Wed. 11/04 - Lakers @ Houston - Predictions & Comments

Re: Wed. 11/04 - Lakers @ Houston - Predictions & Comments

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:41 pm

its nice to see us getting tested early, just remember we're stilll without Pau...dunno when he'll be back but hey I'll take what we can get without him. Luckily we have a ton of home games, but that doesnt necessarily guarantee a win. Bynum did miss a late game free throw, but hey i'll take one for two and a W. 17 and 17? Not bad. He really should have had 28 or 30 pts....we didnt feed him enough.
FabFourLakers

Postby kray28 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:42 pm

Sick of Scola's punk flopping and even sicker to see a deadweight scrub like Hayes somehow school Drew for 14 and 14.

Then he tops off the night by fouling Drew so hard that he hurts his elbow. Hate Hayes. Stupid POS.
kray28

Postby TT24 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:44 pm

kray28 wrote:
I had to watch the Rockets feed, and both Clyde and Bill Worrell were getting on my nerves bigtime. While they're homerism isn't Portland level, and Clyde gives his props to Kobe, they were arguing every call that went against the Rockets.

I was forced to watch the game in silence.
TT24

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:25 pm

karacha wrote:Fish got it, but his stat line:

0/0/0

Can you believe we're #2 in the West?

These wins might be ugly and we might not be playing that great of basketball overall. But what these types of games do for our team is make them mentally stronger and its great experience for games later on that might come down to the wire. Yes, we all know Kobe doesn't need the experience or the extra minutes but with Ron Ron still on a little learning curve this is great for our team to squeak out these wins like this. Just wait till we get Pau Gasol back. We all will appreciate these moments a little more.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby 432J on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:38 pm

another good OT win tonight, good games by kobe and bynum to get the job done. Hopefully pau is back in there on friday.
432J

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:39 pm

"Andrew Bynum had 17 points and 17 rebounds on Wednesday, but he may have sprained his elbow on the last play of the game. He intends to have an MRI on Thursday.
Bynum couldn't even lift his arm to get dressed after the game, according to beat writer Kevin Ding, but he was laughing and "seemed optimistic." We'll obviously keep a close eye on this, and will post an update once more is known. Nov. 5 - 12:11 a.m. ET"

:bang:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby BadCoaching on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:41 pm

Well I know we all want to see major blow outs, but are really struggling here this first few games. I have to say the team is showing some heart and not giving up. Kobe was flat out mugged a number of times tonight and really beat up still dropped some major bombs. He's really putting up some good numbers while Pau is out and the team needs it.

Fisher is an extreme weak link. Wasn't he like 0-4 again tonight? There's zero production from him and it's just killing the team. I'll be glad when Pau is back and Kobe can *facilitate* a bit because Fisher sure as hell isn't.
BadCoaching

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:33 am

fklukewalton wrote:"Andrew Bynum had 17 points and 17 rebounds on Wednesday, but he may have sprained his elbow on the last play of the game. He intends to have an MRI on Thursday.
Bynum couldn't even lift his arm to get dressed after the game, according to beat writer Kevin Ding, but he was laughing and "seemed optimistic." We'll obviously keep a close eye on this, and will post an update once more is known. Nov. 5 - 12:11 a.m. ET"

:bang:

That's because CHUNK Hayes hammered him. Sick of Chunk.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:25 pm

kray28 wrote:I had to watch the Rockets feed, and both Clyde and Bill Worrell were getting on my nerves bigtime. While they're homerism isn't Portland level, and Clyde gives his props to Kobe, they were arguing every call that went against the Rockets.

I actually don't mind their commentary. They offer up a fair amount of praise for the Lakers, namely Kobe and Ron. But they whine more about calls than D'Antoni, CP3, and Kobe combined. That got old 2 minutes into the game.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday