Wed. 1/30 - Lakers @ Suns - Predictions & Comments

Re: Wed. 1/30 - Lakers @ Suns - Predictions & Comments

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:24 pm

snackdaddy wrote:I wonder what that locker room is like right now? What do they say? This was a must win game. They played sloppy in crunch time. Blew a lead against a bad team.

Sure, they'll come out and say all the right things. That they're confident they can bounce back next game. But do they really believe it? Would anyone believe it?

They're 21-26 now. Realistically they need to go 24-11 the rest of the way to get a playoff spot. Do they have the look of a 24-11 team? Right now they don't have the look of a .500 team. There's talk of this team being the most underachieving team in the history of team sports.

human nature suggests to me it's imploding
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Ariza68 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:26 pm

snackdaddy wrote:I wonder what that locker room is like right now? What do they say? This was a must win game. They played sloppy in crunch time. Blew a lead against a bad team.

Sure, they'll come out and say all the right things. That they're confident they can bounce back next game. But do they really believe it? Would anyone believe it?

They're 21-26 now. Realistically they need to go 24-11 the rest of the way to get a playoff spot. Do they have the look of a 24-11 team? Right now they don't have the look of a .500 team. There's talk of this team being the most underachieving team in the history of team sports.

I think they played reasonably well the first 3 quarters and the first half of the 4th. Then Beasley and Pringless killed the game. In spite of this loss I feel optimistic they will continue playing good basketball, team oriented basketball.
Ariza68

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:29 pm

man if it would ve been so sad it could be so funny . after that 3 game winning streak everybody was happy jumping for joy and now after that bad loss everybody is on the hate train again . same people who said that the lakers are now come to life is now putting them again to bed. what attitude of a fan is that ? i don t get that . i am so pissed right now because of that bad loss but also of these so called here in the forum . after wins the team is for real but after a loss evrybody say that this team is a mess . what a fan base man :mad1: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby 33StraightWins on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:42 pm

I was surprised at the lack of energy from the start. We looked sluggish again :bang: Turnovers and missed free throws! Our D looked better until Howard got hurt. This is the worst Laker year for me. A fan since 1970. I actually feel sick after this game. :disagree:
33StraightWins

Postby Lakers#1fan on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:29 am

[quote="kobebryant248"]man if it would ve been so sad it could be so funny . after that 3 game winning streak everybody was happy jumping for joy and now after that bad loss everybody is on the hate train again . same people who said that the lakers are now come to life is now putting them again to bed. what attitude of a fan is that ? i don t get that . i am so pissed right now because of that bad loss but also of these so called here in the forum . after wins the team is for real but after a loss evrybody say that this team is a mess . what a fan base man :mad1: :mad1:[/quote]

I am one of those fans you speak of that were jumping for joy after the three game winning streak and now am doom and gloom after one loss. I dont think this way of thinking makes you less of a fan does it? I hope you do agree with me that this team needs to put a string of games together and go on a winning streak of some sort or at least win regularly from this point forward. The grammy trip will make a winning streak almost impossible, so this team needed to get the games it can. This Phoenix team which is last in the Western conference was a game the team needed to get. I as well as other fans are not doom and gloom/bandwagoners, it is rather that we are losing faith in the team after seeing demoralizing losses like these. Nothing will ever make me stop being a Laker fan, but I know you agree with me that losses like last night aren't getting us any closer into a playoff spot let alone an 8th seed birth.
Lakers#1fan

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday