Wednesday, Nov. 16
7:00pm
TV: ESPN, FSN
Radio : XTRA 570/ESPN 1330
Recap | Box Score | Photos

Lakers - 97
Knicks - 92

Lakers Nip Knicks
Kobe Bryant broke loose for a season-high in scoring Wednesday and the Lakers captured a 97-92 home win over the Knicks. Bryant scored 29 of his 42 points after halftime and Chris Mihm and Lamar Odom had 14 and 13, respectively.

Post all your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:28 pm

Sorry for the late update - server is still acting sorta funny.

3-4, it's imperative we get back on track against this struggling New York squad. We need to capitalize and beat this team.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby KobeBryant583 on Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:28 pm

Time to snap the losing streak.
KobeBryant583

Postby KB24 on Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:14 pm

well they have no tough perimeter defender and we play in Staples. We will kill the Knicks.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby okay on Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:17 pm

If teams start to figure out how to stop Kobe from dominating like he did in games 1-4, we are deeply screwed. Like Kobe said, once teams start to figure them out, they will have to dig deeper into the offense. So far Kobe has been shutdown the past 2 games. This team is NOT ready to go deeper in to the triangle.

Anyway, this is a must win. Dropping 4 in a row is out of the question.
okay

Postby Lakers4Eva on Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:29 pm

okay wrote:If teams start to figure out how to stop Kobe from dominating like he did in games 1-4, we are deeply screwed. Like Kobe said, once teams start to figure them out, they will have to dig deeper into the offense. So far Kobe has been shutdown the past 2 games. This team is NOT ready to go deeper in to the triangle.

Anyway, this is a must win. Dropping 4 in a row is out of the question.

I agree with everything you said.
But the Knicks will smother Kobe and everybody will look lost so we lose this 1 by 10. :disagree:
"No need to act a fool in public
'Cause when you, ego trip you just lose your luggage"

Phonte (of Little Brother)
Lakers4Eva

Postby FabFourLakers on Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:38 pm

if this team drops 4 in a row...i'd start to get worried...but i highly doubt it...Phil is gonna work these guys in practice tommorow....hopefully they can get Kwame going...bcuz right now...i reallyt hink Kwame is the missing piece in our offense...he has struggled...and we need to get him going
FabFourLakers

Postby KB24Gold on Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:41 pm

KB8@CL wrote:well they have no tough perimeter defender and we play in Staples. We will kill the Knicks.

You're talking too fast right there. Knicks have beaten the Kings and now the Jazz and even holding them to only 62 points. They have confidence building inside them and they are gonna look to take that on a 2 game losing Lakers. IMO it will be a close game, but I feel the Lakers will win this because they will play with anger determination and hustle.
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby Lakerfan36 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:47 am

Im excited cuz im going to 3 home games in the next 2 weeks and this is one of them. I think theyll win. even though the knicks have won 2 in a row the lakers will win this
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby scheven on Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:23 am

man if we lose on this one i'm gonna FLIP!!! :panic2:
scheven

Postby Apexed on Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:26 am

i predict a surprising win for the knicks :man6:
Apexed

Postby gordonninjapete on Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:25 am

scheven wrote:man if we lose on this one i'm gonna FLIP!!! :panic2:

I will join you. Man three in a row is bad, but losing to the knicks at home......urghhhhhh.
gordonninjapete

Postby The Kobe Era 2K5 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:19 am

Let's burn Knicks! :jam2:
I'm so angry after 3 dissapointing losses.... :mad1:

GO LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Kobe Era 2K5

Postby kobesthegreatest8 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:39 am

Lakers win by 12 to 15 points, have spurts of great offense. Odom has a great game because there is no one on the Knicks who can guard him. Kobe is Kobe and drops 34-37 points! Guys get some confidence..lets not seem so down!

Thanks to Showtime for the greatest sig! And thanks to magicmoment for the awesome Av!
kobesthegreatest8

Postby Senator Kobe on Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:46 am

I would like to thank in advance to the Knicks for being our

stepping stone back to .500.
What? Nevermind...
Senator Kobe

Postby shoe on Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:19 pm

noway do we lose to the knicks

105-95 lakers

kobe with 25 points
shoe

Postby KB24Gold on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:56 pm

Phil Jackson's Comments on the Knicks

nytimes:Given the chance to coach the team that drafted him, Phil Jackson turned down the Knicks last summer when Isiah Thomas contacted him. Jackson instead returned to the Los Angeles Lakers, who play host to the Knicks on Wednesday. Jackson told reporters in Los Angeles that he liked what Thomas had done with the roster.

"They've strengthened their team a lot," he said Monday. Jackson said it was too early to judge the Knicks' trade for Eddy Curry, however. "You can't tell in basketball for a half-dozen years or so whether the move was correct, because there's always other things that weigh in there," he said. "But he is talented."

Although Jackson was intrigued by the idea of returning to New York, he said he had reservations about the intense news media scrutiny. "The people that cover the team are like double you guys and twice as nasty," Jackson told the Los Angeles reporters. "They're snakes, just nasty, and the innuendos. Those things, I knew I was going to be able to live without."
Money makes life easier, but it does not bring happiness.
KB24Gold
The Rebirth

Postby okay on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:25 pm

For once Phil didn't diss a team the day before we played them :man10:
okay

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:30 pm

I just got a call, I'm going to go to this game.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Lakerfan36 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:40 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:I just got a call, I'm going to go to this game.

same here :jam2:
Future PS3 owners club: Lakerfan 36, lakaboy 42, Hitemup, scheven, KrazyIvan909, flipogb, LUUUKE, Kobe The Dagger, kobe4ever

http://www.break.com/index/snlnarnia.html
Lakerfan36

Postby keyindabox on Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:59 pm

Woah woah woah you guys act like we are no competition or anything. I think it will be much closer than many of you think. And I think you mite be suprised at how much better the Knicks D will be. It might not be that consistent, but I guarantee it will be alot better than the Knicks D you saw last year.

By the way, the Gameday thread at ClubKnicks is set up in the Gameday Forum so if you are registered there please discuss the game with us. And if you aren't registered, please try to because we always enjoy fans from teams other than the Knicks. :man11:
"Like I say to people all the time, I don’t care what Brooklyn do, I don’t care if they have a better record than we do this year, we still got “New York” on our chest. We’re still New York’s team, regardless of what Brooklyn do." - Ray Felton
BLACK MAMBA
keyindabox
Clublakers Rep: Knicks

Postby Makaveli Tha Don on Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:16 pm

I'm far from a pessimist, and don't mean to point a negative light on the lakers here. But i just have this feeling that this is what's going to happen

Alright, the knicks have finally gotten a W, they got the monkey off the back. Now, from my experience with the lakers this past season, and the past couple of games, we have a tendency to make some of the worst teams look like huge juggernauts. Remember the bobcats game last year that kobe had to win for us, that team was horrible, and yet we made them look like they were a top 5 team.

We let teams score so much and get easy buckets that there confidence goes way up and the chemistry starts clicking and we make them look like champions

This is what i believe is going to happen in this game, and i can already hear the quotes of the announcers saying "larry brown must finally be getting into there heads, this is the new york team we planned on seeing this year"

I guarantee you that quote will come out of someones mouth after this game, when in reality, they will lose there next 5, it was just us that made them look so good.

Now if kobe is fully healed and comes out hot like the first games, then forget everything i just said and give us the W right now :)
Makaveli Tha Don

Postby Real Deal on Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:26 am

Image Image

New York Knicks (2-5)
Los Angeles Lakers (3-4)

Date: Wednesday, November 16th
Time: 7:00 PM
TV: ESPN, FSN

Previous Games
Knicks @ Jazz 73-62 (WIN) Box Score
Lakers @ Memphis 85-73 (LOSS) Box Score

Projected Starting Five

Coach Larry Brown
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Eddy Curry (13.7 PPG on 47% shooting, 7.6 RPG, 0.4 APG)
PF - Busta Rhymes (3.6 PPG on 27% shooting, 6.1 RPG, 0.9 APG)
SF - Matt Barnes (4.8 PPG on 36% shooting, 4.6 RPG, 1.2 APG)
SG - Quentin Richardson (8.4 PPG on 39% shooting, 4.1 RPG, 1.4 APG)
PG - Stephon Marbury (16.9 PPG on 47% shooting, 3.6 RPG, 5.1 APG)

Coach Phil Jackson
ImageImageImageImageImage
C - Chris Mihm (9.3 PPG on 51% shooting, 5.6 RPG, 1.1 APG)
PF - Kwame Brown (6.4 PPG on 40% shooting, 6.1 RPG, 0.6 APG)
SF - Lamar Odom (14.6 PPG on 40% shooting, 9.7 RPG, 5.0 APG)
SG - Kobe Bryant (29.9 PPG on 46% shooting, 5.6 RPG, 4.6 APG)
PG - Smush Parker (13.0 PPG on 50% shooting, 3.3 RPG, 3.1 APG)

Who Dat?
ImageImage

Jamal Crawford
Predicted Stats: 15 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists

Devean George
Predicted Stats: 10 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists

Who Got Game?
ImageImage

Stephon Marbury
Predicted Stats: 24 points on 45% shooting, 2 rebounds, 7 assists

Kobe Bryant
Predicted Stats: 32 points on 52% shooting, 5 rebounds, 5 assists

Brandon's Analysis
Finally...we have ran into our stretch of five home games. Around this time last week, I would've been excited to play the Knicks. Today, I'm not feeling it. The Knicks have won two straight and are playing better defensively, holding the Jazz to 62 points. That's Larry Brown for you. Speaking of Brown, this game will feature two of the best coaches in the NBA in Brown and Phil Jackson, and it could be the "matchup of the night." For the first time since the 2004 NBA Finals, Brown and Jackson have a seat and coach their teams against one another; Kobe and Marbury, Odom and Curry...should be an exciting game.

Guess what, Chris Mihm? We expect an above-average game from you tonight. We're in Los Angeles. Scratch that: we're going to NEED an above-average game from you. If you see Kwame anywhere, tell him the same. The league hasn't seen much from the other bigs in New York (Taylor, Frye, Malik, and Davis), but these guys will be crashing the boards against our two bigs. We do have Odom, who will clean the glass for double-digits tonight, but that won't be enough, especially if Kobe is still feeling his injury. The offensive glass could be a killer for the Lakers, but could swing both ways; easy for Curry to chip in a few from it, but as far as rebounding goes, Kobe gets nearly as many boards as Eddy.

Good thing I brought up Kobe, because tonight's game should feature our very own, number eight. The Knicks' lineup is more of a "pick and roll with it" than an accurate starting five, but if Larry Brown puts Quentin Richardson on Kobe, expect a 30+ point night (that is, unless the hand is still bothering him). Any other day, Kobe would drop 40 on Q-Rich. Likewise, if Quentin finds Odom staring him down instead, Odom could collect himself a triple-double. Don't be surprised to see a backcourt of Marbury and Crawford, with Barnes at the three, if Richardson is abused early.

A problem that the Lakers may face is crowd support...as in, none...if they blow any early leads or go into the locker rooms at the half in a huge slump. The fans in Los Angeles can, and will, boo the purple and gold off the court if they show signs of wear and tear early against the Knicks, and this could definitely hurt their game. Hopefully this isn't the case, and the Lakers keep their composure for 48 minutes on the court.

Brandon's Prediction
The Knicks are on a two-game win streak. On the other hand, Los Angeles has lost three straight. Don't count on a fourth. The Lakers win this one at home, 87-81.
Real Deal

Postby kobe4ever on Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:32 am

NOVEMBER 16 is my 16th birthday =]
Lakers record (2005~2008) when im at the staple center :
when i drink sprite : 12-3
when i drink coke : 2-6
kobe4ever

Postby KobeBryant583 on Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:35 am

kobe4ever wrote:NOVEMBER 16 is my 16th birthday =]

Happy Birthday.

So you better predict the Lakers are taking this one by 16 points. :man1:
KobeBryant583