6 game road trip...oh and 5 of the 6 teams on this road trip had WINNING records...talk about IMPRESSIVE...we must follow this road trip up with some HOME wins tho...we got washington, houston and dallas....but lets close this game out! WE NEED THAT KILLER INSTINCT!


You gotta be able to identify the reason we're winning. And Kwame, while he has been a contributor, has not been the main reason. And believe it or not, we have a problem of too many bigs right now. We have to trade one of them for a high-caliber SF eventually, and Artest is as good as any.


wtf? You don't know what you're talking about. We already have too many SF's. With the way Lamar is playing lately you wanna trade him? ofmg. Lamar just tonight is playing better than Artest has in his whole career. He's only taken 6 shots but he's made 5 of them.


Go back and read this entire thread. It's proven after this game that Odom is a PF. Trade Kwame, have Artest lock down Miller, and we might have had a blowout in the first quarter.


Uhh, if you're implying that we could trade Kwame and George + other scrubs for Artest than you're crazy. Would never happen and I wouldn't trade LO at this point.

While I agree that having Artest instead of Kwame this game would make us even more dominant... you can't be serious with some of these posts you make.


My post referenced directly to a Kwame trade, not an Odom trade. You MISREAD it and now you changed it back, and you say I can't be serious? You gotta be kidding me.
SKKG

 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 11:44 am

Postby Total_Package on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:26 pm

If Kwame can keep averaging 10pts on 6-8 rebounds per game, we will keep winning

Like I said in my "In Kwame I Trust" thread, it will just take time for the players like Kwame to get used to the defensive system and the triangle
FAQs:
Caron Butler totally owns Kwame Brown
You guys need to stop acting like if Brown>Butler.
Butler was the better offensive player. Kwame is just a bench player averaging 21mins/6pts/6rebs per game on solid defense.
If a PG wanted to, he could box out Kwame...
Total_Package

 
Posts: 1670
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:53 pm
Location: Ogden Utah

Postby Cody on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:26 pm

lakerican wrote:Why everybody thinks we have to give half our team for Ron Artest,

Remember this, something comparable to DG and Slava will get this dude. nothing more...

BTW, some statement for our guys!! :man1:


I don't know. sad huh?

Having Artest would make us way better, I don't doubt. But not with what we'd have to sacrifice for him. Sides, everytime he'd have a bad game which he does more often than any other superstar it seems, well, everyone would want to trade him.

He's not MJ, or some kind of god. Artest is Artest, get over it people. He's very good but not worth trading what we have for. Geez.
Image
User avatar
Cody

 
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:02 pm

Postby Nezter on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:26 pm

clipper lost!

and suns are about to loose as well


yehhaaaaaa!
Nezter

 
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:46 pm

Postby BDG on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:27 pm

Good Lord... 5-1 on this road trip.

I'd be lying if I thought we'd win 5 of these 6 before the trip.

Way to go Lakers ... all I can say is, "Keep it up."

:bow: :bow: :bow:
Image
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
User avatar
BDG
Retired Admin
 
Posts: 40953
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:27 pm

Kobe 28 pts on 10-17 shooting,... didnt play the 4th qtr at all.

What a great TEAM effortt! we started early with team defense and attacking the hoop!

Great win and im so proud of our guys... NOONE thought they would win 5 of 6 on this trip :jam2: :jam2:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18883
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby Cody on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:31 pm

SKKG wrote:
Cody wrote:
SKKG wrote:
Cody wrote:
SKKG wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:why are we talking about trading ppl in this thread? THEERES A GAME PPL! and its 73 to 52 entering the 4th...UNBELIEVABLE quarter by the lakers...held the grizzlies to jus 15 pts while scoring 28 of their own....5-1 road trip? who woudla thot/ I DID...all of you can go back and check the threads...i remember the "what if lakers go 0-6" thread....and im gonna win my 20 bucks from my clipper fan friend and a WHOLE lot of pride out of this...becuz i BELIEVED in my team...i BELIEVED in them all along...i KNEW this 6 game road trip was kind of a make or break situation...we weree 7-9 before this road trip...and now we might be 2 games over .500 after this 6 game road trip...oh and 5 of the 6 teams on this road trip had WINNING records...talk about IMPRESSIVE...we must follow this road trip up with some HOME wins tho...we got washington, houston and dallas....but lets close this game out! WE NEED THAT KILLER INSTINCT!


You gotta be able to identify the reason we're winning. And Kwame, while he has been a contributor, has not been the main reason. And believe it or not, we have a problem of too many bigs right now. We have to trade one of them for a high-caliber SF eventually, and Artest is as good as any.


wtf? You don't know what you're talking about. We already have too many SF's. With the way Lamar is playing lately you wanna trade him? ofmg. Lamar just tonight is playing better than Artest has in his whole career. He's only taken 6 shots but he's made 5 of them.


Go back and read this entire thread. It's proven after this game that Odom is a PF. Trade Kwame, have Artest lock down Miller, and we might have had a blowout in the first quarter.


Uhh, if you're implying that we could trade Kwame and George + other scrubs for Artest than you're crazy. Would never happen and I wouldn't trade LO at this point.

While I agree that having Artest instead of Kwame this game would make us even more dominant... you can't be serious with some of these posts you make.


My post referenced directly to a Kwame trade, not an Odom trade. You MISREAD it and now you changed it back, and you say I can't be serious? You gotta be kidding me.


What are yout alkign about? I never edited that post if that's what you mean.

You serioulsy think we can get Artest without trading Kobe/Bynum/Lo/Mihm etc?

god your retarded.
Image
User avatar
Cody

 
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:02 pm

Postby SKKG on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:32 pm

Cody wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:
SKKG wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:Odom is effective at the 4 offensively, not defensively.

I would think that seeing Melvin Ely & Mike Sweetney dominating us inside when Kwame was out would make you realize his value...

I'm really starting to question your bball iq skkg


My IQ is fine. Instead I would not hesitate to question all of you people's IQ, because quite frankly, none of you have been able to show any evidence(other than Ely, which I have refuted easily) as to why Odom is a SF, while the evidence for Odom as PF keeps mounting up.


You're right... Odom does a fine job guarding low post players. :bang:


:man10: :man10: :bow:

All he ever says is "well why don't you come and refute me then??" when in reality we always do over and over.

Did you even read my last post on your Von Wafer thread SKKG? I told you that Kobe jumping before he passes is stupid and if you've noticed he hasn't been doing that as much now.

This must be like your first year learning Basketball man. You suck big time with your logic.


Off the top of my head at this moment, I can recall he did it twice this game, one a turnover in the first half due to three guys surrounding him(but he couldn't get the shot off anyway). The other to a wide open Smush in the corner, so obviously he hasn't "learned" as you thought.

If there's a gap, and he attacks and jumped to take the shot, but if the help defender is there, he will continue to do it, and with good reason. I mean, almost every time he does that, there's a wide open shot.
SKKG

 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 11:44 am

Postby wallangong on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:34 pm

i for one, have no desire whatsoever for the lakers to get ron artest. the reason this team is winning games is because of CHEMISTRY. i think, in the long run, this team would be worse with artest. he wants to shoot more, how could that help this team? we dont need more players who want to shoot. i say stick with what we have (unless any GOOD opportunities present themselves), give them a year to play together, and then in the offseason make some minor moves.
User avatar
wallangong

 
Posts: 2502
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Location: Colorado

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:35 pm

Kobe Bryant- 31mins,..27pts 10-17shooting ..8Rebs ...3assists ..1stl
Lamar Odom- 32mins,..14/7/5

Kwame 9pts, 6 boards 2 steals.. they didnt credit his blocks..
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18883
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby KobeBryant42pointsathalf on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:37 pm

i sucessfully predicted 5-1 , it was on discussion board.

triumph.
HoopsVibe: Kobe's 2006-2007 projection

Kobe Bryant is about to have the single greatest individual year in the history of basketball. Kobe has come to the point where he’s about to put it all together, he will be great, his team will win, and just to put some icing on it, somewhere along the way this season, Kobe will score 100 points in a single game.
User avatar
KobeBryant42pointsathalf

 
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:06 am
Location: Orange County,CA

Postby SKKG on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:39 pm

Cody wrote:
SKKG wrote:
Cody wrote:
SKKG wrote:
Cody wrote:
SKKG wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:why are we talking about trading ppl in this thread? THEERES A GAME PPL! and its 73 to 52 entering the 4th...UNBELIEVABLE quarter by the lakers...held the grizzlies to jus 15 pts while scoring 28 of their own....5-1 road trip? who woudla thot/ I DID...all of you can go back and check the threads...i remember the "what if lakers go 0-6" thread....and im gonna win my 20 bucks from my clipper fan friend and a WHOLE lot of pride out of this...becuz i BELIEVED in my team...i BELIEVED in them all along...i KNEW this 6 game road trip was kind of a make or break situation...we weree 7-9 before this road trip...and now we might be 2 games over .500 after this 6 game road trip...oh and 5 of the 6 teams on this road trip had WINNING records...talk about IMPRESSIVE...we must follow this road trip up with some HOME wins tho...we got washington, houston and dallas....but lets close this game out! WE NEED THAT KILLER INSTINCT!


You gotta be able to identify the reason we're winning. And Kwame, while he has been a contributor, has not been the main reason. And believe it or not, we have a problem of too many bigs right now. We have to trade one of them for a high-caliber SF eventually, and Artest is as good as any.


wtf? You don't know what you're talking about. We already have too many SF's. With the way Lamar is playing lately you wanna trade him? ofmg. Lamar just tonight is playing better than Artest has in his whole career. He's only taken 6 shots but he's made 5 of them.


Go back and read this entire thread. It's proven after this game that Odom is a PF. Trade Kwame, have Artest lock down Miller, and we might have had a blowout in the first quarter.


Uhh, if you're implying that we could trade Kwame and George + other scrubs for Artest than you're crazy. Would never happen and I wouldn't trade LO at this point.

While I agree that having Artest instead of Kwame this game would make us even more dominant... you can't be serious with some of these posts you make.


My post referenced directly to a Kwame trade, not an Odom trade. You MISREAD it and now you changed it back, and you say I can't be serious? You gotta be kidding me.


What are yout alkign about? I never edited that post if that's what you mean.

You serioulsy think we can get Artest without trading Kobe/Bynum/Lo/Mihm etc?

god your retarded.


Read your first reply to this topic. You thought I wanted to trade Lamar, I said no such thing. I talked about Kwame, which obviously meant I was talking about trading him(which was also a direct reply to the post before that.) Stop questioning people's IQ before you learn grade school reading comprehension numskull
SKKG

 
Posts: 2749
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 11:44 am

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:39 pm

You guys are gonna get this topic locked. Why are you arguing? let it go please, the lakers just won and important game and we as fans should be celebrating and talking about the lakers performance tonight.... not arguing about off topic things.

Be proud of your boys, we were the underdog and we won when noone gave us a shot... all road trip long... 5-1.. thats incredible for such a young team.

Chill fellas. :jam2:
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18883
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby Lakerfan36 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:41 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
Lakers will win this game. Someone quote me :man1:






:jam2:
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby Nezter on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:45 pm

do you guys know that we are 7-3 in our last 10 games???? if I recall we didn't have such a record once last season and that is impressive!
Nezter

 
Posts: 273
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:46 pm

Postby DMK on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:45 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
Lakers will win this game. Someone quote me :man1:

:jam2:


You was correct my friend ;) Hope you do that and it works a bunch more this season ;)
Image

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
User avatar
DMK
Clublakers Analyst
 
Posts: 18883
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:10 am
Location: Baltimore, MD

Postby Lakerfan36 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:52 pm

DMK wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
Lakers will win this game. Someone quote me :man1:

:jam2:


You was correct my friend ;) Hope you do that and it works a bunch more this season ;)


im also the one who guarenteed that the lakers will beat the mavs.

3 teams in our division lost tonight

Suns Lost
Clippers Lost
Sacarmento Lost

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
Last edited by Lakerfan36 on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
User avatar
Lakerfan36

 
Posts: 5736
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:12 pm
Location: Glendale

Postby LA LAKERS OF EL SEGUNDO on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:53 pm

Lakerfan36 wrote:
Lakerfan36 wrote:
Lakers will win this game. Someone quote me :man1:






:jam2:


Good guess Lakerfan. Didn't realize the Grizzs were going on w/out Battier. In fact, I completely forgot B-Jax was on this team :man10: . Oy, atleast we beat a good team at a loss of starting personnel.

I was happy we were garanteed a .500 road trip...this....this is fantastic. Now I'm a little miffed we lost to Minnesota, heh heh.

"Greed is good" - fine game LA. :bow:
Come on EL'LAY, get that jello jigglin'
LA LAKERS OF EL SEGUNDO

 
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:15 am

Postby Cody on Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:56 pm

SKKG wrote:
Cody wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:
SKKG wrote:
LakRfAn wrote:Odom is effective at the 4 offensively, not defensively.

I would think that seeing Melvin Ely & Mike Sweetney dominating us inside when Kwame was out would make you realize his value...

I'm really starting to question your bball iq skkg


My IQ is fine. Instead I would not hesitate to question all of you people's IQ, because quite frankly, none of you have been able to show any evidence(other than Ely, which I have refuted easily) as to why Odom is a SF, while the evidence for Odom as PF keeps mounting up.


You're right... Odom does a fine job guarding low post players. :bang:


:man10: :man10: :bow:

All he ever says is "well why don't you come and refute me then??" when in reality we always do over and over.

Did you even read my last post on your Von Wafer thread SKKG? I told you that Kobe jumping before he passes is stupid and if you've noticed he hasn't been doing that as much now.

This must be like your first year learning Basketball man. You suck big time with your logic.


Off the top of my head at this moment, I can recall he did it twice this game, one a turnover in the first half due to three guys surrounding him(but he couldn't get the shot off anyway). The other to a wide open Smush in the corner, so obviously he hasn't "learned" as you thought.

If there's a gap, and he attacks and jumped to take the shot, but if the help defender is there, he will continue to do it, and with good reason. I mean, almost every time he does that, there's a wide open shot.


Dude, for the tenth time, when Kobe goes up to shoot but finds someone open and passes it instead, that's a good thing. I agree, because it's called a FAKE. He leaves his teammate wide open.

But this doesn't mean that Kobe should jump everytime he passes. He should do it as least as possible, the less he does it the better his 'jump to shoot but pass the ball instead fake' will work. It will work more often if he doesn't overuse it. It's like Kobe's pump fake, it used to work real well but Kobe's been using it too much. The result, his opponent doesn't fall for it as much as they used to in general.

Got it?
Image
User avatar
Cody

 
Posts: 2234
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:02 pm

Postby halekulani on Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:08 pm

who was on gasol tonight? monsterous defense.

if it was lamar i might have to get on my knees for skkg though.
User avatar
halekulani

 
Posts: 8768
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.