Wed. 11/02 @ Nuggets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:35 pm

And 20 points for Smush...whoa! That LA sunlight must be doing him some good.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby JSM on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:44 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:By the way, did anyone catch Sasha literally crying on the bench last night after he got subbed out?

He was crying?

Someone get Tom Hanks on the phone with him. He needs to yell this at him,
"There's no crying in basketball!!!"
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Muggle on Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:51 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
Muggle313 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:By the way, did anyone catch Sasha literally crying on the bench last night after he got subbed out?

Yeah, I did...and I felt so bad for him. You could tell he was really upset with himself for his play.

While I'll agree that he had a couple bonehead plays (what was with that full court pass to nobody in particular?), I don't think it was a lack of effort on his part. I think that he must have been trying hard, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten so upset with himself. I admire his heart, and it's just a shame that he had such a bad night on the first game...not good for his confidence.

So, who takes "the fall" for keeping Sasha on the active roster...Mitch for not getting a decent PG/SG to take his place, or could it be that Phil saw something in Sasha during pre-season (it couldn't be solely because of his triangle experience, could it?) that made him think Sasha could handle himself during regular games? I suppose it could be a combination of both.

In any case, I'm not going to hate on Sasha at all...cause as long as I see him giving his best effort when the coaches are playing him, he can't be blamed too much.

Good take. Phil was drilling his players - you could hear him during time outs on the KCAL9 broadcast. He drilled Sasha but I love it - it's only going to benefit him in the end.

I think we now know who Phil's official "whipping boy" is. Hopefully Kobe notices this (he can relate) and feeds Sasha some positive re-inforcement. The kid's gonna need it, especially if they keep him on the active roster.
Muggle

Postby zetaw00d on Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:13 pm

I have looked at boxscore for this game and saw profit with 3 steals in 10mins is this correct? I watched most of the game and i didnt see profit play. Was the steals based on luck or did he work for those?
zetaw00d

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:53 pm

zetaw00d wrote:I have looked at boxscore for this game and saw profit with 3 steals in 10mins is this correct? I watched most of the game and i didnt see profit play. Was the steals based on luck or did he work for those?

he worked for them...he stripped cammby twice i believe...he dove on the floor for those....i like profit hes a great back up to Kobe!
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:05 pm

Muggle313 wrote:
Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
Muggle313 wrote:

Yeah, I did...and I felt so bad for him. You could tell he was really upset with himself for his play.

While I'll agree that he had a couple bonehead plays (what was with that full court pass to nobody in particular?), I don't think it was a lack of effort on his part. I think that he must have been trying hard, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten so upset with himself. I admire his heart, and it's just a shame that he had such a bad night on the first game...not good for his confidence.

So, who takes "the fall" for keeping Sasha on the active roster...Mitch for not getting a decent PG/SG to take his place, or could it be that Phil saw something in Sasha during pre-season (it couldn't be solely because of his triangle experience, could it?) that made him think Sasha could handle himself during regular games? I suppose it could be a combination of both.

In any case, I'm not going to hate on Sasha at all...cause as long as I see him giving his best effort when the coaches are playing him, he can't be blamed too much.

Good take. Phil was drilling his players - you could hear him during time outs on the KCAL9 broadcast. He drilled Sasha but I love it - it's only going to benefit him in the end.

I think we now know who Phil's official "whipping boy" is. Hopefully Kobe notices this (he can relate) and feeds Sasha some positive re-inforcement. The kid's gonna need it, especially if they keep him on the active roster.

Agreed.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:50 pm

Thing is that the former "whipping boy" of the Lakers (Devean) had decent mental strength to put up with it.

Sasha on the other hand... :man6:

I do feel bad for him and hope he improves, but ... well I'll just stop there-- I really dont have to explain. :man10:

PS Anyone down for 70 pgs? :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:55 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I am..whats the Gameday record?
This is the record actually :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby dont_H8_the8 on Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:56 pm

this never happend during a finals game?
dont_H8_the8

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:02 pm

This is amazing - the ammount of replies. Gameday record!
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:27 pm

GOOD D!

Postby Guest on Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:29 pm

kooobe! :jam2:

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:18 am

This season will bring alot of ups and downs, tonight, however, was a very high up.
LD2k.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday