Wed. 11/3 @ Jazz - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby LakRfAn on Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:19 pm

What's with the hysterics?!

After the first game half this board was ready to crown the Lakers champs...

After the second, we're a lottery team!

Give this team 15-20 games before any of us will have any idea how good they will be.

Until then, watch & analyze!!!
LakRfAn
Resident Hoops Junkie

Postby MarkMadsen on Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:23 pm

i guess when the pistons lose their first game, theyll be a lottery team too?
MarkMadsen

Postby LakerPeenu on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:11 pm

Go to this link if you want my version of the game...I was actually at the Delta Center with my family trying to cheer the Lakers on...http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=21824&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
LakerPeenu

Postby Crono0801 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:38 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:i know its only been two games but he still hasn't done anything good.

And Chucky or Sasha has? :man3:

Brown is our best PG as of now.

Has Sasha gotten a chance to play?
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby shizZ on Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:41 pm

LakRfAn wrote:What's with the hysterics?!

Give this team 15-20 games before any of us will have any idea how good they will be.

I agree, give it time.. but Kobe putting up 38 points, and still losing by that much.. that is a concern
shizZ

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:09 pm

Crono0801 wrote:Has Sasha gotten a chance to play?

If he deserved playing time, he would have gotten it. He is our garbage time PG.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Crono0801 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:29 pm

jsm0331 wrote:

If he deserved playing time, he would have gotten it. He is our garbage time PG.

shooting slumps shouldn't take away from playing time. The only thing that Tierre higher than Sasha was points. Sasha had more assist and rebounds.

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:35 pm

Quotes from last night's game:

Rudy T: "We ran into a buzz saw," Laker Coach Rudy Tomjanovich. "Coming in on their opening night, all their emotions flowing, after an emotional win for our team. These are things that can happen in this league. Very disappointed."

"We've got to learn from this thing about how tough it is," said Lakers coach Rudy Tomjanovich.

"You get irritable," Tomjanovich said, "and it just affects your poise." (on the Jazz having 14 blocks)

"I think Kirilenko set the tone early with the blocks," Lakers coach Rudy Tomjanovich said. "We made some aggressive moves to the basket and he erased them and got the momentum going, and that put us in a sort of frantic mode."

"(Kobe) did it all tonight," Tomjanovich said. "I thought Lamar got things going there a little bit, but we just couldn't find other guys to make shots here and there. Role players have got to make some shots, too."

"When we did move the ball to the open guy tonight, we just didn't make our open shots," Tomjanovich said.

"It's tough to win on somebody else's court, especially with the emotion that they had here opening night,'' new Lakers coach Rudy Tomjanovich said.
----------------------------------------------------
Odom: "Back-to-back games are tough to win, especially in a place like Utah," said forward Lamar Odom. "You've got to hope for a winning record in these games."

"We lost our composure," Odom said.
-----------------------------------------------------
Kobe: "That's always one of the challenges when you come in here to play, is maintain your composure," Bryant said. "They're an excellent home team. They play extremely hard and when you fall behind like that, it's one of the challenges to keep your composure."

Links: LA Times, Press Enterprise, OC Register, NBA.com, Yahoo
JSM

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:38 pm

Crono0801 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

shooting slumps shouldn't take away from playing time. The only thing that Tierre higher than Sasha was points. Sasha had more assist and rebounds.

umm...when was this. Tierre has 7 assists so far this season, Sasha has 1. Sasha just isn't ready, Tierre is.
JSM

Postby Crono0801 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:48 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:
jsm0331 wrote:

umm...when was this. Tierre has 7 assists so far this season, Sasha has 1. Sasha just isn't ready, Tierre is.

7 assist in two games insn't really great. when Sasha played in the pre-season he had 8 assist a game

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:52 pm

Crono0801 wrote:7 assist in two games insn't really great. when Sasha played in the pre-season he had 8 assist a game

key word in that statement...PRE-SEASON.
JSM

Postby Crono0801 on Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:54 pm

jsm0331 wrote:
Crono0801 wrote:7 assist in two games insn't really great. when Sasha played in the pre-season he had 8 assist a game

key word in that statement...PRE-SEASON.

exactly Tierre did everything in the PRE-SEASON he hasn't done anything right now. I say give Sasha a chance, so we can see what he can do in the Regular season

Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:08 pm

Crono0801 wrote:exactly Tierre did everything in the PRE-SEASON he hasn't done anything right now. I say give Sasha a chance, so we can see what he can do in the Regular season

No, Tierre is doing things in the regular season, while Sasha sits it out on the pine. Rudy knows what he is doing, if Sasha deserved the time, he would get it...this isn't Phil. Phil won't play a player, because they are a young player or a bench player, he hates them all. Rudy is a player's coach, if someone is doing well and should be out there, then they will be...Sasha doesn't need to be out there. He is the trash time player.
JSM

Postby nosebleedbum on Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:16 pm

LakRfAn wrote:
What's with the hysterics?!

I agree, give it time.. but Kobe putting up 38 points, and still losing by that much.. that is a concern

"(Kobe) did it all tonight," Tomjanovich said. "I thought Lamar got things going there a little bit, but we just couldn't find other guys to make shots here and there. Role players have got to make some shots, too."

Same old story. role players have to make their shots. After that shootout with ray allen, all kobe has been doing is getting other guys involved but when he sees 3 DG out there he's gonna do it himself. I don't blame him. The concern is not with kobe jacking up 21 shots it's the opther players not being able to step up tho help out struggling teamates.
nosebleedbum

Postby leftymo on Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:35 pm

Kaoticz wrote:Can Lakers fans spell "Lottery?"

Not as well as the Pistons can and have.

Lakers and Lottery don't mix much. What, one lottery pick in 22 years?
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby leftymo on Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:38 pm

Look guys, Sasha isn't playing.

He'll spend most of the year in dress clothes, and the other part riding the pine.

He'll play in garbage time only. He's too raw. When Kupchak drafted him he stated it might take 2-3 years.

When Vlade comes back who do you think will sit?

It's Atkins & Brown. If Sasha ever gets into the rotation, then start looking up lottery prognostications, b/c our season is over.
leftymo

Location: Scottsdale, AZ. 5 years later, married, 2 kids, 2 Laker Titles

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:42 pm

leftymo wrote:Look guys, Sasha isn't playing.

He'll spend most of the year in dress clothes, and the other part riding the pine.

He'll play in garbage time only. He's too raw. When Kupchak drafted him he stated it might take 2-3 years.

When Vlade comes back who do you think will sit?

It's Atkins & Brown. If Sasha ever gets into the rotation, then start looking up lottery prognostications, b/c our season is over.

Finally...someone, other than me, understands Sasha's role this season.
JSM

Postby nosebleedbum on Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:16 pm

Rudy's rotation is 10-11 deep. Sasa is definitely gonna pay his dues . He has shown some consistent skills like passing but defensively and shooting needs work. I see him having alot of DNPs. He's not ready yet. and lacks composure.
nosebleedbum

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday