Wed. 10/7 - Lakers vs Warriors - Predictions/Comments

Re: Wed. 10/7 - Lakers vs Warriors - Predictions/Comments

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Bynum is still trying to recapture his timing and explosion. It is a combination of things...shaking off the rust after an uneven performance, a summer of rehab and the physical aspect of re-acclimating himself to the game not to mention mentally. In due time as the season progresses, it will come back or at least a majority of it with that cumbersome knee brace he's lugging with it.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:26 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:I thought it was funny as hell how Stu and joel mentioned that all three refs were only college refs at the time and this game had only been their 2nd official nba game reffed. One of the refs even was mentioned that he has another real full-time job but just refs at night for some extra money. :man10: OMGOODNESS

He said that 3rd ref has like a freaking office job, I couldn't believe it could come to using guys like that for NBA games. I think that was the one that gave Kobe the tech too, I was like go back to your office job stop trying to show up a star.

But man that was a great preseason game, one of the best I've seen, usually they aren't that entertaining. Kobe was playing like it was a real game, Bynum was on a mission, Farmar was going hard to the bucket, Shannon Brown had that nasty dunk, Pau was in top form already, Ron Ron looked like he belonged, great game.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:08 am

Jackson said recently that the squad was tired of beating on each other...that they were itching to go. Cue the hapless Warriors and you get last night's throttling. It is a nice prelude to what could be a nightly festivity.

Concerning the refs? Well, I would really like to see The League iron our the contracts with the original crew. Nothing against the subs but having things the way they were would be much better for the players as well as the games. I'm sure the players feel the same way.
Nor can the Lakers get blamed for always making the right decisions over decades. At some point its not just luck or "gamble", its superior management and superior ownership.
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday