Wed. 12/21 - Lakers @ Clippers - Predictions & Comments

Re: Wed. 12/21 - Lakers @ Clippers - Predictions & Comments

Postby Steez on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 pm

Why are you guys hating on Blake so much? lol. If he was doing that in a Lakers uniform you would be all over him. I remember everyone laughing and praising Artest for flexing after that and 1 last season. Who cares? Dudes having a great game, let him enjoy it. Yes, its against Troy Murphy - but thats not his fault.

Also, I am happy with the performance today. Blake had a great game. Andrew Bynum played great. Kobe-less Lakers, 21 TOs (Thats Fisher!), and we lose by that much? I honestly thought it would be a blow out so am good. Murphy showed me he can shoot the ball, same with Goudelock. Really happy with Ebanks though.

All good.
- Scuse me while I kiss the sky!
Steez

Postby escitnj on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:17 pm

scissors wrote:Nice uncontested layup Blake. Fish would of missed that one.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
escitnj

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Steez wrote:Why are you guys hating on Blake so much? lol. If he was doing that in a Lakers uniform you would be all over him. I remember everyone laughing and praising Artest for flexing after that and 1 last season. Who cares? Dudes having a great game, let him enjoy it. Yes, its against Troy Murphy - but thats not his fault.

Also, I am happy with the performance today. Blake had a great game. Andrew Bynum played great. Kobe-less Lakers, 21 TOs (Thats Fisher!), and we lose by that much? I honestly thought it would be a blow out so am good. Murphy showed me he can shoot the ball, same with Goudelock. Really happy with Ebanks though.

All good.

Artest is a confirmed ruh-tard so we have to smile, laugh and move on. Blake on the other hand is a flopping, crying, child, who needs refs to bail him out while he is showboating vs. our third string PF.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:19 pm

Meh, I don't give a F about the loss. Lakers showed VAST improvement which is what matters during the preseason. Brown messed around a lot with rotations. I mean given how Ebanks was ballin' to start the game do you REALLY think he'd have sat him for the last three quarters if his concern was beating the Floppers? Furthermore...no Kobe. Oh yeah, and when Gerald Green is on the floor...Hahahahaha, you know Brown didn't care.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby NeeJee on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

It's such a bummer that Bynum has to sit out the first five games. He's really impressed me in these past couple games.
NeeJee

Postby escitnj on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

No more preseason right? Is the next game Christmas v Bulls?
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
escitnj

Postby Frank Dux on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Steez wrote:Why are you guys hating on Blake so much? lol. If he was doing that in a Lakers uniform you would be all over him. I remember everyone laughing and praising Artest for flexing after that and 1 last season. Who cares? Dudes having a great game, let him enjoy it. Yes, its against Troy Murphy - but thats not his fault.

so you're saying we should slurp all over Griffin's douchebaggery?
Frank Dux

Postby 24fanyes on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:21 pm

griffin is a b*tch
he flops everytime and he is proud of it
thats not a real player
Last edited by 24fanyes on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
24fanyes

Postby venky on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:21 pm

bruddahmanmatt wrote:Meh, I don't give a F about the loss. Lakers showed VAST improvement which is what matters during the preseason. Brown messed around a lot with rotations. I mean given how Ebanks was ballin' to start the game do you REALLY think he'd have sat him for the last three quarters if his concern was beating the Floppers? Furthermore...no Kobe. Oh yeah, and when Gerald Green is on the floor...Hahahahaha, you know Brown didn't care.

Everyone, please read this post. :jam2:
venky

Postby GoatMilk16 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:22 pm

i dont get the blake hate

i guess the flopping, but meh. all players flop

he's a special player otherwise
Last edited by GoatMilk16 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoatMilk16

Postby Steez on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Frank Dux wrote:

Aren't you the same dude laughing at Gerald Greens fingers? I am not talking to you. Need to speak to someone more mature.
Steez

Postby kray28 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 pm

If we don't have Fish's late second quarter turnover fest and don't start the third with Green at the 2, we probably win.

Way too many turnovers, way too sloppy, and too many times guys not knowing what to do with the ball in the offense.

I call this the "Accidental Offense". Our passing is craptacular, our bigs get great position, but no one on the perimeter knows how to throw a decent post entry. Our best passer out there is Pau right now.
kray28

Postby Steez on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:23 pm

24fanyes wrote:griffin is a b*tch
thats not a real player

We have one of the top floppers in the league in Fisher lol... If Fisher had any type of offensive game, with his flops - he can put up 10 ppg with his flops.
Steez

Postby TT24 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Good game considering no Kobe, a turnover margin of 22-6 in favor of the LAC, our bigs not getting the ball much in the late 3rd Q and 4th Q, and still getting accustomed to a new O that was learned about 2 weeks ago. Still need to improve defensively. But some some good out there.
TT24

Postby Steez on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:24 pm

kray28 wrote:If we don't have Fish's late second quarter turnover fest and don't start the third with Green at the 2, we probably win.

Way too many turnovers, way too sloppy, and too many times guys not knowing what to do with the ball in the offense.

I call this the "Accidental Offense". Our passing is craptacular, our bigs get great position, but no one on the perimeter knows how to throw a decent post entry. Our best passer out there is Pau right now.

Yep, exactly.
Steez

Postby scissors on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm

Blake makes Tim Duncan look like a non-flopper. Seriously.
scissors

Postby kray28 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:25 pm

Two bigtime punk arse flops by Griffin today. One against Pau, and one against Barnes. How can you respect that? From a star too. LOL. Then all his "clutch" play against the formidable defense of Troy Murphy?
kray28

Postby NeeJee on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 pm

GoatMilk16 wrote:i dont get the blake hate

I do. It's his level of arrogance that has magically risen since Chris Paul has landed in L.A.

It's downright disrespectful to the game of basketball. Who flops, gets the call, and smirks about it?
NeeJee

Postby kray28 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Steez wrote:
24fanyes wrote:griffin is a b*tch
thats not a real player

We have one of the top floppers in the league in Fisher lol... If Fisher had any type of offensive game, with his flops - he can put up 10 ppg with his flops.

Fisher is a guard, and he's not a superstar like Griffin. Griffin is supposed to get freakin awesome.....why is he floppin like a little vag?
kray28

Postby 24fanyes on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:27 pm

^ exactly... i hope kobe lights his a** up when we play them Jan 14 :jam2:
24fanyes

Postby GoatMilk16 on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:28 pm

NeeJee wrote:

I do. It's his level of arrogance that has magically risen since Chris Paul has landed in L.A.

It's downright disrespectful to the game of basketball. Who flops, gets the call, and smirks about it?

i understand, but like 99% of the NBA flops
GoatMilk16

Postby NeeJee on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:33 pm

GoatMilk16 wrote:
NeeJee wrote:

i understand, but like 99% of the NBA flops

But 98.99% of the NBA doesn't glow with a sense of pride afterwards.
NeeJee

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:34 pm

Its usually a bad thing when you say the other team wanted it more. But not in this situation, the Clippers were playing their starters down the stretch (Minus Billups) when the Laker reserves (Plus Bynum or Pau) were mounting a comeback in a preseason game.

We got outscored something like 20 - 4 when the Gerald Green experiment was going on. Take that out of there with that lineup Mike Brown had out there and we are beating these guys with mostly our reserves vs. their starters.

No Kobe, no Morris, no Ebanks (after 1st quarter), new offense, new defense, wacky rotations. I think tonight is nothing but a positive for the Lakers. Clips played their best 10 guys, we were playing our top 15 guys (minus Kobe, Morris, Caracter).

Let those tryhards take the preseason, I like what our team has to offer right now. Get the rotations set, get everybody back, get the Brown system down and let's roll. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Frank Dux on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:00 am

Steez wrote:
Frank Dux wrote:

Aren't you the same dude laughing at Gerald Greens fingers? I am not talking to you. Need to speak to someone more mature.

geez man, lighten up.
Frank Dux

Postby DaBumt on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:16 am

Personally, it's hard for a Vlade fan to bag on anyone for flopping.
It's official, Blake Griffin has convinced me to jump on the Clippers bandwagon. I am now slightly more willing to go to a Clippers game than a Sparks game.
DaBumt

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday