Wed. 10/8 vs. GS - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby Vasashi17 on Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:01 am

Well here's the box score you guys (only for the Lakers, check out the rest at the link I provide):

OCTOBER 8 - FINAL 1st 2nd 3rd 4th TOTAL
Golden State 22 33 31 13 99
LA Lakers 24 11 27 21 83

PLAYER PTS
D. Fisher 9
D. George 9
K. Malone 8
G. Payton 11
S. O'Neal 10
M. Carter 0
L. Walton 2
I. Udoka 3
K. Archibong 2
B. Cook 0
S PELLE 5
J. Pargo 10
S. Medvedenko 4
K. Rush 10
E. Chenowith 0
J. Sampson 0
H. Grant 0
Totals 83

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=231008013

Damn....the 2nd quarter really killed us. Just by production alone, Pargo is proving his worth, but all the other hopefuls trying to make the roster are gonna have trouble, since I feel Bryon Russell is already a lock. Oh by the way...Shaq got a technical last night...I really didn't catch how?
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby murcielago62 on Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:13 am

3-11 shooting from Shaq? Dampier outscored Shaq! :bang: Slava also shot badly, 2-6. Team shot 37%. Just wasn't our night...
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby GaNgStA on Thu Oct 09, 2003 4:16 am

its jus a practice game guys dont take it seriously and yes shaq will dominate but hes saving all his energy for the regular season you guys already suppose to understand this games are NotmustseeTV there jus practice and the crowds are dead they aint like our crowd !!
GaNgStA

Postby LakersGyrl2003 on Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:14 am

I noticed Russell in street clothes on the bench.. Dayam that was upsetting. I'm pretty impressed with our playes except for a few.. I dont really like seein Cook, Stephane, and Koko out there.. I dunno, something about their game, worry the hell outta me... They seem weak and outta focus, but I can expect that from rookies.
LakersGyrl2003

Postby smilez on Thu Oct 09, 2003 10:29 am

It wasnt our night. We'll be back.
smilez

Postby FabFourLakers on Thu Oct 09, 2003 5:01 pm

i couldnt even watch i was actually gettin frustrated seeing Claxton doggin' on pargo, it reminded me of last year in the playoffs 'gainst tha spurs when claxton killed us....

I know i know yesterday was a preseason game and we sat our big 3 out tha whole 2nd quarter, and we had all camp invitees out there and o god they were TERRIBLE...none of them have proven their worth to be on this team...they are definetly NBDL material...I cannot believe how horrible Cook is and hes definetly not a STEAL in the draft..and YES swolswol i was prayin that we'd get Lampe when we were on tha clock at #24 last year at tha draft...cuz i knew he was supposed to be drafted at #5 or #6...

Rush played better yesterday, i hope to see more of that by rush, but he did miss a pull up 3 point shot...he needs to start hittin those CONSISTENTLY...if he can hit pull up 3 pointers, he will start developing alot more...his pull up reminded me of reggie or ray allen...

i wasnt impressed with Shaq yesterday... but again its just PRESEASON...but c'mon Lakers we dont hafta get embarrassed out there...i say we let malone shaq and payton get some chemistry with eachother atleast...i mean that was HORRIBLE, Phil please do not waste ur time with these camp invitees...they REALLY blew tha game yesterday...i mean atleast put pargo and rush out there with them...instead he puts 4 camp invitees with frickin Brian Cook...god damn i KNOW its preseason but something about yesterday's game got me really mad...i guess i was jus mad that almsot EVERYONE here predicted a Laker win....but we ended up gettin our @$$e$ handed to us...
FabFourLakers

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Oct 09, 2003 7:07 pm

Don't worry about it. Why is everyone so upset over the loss last night?

1. The rotation the first night is why we won.
2. The 2nd game, he played everyone
3. He's going to cut just about ALL the camp invitees excluding Russel.

Also, all the players were running the basic triangle offense and almost half the player didn't know how to run it (invitees)

Phil intentionally didn't do the regular rotations to see who can play...and who can't!

I'm not worried at all, we look so good with the rotations correct. And once we do the initial cuts, Phil will get in to the reg. options in the triangle offense. No worries yall... we are just experimenting right now.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby rydjorker121 on Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:48 pm

I didn't see the game again, mainly because I tuned in the second quarter and heard the Lakers were down by 21. And then I shut off the TV, the neighbors were screaming, the dogs were barking, the babies were crying...it was all horrid. I notice that Rush had a 4-8 game, 2-4 3PGs, can someone tell me what kind of game he had? And why's Speedy Claxton shooting 8-11 from the field. All the more for GS to trade Exel, for some big man like Thomas and Travis Knight. Claxton...lol...can't believe he's doing this...on the bright side, Cliff Robinson and Mike Dunleavy didn't have exploding games...I mean, Dunleavy only had five points but he seemed to create the offense just with his presence. Calbert Cheaney, a no-namer, even...scoring. OMG! Never thought I'd see the Lakers lose. Oh what has the world become! :freak2:
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Kobe834 on Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:48 pm

Keep Udoka. Keep Sampson. Don't feel bad cuz they lost cuz it was our bench agaist their starters. Just a preseason game.
Kobe834

Postby SWOL on Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:25 pm

yeah i like what i saw from Sampson in limited action, he is young and blocks shots, id try to keep him around
SWOL
Separated at Birth: Ron Artest

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:42 pm

Phil likes Pargo alot so far....so I guess its really up to Sampson or Russell...its gonna be one of those two, cause it looks like Pargo is a lock, reports the Orange County Register:
Lakers coaches continue to ponder the back end of the roster, where veteran small forward Bryon Russell is trying to secure a spot over 20-year-old center Jamal Sampson (Mater Dei High).

Coach Phil Jackson indicated guard Jannero Pargo will be on the team, even though Jackson acknowledged it will be hard to find time for Pargo behind Gary Payton and Derek Fisher.

"Pargo's going to be a game-buster at some point," Jackson said.
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:24 pm

Yup..thks Vashashi17...thats so true...after seeing Pargo with those games, it seems that the little man has gained a huge boost of confidence with his threes...he can even create them by himself or make them with a man in his face..thats confidence son, thats confidence. Not only that, he makes great passes, which are underrated, to cutters like the bounce to Slava. He's an intruiging prospect and definite sleeper. Even better than Marcus Banks at this point. Course, the Celtics always stunk at draft picks...Kedrick Brown, Kendrick Perkins...aargh. But Pargo can really create the court and enlivens the Lakers bench. It's only unfortunate that he's playing behind two PGs.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby FabFourLakers on Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:50 pm

rydjorker121 wrote:Yup..thks Vashashi17...thats so true...after seeing Pargo with those games, it seems that the little man has gained a huge boost of confidence with his threes...he can even create them by himself or make them with a man in his face..thats confidence son, thats confidence. Not only that, he makes great passes, which are underrated, to cutters like the bounce to Slava. He's an intruiging prospect and definite sleeper. Even better than Marcus Banks at this point. Course, the Celtics always stunk at draft picks...Kedrick Brown, Kendrick Perkins...aargh. But Pargo can really create the court and enlivens the Lakers bench. It's only unfortunate that he's playing behind two PGs.

ACTUALLY, kedrick brown is supposed to have a break out season..hes doin good in preseason games right now...hes startin for the celtics right now...i expect him to have a break through year...
FabFourLakers

Postby rydjorker121 on Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:57 pm

yeah...he extended his range surprisingly....he seems to gain a confidence boost....hey but we aren't talking Celtics here....hey does anyone know that Kareem Rush gained 15 lbs. of muscle? Seems that it's helping his threes. They're not missing as bad as they used to be.
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:57 pm

Yes Rush gained alot of muscle. He looks alot bigger and his stroke from further away is beautiful!

He's not pushing like he was last year on those far away three's.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday