Wed. 3/24 vs. Queens - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby JSM on Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:57 pm

my bad...editing my stat post now
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Viper on Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:57 pm

LakersBaller wrote:t o jsm0331 and where're Slava stats or he didn't play at all? :man12:

his stats
All my walls are viewable here:http://viper0603.deviantart.com/
Viper

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:00 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Final Stats...they were a thing of beauty

Kobe-36 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 12-12 from the line
GP-20 points, 5 rebounds
Shaq-17 points, 16 rebounds, and 6 assists
Slava-15 points, 8 rebounds, 6-9 from the field
Malone-11 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists
Fox-6 points, 5 rebounds, & 5 assists
Fisher-4 points
Cook, Rush, & Russell-2 points each
George & Luke-didn't score

Balance in scoring = championships. Like you said, that is pure beauty.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:19 pm

My player of the game is Slava. This was he most complete game as a Laker. No stupid fouls played pretty good defense and hustled his butt off. Much props to Slava!

P.S. I know other players had a better game but did anyone see this kind of game coming from Slava?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby wuSHUMast3r on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:20 pm

when malone went out, he took over. PROPS.
wuSHUMast3r

Postby noxcel on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:24 pm

Ring It Up wrote:My player of the game is Slava. This was he most complete game as a Laker. No stupid fouls played pretty good defense and hustled his butt off. Much props to Slava!

P.S. I know other players had a better game but did anyone see this kind of game coming from Slava?

Oh please..... we all know you hate Slava, no need to post this to look 'cool' :disagree:
noxcel

Postby crucifido on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:27 pm

Totally agree!

Slava set the tone for hustle tonight. I am both amazed and annoyed at him however. I wish that he would show that kind of motivation for more than little two game spurts.

Tonight though, he was the player of the game without a doubt. Fantastic effort from him and Fisher, With hustle and defensive execution like that this championship will be the easiest of them all.

Plus, nobody has mentioned that this is the first time the Kings have played the Lakers with the big 4 healthy. I've been telling everyone all year to be PATIENT, health is the only thing holding the Lakers back. Now that that too is coming into form, all will be well.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:33 pm

noxcel wrote:
Ring It Up wrote:My player of the game is Slava. This was he most complete game as a Laker. No stupid fouls played pretty good defense and hustled his butt off. Much props to Slava!

Oh please..... we all know you hate Slava, no need to post this to look 'cool' :disagree:

I have never said I hated Slava. Find one post that says that. I thought I asked you not to reply to any of my posts?
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:34 pm

crucifido wrote:Totally agree!

Slava set the tone for hustle tonight. I am both amazed and annoyed at him however. I wish that he would show that kind of motivation for more than little two game spurts.

Tonight though, he was the player of the game without a doubt. Fantastic effort from him and Fisher, With hustle and defensive execution like that this championship will be the easiest of them all.

Plus, nobody has mentioned that this is the first time the Kings have played the Lakers with the big 4 healthy. I've been telling everyone all year to be PATIENT, health is the only thing holding the Lakers back. Now that that too is coming into form, all will be well.

Thats all I ask of him is to maintain it. He doesnt even have to do it for 10 games just more than spurts.
Ring It Up

Postby noxcel on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:40 pm

Ring It Up wrote:
noxcel wrote:

I have never said I hated Slava. Find one post that says that. I thought I asked you not to reply to any of my posts?

so now you like Slava? lol, jumping ships... If the lakers will not win this year, you will probably have a new favorite team. :man10:
noxcel

Postby Ring It Up on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:44 pm

Just stop.
Ring It Up

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:05 am

Seriously noxcel, Slava has one good game and you go bonkers over him.

Shaq's been grabbing 20+ rebounds and putting up 30 points this past week and I haven't heard a compliment out of you.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:12 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Seriously noxcel, Slava has one good game and you go bonkers over him.

Shaq's been grabbing 20+ rebounds and putting up 30 points this past week and I haven't heard a compliment out of you.

Thank you. He just doesnt get it. I dont hate Slava I just want him to be more consistent.
Ring It Up

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:23 am

Awesome win! :jam2: If only the Lakers would play like this EVERY game. :man7: And Webber is hurting the Kings! He sucks right now. :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby wuSHUMast3r on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:30 am

Someone post a clip of Webber getting 5 fingers to the face from Malone.
wuSHUMast3r

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:31 am

That was so funny, Webb acted like he was seriously hurt. :man10: Be a man, dude! He's such a :man6:
lakerzrule

Postby dlivneh on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:47 am

great win !
dlivneh

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:47 am

wuSHUMast3r wrote:Someone post a clip of Webber getting 5 fingers to the face from Malone.
Gotcha. Do you remember what time in the game it was?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:55 am

By the way, how annoying was it seeing Christie point to his wife every 5 seconds? :man10:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby HighFlyAct on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:03 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:By the way, how annoying was it seeing Christie point to his wife every 5 seconds? :man10:

Yeah, it very annoying! Even in the 4th quarter, after a Lakers made shot, he raised his stupid arm in the air on the bench (I think he knew the camera was on him).
HighFlyAct

Postby wuSHUMast3r on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:04 am

Christie's wife's got him on a leash.

3rd quarter... not sure what time, sorry.
wuSHUMast3r

Postby lakerzrule on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:07 am

When Christie points to his wife, it's almost as bad as when Kidd blows a kiss before shooting a free throw. Stop making stupid gestures and get on with the game! :disagree:
lakerzrule

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:08 am

You can say that again.

Check out this stat though:

Lakers with all of the Fantastic Four: 22-6
Lakers with one or more of the four injured: 26-17

wuSHUMast3r it's all good man, thanks it helps me when I'm making the highlights

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby crucifido on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:19 am

Take this into account -

Collectively the Lakers have missed 200+ games due to injury this year (and with Horace out it is still being added onto). Yet, they are still vying for the #1 spot in the West and only 4 games behind the best record in the league. Despite how everyone has been moaning about this season, this has been a major success so far. Granted, it's only the regular season, but next time someone here wants to groan about how awful the Lakers have been just remember that even with the majority of games played unhealthy and with over 10 different starting lineups, this team is contending for the best record in the league.

All in all, an unbelievable year so far. Tonight was just a taste of the destruction to come. Mark my words, the Lakers will only lose one more game this year (more than likely to a less than average opponent) and wind up with the best record in the West. After that, the inevitable ring will be next to come.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby HndsmCelt on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:26 am

Props on a big win. No doubt now if the Lakers bring their A game the Kings can't win with their D game.
"We suck at rebounding"
Brad Miller
HndsmCelt
Clublakers Rep: Sac Kings

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday