Wed. 11/10 @ Memphis - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:02 pm

what a surprise Shaq Fan picked the lakers to lose.....here's his predictions fir the Lakers so far this year....

Grizz
Kobe
43%

Hawks
Kobe
46%

Spurs
Kobe
45%

Jazz
Kobe
48%

Nugs
Kobe
44%

winner: Soncis
scoer: Kobe
mofV:2
FG%: 43%

winner: SUNS
scorer: KOBE
FG%: 44%
mofv: 11

Winner: Kings
scorer: Kobe
MofV: 7
FG%: 46%

Win: Warriors
La's scorer: Kobe
MofV:19
La's FG%: 46%

Winners: Sonics
LAs leading scorer: Lamar
MofV: 5
FG%: 42%

LET ME SPELL IT OUT FOR YOU:

@NO............L
@ MEM.............L
@ORL...............L........should be ur best shot
@HOU................L

hmmmmmmmmmmm.

:haterade:
Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby BuddyList on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:04 pm

GO GRIZZLIES blah blah blah

JUST REMEMBER>..........don't get too excited, you were only playing 0-4 Memphis just wait till Friday.

*POOF*

there shaq fan, i finished your night's job you can leave now
BuddyList

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:19 pm

BuddyList wrote:GO GRIZZLIES blah blah blah

JUST REMEMBER>..........don't get too excited, you were only playing 0-4 Memphis just wait till Friday.

*POOF*

:man10: :man10: :man10:
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Lakers4Ever on Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:49 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:EVEN THOUGH MEMPHIS ISN'T PLAYING GOOD< I THINK THEY WILL STILL WIN

Why am I not surprised to hear that from you. Oh yea thats right, you're on Shaq's nutsack. :man10:
Jessica Alba is the HOTTEST woman alive!
Lakers4Ever

Postby Furious D on Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:08 pm

Again tonights key for victory is rebounding. If the Lakers take control of the boards then they control the pace of the game.
"That's where I want your jersey in about in about ten years." - Mitch Kupchak
Furious D
Good Call Stats Team

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:10 pm

BuddyList wrote:GO GRIZZLIES blah blah blah

*POOF*

the *POOF* part is absolutely the best....

GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Crono0801 on Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:34 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Shaq Fan wrote:EVEN THOUGH MEMPHIS ISN'T PLAYING GOOD< I THINK THEY WILL STILL WIN

GuRu wrote:I predict that Shaq Fan predicts a loss

Congratulations, GuRu! You've made the Good Call of the Night!
:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Shaqfan you :smoker: too much dope
RIP Daniel RIP Ana RIP Tom

The Greatest Game of All time
Crono0801
Good Call Stats Team

Postby trodgers on Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:52 pm

Shaq Fan wrote:GRIZZ GET FIRST WIN BY 286

295-9

Pau-------84pts 29 rebs
J-Will 37pts

Kobe-3pts
Butler---4pts
Odom-2pts

I edited your prediction to match what you really think.
Last edited by trodgers on Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:52 pm

We have to come out like we did against the Hornets. Get a lot of rebounds, but fewer turnovers. Also, Kobe can't foul out. Both teams are going to be sluggish, both teams are going to be tired. I expect a low scoring first quarter.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby purple_and_gold_fever on Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:03 pm

is it goin to be on live??
purple_and_gold_fever

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 5:30 pm

jsm0331 wrote:We have to come out like we did against the Hornets. Get a lot of rebounds, but fewer turnovers. Also, Kobe can't foul out. Both teams are going to be sluggish, both teams are going to be tired. I expect a low scoring first quarter.

last night Caron said Kobe needs to foul out more!! :man12:
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby JSM on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:01 pm

Chucky Atkins vs. Jason Williams: White Chocolate will be hard for us to keep up with. He is a fast, flashy, PG, and is almost impossible to predict what he is about to do. We have been seeing an improvement in Chucky's play over the past couple of games, which has to continue. Chucky better be ready to run, because there is nothing that Jason loves more than to get on the break, get an open court situation, and create some excitement for the home crowd. We can't allow them to play a game where they are up and running, getting fast breaks with ease, we have to slow down their tempo and play tough defense. Atkins is the better defender, so he shouldn't have too hard of a time of stopping Williams from scoring, although it's his passing that concerns me, more than his scoring. And Jason is a sub-par defender at best, he let Ward get the best of him last night. If Chucky doesn't get tired, and sloppy against the Grizz, I expect him to have the better night. Tierre has his work cut out for him too, he will be going up against Watson. Both are quick backups, Earl is the better of the two. He is a very good defender, but is also turnover prone. So, hopefully Tierre can play some decent defense, at least and attack the basket. He was really out of it against the Hornets, because of the bigger PGs, that were also top defenders...maybe he can catch a break tonight. With Burks injured, Memphis will be lacking some of their depth at the point tonight.

Kobe Bryant vs. Bonzi Wells:
Since Posey has an injured ankle and is questionable, Wells will start and play a good bit of minutes against Kobe. Wells is a very good player, an all around solid SG. He rebounds, scores, but is streaky. Hopefully we catch him on an off night, he kept T-Mac out of his game last night, let's see how he does against the best two guard in the league...talk about your tough assignments, one night T-Mac, the next Kobe...someone is going to be very tired. Kobe has to watch the fouls tonight, we can't afford to play another game where he is not in the game, if we want to get a W. Kobe also has to be more careful with his passes, he and Chucky were getting a lot of turnovers last night, turnovers that we shouldn't have been making, and that kept the game close for longer than it should have been. I would rather see crisp passes, than fancy ones. Kobe will have another big game. No one can stop him, not even the three (4 if Posey plays) guards that they are going to throw at him tonight will be able to stop him. If his shot isn't falling, he will take it straight to the basket and go to the line, and shoot 15 free throws on you. I don't like it when he has to get the majority of his points from the line, but points are points, and that is a superb way of getting his opponent, as well as the other team's big men in foul trouble. Bonzi will get like 10 and 5, and won't be able to contain Kobe. When Wells gets in foul trouble, in will come their shooter, Mike Miller. Mike does a lot on offense, shoots the ball well and is a good shooter from downtown. One of the weaker areas of his game is on the defensive end, bad for him...good for Kobe. But he is another guard that can rebound for them, so we are going to have to own the glass, if we want a win. Dahntay will see some minutes too, especially when fatigue sits in with the other two, or fouls. Kobe can afford to gamble against him the most, since he is a rook, makes rook mistakes, and still has yet to develop a jumper. I highly doubt he will be able to stop Kobe for one play, he will be in for offense and for some excitement...he and Swift give their bench a kick when it comes to play above the rim. But the bad news for us, is that he is another guard on their team that can also rebound very well, especially under his own basket.

Caron Butler vs. Shane Battier: Taking after #8 is really working out for Caron. He has had great games in his past two outings, and he still has a sore ankle. He has been shooting extremely well, rebounding the ball for us, and making smart decisions when he has the ball in his possession. If Jim Jackson can shut down Shane, I think Caron can. The former Blue Devil is a great all around player, but some of his weaknesses are Caron's strengths. Shane is not very athletic, can be taken out of his game easily (if guarded by an athletic defender), is a streaky rebounder, and doesn't look to score. He is a huge help and asset for the Grizz, mainly do to his basketball IQ and size, but is a better fit coming in off the bench. I think if Caron can play well against Harrington, he can do well against Battier. He has been huge for us, we are really going to need for him to keep up his hard work, and effort on both ends. I think him coming in a few hours before the game to practice has really been helping his overall play. If Caron gets hot, they will probably look to put Cardinal against him. Brian is their 39 million dollar man, a very aggressive, bulky, hard working player. But he is slow, so if Hubie tries this, Caron can take Cardinal baseline and attack the basket with ease.

Lamar Odom vs. Pau Gasol: Lamar has to win this matchup and I feel that he can. He has to play very good defense, because Pau is quick and scores quick, and a lot. If Odom can play tough D and box him out, not incredibly difficult, considering Pau has the body of a SF. Pau is the greatest threat that the Grizz have, his long arms allows him to shoot over most of his opponents, and block, but that's the only defense he can play. I think Odom will have a solid night considering Pau is a horrendous defensive player, he let Juwan and Taylor have very solid games against him last night, whatever they wanted to do on the offensive end last night, he let them. Odom has to take advantage of this, and if he can't stop Pau, at least match his production. I worry about Swift going off on us more than I worry about Pau. I think we matchup pretty well against Pau. But Stro is an athletic freak. He will and can dunk on about anyone and gets to the rim with ease. He took it right at the Rockets front line. We have to watch him and Williams when in the game together, because Jason will be throwing him alleys left and right. Grant is too slow to guard Swift and can't get off the ground in time to contest his shot, Slava can't play D. I think Odom and Cook will see the most time against him. Also, Swift uses his leaping ability to rip down some rebounds, which we can't have. This is going to be a matchup where I think we struggle, and I don't think fouling him would be wise either, because that's where he got the majority of his points against Houston. At least Swift is only an offensive threat, maybe we can use Cook and Slava's shooting ability against him.

Chris Mihm vs. Lorenzen Wright: Wright is really more of a combo forward, he shouldn't be playing center in the West, but neither should Pau, so they let the closest thing that they have to a center, play the position. The player that has spent the better part of his basketball career in the greater Memphis area is liked by the fans, mostly for his college accolades. But he hasn't had his collegiate success carry over to the NBA. He really has a hard time defending bigger players, especially young, athletic centers. He is a good rebounder, nothing great, but often makes tick tack fouls, limiting his playing time. And considering he can't shoot the ball very well, his game is limited to the paint. If we stick Mihm on him, prevent him from getting his shot up, he will be useless on offense. I don't think we will have any trouble at all against Lorenzen. Slava, Grant, and Mihm will all see time again him, all fairing decently. I think they might break out big Jake tonight against us, considering they will need size and rebounding. Now, he could give our back up bigs some major problems, hopefully Chris is guarding him too. We can't let him or Wright rebound the ball under their own basket, we can't afford to let them get many second chance points. If we limit their rebounding the ball and fast breaks, we have a great chance of winning. Lakers win the center matchup, as long as Mihm doesn't get in early foul trouble.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:05 pm

lets go lakeshow!!!
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:05 pm

KOBE IS A GENIUS!

He draws two quick fouls on Bonzi. One on the swingthrough move! :jam2:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:06 pm

bonzi 2 fouls already....thats not good considering Posey's injury...!! :man9: :man9:
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:07 pm

Kobe with the impossible trey to beat the shot clock!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:07 pm

kobe misses a freethrow...come on Kobe...i want 15-15 from the stripe tonight!!!
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:08 pm

nice Kobe with a quick 4...

gave up the alley-oop to Gasol though

4-4
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:09 pm

Mihm with the BLOCK!!!
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:09 pm

Damn it man gassssss-ol is tearing us a new one. Our interior D is horrible :man5:
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby BDG on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:10 pm

Odom needs to get his "stuff" together.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby G|B|G|B on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:10 pm

lakers couldnt get a rebound if there life depended on it!
well not really but u get my point =P
G|B|G|B
ClubHeatHoops.com Administrator

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:10 pm

4 offensive rebounds on one possesiion

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby GuRu on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:11 pm

and Gasol with the steal and dunk

6-4 grizz
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Nov 10, 2004 6:11 pm

GuRu wrote:4 offensive rebounds on one possesiion

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!

I bet Rudy T is really letting them have it right now. We need to box out and stop the fast freak for Memphis.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday