Wed. 11/3 @ Jazz - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby c.Lin on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:41 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
bndxclin wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
bndxclin wrote:Tierre needs to get rid of his problem of having to jump in the air before passing. He did that almost every time trying to make a play and found himself stuck in the air. Luckily he didn't have any turnovers.

If it ain't broke, why fix it?

if you noticed... when he got stuck, he'd have to struggle to find an open man... which really resulted in nothing but wasted shot clock. it be good at times, but it can also be very bad at times.

I'd rather have someone struggle to find an open man and find one, waste time or do whatever; than have someone have 2 turnovers and 3 fouls in less minutes, playing the same position.

haha if you're hinting at Atkins, I completely agree. I'm just pointing out some bad habits that Tierre may want to work on.
c.Lin

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:44 pm

bndxclin wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:I'd rather have someone struggle to find an open man and find one, waste time or do whatever; than have someone have 2 turnovers and 3 fouls in less minutes, playing the same position.

haha if you're hinting at Atkins, I completely agree. I'm just pointing out some bad habits that Tierre may want to work on.

Yes, that's who I was hinting at. And I agree that he needs to work on that, but right now he can afford to continue to do that. That's nowhere near the top of my priority list for our PGs. And most of the things involve Chucky and him learning what the hell he is doing out there.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Supastas on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:44 pm

ChainLink wrote:That's not what I meant. Give credit as in "Yes the Utah Jazz played very well tonight". I didn't mean "Congratulations, thanks for kicking us in the rear end tonight" or anything like that.

Too many people are saying "Butler sucked, or Odom doesn't fit with the Lakers, or Tierre Brown and Rush should be traded", etc. Clearly people are overreacting over just one game (just like yesterday, people overreacted, saying things like "Mihm will be an All Star this year"). Maybe they need to consider that the Jazz are a good team, and need to admit their team played better tonight (which you did). That's what I meant.

Good stuff. You'll always find Laker fans overreacting, its normal. The Jazz were better today. But I don't think they're as good as they looked. And the Lakers definately aren't as bad as they looked. It's just one game in the season. Not only that, a back to back road game.
Supastas

Postby c.Lin on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:45 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
bndxclin wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:I'd rather have someone struggle to find an open man and find one, waste time or do whatever; than have someone have 2 turnovers and 3 fouls in less minutes, playing the same position.

Yes, that's who I was hinting at. And I agree that he needs to work on that, but right now he can afford to continue to do that. That's nowhere near the top of my priority list for our PGs. And most of the things involve Chucky and him learning what the hell he is doing out there.

yup
c.Lin

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:46 pm

Supastas wrote:
ChainLink wrote:That's not what I meant. Give credit as in "Yes the Utah Jazz played very well tonight". I didn't mean "Congratulations, thanks for kicking us in the rear end tonight" or anything like that.

Too many people are saying "Butler sucked, or Odom doesn't fit with the Lakers, or Tierre Brown and Rush should be traded", etc. Clearly people are overreacting over just one game (just like yesterday, people overreacted, saying things like "Mihm will be an All Star this year"). Maybe they need to consider that the Jazz are a good team, and need to admit their team played better tonight (which you did). That's what I meant.

Good stuff. You'll always find Laker fans overreacting, its normal. The Jazz were better today. But I don't think they're as good as they looked. And the Lakers definately aren't as bad as they looked. It's just one game in the season. Not only that, a back to back road game.
Great post once again, ChainLink :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:49 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Supastas wrote:

:bow:
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby Crono0801 on Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:54 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
Danny Ainge wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:
The Kobe Era 2K5 wrote:Sasha was very productive - 3 mins, 4 pts, 2 rebs and 1 assist!

Against whatever the Jazz could scrape off the end of their IR, to fill in for their two PGs being out...wow.

Actually from 1-12 Jazz players were competitive. I believe that in time the Lakers will learn to bring the same level of intensity. Just you wait and see.

oh, I know that. They are a very good team. BUT what I am saying is that Sasha's "game" tonight is nothing for anyone to be impressed with. It was garbage time, against a usual IR rider on the Jazz. Brown was playing against Eisley and McLeod, when it counted.

Tierre played against them and didn't do anything.
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:01 am

Crono0801 wrote:Tierre played against them and didn't do anything.

Go look at the game again, go look at stats, then say that again. If our players had a receiver's hands, then Brown would have had about 10 assists. Other than Kobe and Odom, he had the best game.
JSM

Postby dynasty4kobe on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:01 am

So I think it's safe to assume that we are locked for a win on Friday. I mean it's clear that we took enough of a thrashing for the rest of the week.

Seriously though, this will be a great test for Kobe, who will have to get these guys ready to bounce back against a team like the Spurs. The big men better have their defensive A game ready because Duncan is coming to town.

Anyone impressed with our zone defense?
dynasty4kobe

Postby Crono0801 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:02 am

jsm0331 wrote:

Go look at the game again, go look at stats, then say that again. If our players had a receiver's hands, then Brown would have had about 10 assists. Other than Kobe and Odom, he had the best game.
:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:

Tierre hasn't done a thing in the regular season.

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby c.Lin on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:05 am

Crono0801 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

umm... the "regular season" has consisted of two games bro. And jsm, saying Tierre had the best game outside of Kobe and Odom isn't saying much... :man10:
c.Lin

Postby leftymo on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:05 am

Odom & Butler combined for 4-18 tonight that's a whopping 22%.

Our two PG's? 0-5 0%

The team shot under 30%, the only players above that mark tonight were...

Kobe 43%
Mihm 37%
Jones 50%

It was a dismal performance, and the next game may not make things better.

Odom had 9 rebounds, nobody else was even close.

And its amazing how players look when their shots are falling as opposed to when they aren't.

They end up looking like stiffs.

But as for the over-reacting, nonsense. The Lakers have some deficiencies and will be making a deal during the year this year. Kareem Rush's option not being picked up and the possibility of Malone, combined with too many SF's and not enough time to play them leads us to this direction.

Dumping Payton for Atkins means our PG spot is a weakness. And of course rebounding, the Jazz grabbed whatever they wanted, and frankly so did the Nuggets.

Wait until the big teams come in here...
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby Crono0801 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:05 am

bndxclin wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

umm... the "regular season" has consisted of two games bro. And jsm, saying Tierre had the best game outside of Kobe and Odom isn't saying much... :man10:

i know its only been two games but he still hasn't done anything good.

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby c.Lin on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:08 am

Crono0801 wrote:
bndxclin wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

i know its only been two games but he still hasn't done anything good.

be a little more patient.
c.Lin

Postby leftymo on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:10 am

As for the Tierre/Atkins debate...

Look, Rudy T made a decision. Atkins played himself out of the lineup tonight.

Tonight, Tierre was better. Who knows, if this continues, he might find himself starting over Atkins.

You earn time in the lineup. A few more of those Cook performances will land him on the pine again.
leftymo

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:11 am

leftymo wrote:As for the Tierre/Atkins debate...

Look, Rudy T made a decision. Atkins played himself out of the lineup tonight.

exactly. Look who got more minutes. Who was in the game when we were making our run. And who was the one making a George-like fit, getting him a T that we couldn't afford.
JSM

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:12 am

Crono0801 wrote:i know its only been two games but he still hasn't done anything good.

And Chucky or Sasha has? :man3:

Brown is our best PG as of now.
JSM

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:14 am

jsm0331 wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:i know its only been two games but he still hasn't done anything good.

And Chucky or Sasha has? :man3:

Brown is our best PG as of now.

Give them all time.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby c.Lin on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:15 am

The Lakers did not have ANY runs tonight. Every made field goal was coupled with either a foul, OR, violation, 3point play. Not to mention turnovers, OF, and blocked shots. They couldn't establish any momentum whatsoever. I think the biggest run of the game was maybe 6-2.
c.Lin

Postby LakRfAn on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:59 am

Young team + new coach = no consistency

This will be a fun season to be a lakers fan, but there will be some pain along the way!
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:11 am

DID YOU KNOW?

This loss to the Jazz was one of the worst offensive performances in Lakers history. Los Angeles made only 20 field goals, breaking the previous franchise low by three. The Lakers shot 29.4 percent, also the worst in team history.

:bang:
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby remixed on Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:16 am

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Supastas wrote:

remixed

Postby leftymo on Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:18 am

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:DID YOU KNOW?

This loss to the Jazz was one of the worst offensive performances in Lakers history. Los Angeles made only 20 field goals, breaking the previous franchise low by three. The Lakers shot 29.4 percent, also the worst in team history.

:bang:

EXACTLY. That's why I'm furious at this team. It's one thing to lose the game, its another to set Laker records for defeat. Especially to start the year.

It's the mark of a loser to get blown out by an average to above average team. Caron Butler & Lamar Odom failed to show up. Mihm was Travis Knight, and the Brian Cook from last year appeared. Rush is back to his usual form (inconsistent & streaky).

I don't think LA is capable of playing any worse. They certainly didn't play any defense, and their offense stunk up the joint too.

San Antonio is coming to town.
leftymo

Postby leftymo on Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:22 am

remixed wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Supastas wrote:

Disagree... LA set 3 franchise records in this game, its one of their WORST defeats in their HISTORY. Not just a L... a big fat disappointing 26 point blowout. They didn't even belong on the court. To give the other team credit isn't fair. When the Hawks get dismantled by the Suns, its not exactly how "great" the Suns are, its how "bad" the Hawks are. Same goes for LA. Teams don't shoot 29%, the Lakers don't shoot 29%... nowadays teams don't give up 100 points... Credit the Jazz for stopping the entire laker squad, putting them in a funk, making them miss every possible shot, and schooling each of their defenders?

If that's the case, it's going to be a LONG season....

Please tell me that first rounder to boston is lottery protected.
leftymo

Postby Kaoticz on Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:48 am

Can Lakers fans spell "Lottery?"

Dynasty Destroyed - Pistons in Five
Kaoticz

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday