Wed. 11/3 @ Jazz - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Crono0801 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:25 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:Sasha for MVP

I didn't know they gave out MVPs for the injured list

Um I didn't see your boy Tierre do much either.
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:25 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
ChainLink wrote:It's just one game, relax...some people overreacted yesterday, some people are overreacting today.

And how about the Utah Jazz, why not give them credit where it's due? They're a damn good team and Jerry Sloan is one of the best coaches in the league, he knows how to get the best of his ballclub.

Thank you ChainLink. The Jazz played incredible defense tonight. Sloan has a true playoff-contending team this year. Wow.

Dismal loss, but they needed something like this; they're a young team.
Agree 100%.

I'll give the Jazz credit, but we didn't play like I know we can either tonight. :man5:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:25 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

Dude chill, the Jazz swarmed us defensively, let Rudy T work his magic. Next game players will come to play.

That's not being worked up, just the simple truth when Vlade and Slava come back.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:26 pm

Crono0801 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

Um I didn't see your boy Tierre do much either.

You must have not watched the game then
JSM

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:26 pm

Here's official boxscore: http://www.nba.com/games/20041103/LALUTA/boxscore.html

Jazz had 14 blocks! :man4: Kirilenko had 8 blocks!!!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:28 pm

Sasha was very productive - 3 mins, 4 pts, 2 rebs and 1 assist!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby leftymo on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:29 pm

Give credit where Credit's due?

Are you nuts?

Does that mean the Clippers should always congratulate the other team for beating them over and over... and give other teams credit for always beating them?

I highly doubt it.

The Jazz played well no question. Most teams play well at home, its expected. So I'll give credit where its due. The home team was 10 times better than the road team tonight. In fact the road team was god awful, and frankly didn't even belong in the arena.

I think only Atlanta had a worse road opening game this year. So give credit where credit is due. When you get blown out, you aren't very good, and the other team is.

But the sad thing is that Utah isn't a title contender, they'll barely make the playoffs. This is our competition, and if that's how they play against them, I think many people will strongly reconsider that Payton/Fox/Atkins/Mihm deal... b/c that lottery pick goes to Boston.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:29 pm

Boozer-27 points & 11 rebounds
Harpring-23 points in 28 minutes, 9-11 from the field, 7 rebounds
AK-47-16 points, 8 blocks, 6 rebounds

:hurl: :hurl:
JSM

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:30 pm

Slava is not going to improve this team one bit more than we already are. I say ship him and George off.
Big props to UGOTOWN3D for the avy.
DA fan club:UGOTOWN3D, Realm Of Shadows, DarthRekal, SOAD, hZm
http://www.clubkingshoops.com/forums//
Danny Ainge

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:30 pm

The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:Sasha was very productive - 3 mins, 4 pts, 2 rebs and 1 assist!

Against whatever the Jazz could scrape off the end of their IR, to fill in for their two PGs being out...wow.
JSM

Postby BALISTIK on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:30 pm

jazz played great defensively. but la couldnt make a freaking shot.
I bleed purple and gold...
BALISTIK

Postby Guest on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:31 pm

kobe will beat the crap out of the lakers

Postby c.Lin on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:32 pm

Tierre needs to get rid of his problem of having to jump in the air before passing. He did that almost every time trying to make a play and found himself stuck in the air. Luckily he didn't have any turnovers.
c.Lin

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:32 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:Sasha was very productive - 3 mins, 4 pts, 2 rebs and 1 assist!

Against whatever the Jazz could scrape off the end of their IR, to fill in for their two PGs being out...wow.

Actually from 1-12 Jazz players were competitive. I believe that in time the Lakers will learn to bring the same level of intensity. Just you wait and see.
Danny Ainge

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:33 pm

Anyone else think we should sign Stallone to a 10 day contract before we face them again? We need someone to beat Mini-Ivan Drago.
JSM

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:33 pm

bndxclin wrote:Tierre needs to get rid of his problem of having to jump in the air before passing. He did that almost every time trying to make a play and found himself stuck in the air. Luckily he didn't have any turnovers.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?
JSM

Postby remixed on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:34 pm

we have to get odom and butler more comfortable in the offense. odom posted up so easily today and got to the free throw line. the jazz simply outplayed us. we couldn't hit a shot today. we'll bounce back from this but at least we know what we have to work on.
remixed

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:35 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

Actually from 1-12 Jazz players were competitive. I believe that in time the Lakers will learn to bring the same level of intensity. Just you wait and see.

oh, I know that. They are a very good team. BUT what I am saying is that Sasha's "game" tonight is nothing for anyone to be impressed with. It was garbage time, against a usual IR rider on the Jazz. Brown was playing against Eisley and McLeod, when it counted.
JSM

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:36 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Anyone else think we should sign Stallone to a 10 day contract before we face them again? We need someone to beat Mini-Ivan Drago.

Hey I was gettin more of a white starvin marvin vibe. But hey if he can get a wife like that I'll give props.
Danny Ainge

Postby LukeWalton on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:37 pm

damn i couldnt bear to watch the game anymore. After the half. The Lakers got spanked. JAzz were just too good. Krilenko dominated. I expected Kobe to get off more since Gordon was guarding him but they kept goign to Odom which was bad. Our reboudning was horrible. Horrible Game :bang:
LukeWalton

Postby c.Lin on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:37 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
bndxclin wrote:Tierre needs to get rid of his problem of having to jump in the air before passing. He did that almost every time trying to make a play and found himself stuck in the air. Luckily he didn't have any turnovers.

if you noticed... when he got stuck, he'd have to struggle to find an open man... which really resulted in nothing but wasted shot clock. it be good at times, but it can also be very bad at times.
c.Lin

Postby Danny Ainge on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:38 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

oh, I know that. They are a very good team. BUT what I am saying is that Sasha's "game" tonight is nothing for anyone to be impressed with. It was garbage time, against a usual IR rider on the Jazz. Brown was playing against Eisley and McLeod, when it counted.

Tierre unlike Chucky, penetrates the lane in order create for his teamates. Chuck is a spot up shooter.
Danny Ainge

Postby ChainLink on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:38 pm

leftymo wrote:Give credit where Credit's due?

Are you nuts?

Does that mean the Clippers should always congratulate the other team for beating them over and over... and give other teams credit for always beating them?

I highly doubt it.

The Jazz played well no question. Most teams play well at home, its expected. So I'll give credit where its due. The home team was 10 times better than the road team tonight. In fact the road team was god awful, and frankly didn't even belong in the arena.

I think only Atlanta had a worse road opening game this year. So give credit where credit is due. When you get blown out, you aren't very good, and the other team is.

But the sad thing is that Utah isn't a title contender, they'll barely make the playoffs. This is our competition, and if that's how they play against them, I think many people will strongly reconsider that Payton/Fox/Atkins/Mihm deal... b/c that lottery pick goes to Boston.

That's not what I meant. Give credit as in "Yes the Utah Jazz played very well tonight". I didn't mean "Congratulations, thanks for kicking us in the rear end tonight" or anything like that.

Too many people are saying "Butler sucked, or Odom doesn't fit with the Lakers, or Tierre Brown and Rush should be traded", etc. Clearly people are overreacting over just one game (just like yesterday, people overreacted, saying things like "Mihm will be an All Star this year"). Maybe they need to consider that the Jazz are a good team, and need to admit their team played better tonight (which you did). That's what I meant.
ChainLink
Clublakers Rep: Pistons

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:40 pm

bndxclin wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

if you noticed... when he got stuck, he'd have to struggle to find an open man... which really resulted in nothing but wasted shot clock. it be good at times, but it can also be very bad at times.

I'd rather have someone struggle to find an open man and find one, waste time or do whatever; than have someone have 2 turnovers and 3 fouls in less minutes, playing the same position.
JSM

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:41 pm

Danny Ainge wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

Tierre unlike Chucky, penetrates the lane in order create for his teamates. Chuck is a spot up shooter.

That'd be one thing if we were talking about those two, but I am comparing Sasha and Tierre. I haven't even started on the Diet That Doesn't Work (my new nickname for Chucky)
JSM

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday