Wed. 3/24 vs. Queens - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Adam on Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:30 am

KingsFan in LA wrote:I can't wait for the game either. All I ask for is a good intensive, playoff-like game.

All I ask for is a LAKER VICTORY, forget about that other crap!

Now that's real!

The realistic Laker,
Adam
Adam

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:52 pm

Yeah man, I wore my "Sacramento Queens" T-Shirt today at school. One of my teachers started laughing at my shirt when he saw it and said it was classic...

Anyways, I'm very excited about the game tonight, it feels like a gameday in the playoffs - nothing else seems to matter except for the game that day.

Love it live...!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:41 pm

Shaq has to have a BIG GAME tonight... especially on the boards.

We can't give these guys second chances.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:50 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Shaq has to have a BIG GAME tonight... especially on the boards.

We can't give these guys second chances.

Yeah, if there's one team you don't want to give second chaces, it's the Kings. It's why they're all the more deadly. They WILL make you pay if you don't get the rebound and they make you pay seemingly every time they get a second-chance oppertunity.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby KoToTheB on Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:55 pm

This game is huge, hell this week is huge.

If we can win these 2, depending on what Minnesota does, we can be within 2 of Sacramento and maybe even pass Minny record wise by friday if we beat them.

This is the time to send a statement that the Lakers are back, and keep our win streak going.

Im sure Peja will get 30, the key is to contain Bibby and Webber, and Shaq cant get into foul trouble early. Maybe we could see Kobeon peja early to contain him.

However, the queens have been playing mediocre lately, they always have to adjust to webber coming back, so i fully expect a win, and a blowout would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
KoToTheB

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:14 pm

got off work it's 3pm. game starts in 4 1/2 hrs. i'm going to go play some bball, maybe get some good food. and relax!!!!!!!!
[The Will To Act] | [My Music Blog]

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby lakerster78 on Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:34 pm

I actually posted this thread not thinking about the gameday thread...thanks Lakers Dynasty 2000!!!

I heard on the news earlier today while I was at lunch that Kobe's trial ended a little before 2 so he should be headed back for LA and pending any delays or anything like that, he should be suited up and good for the game.

I think we really need his presence to win this game. Not that we can't win if he doesn't show, but we really need to put a body on Peja...because I think he's the key to stopping Sac. He doesn't do well, the team doesn't do well.

Another thing that kinda makes me laugh is all the attention we're getting about barely winning our games when Sac has lost 3 of 5 and the 2 wins they did get were a game winner by Bibby and Vlade, which was a three...if you can believe that.

I'm callin the score...Lakeshow 105 Sac 94
lakerster78

Postby Guest on Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:36 pm

We HAVE to win this game to have a chance at the #1 seed because if the Kings beat us again, they win the season series and automatically win any sort of tie-breaker which would hurt. They'd essentially go up 4 1/2 games on us since they win the tie-breaker instead of 4 games :man3: . If we win, we're within 2.

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:43 pm

lakerster78 wrote:I heard on the news earlier today while I was at lunch that Kobe's trial ended a little before 2 so he should be headed back for LA and pending any delays or anything like that, he should be suited up and good for the game.
That's great news! Looks like Kobe will start for the Lakers!
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 24, 2004 3:46 pm

I heard on the news earlier today while I was at lunch that Kobe's trial ended a little before 2 so he should be headed back for LA and pending any delays or anything like that, he should be suited up and good for the game.

Very good news. We need all hte Kobe we can get. Plus, ESPN interviewed Phil and Phil said, "We're 95% sure that Kobe will play tonight."
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby Scoopaa on Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:06 pm

KOBE!!! WHAT A WARRIOR!!! :jam2:
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt..."

Robert De Niro...'Ronin'
Scoopaa

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:55 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

Very good news. We need all hte Kobe we can get. Plus, ESPN interviewed Phil and Phil said, "We're 95% sure that Kobe will play tonight."

And I'm 95% sure that the Lakers will win this game, since Kobe will be starting. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:55 pm

Scoopaa wrote:KOBE!!! WHAT A WARRIOR!!! :jam2:

No, what a Laker! (Sorry, I couldn't resist.) :man10:
lakerzrule

Postby lakerster78 on Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:06 pm

Latest news...

"Hours after Kobe Bryant listened to his accuser testify about her sex life on Wednesday during a closed-door hearing, Bryant reportedly will suit up for the Lakers. Bryant left Colorado in time to join the team in Los Angeles for a matchup with the Kings. Sacramento still has a 3 1/2 -game lead over the Lakers but has lost three of its last five. "

-Yahoo Sports

Gametime baby, coupled with a Minn loss after our victory, the Western Conference lead is well within our grasp.
lakerster78

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:13 pm

Great news...

This is going to be one hell of a game.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby outfear on Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:27 pm

go lakers!

beat those damn queens :man8:
outfear

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:56 pm

This is wierd, I played at the park right across the street a little bit ago. I had my white Laker shorts on and this guy had a bibby jersey on. I had yellow gatorade, he had purple. Me and my friend played him and this other guy 2v2. they won both games i didn't really try and my friend had jeans on. I was pretty tired too. but It was pretty cool.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby KingsFan in LA on Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:03 pm

Lakermagic wrote:This is wierd, I played at the park right across the street a little bit ago. I had my white Laker shorts on and this guy had a bibby jersey on. I had yellow gatorade, he had purple. Me and my friend played him and this other guy 2v2. they won both games i didn't really try and my friend had jeans on. I was pretty tired too. but It was pretty cool.

That means the Kings are gonna win tonight :man12:
KingsFan in LA

Postby Scoopaa on Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:18 pm

Lakerzrule....I stand corrected!! I should use a better choice in words...how about "soldier" instead of "warrior??" :bow:
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt..."

Robert De Niro...'Ronin'
Scoopaa

Postby Realm of Shadows on Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:21 pm

Kobe should be called ice water, simple as that.
What do you get when you fall in love? You only get lies and pain and sorrow.
I feel so much like giving up
Realm of Shadows
Proud Mestizo

Postby Andrew Evenstar on Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:27 pm

KingsFan in LA wrote:
Lakermagic wrote:This is wierd, I played at the park right across the street a little bit ago. I had my white Laker shorts on and this guy had a bibby jersey on. I had yellow gatorade, he had purple. Me and my friend played him and this other guy 2v2. they won both games i didn't really try and my friend had jeans on. I was pretty tired too. but It was pretty cool.

That means the Kings are gonna win tonight :man12:

Not really. I just didn't care about it. But I was just thinking, I should've owned those foo's. We'll see... I didn't have my game today, I've been playing everyday and my legs are still tired. We have the best record since the break, you've lost your last 3 of 5. Webber suxors.

Born a Laker fan.
Andrew Evenstar

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:53 pm

actually Memphis has the best record since break. Anyways, I hope your loss to those Kings fans doesn't foreshadow tonights game =/
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby lakerzrule on Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:58 pm

Scoopaa wrote:Lakerzrule....I stand corrected!! I should use a better choice in words...how about "soldier" instead of "warrior??" :bow:

Either one, I was just playing. Your post was right on! :jam2:
lakerzrule

Postby outfear on Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:12 pm

ESPN just reported KOBE is IN Staple Center now!

Go kobe!
outfear

Postby Kb8theGreat on Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:13 pm

outfear wrote:ESPN just reported KOBE is IN Staple Center now!

Go kobe!
tightttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
Kobe is the Future of our franchise no matter if you like it or not.
Kb8theGreat

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Game Tonight