7:30 pm
TV: FSN, NBALP
Radio: KLAC-AM 570/KWKW-AM 1330
Recap - http://www.nba.com/games/20040114/DENLAL/recap.html
Box Score - http://www.nba.com/games/20040114/DENLAL/box score.html

Nuggets - 71
Lakers - 97

Hobbled Lakers Deny Nuggets
Despite losing Kobe Bryant to injury on Monday, the Lakers stepped up and nailed the Nuggets 97-71 Wednesday at STAPLES Center. Slava Medvedenko had a game-high 22 points and nine rebounds and Gary Payton finished with 21 points and six assists.

Post your comments here...
Last edited by Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:08 am

if we have kobe shaq and malone...we will win

if we have no kobe shaq and malone, we'll hafta hope for a career night from GP...which is highly unlikely, and we will lose without 3 of our big 4...

we need to win this game to get some revenge on this team...
FabFourLakers

Postby ruffryder on Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:26 am

What about our starters for this game:
maybe:
PG Payton/Fisher
SG Rush/???
SF Russel/Walton
PF Medvedenko/george
C Cook/sampson

I dont know about Shaq but probably he wont play

Rush, Medvedenko must step up with some numbers. Cook and Sampson must have breakout night in defence and get some points also. Fish..... God just once please!!!!
Payton must remind himself of being a leader. We will need assists from Walton and few 3s from BRuss. George its a high time to back the team up! I've got a feeling this will be one of thoese nights when everythings clicks :jam2:

Lakers 98
Nuggets 94
ruffryder

Postby ShaqAttaq on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:57 am

We will not have either Shaq, Malone & Kobe, but without them GP & our bench players can prove, they can play well!!!
Shaquille O'Neal: "Me shooting 40 percent at the foul line is just God's way of
saying nobody's perfect."
ShaqAttaq

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:59 pm

Melo is going to walk all over us, who we really need to keep our eye on defensivly is that clutch Earl Boykins.
LD2k.com
We Do It For The Fans | Videos as seen on Clublakers.com
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:04 pm

im sorry guys we will NOT win...i repeat...we will NOT win without shaq karl and kobe...there is no chance...we lost to denver BADLY even with kobe...do we even have a chance without kobe and our big men? Unless payton has a career night(33 pts 12 rebs 10 assists kind of night) and kareem rush goes for 20+...which prolly wont happen...WE HAVE NO CHANCE
FabFourLakers

Postby Realm of Shadows on Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:21 pm

I honestly can't see it as a blowout for them, Shaq isn't motivated but does know that since its only him and Gary who can carry the team to victory the pressure is on him, lets hope he can do what he does best and thats dominate. If Shaq plays we might win by a FEW points or lose by less than 10. If he doesn't then they might as well as the L to our record.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:21 pm

wait everyone is sayin shaq will be back against tha nuggs but i dont see that
FabFourLakers

Postby BDG on Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:24 pm

Neither do I-- last report I heard is that Shaq was having trouble moving side to side with his legs.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Bulls Fan on Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:53 pm

Nuggets - 104
Lakers - 97

Carmelo - 26 points
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan
Clublakers Rep: Bulls

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:05 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:Nuggets - 104
Lakers - 97

Carmelo - 26 points

how are tha bulls doin anyway? are they gonna trade crawford or what? somethin needs to happen cuz i thot they'd be good this season...
FabFourLakers

Postby JSM on Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:24 pm

LA Times reports: Shaq won't play and Fisher will start

starting line up:
Grant
Slava
George
Fisher
Payton

This doesn't make a lot of sence, because he is going to play the point off the bench? Rush or Walton?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Bulls Fan on Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:46 pm

FabFourLakers wrote:
Lakers - 97

Carmelo - 26 points

how are tha bulls doin anyway? are they gonna trade crawford or what? somethin needs to happen cuz i thot they'd be good this season...

the bulls are doing crappy as usual. i dont think crawford needs to be traded...just worked on. i guess we'll see after this season. They need to do something though. i dont know what...maybe save cap room for kobe....

why do you ask? pissed that i think the lakers will lose? if you responded the way you did because of my baseless prediction then you need to kick back.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:55 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:
FabFourLakers wrote:
Lakers - 97

Carmelo - 26 points

the bulls are doing crappy as usual. i dont think crawford needs to be traded...just worked on. i guess we'll see after this season. They need to do something though. i dont know what...maybe save cap room for kobe....

why do you ask? pissed that i think the lakers will lose? if you responded the way you did because of my baseless prediction then you need to kick back.

haha no i wasnt responding cuz i was pissed...dont wurry bout that...i already know tha lakers will lose if they dont have shaq kobe and malone...theres NO WAY we can win without those 3...and if phil plans on starting fisher...then im gunna be PISSED...fisher doesnt deserve to start...let rush START for god sakes...we cant afford to have any smaller of a lineup than we already do...
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:58 pm

Denver 71
Lakers 115
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby JSM on Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:07 pm

we will win because we signed Ime Udoka. Not really, but I think we may be able to pull off a win here, if we play some good team ball, like we did in the second half of the Cavs game and against the Hawks.

I will post my player matchups tomorrow
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby TheZen on Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:17 pm

i believe that rush and slava will have a nice game tomorrow. each at least over 10 points. The deciding factor of whether we will win or not is if gary payton will pull a 5-22 night again or if he makes a decent 12-18. Look for the lakers to make the trasition to a running game tomorrow. i dont really expect too much of the triangle offense as there is no legit players to fill up the remaining two spots.
TheZen

Postby Bulls Fan on Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:08 am

FabFourLakers wrote:haha no i wasnt responding cuz i was pissed...dont wurry bout that...i already know tha lakers will lose if they dont have shaq kobe and malone...theres NO WAY we can win without those 3...and if phil plans on starting fisher...then im gunna be PISSED...fisher doesnt deserve to start...let rush START for god sakes...we cant afford to have any smaller of a lineup than we already do...

oh ok. my bad man...i took it the wrong way.

anyway i just think melo will have a big game. I still think the lakeshow loses by a few. But i guess we will see.
The ONLY Bulls Fan
Bulls Fan

Postby @ on Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:48 am

that's a good opportunity to see what our bench can do !

If we'll win I will be happy for two Weeks !!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
@

Postby mo' betta blue on Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:23 am

Win or lose. With the Lakers being shorthanded, I'll be happy if the Laker role players just put up a great effort esp. in rebounding and defense. Cook, Rush, Sampson, and Walton hopefully will use this game to showcase their skills and potential. The coaching staff and fans will be watching them closely. I like to see Slava, Cook, and Sampson try to get something close to a double double (pts. and rebs).
mo' betta blue

Postby ShaqAttaq on Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:28 am

I believe, we can win...

Go LAL!!!
Shaquille O'Neal: "Me shooting 40 percent at the foul line is just God's way of
saying nobody's perfect."
ShaqAttaq

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:49 am

I'll be pleasantly surprised if the Lakers beat the Nuggets. They certainly can, but everyone must play great defense and make their shots. Anthony should be double-teamed every time he gets the ball and the guys must rotate when he passes it. Losing again to Denver will hurt, but given the current situation, I hope the team gives a good effort and makes the game close. This is a difficult time and all the players must rise to the challenge. :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby Scoopaa on Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:46 am

As of this morning on Lakers radio, I heard that the trainers have cleared Shaq to play tonight, but it'll be up to him if he decides to do so. As of yesterday, they said he was at 60%.

Also for ALL Laker fans, especially the Southern Californians, not quite sure when but there will be an unveiling of a Magic Johnson statue at the Staples Center. WHAT AN HONOR!!! :bow: I'm sure we'll hear more about it soon!

Regarding tonight's game, GOOOOO LAKERS!!! I don't care which Lakers play....just fight hard :boxing1: and win!!!! :jam2:
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt..."

Robert De Niro...'Ronin'
Scoopaa

Postby Shaq Fan on Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:01 pm

If we win with only GP that shows that our bench is decent.

props to hoopskillz, OTK, Eyecue and DA.....
Shaq Fan

Postby BDG on Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:11 pm

Our bench has proven they are decent-- our problem recently had been DEFENSE. Poor rotational defense, poor defense in transition, poor pick and roll defense.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Next

Return to Lakers Gameday