Wed. 3/03 @ Rockets - Results Inside - Postgame comments

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:53 pm

Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby joshua on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:56 pm

and what about mobley's @$$ he's lucky he landed cheek first or he would be @$$fu*$@d, although espn said he took one in the butt
joshua

Postby rydjorker121 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 9:59 pm

thks for that comic relief BDG...The Zen master just has to let his emotions go out....c'mon the Lakers haven't been playing well Phil pissing his health off would've been a nice change...

And nice win at that...if we could play like we did at that 4th quarter consistently we'd win...but the Rockets were actually playing wear and tear...and we'd keep acting clutch...thats what you get when you don't guard Luke Walton, the steal of the draft....the Rockets were fatigued and Yao Ming started missing...Cuttino off night, Franchise didn't make much a presence...that was good, but we can't defend the pick and roll but we sorta negated the Rocket D, cuz we had Shaq naturally he changes defensive procedures....so thats good, but Yao seemingly dominated Shaq today no matter what y'all say...Yao was prepared and Shaq came only in the 2nd half, even though plagued by foul trouble...its hard to get fat people motivated, sucks. And that Kobe shot over Ming...tough and hard, if he'd miss that we would all be kicking, screaming and flaying alive....we were down by 1...but Kobe is so confident and cool he swished it through the air...like an exclamation point....I totally love that part....
rydjorker121
Draft/Trade Rumor Staff

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:07 pm

Click below to download Kobe's game winner!

Kobe hits a high-arching game winner over Yao Ming!**MUST SEE**
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:43 pm

To view the rest of the Daily Highlights, click here: http://www.clublakers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8020

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:51 pm

Man BDG, thanks as always for the highlights...

When Phil stomped his feet, that's like the first time he's shown that much emotion since he's been here. :man10:
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby iWuVkObE8BrYaNT on Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:49 pm

PHIL JACKSON stompin his feet waz the highlight of the night. that waz funny as hell :man10:

`Behind every great man is a great woman`

`It is not necessary to hope in order to undertake, or to succeed in order to perservere`
iWuVkObE8BrYaNT

Postby SMUnderground on Wed Mar 03, 2004 11:54 pm

hahahahaha..man..too bad i didn't get a chance to see the game..argh.. :mad1:
SMUnderground

Postby queen_hater on Thu Mar 04, 2004 12:48 am

if only shaq could make 60% of his free throws. i think he outplayed Yao no matter what others say. yao had the higher score because he can nail his freethrows unlike the diesel who is shootin [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] lately from the line.

both had great offensive games. but defensively...no contest. yao got his shot swatted 3 times. 2 in the first when shaq has not in foul trouble and once during the last minute of the game.

just make your freethrows next time shaq

this is how a 4 time nba champ gets it done
queen_hater

Postby Ring It Up on Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:40 am

BryantDunkGiant wrote:Click below to download Kobe's game winner!

Thanks for the highlights BDG. For those of use who must watch the game on other networks and the NBA LP we love to hear familiar voices when watch the game or highlights.
How do I know Jesus loves me so much he doesn't want me working the whole weekend?
Exodus 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall be put to death.
Don't believe those lies, son! The only lies worth believing are the ones in the Bible! Can I get an amen?
Ring It Up

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:36 pm

Ring It Up wrote:
BryantDunkGiant wrote:Click below to download Kobe's game winner!

Thanks for the highlights BDG. For those of use who must watch the game on other networks and the NBA LP we love to hear familiar voices when watch the game or highlights.
You're welcome man, Sunderland and Stu are much better than those ESPN announcers. I gotta stay true to K-CAL!

I'm glad you enjoyed em, that was a great game.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:37 pm

You're welcome man, Sunderland and Stu are much better than those ESPN announcers. I gotta stay true to K-CAL!

Yes they are... I love Paul and Stu, they are absolutly wonderful when working together.

I record all my games on either FSW or K-CAL even if it's on ESPN or ABC that same day... Same reason you do - our boys Paul and Stu!
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby BDG on Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:45 pm

Lakers Dynasty 2000 wrote:

Yes they are... I love Paul and Stu, they are absolutly wonderful when working together.

I record all my games on either FSW or K-CAL even if it's on ESPN or ABC that same day... Same reason you do - our boys Paul and Stu!
I'd listened to Chick all my life and it was terrible to lose him. I grew attached to the on-air chemistry he and Stu shared and I think Paul's done a decent job of keeping that. No one can replace Chick though. I gotta watch the Laker announcers however.

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Fri Mar 05, 2004 12:43 pm

I'd listened to Chick all my life and it was terrible to lose him. I grew attached to the on-air chemistry he and Stu shared and I think Paul's done a decent job of keeping that. No one can replace Chick though. I gotta watch the Laker announcers however.

I agree. I also agree with the fact that Sunderland's done such a great job attempting to replace the one-of-a-kind Chick Hearn behind the announcers table...

Also, when Phil stomped his feet, he was trying to signal to the ref that the Rocket's player stepped on the sidelines out of bounds. I don't think he did it for no reason when you go back and look at it. It was halarious.
Lakers Dynasty 2000

Postby lakerzrule on Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:01 pm

I watched this game. It had a nice finish and a good win but the Lakers let the Rockets hang around again. Luckily, Kobe, GP, and Luke came up big in the 4th quarter, though Luke made some bad plays, but he's a rookie so it's understandable and he's been playing rather well. I also saw Phil stomp his foot, it was great to see him that active, but the out-of-bounds call was critical so it wasn't that surprising. I know Slava's been playing his heart out, but this game shows that maybe Grant does make a difference, I hope he comes back soon. It's almost time for Karl to return, so the team should be OK from here on out. And no one will replace Chick, but I know what you mean, Paul makes mistakes sometimes but he tries hard and is way better than the other announcers. :jam2:
lakerzrule

Previous

Return to Lakers Gameday