Wed. 11/7 - Lakers @ Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Re: Wed. 11/7 - Lakers @ Jazz - Predictions & Comments

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:34 pm

i told you guys . i highly doubted it that mwp could make his open threes or shots when the lakers are not in front big. and he prooved it as we needed buckets from him he disappeared .
kobebryant248

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:35 pm

#firemikebrown

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Forward Three on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:36 pm

Ariza3 wrote:Meeks needs to play! how hard is that.

this team needs pnr. they go out of their way to not use it. Dwight is a great post player but really shines under ball moment aka pnr. the team needs wins more than learning the Princeton. team needs chemistry cohesion and wins. they need to feel like a team and that will mean we need to utilize everyone.

Yeah, it is bizarre how they literally go out of their way to avoid conventional PnR, when Dwight is one of the best in the business at it, Nash _is_ the best in the business at it(yeah, I know he didn't play) and sure Blake kind of sucks at it, but as a fairly average/normal point guard it is still more natural for him than whatever BS they keep trying.
Forward Three

Postby b24 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:37 pm

fire mike brown!!!!
b24

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Worthy saying players who don't get back and have their arms in the air isn't Laker basketball and isn't PASSION... lol he's talking about YOU KOBE
Maluco Beleza

Postby b24 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm

mike brown what the hell hav u done to LAKERS :bang:
b24

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Phil Jackson did better with Smush/Kobe/Walton/Odom/Kwame
this potato head can't win more than one game

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:43 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:Worthy saying players who don't get back and have their arms in the air isn't Laker basketball and isn't PASSION... lol he's talking about YOU KOBE

lol kobe was the only one back on most plays, and dwight as well. Most likely talking pau.
King of Clutch

Postby 7cody on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:48 pm

Forward Three wrote:
7cody wrote:Kobe is amazing. Dwight isn't too bad. After that, we don't have a team.

I don't think I'm exaggerating -- most of our players, while they do good things, do more harm then good

Yeah, pretty much, and to be extremely generous(because I'm so frustrated with this team right now) there is a lot of potential for the Nash-Kobe-Dwight triumvirate to really be a dominating force. But the complete lack of spot-up three point shooters, the complete lack of anyone who can reliably hit open shots in general, the general shoddiness of the bench's basketball IQ(whether willful or a byproduct of Brown's BS coaching, end result is the same) is all pretty insurmountable.

Even the Superfriends had shooters. The Spurs' big three had shooters. The Celtics big 3 had shooters(less so, but still). It really doesn't take much when you are as top loaded as the Lakers are (on paper) Hell, even the Finals-bound Magic team, that was just Dwight and a bunch of shooters and they made the Finals. It's just so annoying to watch this Lakers team basically stubbornly and obstinately refuse to adapt to the realities of the league overall, and refuse to adapt to the specialities of their players, and refuse to find systems and methods that service who they are. There is no team identity, a transparently thin will to win and a gluttonous serving of confusion. Mike Brown is the easy focal point of blame, but I fear the problems are a bit deeper than that. One thing is for sure. The team is not winning a championship this year unless they can actually get their heads out of their [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] and realize that the season is happening, right now, it's not the D-league, it's not practice, it's not preseason. It's happening and not waiting for them to improve.

Amen, well said. I can understand having a poor bench. I EXPECT a poor bench, because we have guys being paid hefty salaries. Kobe, Dwight, Gasol... for cap reasons I don't expect us to be a deep team. But like you said, where are our shooters? Also, why are we not using Steve Nash? I know that I'm not as smart as NBA coaches - so I try not to say this, but am I just way smarter then Brown or is he just too genius for me? I don't get it. I love the theory behind the Princeton Offense, at least what I know of it, but I don't see how that's the best offense for our personnel. Our best offense is let Nash run the offense, then after that we run the offense through Kobe like we have since Shaq left. Just stick to the basics. Play inside out. Run the pnr, one of the best plays in bball history. Good ball movement. No turnovers. Don't complicate it too the point where players are afraid of moving the wrong way and unable to play with a natural flow. Basically is a game with natural flow where moves are performed instinctively to create space and move the ball by reading the defense and making quick decisions etc... why do we have to follow a manual?

I just don't get it. I'm also not enjoying this team. I still hate Pau as much as I always have, because I know how damn good he is. But he isn't being damn good for us. I also think Ebanks should be starting over MWP. MWP has great defensive abilities, but he's also a black hole on offense and an inconsistent shooter.

I've been giving Brown the benefit of the doubt -- tonight is the first night where I was we could just get rid of him
7cody

Postby thebluemamba14 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 pm

fkmikebrown wrote:mike brown....DIE.

thebluemamba14

Postby 7cody on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:51 pm

What I want to know is where is the progress? The adjustments? I haven't seen turnovers go down. I haven't seen defense improve.

I'm trying not to be hard on Dwight, because he's doing damn good for someone that isn't Dwight yet -- isn't 100% yet, but really? No progress in 5 games?
7cody

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:53 pm

thebluemamba14 wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:mike brown....DIE.

:man10: :man10: :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby GabKoost on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:21 pm

7cody wrote:What I want to know is where is the progress? The adjustments? I haven't seen turnovers go down. I haven't seen defense improve.

I'm trying not to be hard on Dwight, because he's doing damn good for someone that isn't Dwight yet -- isn't 100% yet, but really? No progress in 5 games?

No progress in 13 games please.

Kobe must step up. And i am not talking about his on court performance because he his doing like he always do.

I am speaking in demanding 1 of 2 things to the board:

1- Forget the Princeton Flopense.
or

2- FIRE THE COACH.

If one of those things don't happen the Lakers will not make the playoffs, Dwight will not extend the contract with a old team with 0 talent for the future and Kobe will end his spell with the Lakers in the worst possible way: The crumbling of an era.

Anyway, i really doubt the Lakers will make anything happen this year. The truth is that EVERY SINGLE TEAM IN THE LEAGUE is:

- Faster
- Younger
- More Athletic
- Has better Shooters.

Our line up is terribly overrated. Pau is not Pau for the last 3 years now. Metta is not half the player he once was. Nash can't even play 30 minutes like he used to.

The 2 real players we have is Kobe and Howard.

This is REALITY.
GabKoost

Postby Lakeshow24 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:54 am

WOW. I guess I'm glad I missed tonight's game after reading all these comments.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby JTM-Lakers on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:41 am

We were worst bench in the NBA last season http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fa ... /7/pts/1-1

We're second worst bench in the 2012-2013 so far. Don't doubt will reach the bottom soon. http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fa ... /7/pts/1-1

WHY? It's not because of the players in the bench. It's because of the guy who has designed it.
Now, please: #firemikebrown
Our 3 best seasons. [1971-1972] 69-13 (.841) / 12-3 (.800). Goodrich, West, Chamberlain, McMillian, Hairston. [1999-2000] 67-15 (.817) / 15-8 (.652). Green, Kobe, Shaq, Harper, Rice. [2008-2009] 65-17 (.793) / 16-7 (.696). Fisher, Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Walton.
JTM-Lakers

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight