Wed 5/16 - Lakers @ Thunder - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Re: Wed 5/16 - Lakers @ Thunder - Game 2 - Predictions/Comments

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm

SaintsLFC13 wrote:
alexthegreat wrote:
Rooscooter wrote:Well I guess the "half full" way of looking at this is that they "held"..... now we have to..... and get one of the two remaining OKC home games...

Thats the way I'm gonna try and look at it. Until those last 2 minutes, i thought we did great on defense today. We just lost the game.

Agree with both of you.

They did their job, we just gotta do ours. What pisses me off is that we could have done ours and been 2-1 up if we didn't [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] it up

it's not that we lost. it's that we lost like chumps...AGAIN.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby jamabile on Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm

GoldHammish wrote:
jamabile wrote:We played nearly a perfect game and had a seven point lead. My goodness. Well, nothing surprises me. What a joke!

Defensively, sure, but we did NOT play well on the offensive side of the court.

You're right. We had turnovers that cost us the game on that end and throughout the game...
jamabile

Postby Finwë on Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm

I can't imagine myself getting over this loss.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Zibi on Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Did I really wake up at 5am to watch this crap?? :bang:
It's over.
fruwać jest generalnie nieroztropnie wiec nie pijcie przy otwartym oknie:)
Zibi

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm

karacha wrote:Well, holding Thunder to <80 is a huge success, you have to admit.

no win, no success.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm

sorry but kobe is guilty for that loss in the last 2 minutes. kobe has no rights to blame anything else then himself . it absolutely goes on him no question . i hate to say that but that is the truth.this is way more harder and devastating then the beating in game 1 . man i am so depressed right now i could cry.i hate so say that but we lost because of kobe s bad last 2 minutes of the final quarter
kobebryant248

Postby snackdaddy on Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 pm

There goes the idea that the experienced team will win a 1 point game in the playoffs.

You know, we were basically screwed when we let them take the lead. There was no way we could score. No one other than Kobe can make that shot in the closing seconds. They don't have the makeup to be that kind of player. Kobe woulda been tripled and it woulda been too much to ask him to score the winning bucket.

The choke job with them handing over the final 8 points is what really lost the game. Not that last shot. No one on the planet expected a bucket there. After the final bucket, the ending was just anticlimactic.

I wouldn't expect the Lakers to battle back and tie the series in LA. They tend to mail it in when they're down like this. I just hope the closeout game isn't one of the 39 point debacles again.
snackdaddy

Postby SaintsLFC13 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:24 pm

Ariza3 wrote:really hope kobe gets all the media attention and attacks on choking. bc he did. 0-5 for 3's and he shoots on with 6 secs left. runs the last 18 seconds down when they had a foul to give. 2 turnovers. misses eery shot he FORCED in the last 2 mins. D on harden was terrible was terrible last 2mins.

he cost us the game. period. bigs didnt even touch the ball in the post last 2 mins. sad sad sad. this one is worse than the blowout game 1 imo

He didn't cost us a GD thing. Blake had a wide open 3 and missed.

Our PG's didn't give us one [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] thing to be positive about regarding them.

But wait, you're right et's just blame the best player on the team for the hell of it.
SaintsLFC13

Postby Ariza3 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 pm

sad that watching a game on tv can make me this depressed. kobe really better hear all the "choking" that other players would.

Hero: the bigs?
Zero: Sesh & Kobe (Last 2 mins)
Ariza3

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Lakers including Kobe became too content after that timeout. smh
Maluco Beleza

Postby Uncle_Meat on Wed May 16, 2012 9:26 pm

This is the end of a dynasty as I don't see anything left in Kobe. The man is spent and it should be apparent. It will be too painful to see a sweep at home. It will be another 'Summer of Kobe' as they clean house and he'll be screaming for justice.
Uncle_Meat

Postby Jporkel on Wed May 16, 2012 9:27 pm

kray28 wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:LA should get the sweep over with now. They teased us thinking they could actually make this series competitive but they just suck too much.

And the Lakers wouldn't have been up 7 if Kobe hadn't hit some key shots to build that lead.

9-25, 0-6 from 3? The Lakers would have been up by 9 and won the game if he'd shot even 40%, or hit a single 3.
Jporkel

Re: Durant

Postby JUST-MING on Wed May 16, 2012 9:28 pm

Got to give credit to Durant. He switched on Bryant after Ibaka stuffed Bynum's layup attempt, and after that point, Bryant didn't score a point. He got the key steal when Bryant tried to pass it into Gasol to cut the lead to 5. He played centerfield while Westbrook and Sefolosha pressured the ball. He hit the game-winner to give his team the 2-0 series lead. Great game by Durant. Didn't drop 40, but he was their MVP.
Last edited by JUST-MING on Wed May 16, 2012 11:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JUST-MING

Postby HighFive on Wed May 16, 2012 9:29 pm

SaintsLFC13 wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:really hope kobe gets all the media attention and attacks on choking. bc he did. 0-5 for 3's and he shoots on with 6 secs left. runs the last 18 seconds down when they had a foul to give. 2 turnovers. misses eery shot he FORCED in the last 2 mins. D on harden was terrible was terrible last 2mins.

he cost us the game. period. bigs didnt even touch the ball in the post last 2 mins. sad sad sad. this one is worse than the blowout game 1 imo

Our PG's didn't give us one [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] thing to be positive about regarding them.

But wait, you're right et's just blame the best player on the team for the hell of it.

Yes, you're right but along with the 2 TOs from Kobe and those forced shots. We wouldn't have been in this tight situation. I keep saying, swing the ball around. WHen they get the ball, they let the defense set. When we swing it around, this helps our bigs get it in the post. And I have to agree that our PGs really need to step up. Ramon has been a no show in these playoffs since the first round. And he's much faster than DFish.
HighFive

Postby Ariza3 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 pm

SaintsLFC13 wrote:

youre kidding right? didnt matter how bad the pg's played BC we were gunna win this game. last 2 mins up 7 and instead of what was working kobe forced his shots when he wasnt making them and turned it over too. kobe tried hero ball. as a team we collapsed and kobe was the head of it
Ariza3

Re: Jporkel

Postby JUST-MING on Wed May 16, 2012 9:31 pm

Kobe’s FG% has no affect on how many points OKC puts on the board.
Last edited by JUST-MING on Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
JUST-MING

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed May 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Thunder coach just called Kobe the best player in the game lol
Maluco Beleza

Postby Ducasse1 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:33 pm

This was the Lakers chance to have a chance and they let it slip through their fingers. Unbelievable outcome when you are up 7 with 2 minutes to go. Unfreakingbelievable that they lost this game. I will keep watching and rooting but this was the defining moment of the series.
Ducasse1

Postby odom1year on Wed May 16, 2012 9:35 pm

Kobe went 0-5 with 2 TOs in the last 5:31.
odom1year

Postby Ariza3 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:37 pm

not saying the lakers will get swept just bc they lost this game....but this was the game that will haunt us. by handing this game over were down 0-2 and were gunna lose this series. ill cheer for my team but its over for us. had to steal one one the road to beat okc and kobe handed it over to them
Ariza3

Re: Lockdown

Postby JUST-MING on Wed May 16, 2012 9:39 pm

odom1year wrote:Kobe went 0-4 with 2 TOs in the last 5:20.

Kevin Durant is one bad Mama Jama
JUST-MING

Postby Jporkel on Wed May 16, 2012 9:44 pm

JUST-MING wrote:
Jporkel wrote:9-25, 0-6 from 3? The Lakers would have been up by 9 and won the game if he'd shot even 40%.

This isn't a video game. Kobe's FG% has no affect on how many points OKC puts on the board.

I'm very much aware of what it is and isn't. You needn't be condescending. Although you are loathe to admit it, Kobe's 9-25 and 0-6 from 3 certainly had an effect on how many points the Lakers put up; or would you prefer to blame the bigs for allowing OKC to rack up 77 points.
Jporkel

Postby Ariza3 on Wed May 16, 2012 9:46 pm

i think 18 secs left and kobe milked it to 5secs when they had a foul to give was the reason we lost. regardless of his previous missed/forced shots or TO. that decision was VERY stupid. only down 1...he has to attack early and get a better shot and poss draw a foul then rely on the D that was working the whole game on their key players.

dumb move by kobe. and he better hear it. better redeem himself in the b2b games 3&4 at home. thats the only way he will. not gunna win if were down 3-1..but maybe could if were 2-2
Ariza3

Postby TheMachinist on Wed May 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Good teams like the Thunder find a way to win.

Lousy teams like the Lakers find a way to lose.
Expect the best but prepare for the wost.
TheMachinist

Postby Alleyhoops on Wed May 16, 2012 9:51 pm

Bryant had to do all the heavy lifting offensively for us. Gasol disappeared. Sessions is still back in Cleveland. Artest had more airballs than shots that hit the rim. Our bench is useless. And people blame Bryant for the loss. Absurd. The guy is completely exhausting himself because he gets no help from anyone. We got way more from Fisher in the playoffs than we're getting from Ramon. It would have been nice for DFish to take tha last shot. God forbid Blake or soemone else other than Bryant should make a big shot. Horrible.
Alleyhoops

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday