Wed. 3/03 @ Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:23 pm

jsm0331 wrote:Kobe, Kobe, Kobe....what a hell of a shot to win it for us...BDG, I hope we can see a nice long one of that play.
You got it. :man1:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:24 pm

Who is in charge of daily highlights? Whoever is, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the Phil Jackson stomping his feet video!!!
GWHiZiTSPHiL
Clublakers Rep: Clippers

Postby whats golden on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:24 pm

looking at the box score it seems that everyone is starting to contribute - this can only mean good things.

They said playing basketball would kill me. Well, not playing basketball was killing me.
Earvin ''Magic'' Johnson
whats golden

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:25 pm

BDG, video of Phil stomping please :) That was better than any other play.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:25 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Who is in charge of daily highlights? Whoever is, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the Phil Jackson stomping his feet video!!!
I do the Daily Highlights.

Allright-- I'll put up a short clip of that for you :man12:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:26 pm

BryantDunkGiant wrote:
GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:Who is in charge of daily highlights? Whoever is, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE put the Phil Jackson stomping his feet video!!!
I do the Daily Highlights.

Allright-- I'll put up a short clip of that for you :man12:

Thank you! That was easily the highlight of the night! Phil, the most calm, cool, collective and in control coach goes ape!
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby outfear on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:29 pm

http://home.comcast.net/~cpt666/kobeMVP.avi

I just made a clip of KB8's MVP shot. XVID/divx CODEC

enjoy
outfear

Postby joshua on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:30 pm

props to slava and luke(except for the late turnover) not to mention rush hit a couple of shots, and kobe and shaq(minus free throws) performing like they should, good effort late guys, since i never get to see us play, thank you espn for bringing this gift
joshua

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:34 pm

Wow thanks for that outfear!

My oh my... there's alot I could go on and say about the game, but I'm going to try to recap my thoughts.

First off, after three quarters of watching Yao outplay (I don't say "dominate" because nobody can dominate Shaquille) Shaquille, he came back with fire in the fourth and proved who the big daddy was. What a huge game for him!

Next was Walton. Despite his turnover, he hit HUGE shots for us tonight. It was absolutly woderful to watch. Don't forget about Payton either...

My next player is my boy D Fisher, he had a BIG game for us stickin on Francis defensivly, his three, and his big free throws at the end. For all the haters, where are you at now? That's right, when the game's on the line, D-Fish will be here for us.

And lastly, Kobe Bryant... The guy is clutch as hell. Unbeilevable shot. Unreal...

Lakers have won 8 out of their last 10. Let's keep rolling...
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby shaqpak34 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:37 pm

yao got a bright future, for sure..scoring 33 against the best center int he league, and almost the best player in the world, is just amazing

he scored over shaq wit unprecedented ease, no ones done that to shaq before

but luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

and GP U GUYS SAID HE USELES HE JUST PROVEDF YALL WHY THE F HE SO FRIGIN GOOD

and koBE IS THE BEST PLAYA IN THE WORLD NOW
shaqpak34

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:40 pm

How can you guys forget Slava? I mean except for his fouls, he had a pretty solid shooting night, and lets not forget that offensive rebound.

Oh...and I hate Rick Fox.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby murcielago62 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:40 pm

whats golden wrote:
outfear wrote:I still worry about the FT% of Shaq

If he made 50% it's a easy win.

i know, 2-13 isn't what you would call ideal

Is it me or is Shaq digressing in this FT shooting? He should go underhand.
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby outfear on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:41 pm

Luke made some Rookie mistakes in the game, but GREAT EFFORT

BTW, my first Signature :jam2: :jam2:
Last edited by outfear on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
outfear

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:42 pm

Doesn't Shaq know that free throws can cost us games? I bet every Laker is pissed off at his free throw attempts. I have a better chance making a free throw shooting with my left pinky, upside down, spinning on a basketball.
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:43 pm

More than effort. Fisher, Walton, GP, Slava all contributed when we needed them. It was a great game to watch because when the bench players step up like they did tonight, the Lakers are a very dangerous team.

Great victory for the Lakers.

By The Way: I will see the Lakers face the Rockets for the final time this season April 1 in section 101, Row A, seat 5 & 6
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby noxcel on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:44 pm

GWHiZiTSPHiL wrote:How can you guys forget Slava? I mean except for his fouls, he had a pretty solid shooting night, and lets not forget that offensive rebound.

Oh...and I hate Rick Fox.

nobody respects Slava here so they do not post anything when he plays good, only when he plays bad.

about the game: Kobe - MVP, LUkE!!!!, FISH, Payton, oh and Shaq.
Nice comeback and win.
noxcel

Postby murcielago62 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:45 pm

Did the Lakers play the Rockets 3 times last season? I can only remember 3 games. I remember the OT loss, the game where Kobe dropped in 50 and the final game in Houston. Am I correct?-
"Sitting in the house, I'm loadin' up the pump. I'm loadin' up the Uzi. I got a couple M-16s, a couple 9s. I got a couple joints with some silencers on them. I'm just loading clips, a couple grenades. I got a missile launcher with a couple of missiles. I'm ready for war." - Kevin Garnett
murcielago62

Postby noxcel on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:45 pm

btw, did george play only like 10 seconds? lol
noxcel

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:46 pm

nobody respects Slava here so they do not post anything when he plays good, only when he plays bad.

Hey don't say nobody because you know I am there to back up any anti-Slava talk every time it is out there. As well as SOME others too. :man12:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby JSM on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:47 pm

Final Stats

Shaq-28 points, 7 rebounds, & 5 blocks
Kobe-18 points, 13 assists (season high), 8 rebounds, and he hit the game winner.
Payton-14 points (11 of those in the 1st quarter)
Slava-13 points & 6 rebounds
Luke-he had perhaps his most important game of the season for us tonight and hit two HUGE 3's. He scored 8 points, 3 boards, 2 assists, and played 16 minutes.
Rush-6 points (2 big 3's)
Fisher-5 points
Russell & Cook-each with 2 points
Fox-played 24 minutes, went 0-5, and didn't score. I hope he isn't catching the George curse.
Speaking of George. He played his most important game of the season for us. He had 0 fouls, 0 turnovers, 0 bad plays, 0 missed shots, 0 missed free throws, oh yeah....and 0 minutes. He played 9.8 seconds. I guess Phil is finally figuring out what we have known for a little while now.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby noxcel on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:48 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

Hey don't say nobody because you know I am there to back up any anti-Slava talk every time it is out there. As well as SOME others too. :man12:

:jam2:
noxcel

Postby GWHiZiTSPHiL on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:48 pm

Lol, I'm still chuckling at that Phil stomping routine...I can picture him doing the charleston right now (Jazzy dance from the 1920's). :man1: :man1: :man1:
GWHiZiTSPHiL

Postby shaqpak34 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:50 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

me 2, i was in a hurry and only the more prominent efforts came into my mind, that dont mean he dint do good

even rush played pretty well for us hittin som ebig threes

btw, give fox time peeps, he just came back from a huge break and injury and he did hit some clutch shotrs for us especially that magic game

give him time, and hell return to his clutch self

he is gettin the looks, he just needs to find his rythm again
shaqpak34

Postby LakersBaller on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:51 pm

2night Luke and Slava impressed me, players must have confidence in such important games, Shaq and Kobe-as good as usual :bow:
LakersBaller

Postby joshua on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:52 pm

i know eveybody is wetting their pants that d3 didn't play tonight, but i question if this is the answer to his woes, while i don't think he should be there in quality minutes, totally benching a guy isn't really a boost for his confidence, fox cant hit the ocean either, but he gets minutes (as he should), i love everyone on this team and i just hate to see someone who has been here this long get nothing, but... we won woohoo!
joshua

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Gameday