Wed. 3/24 vs. Queens - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby K8BE on Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:05 pm

i really want the lakers to place no.4 so we can play the queens in the 2nd round and they won't reach the west finals!!!!!

bwahahahahaha!!!!! :man13:
K8BE

Postby KingsFan in LA on Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:05 pm

K8BE wrote:
KingsFan in LA wrote:
realm_of_shadows wrote:
Kind of like the Lakers were without Shaq, Kobe, and Malone the first meeting. Then without Malone the second meting?

Yea and that miller/webber/jackson were out on the second meeting. You failed to mention that also

no excuses!!!!

the lakers forever own the queens!!!!

horry fo 3.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would I make an excuse for a kings victory? I only brought it up since someone mentioned the lakers are not completely healthy (grant) while the kings are at full strength
KingsFan in LA

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:07 pm

K8BE wrote:
KingsFan in LA wrote:
realm_of_shadows wrote:
Kind of like the Lakers were without Shaq, Kobe, and Malone the first meeting. Then without Malone the second meting?

Yea and that miller/webber/jackson were out on the second meeting. You failed to mention that also

no excuses!!!!

We don't have Benedict Horry anymore.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby BDG on Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:09 pm

Neither team is completely healthy and it shows.

Whether you like it or not, injuries do affect a team and their record (note our record without Malone, Kobe and/or Shaq).

The Kings have more guys out, and both our teams are still recovering from injuries (Malone's knee, Kobe's shoulder, Fox's ankle; Webber's knee).

Like I said, the real matchup will probably be on April 11th. If not then, we may cross paths in the Playoffs :man9:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby HndsmCelt on Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:51 pm

Lots of factors to consider: The Kings NEED Jackson not jsut to spark the offense, but to rest DC. Doug has beenplayinbg great ball, but also playing way more min than he is used to. If Millers arm is sore it will defiantly affect his offense and hisrebounding, and God only knows which Webber will show up, the guy who leads the team in points, assists and boards and has beeen making a living off of sending Malone home every June for the past 4 years, or the rehab project that shot 4-18 last night.

When will KObe show up? How will Malones bum wheel afect him playing in an uptempo game having to move on pick and rolls and banging bods with Big BadBrad, Webberand Vlade, and will the supporting cast do anything at all this game?

Given the two teams play latley I'll take my kings but I wont up too many points. (Kings by 2)
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

Postby BDG on Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:36 pm

I agree with everything you said there, HndsmCelt. Right on point.

Except I think the Lakers will win :man12:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:23 pm

HndsmCelt wrote:Lots of factors to consider: The Kings NEED Jackson not jsut to spark the offense, but to rest DC. Doug has beenplayinbg great ball, but also playing way more min than he is used to. If Millers arm is sore it will defiantly affect his offense and hisrebounding, and God only knows which Webber will show up, the guy who leads the team in points, assists and boards and has beeen making a living off of sending Malone home every June for the past 4 years, or the rehab project that shot 4-18 last night.

When will KObe show up? How will Malones bum wheel afect him playing in an uptempo game having to move on pick and rolls and banging bods with Big BadBrad, Webberand Vlade, and will the supporting cast do anything at all this game?

Given the two teams play latley I'll take my kings but I wont up too many points. (Kings by 2)

Yeah, thanks for the take. A True knowledgable Kings fan right there. With that said, it's going to be one hell of a game.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby kaneohelaker on Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:41 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:
HndsmCelt wrote:Lots of factors to consider: The Kings NEED Jackson not jsut to spark the offense, but to rest DC. Doug has beenplayinbg great ball, but also playing way more min than he is used to. If Millers arm is sore it will defiantly affect his offense and hisrebounding, and God only knows which Webber will show up, the guy who leads the team in points, assists and boards and has beeen making a living off of sending Malone home every June for the past 4 years, or the rehab project that shot 4-18 last night.

Yeah, thanks for the take. A True knowledgable Kings fan right there. With that said, it's going to be one hell of a game.

Not if we dont play defense. :man4: The threes peja and bibby drained on us made me pull out my hair.
kaneohelaker

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:52 pm

Word to advice for the Lakers: Defend the pick and roll, DO NOT GO UNDER!!!!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby LakersPride on Mon Mar 22, 2004 7:34 pm

If we dont win this, we aint winning [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] in the playoffs!!!

If were not motivated and pressured enough to win, we dont deserve the title!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

LAKERS REBUILDING PROCESS, TOO LONG FOR MY TASTE!!!
LakersPride

Postby K8BE on Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:05 pm

realm_of_shadows wrote:
K8BE wrote:
KingsFan in LA wrote:
realm_of_shadows wrote:

no excuses!!!!

We don't have Benedict Horry anymore.

i know. i just want to refresh the memory of the queens fan on how we beat those losers couple of years ao. :man13:
K8BE

Postby K8BE on Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:08 pm

Interview after the bucks game:

"I knew I could put arch on the ball and get it over the top," Bryant said. "I shot the ball over Yao [Ming] before, so Van Horn was pretty easy."

Kinda cocky? :man10:
K8BE

Postby K8BE on Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:16 pm

We can still be No.1. the queens still have 2 more games with us and with Spurs, mavs, rockets, wolves. :man1:
K8BE

Postby Realm of Shadows on Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:23 pm

Lets not forget its back to back for the Queens :man1: So what happened last time with us playing a game then again the next night and losing to the Queens we should take care of those b.tches this time around.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:44 pm

It's true that the Kings will be coming off a back-to-back. Even so, the Lakers can't take this game for granted. The Bucks were also playing back-to-back and look what happened. I'll support my Lakers no matter what but they'd better come out with some fire on Wednesday and kill the Kings.
lakerzrule

Postby noxcel on Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:57 pm

A MUST WIN!!! GO LAKERS :jam2:
noxcel

Postby ITS JOEY on Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:25 pm

i hope the lakers can play like they did against the spurs (the november 28th home game) where malone had a triple double and devean scored 19 points. as much as every laker fan hates the kings, you have to admit they play great basketball, they can SHOOT and they're a great passing team..so this game is going to be very interesting
ITS JOEY

Postby SMUnderground on Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:28 pm

ITS JOEY wrote:i hope the lakers can play like they did against the spurs (the november 28th home game) where malone had a triple double and devean scored 19 points. as much as every laker fan hates the kings, you have to admit they play great basketball, they can SHOOT and they're a great passing team..so this game is going to be very interesting

true..

this is the game..that we prove what the fab 4 is made of..march 24..the day of defeat for the kings..die queens die!
SMUnderground

Postby lakerzrule on Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:35 pm

ITS JOEY wrote:i hope the lakers can play like they did against the spurs (the november 28th home game) where malone had a triple double and devean scored 19 points.

That was an awesome game! But I doubt if the Lakers will play like that. Malone is not quite ready to get a triple-double yet (double-double, maybe), and George score 19? Come on. I'll be happy if the Lakers play solid defense, manage to keep the game close, and win.
lakerzrule

Postby ITS JOEY on Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:58 pm

SMUnderground wrote:
ITS JOEY wrote:i hope the lakers can play like they did against the spurs (the november 28th home game) where malone had a triple double and devean scored 19 points. as much as every laker fan hates the kings, you have to admit they play great basketball, they can SHOOT and they're a great passing team..so this game is going to be very interesting

true..

this is the game..that we prove what the fab 4 is made of..march 24..the day of defeat for the kings..die queens die!

i dont know about any of you, but i think we should really stop calling them queens. i've never addressed them by that, even if i do hate them because face it, they've taken 2 games from us (and both games the lakers were seriously outplayed), they have the best record, and are tops in many categories. yes, we have the rings, but thats in the past. we have bragging rights but that doesn't win you championships.
ITS JOEY

Postby lyk13 on Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:56 am

For this rivalry game, as a laker fan, the obvious is the obvious. Shaq has to dominate. Kobe has to come up big too, although I wun recommend taking over the game, but if the need arises, he should. Kobe can score ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, ANYHOW. Malone and Payton, will have to provide the extra offense and defence, pick and rolls are also options. This time, we have Rick, he can do great defense on his Kings counterpart. Let's hope this will be a sweet game for the Lakers Fans.

Anyway, we are already down 0-2. We can't afford to go down 1 more.
lyk13

Postby kb08 on Tue Mar 23, 2004 8:03 am

i say the game will go normal for the first half...and then at the middle of the 3rd quarter..kobe makes a huge entrance to staples from his hearing...the crowd goes wild...the building is full of energy ..and then the lakers blowout the queens.......
kb08

Postby Choson1 on Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:51 am

I think the key to this game will be GP and Fox. If GP can contain Bibby and Fox contain Peja, then the Kings offense will come crumbling down.[/list]
Choson1

Postby kaneohelaker on Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:41 pm

Choson1 wrote:I think the key to this game will be GP and Fox. If GP can contain Bibby and Fox contain Peja, then the Kings offense will come crumbling down.[/list]

You forgot the part about webber. This will be Malones biggest challenge since coming back from injury. Contain webber as well. Dont underestimate him even after coming back from injury. He can still kill as well.
The surgeon general said nothing about smoking a packer fan.
kaneohelaker

Postby luis2k10 on Tue Mar 23, 2004 2:01 pm

kaneohelaker wrote:
Choson1 wrote:I think the key to this game will be GP and Fox. If GP can contain Bibby and Fox contain Peja, then the Kings offense will come crumbling down.[/list]

You forgot the part about webber. This will be Malones biggest challenge since coming back from injury. Contain webber as well. Dont underestimate him even after coming back from injury. He can still kill as well.

He guarded KG very good.
luis2k10

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight