Wed. 1/14 vs. Nuggets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby JSM on Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:18 pm

Payton/Miller & Boykins: Gary is our leader tonight, he is the only hall of famer left, look for him to have a big game and get out of the slump he was in against the Cavs. He has be aggressive and score more points. He knows we can't afford to lose a lot while we are without Karl, Shaq, and Kobe...we need this win, So if he wants to win bad enough, he should be able to go out there with the attitude we can't lose and give us a good game on the offensive end. He needs to shut down Miller, and do the same with Boykins when he is in there. Payton has to look to score, but more from the inside, he should be able to do better against Boykins, because Earl is so small, Payton can back him down ad push him around; but Payton will need to keep up with him, because this little guy is very fast and is the best thing the Nuggets have going for them coming off the bench. And please, Fisher don't let Boykins destroy you like he did last time, that was embarrassing

Rush/Lenard: We all know Rush can score, and he will need to do a lot of that tonight. Also, he has to play strong defense, Lenard is by far not their best player, but can heat up and fast...and I would prefer if he didn't do that against us. Rush has to guard him tight at the 3 point line, because that's where he likes to get going from. I think Lenard will win this matchup.

George/Carmelo: George has to step it up, especially since he hasn't given much on the offensive end. I don't care if he makes a single basket (even though we could use an extra scorer tonight), but would much rather him have a big defensive game against Carmelo and prevent him from scoring very many points. Carmelo is a much better player than George and definitely wins this matchup. I just hope George can't stop him and if he can't, Russell must come in...we can't have a unproductive George in there if he isn't doing anything. I doubt George will do much for us, and he will let Melo get 20+ points, like he did last time.

Slava & Cook/Nene: Nene is a lot more powerful post player than Slava. But Slava has been more than impressive lately. I know Nene will have a better game than Slava, and probably prevent Slava from getting some rebounds. I don't another 25+ point night from Slava tonight. Cook will definitely be given a good bit of time tonight, especially with his solid play recently. I think he would have another good game tonight, he just needs to watch the fouls so he can be useful for us for longer periods of time. Good new for Slava and Cook, Nene isn't a very big offensive threat, so defense won't be very crucial tonight, allowing both of them to focus most of their attention on offense.

Grant/Camby:
Camby will have a better game than Grant tonight, he will outscore and outrebound him. Grant needs to try and prevent him from getting easy baskets, and needs to try and shoot some high percentage shots tonight, and if his shot isn't there, then stop shooting (because when he forces his shot, he didn't get us anything) and just focus on rebounds.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby FabFourLakers on Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:24 pm

tha x-factor will not be rush or fisher tonight..it is DEVEAN GEORGE...he needs to stop carmelo from gettin 30 on us, and he needs to step it up OFFENSIVELY...he does REALLY BAD when we dont have shaq...he needs to show that he can play good without shaq kobe and malone giving him wide open looks...
FabFourLakers

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:27 pm

i didn't even know they played tonight. damn i'm happy now even if we lose. but i can't wait to see rush, cook, and slava. i'm begging to love them a lot more, esp cook. i've always like slava and kareem, i don't really think anyone knew what to expect from cook. anyways i saw we win tonight, by 1 to 10 pts.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:56 pm

i think they'll get a W tonight!! the rookies are playin pretty well.

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby wongy on Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:08 pm

:man11: Don't play Shaq.. we don't need him getting worse and missing the year... stranger things have happened when teams are depleted as we are. This is gonna be the make-or- break game for Fisher.. if he doesn't step up, he's gone... I don't think we can win, but I think it'll be closer than most think... but then again, I've been wrong a whole bunch of times.. :man10: I forgot to record the game but I probably won't want to watch it anyway.. :man10: Anyone gonna be doing a play by play??
"Stu" should be the man...
wongy

Postby JSM on Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:11 pm

I will be giving frequent updates, and I am sure BDG will be doing the same
JSM

Postby TheZen on Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:16 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I will be giving frequent updates, and I am sure BDG will be doing the same

hey jsm, isn't horace missing tonight's game in order to go visit his ill father?
TheZen

Postby JSM on Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:17 pm

no, he is playing tonight, and leaving either late tonight or tomorrow. He will miss Friday's game, and possibly more, but we will have him tonight.
JSM

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:21 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I will be giving frequent updates, and I am sure BDG will be doing the same

me too!

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:05 pm

2-0 nugs

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:07 pm

Image 4
Image 4

8:50 1st Quarter
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:08 pm

slava rejects carmelo and busts a jumper off the glass

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:09 pm

Image 4
Image 8

7:53 1st Quarter

Slava just SWATTED Carmelo. Horace makes two freethrows.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:10 pm

Image 8
Image 10

6:59 1st Quarter

Slava is HOT already tonight...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:11 pm

d george with a nice pass from payton for the layup...

12-8 Lakeshow

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:12 pm

Image 8
Image 14

5:39 1st Quarter

GREAT basketball so far! Time out Nuggets

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:13 pm

our role players are good. well slava.. lol. no but seriously they can win.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby TheZen on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:14 pm

slava is hitting some nice shots, and i liked rush's shot that beated the shot clock
TheZen

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:17 pm

ohh my god slava...

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:17 pm

Image 12
Image 18

3:47 1st Quarter

George is hitting his shots which is great! SLAVA NAILS ANOTHER ONE!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:18 pm

payton spins around andre miller... lol nice highlight

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:18 pm

phil just got a Technical LOL, and slava's limping... OMFG :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree: :disagree:
Last edited by Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:18 pm

Image 12
Image 20

2:41 1st Quarter

PAYTON BURNS ANDRE MILLER! Slava's limping...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:19 pm

Phil was right in doing that-- Slava got hit on that play and there was no call...

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:21 pm

slava is on the floor which is great.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight