Wed. 2/25 vs. Nuggets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:00 pm

Also... If the 24 second clock buzzes. And then the referees blow a whistle after it rings... How is this an ininverted whistle? Someone explain this crap to me...

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

I'm sorry. But for any fan who sees this will agree that was a completly wrong call.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Guest on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:01 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
xxx wrote:I'm a Lakers fan and all, but that was the biggest ripoff I've seen in a long time. Those referees should be fined for their outrageously bad performance. A win is a win I guess, but that was a bunch of b.s. It's a shame an otherwise great game had to end by the refs deciding the outcome :disagree: . If they couldn't see that the ball hit the rim, they shouldn't be driving on our roads either because they're blind as bats.
I agree-- if the Lakers didn't win the tip, it would have been a complete screwjob.
I'm talking about the Nuggets getting screwed, not the Lakers. That was absolutely ridiculous. Anthony got mugged the entire 4th quarter and didn't get a call, then he got the offensive rebound that the referee took away by calling an "inadvertant whistle". BS! It's no wonder why people always cry about the Lakers being handed everything, because tonight, the referees gift-wrapped the game and GAVE it to the Lakers. I'm glad we got a W, but I feel bad for Denver, because they deserved to win this game and had it stolen by some idiot who couldn't tell that the ball obviously hit the rim and that it shouldn't have been whistled a shot-clock violation.

Postby SweetLaker on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:01 pm

THAT WAS AMAZING!!! I DIDN'T SEE THE GAME EITHER, BUT I SAW SOME CLIPS ON ESPN. I LOVE RUSH, LUKE, KOBE THE LAKERS!!!!!!!
LAker Fan Always & Forever!
SweetLaker

Postby JSM on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:01 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!

HE'S GONNA BE ONE OF THE SMARTEST PLAYERS TO EVER PLAY THE GAME!

I think you might be right. Everyone remember...he is a rookie. Take a look at his stats in my stat post.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby noxcel on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:01 pm

Slava-10 points, 5-8 from the field in 14 minutes :jam2:
noxcel

Postby BDG on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:02 pm

We finally got a good game from our role players in a while.

Kareem 8 points and the game winner
Slava 10 points
Russell 10 points

If Shaq played a half-decent game we would have won easily.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:03 pm

jsm0331 wrote:I think Phil is finally catching on that George sucks right now, he only played him for 4 minutes, and game Russell and Luke his minutes.

Lets hope so. Russel deserves to back up fox.
Last edited by Andrew Evenstar on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby BDG on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:03 pm

xxx wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
xxx wrote:I'm a Lakers fan and all, but that was the biggest ripoff I've seen in a long time. Those referees should be fined for their outrageously bad performance. A win is a win I guess, but that was a bunch of b.s. It's a shame an otherwise great game had to end by the refs deciding the outcome :disagree: . If they couldn't see that the ball hit the rim, they shouldn't be driving on our roads either because they're blind as bats.
I agree-- if the Lakers didn't win the tip, it would have been a complete screwjob.
I'm talking about the Nuggets getting screwed, not the Lakers. That was absolutely ridiculous. Anthony got mugged the entire 4th quarter and didn't get a call, then he got the offensive rebound that the referee took away by calling an "inadvertant whistle". BS! It's no wonder why people always cry about the Lakers being handed everything, because tonight, the referees gift-wrapped the game and GAVE it to the Lakers. I'm glad we got a W, but I feel bad for Denver, because they deserved to win this game and had it stolen by some idiot who couldn't tell that the ball obviously hit the rim and that it shouldn't have been whistled a shot-clock violation.
He didn't get an offensive rebound, Kobe got it. The officiating could be talked about on both sides. There were a few phantom fouls they called with Gary Payton in the 3rd.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:04 pm

The Lakers escaped Denver with a win. Shaq sucked tonight and so did the refs, but Kobe, GP, Russell, Luke, and Rush all came up big. The finish was great, but the team needs to play better defense (like they did in the last couple of minutes), and Shaq needs to get in gear if they are going to have a chance against the Kings, even though it's a home game. Nice to get a victory, but it shouldn't have been nearly that close. :man7:
lakerzrule

Postby JSM on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:04 pm

xxx wrote:I'm talking about the Nuggets getting screwed, not the Lakers. That was absolutely ridiculous. Anthony got mugged the entire 4th quarter and didn't get a call, then he got the offensive rebound that the referee took away by calling an "inadvertant whistle". BS! It's no wonder why people always cry about the Lakers being handed everything, because tonight, the referees gift-wrapped the game and GAVE it to the Lakers. I'm glad we got a W, but I feel bad for Denver, because they deserved to win this game and had it stolen by some idiot who couldn't tell that the ball obviously hit the rim and that it shouldn't have been whistled a shot-clock violation.

evidentally you didn't see what the refs didn't call on the Lakers end. Kobe and Rush were being pushed every single play in the 4th, watch and you will see. All the no calls are pathetic.
JSM

Postby LakersPride on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:05 pm

xxx wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:

I agree with you xxx, but how can you be sure that the ball touched the rim. I thought it didnt touch the rim and that the reffs were about to screw the Lakers until they got the jump. But if it did touch the rim I guess the Nuggets did get screwed.

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
LakersPride

Postby lyk13 on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:06 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:I gotta go capture that clip and put it up RIGHT NOW!

That was amazing!

Agreed. you should put lukes steal too and some kobe stuff.
I will, but right now I'm just gonna put up Rush's game winner!

(I'm almost outta memory on my D:\) :bang:

BDG!!! HURRY!!!! Me in SG can't see that match, but followed thru with NBA.com and it was simply magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lyk13

Postby BDG on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:07 pm

It didn't touch the rim at all-- that's why the initial call was a 24 second violation. You'll see the bottom official call it.

If anything that call favored the NUGGETS.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:07 pm

lyk13 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:

That was amazing!

BDG!!! HURRY!!!! Me in SG can't see that match, but followed thru with NBA.com and it was simply magnificent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm off to it. :man12:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lyk13 on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:09 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
lyk13 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:

That was amazing!

I'm keeping my IE on clublakers! GO!!
lyk13

Postby *wishlist* on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:14 pm

lakers forgot to play defense the last 3.9 err however many seconds. nuggets almost made the halfcourt shot. but wow. crazy game. weird game.
What's it going to take to have the Lakers to have a team song/chant like euroleague.. teams have... I can only wish.
*wishlist*

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:15 pm

Kareem Rush was clutch tonight. Not only did he hit the game winner, he hit a HUGE three a few minutes earlier as well.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:22 pm

this great ( :man10: ) officiating recently, not only for us, but around the league, has inspired me to write a little something on the refs...it should be done by this weekend.
JSM

Postby BDG on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:38 pm

lyk13 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
lyk13 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:

That was amazing!

It's uploading-- 20MB for your viewing pleasure!

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lakerchris2004 on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:43 pm

jsm0331 wrote:this great ( :man10: ) officiating recently, not only for us, but around the league, has inspired me to write a little something on the refs...it should be done by this weekend.

nice, can't wait to read it.
"Throw it down son!!!"- Bill Walton
lakerchris2004

Who said it touch the rim?

Postby kobebryant on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:45 pm

Who ever said it touch the rim should be banned from Club1LakersYou are sopose to be a laker fan! And i just look at the tape, it nevertouch the rim, it look like it but it didnt just the angle the camra was at look like it did!
kobebryant

Postby BDG on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:50 pm

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby lyk13 on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:51 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
lyk13 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
lyk13 wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:

That was amazing!

It's uploading-- 20MB for your viewing pleasure!

Where is it bro? :man13:
lyk13

Postby lyk13 on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:51 pm

Nvm, after posting, u posted lolz.
lyk13

Postby lyk13 on Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:59 pm

Thank you BDG!
lyk13

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday