Wed. 5/27 - Lakers vs. DEN - Game 5 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Wed. 5/27 - Lakers vs. DEN - Game 5 - Predictions/Comments

Postby jays/laker on Wed May 27, 2009 9:10 pm

phil got fined. will george finally get fined?
jays/laker

Postby jbum on Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 pm

leftymo wrote:
NWLakerfan wrote:
Haha, right on bro.. I get hammered during every game, esp during the playoffs.. and since I'm watching in my living room by myself most of the time, no haters near me.. I may head to a bar for Friday night's game, but if haters are abound, it may turn ugly.. Or I'll just wuss out and have the wife come pick me up.. We'll see.. :man10: :man9:

hahaha... i get loud and hostile when the lakers play... in NY its mostly boston fans that just hate LA... it gets rough. I can't wait. Just one more month in this dump and I'm finally back home in LA 15 min from Staples!!!

a little late for the parade, but i'll catch next years...

they sound like fair-weather knicks fans who are too ashamed to root for their real team.
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby lakers_09tv on Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm

Karl is calling out the refs. Whats joke.
Matt Barnes - "I respect all my opponents but I fear no one."

Deron Williams - “I hate ’em, you know,” he said the other day. “I hate the Lakers. They’re so good. I hate them because they win all the time. They’re a tough team. … We definitely talk about it. It’s not a secret. We hate the Lakers.”
lakers_09tv

Postby jays/laker on Wed May 27, 2009 9:12 pm

george karl's press conference: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
jays/laker

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed May 27, 2009 9:13 pm

Now when the Nuggets don't get the ticky tack fould Karl wants to complain,we had a right to complain because the refs did us wrong the last game. Shut up George, being a whiny hypocrite.
Jazzygirl205

Postby NWLakerfan on Wed May 27, 2009 9:14 pm

leftymo wrote:
NWLakerfan wrote:
Haha, right on bro.. I get hammered during every game, esp during the playoffs.. and since I'm watching in my living room by myself most of the time, no haters near me.. I may head to a bar for Friday night's game, but if haters are abound, it may turn ugly.. Or I'll just wuss out and have the wife come pick me up.. We'll see.. :man10: :man9:

hahaha... i get loud and hostile when the lakers play... in NY its mostly boston fans that just hate LA... it gets rough. I can't wait. Just one more month in this dump and I'm finally back home in LA 15 min from Staples!!!

a little late for the parade, but i'll catch next years...

Right on bro, good luck getting outta NY and heading back to LA..

Up here in Seattle proper, nobody gives a flyin fk about the NBA, so in the rare instance I even go to a local watering hole to watch a game, I'm still the only dude who's paying attention to the game..

I WANT a reason to fly down to see that parade down Figueroa next month.. Went in '87 (down to City Hall then) and then 2000 and 2001, so if I gotta sign divorce papers to do it again? I might make it happen..

Let's get through Denver first and HOPE we get to win #16 in the postseason..
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
NWLakerfan

Postby jbum on Wed May 27, 2009 9:15 pm

karl is complaining... it was a pretty evenly called game. not well called but even
"We've got to be one of the worst "best" teams in league history"

"Good teams stop the other team... not just outscore them. Just look at the Warriors of past and Phoenix. Score, score, score... but we all know the ending there."
jbum

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed May 27, 2009 9:16 pm

George Karl is just mad because we cut Coby.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby Helljumper on Wed May 27, 2009 9:19 pm

jbum wrote:karl is complaining... it was a pretty evenly called game. not well called but even

I agree, it wasn't called perfectly. However, I feel the consistency from the refs was great. They didn't let one team get physical while calling the other for touch fouls. For the most part, they let a lot of stuff go from both teams. One can even argue that in the end as the Nuggets were making their comeback, they were getting to the line on touch fouls while the refs weren't doing the same for us.
Helljumper

Postby NWLakerfan on Wed May 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Karl's a crying little KUNT.. I hope he gets a nasty case of hemorrhoids or something similar when they get back to Denver.. F him, to hell and back.. Forever..
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
NWLakerfan

Postby crazykobe24 on Wed May 27, 2009 9:24 pm

Karl - $25K
:ball1:
crazykobe24

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed May 27, 2009 9:24 pm

leftymo wrote:a championship team wins game 6 no question.

Exactly what I was coming here to say. A championship team will win Game 6, just as the Bulls did in 91' and the Celtics did last year against the Pistons. If we have to take this to a Game 7, the pattern is broken (mimicking what the Bulls and Celtics did) and then I lose all hope of predicting the rest of the games :man10:
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby SterlingBlueSatinGlow on Wed May 27, 2009 9:27 pm

NWLakerfan wrote:Karl's a crying little KUNT.. I hope he gets a nasty case of hemorrhoids or something similar when they get back to Denver.. F him, to hell and back.. Forever..

Wow bro, I just noticed your location. I lived in Tacoma for five years while I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Lewis. I'm currently in the Riverside Area. Kind of the opposite of what you did.
SterlingBlueSatinGlow

Postby f355 on Wed May 27, 2009 9:28 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
leftymo wrote:a championship team wins game 6 no question.

Exactly what I was coming here to say. A championship team will win Game 6, just as the Bulls did in 91' and the Celtics did last year against the Pistons. If we have to take this to a Game 7, the pattern is broken (mimicking what the Bulls and Celtics did) and then I lose all hope of predicting the rest of the games :man10:

What if you start a new pattern? Lose 6 and win 7. I'm just saying.
f355

Postby matsuya on Wed May 27, 2009 9:40 pm

Melo saying there's no reason to complain about the refs. The game is over.
matsuya

Postby LakerEricR on Wed May 27, 2009 9:45 pm

Way to go Lakers!!!
CL's resident Carolina Panther fan
Zune & Xbox Live ID:SBDuckfan

LakerEricR

Postby NWLakerfan on Wed May 27, 2009 9:47 pm

SterlingBlueSatinGlow wrote:
NWLakerfan wrote:Karl's a crying little KUNT.. I hope he gets a nasty case of hemorrhoids or something similar when they get back to Denver.. F him, to hell and back.. Forever..

Wow bro, I just noticed your location. I lived in Tacoma for five years while I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Lewis. I'm currently in the Riverside Area. Kind of the opposite of what you did.

Hell yeah bro.. Been up here 5 years, love it.. but I MISS the hell outta my old hangouts for Lakers/Raiders.. Events, Capones, Lake Alice, TGIF'S at the Tyler Mall.. Nothin' like a bar full of purple and gold to celebrate a Laker title.. My avi is me at Events mere milliseconds after we closed out Indy in 2000.. Whole place was going bananas, and my cousin stuck his camera in my grill.. NEVER forget those memories.. Great times, for damn sure..
LAKERS FOR LIFE!!!
NWLakerfan

Postby revgen on Wed May 27, 2009 10:18 pm

revgen wrote:
leftymo wrote:Laker defense was bad... too many fouls open shots....

1) Fouls? Denver is in more trouble then us.

2) Yeah, but when Kenyon Martin and Carter are making jumpshots, you just live with them.

See?

What did I tell ya. Kenyon returns back to form and the foul problems eventually bite Denver in the 4th quarter.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby leftymo on Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm

knm131 wrote:
That makes no sense.

You say they have ZERO chance of winning game 6.

If you really believe that, then it's a no-lose situation for you to risk money even if you can't win anything if you're wrong because of course, you can't be wrong in a situation where you've already said it's 100%.

So which is it?

wow... misquoting much? I don't recall ever using "ZERO" and "100%", but I'm sure you did...and twice.

So I will just be direct and ask you, what will happen in game 6? Stand by your words. I think LA will lose, based on evidence. I am hoping they have turned the corner, but the way they couldn't take control of this game until the 4th quarter and got all the calls leads me to believe this will go 7.

So what will happen knm?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up.
leftymo

Postby jayy_zee on Wed May 27, 2009 10:43 pm

Helljumper wrote:
leftymo wrote:
knm131 wrote:
But the suggestion that game 6 is a loss before it is played, is most certainly a pathetic one.

It's a calculated guess based on how the team has played in.... 1) The previous series 2) this game 3) last game in Denver 4) how Denver has played at home.

If the Lakers are to win game 6, then they are championship material. Friday's game is the one I care about. I said that two days ago...

So I'll change it around. They better not lose Game 6.

I don't say this often but I totally agree with you.

The way we played tonight will NOT get it done in Denver. Not even close. The odds are against us BUT if we're a real championship team, we will defy the odds and bring our A game to finish it off on Friday. All post season, we've had chances to show we're a championship team. Game 4 last series, Game 6 last series, and Game 4 this series. All 3 weren't necessarily "must wins" but we didn't come out with the killer instincts that champions have. Now is our opportunity.

I totally agree with both comments. Some might think we played well tonight, but we really didn't. The only good things about tonight were that we won, Lamar Odom showed up, and we won lol. Denver still got alot of good looks, looks they'll probably knock down at home. Not to mention all the horrible turnovers kobe had. Had we lost this game, he would've been on the hot seat like Lebron was last night. Frankly i still think this will go 7, three times this postseason (four if you include game 3 in Utah) we've failed to really step on the other team's throat while they're down, don't see how that'll change friday night although i pray somehow it does.
jayy_zee

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu May 28, 2009 1:31 am

WeLoveLA wrote:Kobe is cementing his legacy as a loser who can't win without Shaq.

He is right now cementing his legacy as a loser who can't win without Shaq.

In THE biggest game of his career he is simply nowhere to be found.

**Shaking my head** :whipit:
:nono2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu May 28, 2009 1:38 am

BadCoaching wrote:Give Kobe a rest now and let him play the entire 4th. He's sucking cawk hardcore and ruining the momentum.

real mature, this is what makes me leave CL during games. Having to put up with this S***.

I hope the admins are tuning into this.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Kobe_BahraiN on Thu May 28, 2009 1:52 am

it was very good tactical game from kobe , he always brings the double team on him and he attacks denver by assists and our rest players plays well to scores from this point ..

we should play good D in the next game much more better than the game thats we lost it there by 19pts , we can wins it if we rebounds hustle and makes some good shots ..

goodluck to our team ..
Kobe_BahraiN

Postby LakerFanIam on Thu May 28, 2009 12:50 pm

The theme to this series so far is... The team that give the most effort WINS.
The Lakers had more hustle than the Nuggs in game 5 just like they were quicker to the ball than us in game 4. Lakers just need to bring it.
LakerFanIam

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday