Wed. 3/24 vs. Queens - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:27 am

Preach on crucifido. That seems accurate.

The great thing was that our biggest lead was 30 in this game. This was our best game since our game agianst the Spurs earlier in the year at home.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby crucifido on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:40 am

An EXCELLENT game from all who played.

It's scary to think what this team healthy for a full regular season and playoffs could pull off.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." - Winston Churchill
crucifido
Clublakers Analyst

Postby slammajamma on Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:25 am

Now we are on a roll! Now all the doubters around the league can shut up!!! Championship 2004 here we coooooooome!!!:man13:
slammajamma

Postby KoToTheB on Thu Mar 25, 2004 3:38 am

I just finished watching the game, (had to tape because of work) and just a few comments......

1. Knock, Knock...Who is it? Its the mother effing Lakers. Wow. Talk about establishing dominance, easily their best performance of the season, they most impressive was they way they played good D

2. We may have lost to the kings and T-Pups 5 times this year, but ALL of those games were not at full strength. Well here we are, full strength, and what happened, we made the Queens our b*itches.If there was any doubt of what the Lakers were capable of those doubts are now erased

3. While a good overall team performance, Fox prove again he blows my nuts. he was the one dull spot in an otherwise shining team. he made so many mistakes, took and missed so many bad shots. get him out of there.

4. Wheres all the Bibby owns the Lakers posters? Bibby got worked tonight. he cannot defend penetration and Gp posted him up all night. Oops, looks like we found a mismatch.

5. HOWEVER, it is just a regular season win, but i do read into it more than i would a T-Wolves or Kings win because the Lakers have proven they can take their success in the regular season and carry it over to the postseason and perform.

6. lets play like this and go get one against Minnesota. A W would give us a 1/2 game lead on the Pups, and inch us closer to that coveted 1 seed.

7. Hide the women and children, here come the Lake Show, and they do not come weak or quietly. what do you know, winding down of regular season and look who is the team to step it up, and who are the teams that are slipping when games start to have meaning?
KoToTheB

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:31 am

KoToTheB wrote:3. While a good overall team performance, Fox prove again he blows my nuts. he was the one dull spot in an otherwise shining team. he made so many mistakes, took and missed so many bad shots. get him out of there.

I like all your points except this one. He may not have had a good offensive game but he shut down Peja when the game was still in doubt. He played defense like a crazy man last night.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby KoToTheB on Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:05 am

Ring it up wrote

KoToTheB wrote:

3. While a good overall team performance, Fox prove again he blows my nuts. he was the one dull spot in an otherwise shining team. he made so many mistakes, took and missed so many bad shots. get him out of there.

I like all your points except this one. He may not have had a good offensive game but he shut down Peja when the game was still in doubt. He played defense like a crazy man last night.

Did you even see the game? The game was in doubt for about 2 minutes then the lakers dropped a 23-1 run on the Queens. So if thats what youre referring to, Ill give you that. Fox had a good first 2:20. Prud of Ya.

he played really bad, took bad shots, and no one would pass to him in the 2nd and 3rd quarter
KoToTheB

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:52 am

You're kidding me right? Dude I was hating on Fox before the game and now I take back what I said.

He held the league's purest shooter to just 6 first half points on 3/8 shooting. Pretty much any stat after that doesn't matter, since it was over by halftime and we didn't even need to try anymore. He was all over Peja. He and Kobe were switching on the low post screens and cutting of the passing lanes together. During our 25-1 run in the first quarter, Sacramento had no idea what to do offensively.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:11 am

KoToTheB wrote:Ring it up wrote

KoToTheB wrote:

Did you even see the game? The game was in doubt for about 2 minutes then the lakers dropped a 23-1 run on the Queens. So if thats what youre referring to, Ill give you that. Fox had a good first 2:20. Prud of Ya.

he played really bad, took bad shots, and no one would pass to him in the 2nd and 3rd quarter

Peja had 6 at the half, what are you talking about? What game were you watching? Perhaps you should watch the tape again. Dont let the blind hate distort your view of what happen. Also Fox did shoot 50% from the field with 5 boards and 5 assists. So his offensive games wasnt that bad.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:07 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:You're kidding me right? Dude I was hating on Fox before the game and now I take back what I said.

He held the league's purest shooter to just 6 first half points on 3/8 shooting. Pretty much any stat after that doesn't matter, since it was over by halftime and we didn't even need to try anymore. He was all over Peja. He and Kobe were switching on the low post screens and cutting of the passing lanes together. During our 25-1 run in the first quarter, Sacramento had no idea what to do offensively.

Exactly...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby KoToTheB on Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:12 pm

Peja had 6 at the half, what are you talking about? What game were you watching? Perhaps you should watch the tape again. Dont let the blind hate distort your view of what happen. Also Fox did shoot 50% from the field with 5 boards and 5 assists. So his offensive games wasnt that bad.

ok so i did watch the tape again, because it was so damn awesome. And ill gove it to you Fox did play some pretty good D, i guess thats all we need out of him. I just wish hed never shoot, he missed some wide open jumpers. He was getting in those passinglanes, i loved that about the game, all the tipped passes

i dont hate Fox, just thought he was was the weak spot offensively, but what are our other options really. hes always been good for lockdown D though, although i think Peja just had a bad game, fox also frustrated him though.

So my bad, didnt mean to hate so much, ill take D out of Fox every night, i just hope hell make better offensive decisions.
KoToTheB

Postby Adam on Thu Mar 25, 2004 6:53 pm

What the realistic Laker liked most about last night's game was that it looks as if we've found a counter to Bibby's dominate execution of the pick and roll, Payton getting those points back in the post.

I loved that the most out of anything I saw last night, Phil was right, he was saving Gary for The Playoffs to utilize him in the post against the quicker gaurds. That's huge it gives us strength for our biggest weakness.

All in all, great game but let's get on a roll first then we'll get happy.

The realistic Laker

Adam
Adam

Postby SMUnderground on Thu Mar 25, 2004 7:10 pm

this game is wonderfull..nice win.
SMUnderground

Postby nakamuram on Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:32 pm

Excremento Queens eat excrement!!! :man2:
nakamuram

Postby noxcel on Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:56 am

Here are some quotes from kings forum: http://www.kingstalk.com/

1] QUOTE (Mr. Long @ Mar 24 2004, 10:12 PM)
- Who's guarding Slava? :whistling:

Nobody.

Oh wait... C-Webb...

2] QUOTE (Mr. Long @ Mar 24 2004, 09:36 PM)
- Why didn't Kobe call a timeout when he got hit?

Because he's not a honeyspot like Webber?

3] goodbye season. Time to focus on more important things than basketball.

AHAHAHA :jam2:
noxcel

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Mar 26, 2004 1:41 pm

You know, I seriously think there was a lid on the rim for the Queens in the 1st quarter. I just re-watched it... and... Ouch!

:man10:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Game Tonight